Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the support from all the people who are still reading this story :)

Keep those lovely reviews coming
Buffy woke up slowly not opening her eyes until it was absolutely necessary. She felt so comfy it was unbelievable.

Humph I could stay like this forever.

She suddenly realised that a hand was gently rubbing her back and she was laying on something that was breathing. Her eyes snapped open and she met Spikes amused stare in shock.
“Hey luv.” Spike greeted softly tucking a wild strand of her hair back.
“Hey.” She smiled back shyly ducking her head.
“What’s the matter? Why so shy pet?” Spike wondered. She looked perfectly happy and content but she seemed shy about something.
“Nothing just never woken up with someone before.” Buffy revealed truthfully looking up at Spike to see if he was disgusted with her or not. She saw a sadness fill his eyes but he smiled down at her.
“Glad I could be your first luv.” Spike grinned cheekily earning a slap on the chest from Buffy. She snuggled back into him burying her face in his shoulder. She felt him lightly trailing his fingers over her belly and smiled into his neck.
“You’re starting to get a bump I think.”
“Spike please I so don’t have a bump and you saw it yesterday! You said I wasn’t showing yet!” Buffy laughed but was mildly self conscious.

No way will I be able to hide it once I start showing.

“Yeah well you have one now okay. Just indulge me luv.”
They stayed like that for a few minutes both just basking in the comfort they felt.
“We should get up pet. Its three thirty and my mum will be home soon.” Spike sighed glancing at the clock.
“Yeah I suppose.” Buffy grumbled sitting up and pulling on Spike t shirt to walk to the bathroom in. Spike stared after her.

Wow she looks sexier than ever.

“Buffy…”
Buffy turned to look at him questioningly with a towel and clean set of clothes in her arms.
“I…im going to start cooking dinner okay.” Spike smiled covering up for what he was going to say.
“Okay I’ll meet you down stairs.” Buffy replied kissing him on the lips and walking into the bathroom to freshen up.

Forty minutes later Jenny walked through the front door to the sound of loud laughter in the kitchen. She followed the sound and stopped in the doorway to the kitchen watching the scene in front of her with a smile on her face.
Spike had some sort of red sauce smudged all over his face and from the looks of Buffy’s fingers it seemed she was the one to put it there. She ran around the side of the kitchen ducking a chilli that Spike had thrown after her. She tried to duck under the counter to escape but Spike grabbed her around the middle pulling her back playfully. Buffy immediately stopped struggling and Jenny felt a bubble of happiness fill her when she took in the completely happy look on Buffy’s face.

Glad she’s finally happy…just hope Spike hurries the hell up and tells us it’s his before he ruins everything.

Jenny decide to let her present be known when she saw the obviously passionate embrace the two teenagers were currently in.
“Hello guys.” She smiled brightly walking in. They both pulled apart looking at her guiltily and she wagged a finger at them playfully.
“Hey mum. We made Spicy Chicken wings.” Spike smiled proudly keeping an arm wrapped around Buffy and the protective hand he had covering Buffy’s stomach didn’t go unnoticed by Jenny but she could tell he didn’t notice his instinctive behaviour.
“O goody. Lucky Giles isn’t here, he can’t handle spicy foods.” Jenny laughed. She sat down at the counter with Buffy and Spike sitting opposite her.

Halfway through talking about how Giles wouldn’t be home till late because he had to work late at the office Jenny realised she hadn’t any idea whether Buffy had told anyone else she was pregnant.
“Buffy have you told anyone in school about your…ahem condition.” She asked.
“Um no but I think Willow and Faith know. It sort of slipped out.” Buffy bit her lip thinking about how she really needed to hang with her friends and let them know everything.
“Yeah Angel knows too.” Spike said. Buffy shot him a look but let it go turning back to Jenny.

He told Angel? I wonder if he’s told him he's the father.

“So what are you going to tell people?” Jenny asked curiously.
“Umm I…don’t know.” Buffy attempted to answer but soon trailed off when she realized she didn’t know what to say.
“Everyone will probably say its Spike's you know.” Jenny said fighting to keep her laughter in as she saw Buffy’s shocked and guilty look and Spike gaged on his own tongue.
“What!? Why would they say that?!” Spike gasped wondering if his mother had guessed.

“Well she is living with you and as much as you like to think you two are a secret your not. Everyone knows you’re together and so they’ll probably assume.” Jenny said.
“I’ll tell them I don’t know who the father is. People are more likely to believe that anyway” Buffy laughed bitterly already knowing how the people at school will react.
“Yes but will they really believe that Spike would date someone who’s pregnant by someone else?” Jenny asked her question was met by silence and Buffy and Spike just looked at each other communicating to each other without even saying word. Jenny left the room leaving them with their thoughts.

“Parker comes anywhere near you and just tell me because I swear I will rip him apart.” Spike growled as he and Buffy walked to school. His car had refused to start for some reason so they had to walk.
“I think people would find it a bit strange if you beat up Parker who is one of your buddies just for me.” Buffy laughed rolling her eyes.
“They won’t find it strange once they find out you’re my girlfriend.” Spike shrugged simply.
“WHAT!” Buffy gasped in shock.
“Your gunna tell them?” Buffy asked completely surprised that Spike was willing to go public with their relationship.

Wow never thought this would ever happen.

“Well im not going to post an announcement or anything luv. But I think they’ll get the message when they see me not being able to keep my hands off you.” Spike smirked grabbing her hand as they began to near the school. Buffy just smiled back at him in response enjoying just holding hands with him. She was well aware of the gasp and whispers that followed them into the school building but to be honest she really didn’t care. Buffy immediately spotted Faith and Willow standing close to the entrance obviously waiting for her. They gave her a “we need to talk” look but didn’t approach her obviously not wanting to interrupt.

“Go talk to your mates luv. Looks like their up for a natter.” Spike said turning to her.
“Natter? You really need to start translating more.” Buffy smirked.
“Well you go talk to you girly friends and im going to go meet Angel. Can I meet you for dinner?” Spike asked.
“Well I always have dinner with Faith and Willow.” Buffy said uneasily not wanting to turn him down but not willing to ditch her friends either.
“No problem luv as long as they don’t mind me and Angel sitting at their table.” Spike smiled.

“I think that would be fine.” Buffy smiled accepting the soft kiss he planted on her lips without a second thought not realising that everyone in the hallway had stopped in their tracks, shocked at the couple. Spike pulled away and started to walk away to find Angel and Buffy sighed before turning to find her friends. She walked up to them slowly seeing the sly grin plastered on Faiths face and the worried look on Willows.

“Hey B.” Faith greeted.
“Hey guys.” Buffy said weakly looking at Willow not being able to look faith in the eye.
“Well B seems like you’ve been busy and I think you can skip this one lesson right?” Faith laughed linking her arm through Buffy’s and dragging her outside to a bench with Willow following eagerly. They sat down Willow and Faith opposite Buffy which immediately made her think she was in front of a jury or something.
“So…” Willow started looking at Buffy eagerly.
“So what?” Buffy asked deciding to play dumb to buy herself a few second to be more prepared for the onslaught of questions she was bound to receive.

“So what? Are you joking B. Not only are you obviously doing a lot more than just getting groiny with Spike but we did hear your little revelation yesterday you know.” Faith grinned Buffy sighed and looked down.
“I don’t know where to start.” Buffy sighed.
“Start from the beginning.” Willow encouraged.
“..Okay….well about 3 and half months ago me and Spike kind of um…got groiny.” Buffy said rolling her eyes using Faith’s words.

“And anyway…we kind of got closer and eventually I told him about my dad and he came to the house one day and found me…which you already know but um…the tiny little detail I kinda left out was…im pregnant.” Buffy sighed looking up and seeing the concerned look in both her friends’ eyes.
“You sure?” Faith asked having had her fair share of scares and finding out it was nothing.

“Yeah im sure I had my first scan two on Saturday actually.” Buffy said pulling out the picture form her purse and showing her friends. Faith took in and looked down with an unreadable expression on her face while Willow had a mix of worry and happiness both plain to see on her face.
“How far along are you?” Faith asked.
“3 and a half months.” Buffy said biting her lip and looking up to see Willow and Faith staring back at her in shock.

“You mean…this baby…it’s…”

“Spikes….yeah it is.” Buffy nodded.
“Oh wow.” Willow exclaimed while Faith muttered something and fiddled for her fags.
“So you and him are dating now?” Willow asked.
“Well I don’t know if dating is the word really. We’re a couple…its just dating seems too…I don’t know…inadequate.” Buffy attempted to explain herself.
“So you’re going to raise the baby together?” Faith asked.
“Yeah I mean. He says so and his mom knows im pregnant and she’s been behind me the entire way. She knows me and him are together too and she seems fine with it.” Buffy replied smiling slightly for once feeling like she had a family.
Willow nodded smiling at her friend and Faith stared at her a moment longer before smiling brightly.
“Guess you got your prince Buff.” Faith laughed happy for her friend.

“Yeah…yeah I guess so.” Buffy smiled before spending the next 2 lessons talking and catching up with her friends.


By dinner time the whole school had heard about Buffy and Spike’s kiss at the start of school and no matter which social group you were in the only thing being discussed were the new couple. Rumours were flying around like wildfire and everyone was just eager to find out more yet whenever Buffy or Spike walked past them everyone descended into silence, none daring to ask outright.
“I heard he’s been seeing her for months!” Jonathan whispered to his friend Andrew.
“Yeah well I heard he’s been dating her for years.” Andrew whispered back as they watched Buffy and Willow walk past them to the lunch room, neither of them even noticing Cordelia and Harmony who were discussing the same thing.

“I can not believe that my Blondie bear would kiss that tramp. You wait and see at lunch he will so be all over me.” Harmony chattered away mortified by the rumours of Spike and Buffy dating when she had been trying to spread for weeks that he was interested in her.
“I don’t know Harm I mean a lot of people have been saying it and they have been pretty close recently.” Cordelia pondered realising just how protective Spike had been and how he hadn’t shown to any of their recent parties.

Wow he actually might.

Cordelia couldn’t understand why he would go out with someone so beneath him, it was so shocking. She just shrugged before walking into the lunch room and sitting at their usual table. Harmony sat on the edge of her seat eager to prove that Spike would come and sit by her.
When Spike walked in Harmony almost fell off her seat she was so nervous. Cordelia saw Spike cast a look at their table before making his way over to the table where Buffy, Willow and Faith sat. Cordelia thought her jaw couldn’t drop more but when she saw Angel walk over to them too she almost fainted.

Hes meant to follow me!



“Hey luv.” Spike greeted kissing Buffy on the cheek and plopping himself in the empty chair next to hers.
“Hey.” Buffy greeted smiling happily at him and looking at her friends who were both beaming back at her.

Damn that’s the first time i've ever seen B smile like that. If he can do that he’s okay in my book.

Faith smiled at the blonde and leant across the table.
“Hey im Faith.” She greeted nodding at him and then Angel, noticing as Angel stared at her a tad longer than he should before quickly turning to look at Willow.
“And im Willow. Welcome to the outcast table.” Willow waved and smiled when Angel and Spike chuckled.
“Hello right back…so what’s for lunch then?” Spike asked craning his neck to look up at the counter.

If the people at the table knew what effect they were having on the rest of the school then they didn’t show it. They all sat there laughing and talking clearly getting along not even noticing that the rest of the room was much quieter than usual the only sound was the low buzz of people whispering to each other. Harmony glared at the table disbelievingly.
“Can you believe the nerve of those sluts? Look at Slutty Summers. She’s all over him. What a tramp!” Harmony bitched looking at the rest of the poplars for support. Most of the girls all nodded their head in agreement none of them really wanting to argue with Harmony. The guys however who had never been into the bitchyness of their table all watched with interest as their friends seemed to have a way better time than they did at their table.
“Yo…Check out Spike. He aint ever been like that with a girl before.” Graham whispered nudging Gunn the captain of the basketball team.
“Yeah he looks smitten alright can you blame him though. That Summers is mighty fine.” Gunn said good naturedly smiling as he watched Spike wrap his arm around the girls chair.

Good for them

Gunn went back to munching on his chips already decided on welcoming Spike’s new girl.

“That’s it!” Harmony screeched throwing down her napkin and striding over to the table with Cordelia and Darla on her heel. Everyone watched with baited breathe as they waited for Harmony to finally let her presence known to the table. Spike and Buffy looked up at her wondering what he was doing there. Faith and Willow glanced at her and then their friend worried that Harmony would start something while Angel shook his head not believing the stupidity of Harmony.
“Blondie bear? What are you doing at this table?” Harmony whined.

Spike heard sniggers go around the room and knew that everybody was listening in.
“What’s it look like Harm…im eating lunch.” Spike replied rolling his eyes.
“Spike these are all rejects!” Harmony reasoned tugging on his leather duster as if he would move.
Spike rolled his eyes and glanced at Buffy exasperated.
“What he means is go away Harm.” Buffy explained to the dumb blonde feeling a lot of satisfaction when she saw Harmony’s face fill with rage.
“Who are you to tell me anything you bitch!” Harmony full out screeched this time causing more than a few people to wince.

“Oh bloody hell Harm get over it! I was never interested in you and I never will be! Your so damn desperate go try find someone who actually can stand to be near you and just to let you know I hear you say one more bad thing about my girl and I swear to god I’ll tell everyone what you did on my birthday.” Spike warned knowing that blackmail would work and ignoring the sudden sound of everyone talking excitedly at the fact he had actually called Buffy his girl. Harmony seemed focused on that part too and gulped dumbly.

“She’s your girlfriend?” harmony asked shocked.
“Yes she is now bugger off.” Spike sighed sitting back down and starting to eat again. Harmony ran off with Cordelia and Darla yet again chasing after her. Spike closed his eyes and shook his head feeling frustrated.
“Wow Spike way to announce you and Buffy’s relationship status in front of everyone. Guess no ones gunna be wondering now huh?” Faith laughed knowing that the interest would only increase in the couple.
Spike give her a weak smile and turned to Buffy apologising for telling everyone they were together like that, she didn’t seem to mind though and she give him a sweet but long kiss before grinning and going back to her food.