The next morning Buffy woke up with a strange feeling in her belly. She looked down at Spike who was laying next to her with his arms wrapped around her waist protectively and then around her room.

I feel whole.

Buffy smiled at the feeling for once feeling completely content with her life.

He loves me.

The thought alone made Buffy brim with happiness and she was so reluctant to pull away from him but she really needed to pee. She threw on he robe and tip toed to the bathroom. She walked back into her room to see Spike sitting on her bed wide awake with a sheet around him.
“There you are!” Spike smiled happily kissing her on the cheek when she got near him.
“Hey. I had to use the bathroom.” She explained.
“Oh right.” Spike nodded putting a hand to her stomach.
“How’s the lil bit doing?” Spike asked.
“Fine as far as I can tell. Listen I really need a shower and I think we should make an appearance it is almost noon.” Buffy laughed before dashing to the shower with Spike muttering something about her using all the hot water.

Buffy walked down stairs and saw Jenny sitting in the kitchen reading the paper.
“Morning.” Buffy smiled.
“Afternoon.” Jenny replied with a raised eyebrow and watching with amusement as the girl in front of her turned bright red.

“Umm….weren’t you supposed to be at the shelter today?” Buffy asked changing the subject.
“Yes I’ve been and come back. How are you? No morning sickness?” She asked interestedly folding her paper.
“Nope im good.” Buffy nodded smiling at the woman’s concern for her.
“Well good as long as my grandchild’s happy so am I.” Jenny laughed rubbing a hand over Buffy’s stomach.
Buffy nodded mutely getting used to the fact that Jenny now knew the child was Spike’s.
“So about that whole me being a grandparent thing…” Jenny began hiding her smile as she saw the colour drain from Buffy’s face.
“I want to let you know. Spike isn’t the only one who im going to be threatening. You hurt my boy and believe me you’ll regret it.” Jenny waggled a finger at her.
“Of course I would never hurt Spike.” Buffy assured her.
“Glad to hear it…now about our next shopping trip…”



“Spike stop playing with that.” Buffy warned as he fiddled with a metal contraption that honestly looked like a torture device to Buffy.
“Sorry luv…im excited.” Spike laughed nervously sitting next to her and holding her hand.
“Yeah me too.” Buffy smiled as they sat in the doctor’s office. They were going to find out the sex of the baby and both were a bag of nerves.
“Cant believe they gave us our appointment on a Wednesday.” Spike mumbled.
“Spike please just because you miss one English class. It isn’t the end of the world. Anyway we’ll be back by lunch.” She teased before falling silent when she saw the doctor walk in.
“Hello you two. How are things going?” She asked kindly taking a seat at the bottom of Buffy’s bed.
“Great. Absolutely great.” Buffy nodded happily.
“No morning sickness? No pains?” the doctor asked as she set up the machine again.
“Nope nada.” Buffy shook her head already craning to see the screen.

The doctor chuckled turning back to the screen as she ran the scanner of Buffy’s stomach.
“Well everything looks healthy. It’s the right size it should be. Can you see it?” The doctor asked even thought it was pretty obvious.
“Yeah we see it.” Spike answered grinning from ear to ear.
“Do you want to know the sex of the baby?” the doctor asked.
Spike glanced down at Buffy and nodded at her as if she had just said something; he looked back at the doctor and nodded.
“Yep.”

“Okay well let’s see.” The doctor looked back at the screen and moved the scanner around a little more and Spike and Buffy were sure they were going to scream if the silence went on any longer.

“It’s a girl.” The doctor smiled at them seeing the huge smiles on the young couples faces.
“Well im going to leave now so you can clean yourself up okay. Ill wait outside.” The doctor left the room leaving the couple have some alone time.
“Wow. It’s a girl.” Spike smiled at the thought of min Buffy running around.
“It makes it more real doesn’t it?” Buffy said gulping audibly.
“Yeah it does…scared?” Spike asked Buffy as he watched her change out of the hospital gown and back into her clothes.

“Terrified.” She answered honestly.
“There’s no need to be luv.” Spike reassured her hugging her and taking her hand to lead her out of the room.

“Spike when are we going to tell people in school?” Buffy asked as they drove to school after the appointment.
“I don’t know pet. Whenever you want.” He replied kissing her hand.

“Well how are we going to tell them?” Buffy asked completely at a loss.

“Well how about we stand on the roof and shout out your pregnant while I pull your jumper up so everyone sees your bump.” He joked.
“It’s not funny Spike.” Buffy said but laughed in spite of herself.
“Well how about I mention it to a few of the guys…it will have spread to even the nerds by the time lunch is over. You can say something to Faith loudly…then a few girls will overhear you too.” Spike suggested.

Its not like we can make an announcement, the only way this is going to come out is as gossip.

“Okay.” Buffy nodded leaning back in her seat gazing out of the window.

Buffy and Spike got back to school by 3rd lesson which luckily for Spike was gym.

Perfect.

“I’ll see you at lunch okay pet. Don’t listen to anyone if any rumours reach you okay luv.” Spike said kissing her forehead before moving off to class.
Buffy went to the girl’s locker room finding Willow and Faith stretching in one of the corners.
“Hey B how’d it go?” Faith asked loudly making a few people turn to look at her.
“Say that any louder Faith?” Buffy snorted.
“I thought you were trying to tell everyone you’ve been saying for weeks you’re sick of covering up.” Faith laughed.
“Yep…it will be out by next lesson anyway.” Buffy shrugged glancing around.
“So do you know what it’s going to be?” Willow asked excitedly.

“Girl.” Buffy grinned squealing right along with Willow when she jumped up, earning a lot of stares now. Faith smiled and hugged her friend too.
“Congrats B your very own sprog to mess up.” Faith teased.
Buffy laughed sitting down on the bench not noticing Harmony Kendal stride up to her.
“What are you three retards squealing about you’re giving me a headache.” Harmony snapped nastily.
“Yeah well your voice gives everyone a head ache…watcha gonna do innit?” Faith shrugged as Buffy and Willow sniggered. Harmony shot a nasty glare at Faith before pinning Buffy with a poisonous look.

“I bet you think you’ve won now don’t you?” Harmony sniped.
“I haven’t won anything. You just can’t get over yourself and the fact that Spike’s with me now.” Buffy smiled smugly loving wiping the smirk off of Harmony’s face. All the girls had now crowded around the two girls. All hoping to see Harmony get the crapped kicked out of her probably.
“He won’t stay with you. He’ll soon come to his senses and dump your skanky ass.” Harmony growled earning a small laugh from Buffy.

“Okay one he will stay because he loves me and second me…skanky? Have you seen you?” Buffy asked completely baffled by the girl’s stupidity.
“Yeah sure he loves you! Look at you; you don’t even wear tidy clothes. All baggy jumpers you look like a tramp.” Harmony laughed thinking she was seriously insulting Buffy.
“You’re a pathetic whore and Spike would never pick you over me.” Harmony said crossing her arms over her chest.
“Jesus Harm you need to get a clue! Spike said in front of everyone at lunch that he can’t stand you!” Buffy laughed mockingly watching as Harmony’s cheeks tinged pink and a furious spark lit her eyes.

Before Buffy even had time to react Harmony slapped her across the face and pushed her backwards. Normally Buffy wouldn’t even have faltered but she was caught off guard and fell backwards over the bench landing on her butt.

Willow immediately ran to her friend to make sure she was okay. While Faith rounded on Harmony.
“You fucking evil bitch! Hitting a pregnant girl you stupid idiot!” Faith shouted ignoring the gasp of the crowd and punching Harmony full out in the nose. She spun around not even worrying about what Harmony would do and knelt down next her friend.
“You okay B?” Faith asked concerned as Buffy sat up rubbing her ass.
“Yeah im good…I think the secrets well and truly out.” Buffy laughed looking up at well over the dozen curious faces that surrounded her.

Buffy was walking to 5th lesson dragging her feet and rubbing her head as she heard yet another group of people discussing her.

Jesus Christ is it all they can think to talk about!

“Buffy!”
Buffy looked up and her face brightened when she saw Spike running towards her.
“Hey.” Buffy greeted as Spike panted for air in front of her. She saw everyone around her staring at them but she was beyond caring now.
“I…heard….harmony….you.” Spike huffed holding his side.

“Ahh I think your the last to hear it then.” Buffy smiled dryly.
“Jesus pet are you okay?” Spike asked running his hands all over her face, arms and belly.
“Spike im fine I just stumbled over a bench.” She reassured him as everyone watched him fuss over her.
“No it’s not all right you could have los…it could have hurt the baby.” He said his eyes flashing dangerously and his voice going growly.
“Spike im fine. I know what could have happened but Harmony’s a bitch and im pretty sure she’s got a broken nose.” Buffy smiled.
“That’s the least she deserves.” Spike said darkly slumping when he realised he was late for class.

I don’t want to leave her.

“If anyone goes near you. Tell me.” Spike warned kissing her before moving off yet again not letting her out of his sight until he absolutely had too.

Lunch soon rolled around and Buffy was close to ripping her hair out.

If people are so damn curious why don’t they just fucking ask?

Buffy finally made it to the lunch room and slumped into a seat tiredly waiting for everyone else to arrive. She saw Parker standing not to far away and he was staring at her darkly. It looked as if he was about to come over but then Buffy noticed Angel walking towards her and smiled at him.
“Hey Angel.” She greeted as he sat down opposite her.
“Hey Buffy…how you holding up.” He asked knowing that the rumour mill was starting afresh again.
“I'm just dandy.” Buffy joked actually raising a smile from a usually stony faced Angel. Buffy looked up again and saw Spike, Faith and Gunn walk in. Spike immediately shot over to her and sat next to her.

“Hey pet you okay?” Spike asked.
“Will people stop asking me that?” Buffy snapped finally letting the stress get to her. Spike flinched back with a wounded look on his face. Buffy sighed and rubbed her eyes tiredly.
“I'm sorry Spike. I didn’t mean to snap at you. I'm tired my feet are aching and im boiling hot. Everything’s just getting to me.” Buffy sighed apologising to Spike.
“Ahh the wonders of being pregnant.” Faith smirked but immediately shut up at the chilling look Buffy shot her.

Okay tip one don’t piss off the pregnant girl.

“Why don’t you take your jumper off then pet? If you’re uncomfortable.” Spike suggested.
“Spike I’ve got a tank top on under this. Everyone will see my bump then.” Buffy sighed sipping on the coke Angel had just bought her.
“So everyone knows your pregnant luv. Their gunna expect you to be big.” He teased.

Buffy glanced around the table seeing Faith munching on her sandwich and Willow and Oz talking quietly to each other. Angel was back up at the counter buying food.
Buffy shrugged and pulled her jumper over her head throwing it over the back of her chair. Spike grinned down at her kissing her affectionately and rubbing her stomach lightly before getting up to buy his and her food.
No one noticed her stomach all through lunch and Buffy almost forgot all about the gossip that was circulating again.
“Im thirsty” Buffy whined nudging Spike giving him her pity eyes.

“No way get it yourself. If you’re like this now I hate to see you further along.” Spike teased. He saw her about to pout and immediately clapped a hand over his eyes.
The entire table laughed at the couple’s antics as Buffy practically climbed onto Spike trying to pry his hands off his face and jutting her lip out even more. She eventually gave in and stood up to go get her drink. She didn’t notice everyone go silent when she stood up and walked across the canteen. She didn’t notice until she sat back down and saw everyone at the table except for Spike staring at her.

“What?” Buffy asked glancing around and noticing everyone in the canteen all looking at her in shock and chattering to each other without even averting their eyes.
“When the hell did that happen?” Faith asked pointing at her friend’s stomach.
“Um 5 months ago…” Buffy said confused.
“B five minutes ago…you were tiny. You look like you got a watermelon under there!” Faith laughed amused by the outraged look on her friends face.
“I'm not that big.” Buffy grumbled defensively running a hand over her stomach.
“Don’t worry luv you still look beautiful.” Spike smiled at her kissing her temple.
“Oh gee thanks.” Buffy said sarcastically.