“Spike…”
Spike turned around to look at Buffy as she lay next to him later that night.
“What luv? You need a drink? Something to eat? Are you cold...?” Spike asked worriedly.
“Spike im fine it’s just is your aunt really as bad as you said earlier?” Buffy asked really not looking forward to meeting this woman.

“Sadly yes and I want you to know what ever she says to you is a load of bollocks pet. She’s a bitch and lives in the 18th century.” Spike reassured her knowing exactly what both he and her would be in for.
“She’s going to hate me isn’t she?” Buffy asked sadly.

“Buffy sweetheart she hates me because my parents weren’t married when they had me. She will probably hate us both with a fiery passion but just ignore her okay.” Spike smiled at her reassuringly kissing her carefully on the lips and he smiled when he felt Buffy’s mouth open for him happy that he had made Buffy forget about his aunt for now.



Three days later and Buffy and Spike were officially celebrating that school was over for Christmas. Buffy had wrapped all her gifts and was happy to just relax and enjoy the holidays for once.
“Buffy!”

“What’s up Jenny?” Buffy asked skidding into the kitchen and seeing Spike sitting there fiddling with his thumbs and his mom standing opposite him.
“Marge will be here in a few minutes and I thought we may as well get the whole greeting thing over with.” Jenny said giving Buffy a sympathetic look.
“Oh joy.” She grimaced taking a seat next to Spike and smiling when he grabbed her hand.

Hey you have a little something on your face.” Buffy said frowning rubbing at a pink smudge on his cheek. Spikes eyes widened and Buffy saw the panicked look on his face before he stood and ran to the sink to scrub at his face.

What the hell?

“He just had some cake…he's a messy eater.” Jenny explained smiling at her a little too brightly.
Before Buffy could say anything however they all heard the front door open and Giles calling from the hall.
“Here goes.” Buffy heard Jenny whisper under her breath as they all made their way into the hall.
Buffy stopped dead just at the entrance to the living room and stared at the woman with amusement.

How can they be so afraid of her!

The little lady standing in front of her didn’t even reach 5 feet and she had curly wisps of grey hair sticking out at odd angles from her head. She was wearing a big thick fur coat which was ridiculous for California weather even in winter and Buffy could see bright purple boots sticking out from underneath the floor length coat.

She looks harmless.

But Buffy soon changed her mind when the woman spoke.
“My god Jenny you’ve gotten old.” The woman said curtly in a cold and high voice that made Buffy shiver inside.
“Umm…yes I suppose I have aged a little bit. You look wonderful Madge.” Jenny greeted gritting her teeth and leaning in to air kiss the woman. It was then that the woman cast her beady eyes at Buffy and flickered over her in distaste. Buffy couldn’t believe she had missed the emptiness in the woman’s eyes when she had first seen her.

“And you are?” She asked her disgust evident in her voice.
Buffy’s mouth opened but she couldn’t say anything and she felt relief flood her when Spike stepped up behind her placing a soothing hand on her back.
“This is Buffy, my girlfriend.” Spike said nodding at his auntie and smiling sweetly at her while inside he felt like choking her.
“Oh.” The woman replied scrunching up her nose and staring at Buffy’s stomach with obvious revulsion making Buffy feel 2 feet tall.

“Nice too meet you.” Buffy spoke softly.
“I wish I could say the same too you.” Madge smiled coldly.
“Sorry Madge but me and Buffy were about to go change we aren’t going to be here tonight but we can catch up tomorrow okay?” Spike smiled before gently leading Buffy upstairs and away from the evil glare of his father’s sister.

“Wow she’s... different.” Buffy muttered when they walked into her room which Spike had pretty much moved into.
“Don’t be kind about her luv. I felt like throttling her at the looks she was giving us.” Spike seethed clicking his neck and pacing the room angrily.

“Spike calm down it isn’t so bad.” Buffy shrugged.
“Are you kidding we have her for 6 days Buffy! She isn’t leaving till Boxing day!” Spike huffed.

“Are we really going out tonight?” Buffy asked looking at him interestedly. Since she had gotten pregnant she hadn’t gone to the bronze and she was itching to finally do something.
“Well I was thinking we’ve been together now for like 6 months and we’re having a baby but we haven’t even been on a real date so I was thinking a real early dinner a movie and then Bronze?” Spike suggested.

“Yey!” Buffy squealed throwing herself at Spike happily.
“Right well then luv get changed and we can go.” Spike smiled kissing her and moving off to his wardrobe to try to find something to wear.


Half hour later he stood at the front door waiting for Buffy impatiently, but she was well worth the wait when she finally made an appearance. It wasn’t that she was dressed in anything fancy after all they weren’t going anywhere special. She was wearing a simple pair of jeans and a white top that came to mid thigh all set of with a shiny gold necklace but she still took Spike’s breath away. He couldn’t believe how gorgeous she was.

“Effulgent.” He breathed as she finally reached him at the door.
“Huh?” Buffy asked frowning slightly.
“Nothing luv, you look beautiful.” He smiled at her taking her hand and kissing it gently thinking she looked even prettier when he made that sparkle light in her eyes.

“Hmmm this may be the best thing I’ve ever had in my mouth.” Buffy groaned when Spike spoon-fed her a piece of his chocolate cake.
“Well I feel insulted.” Spike grinned waggling his eyebrows at her.

“Arghh your twisted!” Buffy laughed poking her tongue out at him.

“And you’re cute.” He smirked wiping a smudge of chocolate off her lip and swiping it off his finger.
“So what movie are we going to see?” Buffy asked as they left the restaurant and walked over to the movie theatre that was just across the street.
“Whatever you feel like luv I doubt we’ll watch much of it anyway.” Spike smiled at her buying the tickets to some girly film with no hesitation. Anything to keep his girl happy. True to his word neither watched much of the movie both to wrapped up in their heated make out session to really pay much attention and with much regret they pulled apart as the lights came back up.

“You still wanna go to the bronze.” Spike panted resting his hot forehead against hers.
“Yeah…I haven’t been there for so long. Do you mind?” Buffy asked apologetically.

“Not at all pet. A few of the guys said they will be there anyway and I told them we’d be there. If we didn’t turn up they’d think we’re out making like bunnies so we should make an appearance.” He sighed taking her hand and leading her out onto the street.

Buffy saw him adjust himself quickly obviously not wanting to make it obvious that he had a hard on. She bit her lip and glanced around guiltily.
“Spike if you really want to go home im fine with it. I mean its obvious you don’t want to go to the bronze and I can help with…that.” Buffy said looking down at the bulge in his jeans.
Spike studied her face and saw what looked like guilt in her eyes.
“Buffy im taking you to The Bronze. I'm looking forward to it love really I am.” Spike smiled at her.
“Well okay but if you want I mean…I can do something…that’s not very comfortable…” Buffy babbled on not noticing Spike frowning at her.

Wow here dad and his buddies really did a number on her didn’t they? She feels guilty for not doing anything about me having a bloody erection! Assholes.

“Buffy pet. Listen to me.” Spike said firmly taking hold of her chin and lifting it to look in his eyes stopping her from rambling on anymore.
“You don’t have to do anything luv. I’ll be fine in a little bit okay; don’t ever feel like you need to put what I want above what you want okay?” Spike said kissing her softly and smiling when he saw her whole face light up.
“Come on The Bronze isn’t too far.” He smiled starting to walk again.


As soon as they stepped through the doors of The Bronze they both felt every single person in the clubs eyes settle on them. Most of the crowd were Sunnydale High students so it wasn’t as if they didn’t think this would happen but still even the barman stopped to look. Buffy just laughed it off really not giving a damn what people thought. She felt a tug on her arm and followed Spike as he led her over to the table where Angel, Oz and Willow were seated.

“Hey Buffy hey Spike!” Willow beamed jumping up to hug her friend trying to avoid her bump.
“Hey guys.” Buffy greeted already feeling excited just from being in the building. She sat down next to Willow opposite both Oz and Angel while Spike dragged a chair from a different table and sat next to Buffy.
“So where you guys been?” Willow asked eagerly.
“Food and Movies.” Spike replied not even looking at Willow but at something on the dance floor.
“Honey? What’s the matter?” Buffy asked noticing that Spike seemed off in another world and real tense.
“Hmm oh nothing at all sweetheart. You want a drink?” He asked.

“Yep Cola please.”
Spike disappeared into the crowd to get their drinks and Buffy turned to the rest of the table with a goofy smile on her face.

“Well you look happy.” Angel noted with backup from Oz who nodded slowly.
“Its cause I am!” Buffy grinned again fiddling with the ashtray in the middle of the table.
“I thought Spikes Aunt Marge was staying with you for the holidays?” Angel asked knowing how much of a bitch the woman was himself.

“Oh yeah….I forgot.” Buffy’s smile dimmed at the thought of going back home and facing a woman who obviously disapproved of her.
“No! Come on bring back perky Buffy!” Willow teased elbowing her friend and glad when she earned a smile off of her best friend.