The day went by in a haze for Buffy. Other Christmas’s had been bleak and cold. Lonely.

But now Buffy couldn’t image a Christmas without the people surrounding her. The entire house was filled with an excited buzz. You could feel the love and happiness radiating off everyone and Buffy couldn’t take the smile off her face if she tried. The turkey dinner Jenny had made was so delicious that everyone had almost three plates full and by the end of the night Buffy was collapsed on the settee her stomach feeling even more bloated than normal with Spike behind her, his arms wrapped tightly around her and Jenny and Giles on the opposite couch all of them watching A Christmas Carol, simply basking in the warmth and comfort.

Buffy felt a sudden pull in her stomach and glanced down frowning at her bump as she felt it again. She looked up at Spike and he looked down questioningly.

“What’s the matter pet?” he whispered.
“I think the baby is kicking.” Buffy responded a look of awe on her face as she felt another kick.
“You’re joking!” Spike yelled excitedly placing a hand on Buffy’s belly excitedly.

“What’s the matter?” Giles asked curiously as his son jumped up suddenly placing a hand on Buffy’s stomach.
“The babies kicking!” Spike answered casting an excited look at his parents before putting his full concentration on the movements he could feel under his palm. Jenny and Giles were over in a flash also placing eager hands on her belly.
They all grinned and squealed as the baby continued to kick and move for the next 10 minutes.
Buffy just smiled up at the three excited faces realising just how much she loved her new family.



“HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Buffy stared at Faith weirdly raising an eyebrow at the shiny silver hat that was stuck to her head and the huge grin plastered on her face.
“You do know there’s still 4 hours before its officially new year’s day right?” Buffy asked teasingly glancing at her watch and seeing it was only 7:45.
“Yeah im just excited!” Faith smiled.

“Why? You hate new years,” Buffy laughed shaking her head and finally taking a seat and glancing around the absolutely jammed packed Bronze searching for Spike who had gone to get them drinks.
Christmas with Spikes family had been amazing but Spike had insisted they spend at least on celebration without his parents so here they were at the Bronze ready to celebrate a new year with their friends.

“Well things are looking up B! I mean Willow finally bagged a dream guy.” Faith said indicated the two red heads that were currently oblivious to anyone around them.
“You finally got like the perfect life and you got a little baby all of your own arriving in a short while and well…ive kind got something.” Faith finished smiling at Angel who sat next to her.

Ever since Spike and Buffy had hooked up it seemed that all the little groups and gangs that had hated each other a few weeks ago had sort of dissolved and even the jocks weren’t being as prickish as usual. Cordelia Chase had even started dating Owen Gleason who wasn’t even on any sort of school team! Angel had also seemed to be warming to the brunette next to him although they hadn’t done anything yet they had talked on the phone and even gone to the movies. Faith was definitely better for it.

She hadn’t even slept or got drunk with anyone in a month which was a definite plus.
“Here you go luv.” Spike smiled handing her an orange juice and jumped up on the stool next to her.
“Hey Spike.” Angel greeted throwing a toothpick at his friend who glared at him.

“Thanks for the welcome mate.” Spike said sarcastically before busying himself with playing with Buffy’s hair.
Angel rolled his eyes as he saw Spike get distracted once again by Buffy and turned to the now fully focused red heads next to him.

“Hey! Great! you guys came up for air!” Angel laughed as Willow blushed and Oz looked away.
“Buff how many damn times are you gunna go to the toilet! You might miss the countdown.” Faith admonished glancing at the time nervously as they finally announced there was only three minutes to go.
“I'm pregnant and babies tend to kick you in the bladder! Love to see how you cope with it!” Buffy grumbled but softened when Spike placed a loving kiss on her cheek.
“10!”
“9!”

“Love you pet.” Spike whispered in her ear as everyone around erupted in the countdown.

“5!”
“4!”

“Love you too Spike.” Buffy replied smiling at him.

“3! 2! 1!” Happy New Years!!!” A cheer erupted around the club so deafening the walls almost shook. Buffy and Spike however paid no attention both too wrapped up kissing each other to even notice when showers of balloons and streamer landed on their heads.

“Mr Giles!” Miss Stevenson shouted form the front of the class. Spike opened his eyes quickly and rubbed his eyes trying to look alert.
“Sorry Miss.” Spike replied trying to cover a yawn.
“Please do not fall asleep in my class again.” She warned frowning at him.

“Man! You’re an idiot! How can you fall asleep in Miss Stevenson’s class?” Angel laughed slapping him on the back as they walked towards the dinner hall together.
“You have no idea Peaches. Its Buffy she’s nuts.” Spike whispered hoarsely his eyes staring at Buffy who was sitting happily with her friends laughing at something.
“Why what’s she done?” Angel asked giving Buffy the look over as if he would see the madness or something.
“4 o’clock this morning Angel! She had me drive all the way to the convenience store because there were no pickles in the house.” Spike sighed tiredly rubbing his eyes.
“You serious?” Angel gasped disbelievingly.

“Deadly mate,”
“Man that blows! Price of being a father to be though I guess.” Angel shrugged before picking up his stride and flopping down at their table.
“Hello Buffy.” He greeted giving the blonde a little wave.
“Hey Angel.” She smiled warmly dipping her fries into a blob of tomato sauce on her plate.

“Hey beautiful.” Spike greeted kissing her softly.
“Hey.” She greeted brightly smiling at him.
“How’s your day been?” Buffy asked unaware of the horrified looks of her friends faces as she dipped her fry into a can of soda she had bought and munched happily on it. Spike just cast an amused look at the disgusted faces of their friends.

He had had the entire Christmas holiday to get used to Buffy’s new eating habits and weird urges and he was no longer shocked when she dipped her fires in cola, had pickle and marshmallow sandwiches and he didn’t even flinch when he saw her eating Carrots in chocolate sauce.
“It’s been okay.” Spike lied instinctively not wanting to set Buffy off on one of her hormone driven rages again.
“Man! Okay?! You’re kidding! You just got caught snoozing by Miss Stevenson. You are so screwed! Wait till she tells Principal Snyder!” Angel snorted.

“You fell asleep in class!” Buffy gasped turning shocked eyes to her boyfriend and noting the worried look in his eyes.
“Yeah guess running after you takes a lot out of him.” Angel chuckled not noticing everyone at their table go deathly silent. Buffy turned glaring daggers at a visibly terrified Spike.
“Running after me? You blame me!” Buffy gritted out through clenched teeth.

“Urm…no luv…I mean your pregnant your allowed to um….okay I.” Spike didn’t even get to finish his explanation he had already been slowly backing out of his chair but when he saw the redness creep up her cheeks and the flames fill her eyes he gulped before standing and making a mad dash for the door with Buffy right on his heels.
“Well done doofus!” Faith shook her head rolling her eyes at Angel.

“What!? It’s not my fault! I didn’t know she’d react like that!” Angel said nervously.
“Yeah because since getting pregnant Buffy has been known for her predictable emotions!” Faith said disbelief in her voice at how stupid Angel could really be.