“Buffy! Come on Buffy please talk to me! It’s your birthday tomorrow come on luv. You can’t stay that mad at me!” Spike pleaded through her tightly locked bedroom door. He sighed loudly and stopped banging simply resting his forehead on her door.
“Still no luck huh?” Jenny asked smiling at her son who was staring at the door like a disowned puppy.
“What should I do?” Spike asked.
“Gunna have to work that out yourself.” Jenny smiled before walking downstairs.

Damn it! I hate peaches!

Spike made his way to his room and glanced around. It didn’t even look lived in anymore.

Screw it I’ll make her birthday one she won’t forget even if she won’t bloody speak to me.

Spike picked up his guitar and flopped down on his bed a frown marring his face.


Buffy woke up slowly. Very slowly. Last night had been horrible trying to sleep alone. She was so used to having Spike besides her that she felt lonely and she hadn’t been able to drift off till the early hours’ trying to decide whether or not to just give in and go get Spike.

Its not as if he did anything wrong your the bitch monster with a definite personality disorder.

Buffy’s eyes were closed but she frowned slightly when she heard softly played music drifting towards her, rousing her further from her sleep.

Did I leave the CD player on or something?

Buffy opened her eyes slowly and sat up in bed. She let out a little shocked noise and stared at the end of her bed meeting the soft blue eyes of Spike. He sat on the end of her bed his fingers gently playing over the strings of his guitar. When he saw her fully wake up and paying rapt attention to him he gave her a little unsure smile before changing the tune of what he was playing completely and singing softly to her.


I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you


Spike kept his eyes trained on her right the way through the song and he stared at her nervously as he played the last note out on his guitar.

“Happy Birthday luv.” He smiled at her softly.
Buffy sat there speechless. Spike began to fidget a little as her silence just went on and on.
“Look if you didn’t like it im-”
“Are you kidding? That is the most….sweetest thing. I’ve never…” Buffy trailed off again losing the words to explain her eyes started to water and she jumped at him pulling him into a tight hug before she could start to cry.

“Thank you Spike.” Buffy smiled into his neck.
“No problem luv. I meant every word too.” Spike grinned at her pulling back to kiss her softly.
“Listen we’re taking the day off school today okay? I’ve got a whole day planned.” Spike grinned before standing up.
“I’ll be downstairs okay luv. Mum and dad want to give you their cards and present before they have to go to work.” Spike told her before leaving the room.

Buffy practically skipped downstairs happily and jumped when she reached the kitchen.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

Buffy stared at Jenny and Giles who were grinning there like idiots with streamers wrapped around them.
Buffy’s mouth watered when she smelt all the food that was laid out on the counter.
There were plates filled with bacon, eggs of every kind, pancakes, waffles, toast and sausages.
“It’s a happy birthday breakfast so come and eat before it gets cold.

Somehow between the four of them there was not even a slither of food left and they all sat back with contented smiles on their faces.
“That was delicious thank you.” Buffy smiled.
“Of course we had to do and here is our present.” Jenny smiled again handing Buffy a brightly wrapped box. Buffy smiled up at them and opened the box gasping in delight at the cell phone nestled inside the box.

“We figured all teenagers should have one and especially you. Just in case you go into labour and no ones there.” Jenny smiled at the girl as she excitedly pulled the phone out and began to fiddle around with it.
“Right well we have to go now.” Jenny smiled.
“Happy birthday dear.” Giles hugged her tightly before picking up his suitcase and heading for the car.

“Yes Buffy enjoy yourself.” Jenny grinned following Rupert leaving Buffy and Spike in the kitchen.
“So pet you ready to go?” Spike asked.
“Go where?” Buffy asked.
“I got an entire day planned out and before you ask it’s a surprise.” Spike laughed as he saw Buffy abruptly shut her mouth and follow him out to his car.

“You’re taking me shopping?” Buffy asked in delight.
“Yep you have two hours and anything you desire is yours pet.” Spike laughed practically running to keep up with Buffy as she disappeared into a nearby clothes shop.

This is gunna be a long day.



“Spike thanks so much this was amazing!” Buffy smiled at her boyfriend as he carried well over a dozen bags to the car.
“No problem luv, come on.” He smiled holding out his hand for her after throwing her bags into the back.
“Where are we going?” Buffy asked perplexed as Spike led her back down the street they had just come from.
“Well luv I happen to be in need of a hair cut and a re-bleach and I figured you girly types like a little pampering so I booked you in for a manicure pedicure and a hair appointment…not that your hair is bad or anything I just thought you’d like to be fussed over.” Spike shrugged.
“Oh my god you are the greatest boyfriend ever!” Buffy giggled launching herself at Spike kissing him till they were both breathless.


“Oh my darling you look radiant!” Lorne clapped excitedly as Buffy walked through the door to his salon with Spike trailing behind. Buffy blushed and ducked her head shyly.
“Ooo and who’s the sugar daddy on your arm.” He smiled holding his hand out for Spike to shake.
“This is Spike and im Buffy.” She replied, instantly taking a liking to this guy.
“When’s this little bundle of joy arriving?” Lorne asked kindly, laying a hand on Buffy’s belly.

“March 14th,”
“Oh my not to long then! Right sugar plum take a seat right here. We’re not very busy today so only me and one assistant are working but no problem I shall make you both dazzle by the time you walk out that door.”
Spike took a seat in the chair next to Buffy and flipped through a magazine while Buffy and the hairdresser discussed things he had no clue about.

“And what about you sweetness?” Lorne’s question caught Spike off guard and he looked up at him blankly.
“What do you want done to your hair?” Lorne asked.
“Oh um same as it is now really just shorter and I need the roots dyed.” Spike shrugged.

“Ah okay well do you mind if I whisk your little princess here off for a few to do her hair?” Lorne asked already leading Buffy through a door next door.
“Here you go sweetness take a seat and let moi work his magic.” He grinned into the mirror reaching for the hair dye.

“Right then scrumptious sit your cute bottom in the seat and let me have my way with you.” Lorne teased as he pushed Spike down into a chair in front of a mirror.

“Where’s Buffy?” Spike asked curiously noticing that Buffy hadn’t followed the hairdresser back into the room.
“Oh ive done my work and made her hair absolutely fabulous and I’ve left her in the very capable hands of my assistant to have her nails done.” Lorne explained running a critical eye over Spike hair as he began his work.

“Almost half an hour later Spike stood waiting for Buffy by the door of the salon. He ran his hands through his hair once more and smiled at how soft his hair was.
Guess that guy does work wonders.

Spike was so distracted looking down at his feet he didn’t notice Buffy walk up to him and lay a hand on his arm.
“You ready to go?”
Spike looked up and grinned in awe of Buffy’s hair.
It was much shorter than it had been but it still hung past her shoulders. Her hair looked silky smooth and Spike instantly felt like running his hands through it. The usual golden colour of her hair also now had streaks of pure blonde in it that shone silver in the light.

“Wow pet you look stunning.” Spike smiled at her kissing her hand.
“Thanks. I think it makes me look older too.” She grinned bobbing her head.
Spike nodded at her and led her from the store as she waved goodbye to the camp hairdresser.
“Thanks Spike an hour of total pampering was just what I needed.” She grinned jumping in the car.
“Glad you enjoyed luv now on to our next location.” He grinned.
“Wait where are we going?” Buffy asked her nose scrunched up.

“You’ll see.”



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Song above is not mine lol im not that good i got it from The Wedding singer and its sung by Adam Sandler