“Spike its beautiful!” Buffy gasped as Spike stopped the car. Right in front of them the ground ended and below that they could hear the sound of the waves crashing against the base of the cliff. The sun still shone brightly causing the ocean to shine brightly reflecting beautiful shades of blue and silver at them.

Spike got out of the car and helped Buffy out of her side before going to the boot of the car and pulling out a blanket and a big cooler bag. He laid the blanket out and helped Buffy get comfortable which was quite a feat since Buffy was never comfortable lately and opened the cooler bag handing Buffy a Marshmallow and pickle sandwich.
“Thought you’d be hungry luv.” Spike laughed as Buffy ravenously dug into her sandwich. He shook his head at the blissful look on her face and slowly began to eat his plain ham one.


Almost two hours later Buffy and Spike were still there both lying on their sides facing each other with their heads propped up on their hands.
“I reckon we call her Elizabeth after you pet.” Spike smiled softly stroking her stomach.
“Umm actually I sort of had a name in mind.” Buffy smiled biting her lip.
“Oh yeah? Well look whose been hiding. What is it luv?” Spike asked curiously already knowing that whatever Buffy wanted to name the baby was gunna be the final name.


I’ll make sure everything she wants she gets.

“Well I had a cousin her name was Emma and I remember my mom always taking me to visit her during the summer. She lived in this huge house and we used to run around dressing up, playing hide and seek or go swimming in the lake near her house. I loved going there and Emma was like my best friends I used to laugh at her so much…when my mom died I didn’t see her again and I was kind of hoping I could name the baby after her...” Buffy trailed off almost wistfully remembering some actual good memorise of her childhood for once.

Spike stared at her for a few seconds not saying anything before leaning in and leaving a sweet kiss on her lips.
“What was that for?” Buffy asked quietly.
“For being so strong, for always looking for the good things in life. Course we’ll name the baby Emma.” Spike smiled running a hand over the bump and grinning.
“It suits her anyway.” Spike grinned.
“How would you know she hasn’t even been born yet?” Buffy laughed.

“Yer I can just tell.” Spike sighed.
They sat there in a calm silence both just relaxing into the comfort they felt around each other and they watched as the sun slowly descended and sunk behind the horizon making the water glow beautifully.
“I think its time to go luv. Pretty cold.” Spike sighed looking down and smiling when he noticed Buffy was asleep. He picked her up and carried her to the car thankful that his car had bench seats.

Halfway home Buffy woke up and smiled sleepily up at him.
“Thanks Spike. This was the best birthday ever. I love you.” Her voice was so soft he almost didn’t hear her.
“Your welcome pet and I love you too pet. You and the lil bit.” Spike smiled relaxing into his seat and smiling happily.



“So how’d your birthday go B?” Faith asked through a mouthful of chocolate.
“It was amazing…Spike was soo sweet.” Buffy sighed, her eyes unfocused and staring off into space.
“Oh god snap out of it B please I can’t take the sappiness.” Faith groaned snapping her fingers in front of Buffy’s face bringing he rout of her trance.
“Oh yeah cause your no better with Angel right?” Buffy smirked seeing the blush rise on Faith’s cheeks.
Before either could say anything however the bell went and they both trudged to class.


“Euuurgh!” Buffy groaned loudly thrashing her head back and fore on her pillow.
“You okay sweetie?” Spike yawned staring at Buffy sleepily.
“No im not okay. I can’t fucking sleep.” Buffy cried out frustrated. She shoved the blankets off her and rolled onto her left side trying to get comfy. The last few days had been torture and she hadn’t been able to get a wink of sleep. There was only 2 weeks till her due date and safe to say everyone except Spike was avoiding Buffy at all costs. That’s all someone had to do was breathe and she was either sobbing uncontrollably or screaming at you.
“You need a glass of water or anything?” Spike asked timidly.
“NO! God will you just leave me alone!” She snapped pushing his hand away form her stomach and closing her eyes tightly trying to sleep.
She didn’t see Spike grinning at her back in amusement.

“Buffy can I…” Willow’s eyes widened and she opened and closed her mouth repeatedly not able to function properly from the evil glare Buffy was giving her.
“Never mind…bye.” Willow spoke quickly grabbing her bag and running away from her best friend who was currently glaring daggers at her.
Buffy sighed and leaned back into the bench she was sitting on, closing her eyes and resting a hand on her stomach. She knew she was being a bitch but she really couldn’t help it. Every little thing annoyed her and if the baby squeezed her bladder one more time she was going to scream.

She pulled herself up and managed to waddle to the girl’s bathroom.

Damn stupid baby.

Buffy sat on the toilet but before she could even sit down fully she felt a gush of liquid leak out and she gasped in surprise.

What the hell!?



“Ohmygod!Ohmygod!Ohmygod!” Buffy pulled her trousers back up and waddled as quickly as she could back out of the bathroom panting. She felt the panic rise in her chest and she was sure she was going to faint sometime soon. She made her way to the boy’s gym where she knew Spike was but she barely made it half way when an excruciating contraction made itself known. She cried out softly in pain and grasped her stomach. She looked around the deserted halls and groaned.

Why during class!? Couldn’t it have waited till lunch?

“Hey are you okay?”
Buffy struggled to straighten up and was unbelievably relieved to see Andrew and Jonathan the resident science geeks staring at her worriedly.
“Please…get Spike.” Buffy said her voice high from panic.
“Why what’s wrong?” Andrew asked stupidly.
“I'm going into labour you idiot NOW GET SPIKE!” She bellowed the last part and both boys took off running for the gym.

“SPIKE!” Andrew squeaked out loudly.
The entire class were in the middle of a basketball game and they all turned to stare at the two boys who were standing there panting like mad. The buzzer rang and a few of the boys went to go change but most stayed clearly interested in what made the two nerds run.
“What is it?” Spike asked.
“Buffy! She thinks she’s in labour.” Jonathan wheezed out.
The silence in the gym was shocking every boy turned to look at Spike who just stood there his jaw hanging open.
“Where?”
“By English.”
Spike was off running not even paying attention to the rest of the boys who were all cheering and whooping loudly.

“Can you believe it? Something exciting actually happened in school.” Gunn laughed before resuming his game of basket ball.

“Buffy! Buffy!” Spike bellowed pushing through throngs of students as they made their way to their next lesson. He pushed people out of his way not crying of their protests.
“Spike she’s over here!”
Spike looked up to see Faith waving at him. She had a panicked look in her eye and Spike gulped.

Fuck! if Faith shows fear how the hell am I going to cope?

Spike pushed through the group of people that was surrounding Faith and bent down to look Buffy in the face. She was sitting on a chair which Spike assumed someone had got for her.

“Spike thank god you’re here…it’s too early Spike it’s not supposed to be here yet.” She panted as she tried to ignore the pain.
“Buffy pet you’re due in just over a week it’s just a little before schedule.” He joked trying to make her feel better. The grip she had on his hand was unbelievably tight and he tried to ignore the huge group of teenagers who were now watching them.
“Come on luv.” Spike reassured her sweeping Buffy into his arms, one arm under her knees and another wrapped around her back.
“Get out of his way people NOW!” Faith yelled at the crowd they all parted eagerly letting Spike rush past with Buffy in his arms.

“Good luck!” Faith bellowed after them but she was drowned out by the yells of good luck from everyone else too.