Author's Chapter Notes:
Not too long to go now guys only about two chapters....thanks for sticking with it.:D
“Spike?!” Buffy grunted out.
“What is it sweetie?” Spike asked soothingly stroking her hair softly.

“Are your parents here?” Buffy asked.
“Yes Buffy their here, their in the waiting room.” Spike told her sweetly leaving a kiss on her sweaty temple.
They had already been there over 4 hours and Spike really hoped the baby would come soon. He hated seeing Buffy in so much pain.

“Oh god…here comes another one!” Buffy grunted.
“ARGHHHH!” She screamed loudly gripping his hand so tightly he was sure he heard a crunch. She gasped and panted for air as the pain slowly faded again and she collapsed backwards, laying her head back on the bed.
“Hey again how are things going?” The doctor asked kindly lifting the sheet that covered Buffy’s lower half and smiling at the couple encouragingly.
“I'm in labour so not……OH MY GOD!” Buffy bellowed again closing her eyes tightly against the pain.

“Their coming more and more frequently.” Spike informed the doctor.
“Yep they should…she’s 9 centimetres dilated.” The doctor grinned.
Spikes face lit up and he cast Buffy a happy look.
“She’s almost here Buffy.” He smiled kissing her hand.
“Okay Buffy remember your breathing and I want you to push as hard as you can when I tell you too okay.” The doctor said firmly.

Buffy nodded her head and grit her teeth as a fresh wave of agony washed over her.
“Now.”
Buffy pushed as hard as she could and grunted and gasped when she couldn’t push no more.
“Come on pet you have to do this.” Spike encouraged.
“WELL YOU GROW A DAMN VAGINA AND SEE HOW WELL YOU DEAL WITH PUSHING A BABY OUT OF IT!” Buffy screamed angrily.

“Don’t worry all women are like this during the birth.” The doctor spoke softly after seeing the hurt look flash on the young mans face.
“Come on Buffy one more push.”
“No…I can’t…please…I can’t” Buffy sobbed rolling her head back and fore desperately.
“Buffy come on sweetheart just think of meeting your little girl for the first time…bout holding her in your arms…looking into her beautiful eyes for the first time.” Spike whispered into her ear. He pulled back and stared into her eyes for a few seconds hoping she could see all the love he felt for her shining from his eyes.
He kissed her lips and smiled when he felt her kiss him back lightly.

“I love you.” He sighed against her lips both now completely oblivious to the world.
“I love you too.” She sighed.
“Okay you need to push now Buffy.” The doctor interrupted them gently.

Buffy pushed as hard as she could her neck strained outwards and the veins in her neck bulged out as she desperately pushed with everything she had left in her.
A shrill cry filled the air and Buffy’s eyes opened in wonder at the sound. She half sobbed half laughed as Spike grabbed her around the neck and kissed her head.
“She’s here baby…she’s here!” Spike cried happily. The doctor returned and handed the baby to Buffy wrapped in a pale pink blanket.

“Congratulations. You’ve got a 6 pound 4 ounce baby girl.” The doctor smiled warmly.
She looked on the couple fondly and realised in her ten years as a doctor she didn’t think she had ever seen a couple more in love. She grinned and left the room giving the new family a moment of privacy.
“She’s so little.” Buffy said softly staring at the beautiful baby in her arms and smiling softly.
“She’s beautiful luv.” Spike shook his head in disbelief.
Buffy couldn’t believe how much love she felt wash through her just looking at her daughter.

“Emma Giles.” Buffy smiled fondly.
“Actually how about Emma Joyce Giles.” Spike suggested.
Buffy looked up at him eyes filling with tears.
“After my mom?”
Spike nodded and wiped the tears from, his girlfriend’s eyes and kissed her soundly on the lips. Never feeling more content than he did right now with his arms wrapped around the woman he loved and his new baby girl.


“Mom, dad.” Spike smiled as he saw his parents run towards him from the waiting room. They wrapped their arms tightly around him neither wanting to let go of him.
“Okay mum? Da? Seriously air becoming an issue.” Spike joked.
“Is Buffy okay? Is the baby okay? Can we come see them?” Jenny reeled off excitedly.
“Yeah she’s up for visitors come on.” Spike smiled leading his parents into Buffy’s room.

He pushed the door opened and stopped stock still staring at the beautiful sight before him. Surprisingly despite a five hour labour Buffy never looked better and Spike was struck once again by her beauty. She looked gorgeous her skin was positively glowing and her smile practically lit up the room. The soft light above her bed lit her hair up like a halo and the tiny pink bundle in her arms just made the image perfect.
“Spike you gunna come in or not?” Jenny laughed as she stood next to Buffy’s bed staring down at her granddaughters beautiful face with Giles right behind her grinning manically.

Spike laughed before walking over to the bed taking his place next to Buffy and rubbing her hand softly.



“I still can’t get over how gorgeous she is!” Jenny grinned staring at her first grandchild and pulling the stupidest faces.
“I know she looks just like her mum.” Spike smiled proudly wrapping his arm around Buffy’s shoulders.
“She got your eyes though.” Buffy said staring into her daughters bright blue eyes.
“Did you get a prom dress yet?” jenny asked moving away form her grandchild and over to the fridge.
“Yeah I bought it yesterday. Still a bit early though I mean Prom isn’t for another month.” Buffy laughed rolling her eyes.
“Good to be prepared though right?” Jenny smiled.
Emma started crying then and Buffy and Spike moved towards her simultaneously. Spike picked her up and cradled her making cooing noises at her but she didn’t quieten down and Spike laughed.
“She wants her mammy.” Spike grinned handing her over to Buffy.
Jenny just shook her head and left the room.