“So having fun pet?” Spike whispered into her ear as they swayed slowly to the soft song that was drifting through the room.

“More fun than I’ve ever had.” Buffy smiled up at him capturing his lips in a sweet kiss. Neither aware of the happy looks and whispers of “Awe!” Coming from most of the people from their class that surrounded the dance floor. When Buffy had shown back up in school almost a month ago everyone had expected to see a tired, bloated mess to walk through the door so they had all almost fainted when they had seen Buffy’s trim figure glide through the doors happily and looking better than ever, but tonight she had outdone herself and practically every male had trouble tearing their eyes away.

The women seemed to be having the same problem with Spike too and Buffy smiled smugly into Spike’s neck as she saw Harmony glaring at them.
“I love you.” Buffy whispered into his ear.
“I love you too.” Spike smiled back.
“You two look absolutely gorgeous together!”

Buffy and Spike both turned to look at an eccentric looking guy who had been hired to take photos through out the evening so students could pick some they may want to buy. He was grinning at them wildly and quickly snapped off a few shots before running off after Cordelia and Owen.
“Is it just me who’s blind?” Buffy laughed. Blinking her eyes to get rid of the white blotches from the flash of the camera.
“Yeah it’s just you I could never go blind with such a beauty in my arms.” Spike smiled at her kissing her softly on the lips.

“Ahem.”

Buffy looked up again at yet another interruptions surprised to see Cordelia standing there.

Does she look nervous!?

“Umm. Hi.” She greeted.
“Hey Cordy.” Buffy replied a little taken aback by the fact that Cordelia the most popular girl in school and the girl who had been her nemesis for like 8 years was standing there shifting nervously.
“Can I talk to you? In private?” Cordelia asked giving Spike and apologetic look.

Buffy nodded and followed Cordelia out into the hallway. There were a few people standing outside either having a sneaky smoke or engaging in some very hot action with their dates either way Buffy frowned in distaste.
“I'm sorry.” Cordelia said firmly.
“Huh? For what?” Buffy asked confused.
“For the past 8 years. For being an absolute queen bitch. I…I made judgements when I shouldn’t have. I didn’t know the full story and I tried as best as I could to put you down whenever I saw you and I realise now. I'm not better than you. Im not better than anyone. And if im truly honest…im no where near as strong as you.” Cordelia said quietly.

“Thanks…that means a lot Cordelia, but why are you saying this now?” Buffy asked honestly humbled by Cordelia’s little apology.
“IRA. Turns out my dad was cheating on his taxes for awhile. I'm broke and I realise…I have absolutely nothing all because I was caught up in some stupid rich girl la la fantasy and I realised now that im absolutely penniless i've never been happier.” Cordelia grinned.
“Good for you Cord.” Buffy smiled back hugging the brunette warmly.
“So friends?”
“Friends.”
“Cool now you have to tell me where you got those shoes!”


“Spike…”
Buffy spoke quietly walking back into the hall with a goofy grin on her face. Cordelia's little speech outside had made her realise just how lucky she was and she placed her hand over Spikes chest smiling to herself.

“Yeah luv?”
“Take me home?”
“Happy too.” Spike grinned lifting her up and carrying her out of the gym not once taking his eyes away from hers.


4 years later…

“Hmpff.”
Buffy snuggled further into her pillow and kept her eyes tightly shut not wanting to move an inch. She ignored the soft wet kisses that were trailing down her back and tried desperately to stay asleep.
“Come on pet…come back to me.” Spike whispered to her softly.
She finally gave up and rolled over smiling into Spike’s face.
“Morning.” Buffy yawned.
“No luv…Afternoon! Ahh the life of a college student I guess!” Spike smirked down at her.
“Hey! I spent all last night up with our daughter actually.” Buffy snorted.
“Why? Is she okay?” Spike asked panicked, getting to stand up.

“Spike she’s fine. She had a nightmare about school again.” Buffy laughed as she remembered the talk she had with her daughter about teachers not wanting to eat you.
“I should have been here.” Spike sighed heavily.
“Spike please! Since we’ve had Emma I think you’ve only spent like 3 weeks apart from her. You’re a rock star now Spike.” She teased.

“Still I should have been here.” Spike sighed sadly.
“Spike please your like…the perfect daddy there is and you know it. Emma reminds you enough. Besides you can’t just give up your dream now that you’ve got it…Emma doesn’t stop going on about how her dad’s a musical genius!” Buffy laughed.

Spike just shook his head and smiled shyly. It had always been his dream to make it famous and freshman year of college he had met a few guys who were in his music class and along with Oz they had set up their own band. Dingoes Ate My Baby had hit the big time immediately and with two multi platinum albums under their belts it still seemed that there was no stopping them.
“So how’s school going luv?” he had missed her so much in the three days he had to go do a stupid album signing in London.

“Fine Spike. My art teacher actually took a few of my pieces to this big time art guy and he’s offered to do a showing for me in his gallery.” Buffy smiled happily.
“That’s amazing pet!” Spike grinned.
He leant down to kiss her only meaning to give her a light kiss but the three days spent apart had taken its toll and they were both desperate for each other already. Within minutes they were both naked and Spike sighed in happiness at being able to be with his girl again.

“Oh god Spike.” Buffy moaned as Spike lifted her leg up high and over his shoulder so he could drive deeper into her.
“I love you Buffy…so much.” Spike grunted desperately trying to hang on but he felt himself nearing the edge with every thrust.
“Love…you….too…” Buffy panted gripping his ass desperately urging him on. Spike stared down at her drinking in the sight of her beautiful face scrunched up in pleasure. She was biting on her lips and her head was thrashing back and fore desperately. 5 years and he still couldn’t get enough of her. He felt her go rigid underneath him before she screamed her release. Spike followed not long after grunting at the feel of her walls strangling him till he was completely spent.

“So im guessing Emma’s with my mum right.” Spike panted running his hands up and down Buffy’s arms. Feeling Buffy nod against his chest he didn’t feel the need to answer and instead focused on the picture on their bedside table. It was one of the ones from prom night almost four years ago and every time he saw it he couldn’t help the burst of happiness well inside him.

He and Buffy both had proud smiles on their faces and their eyes which were directed at each other had such love radiating from them you could even see it through the picture and to make the picture even more picture perfect. Emma was staring right at the camera with a huge grin on her face and a twinkle in her eye. When the press had found out he had a daughter and a serious long term girlfriend they had gone nuts and no one had believed it at first all of them assuming that Spike was some sort of rebel, man slut.

The headlines in the papers had been less than flattering anyway but as soon as the paparazzi had spotted him out with Buffy and Emma the papers quickly changed their tune and soon he was Spike Giles Rock God with a heart of Gold.

“Buffy…I love you.” He said still not taking his eyes from the picture.

“Love you more.” Buffy sighed.
And after the briefest pause Spike said the four most terrifying words he had ever had to say.
“Will you marry me?”

When he didn’t get an answer in the first couple of seconds he started to fidget already thinking she was going to say no but when she lifted her head and stared him in the eyes with the happiest smile on her face he got the answer he wanted. Without having to say another word Spike rolled his new fiancé over already desperate to make love to her again.
He slid in easily and they both gasped in pleasure and neither held their moans back as Spike sped his thrust up.
“Oh Spike I-”
They both stopped suddenly when they saw the door swing open and their four year old came running in and stopped dead less than a foot away.
“Mommy…dadddy…what are you doing?”

Oh bugger

The End



Hope you all enjoyed this story and thanks to everyone who left a review. :D