Author's Chapter Notes:
After my amazing performance over the weekend I guess I shouldn't feel bad about making you all wait to read this chapter...except I do! Your reviews mean so much to me with this being my first fic and all so I'm gonna try and keep as much on top of it as I can - plus I'm dying see how it ends as well. Anyways this chapter is huge in terms of importance to the story - this is where things start to heat up (angst wise I mean - how much hotter can they get Spuffy wise I hear you cry!) It was also a very difficult chapter to write - I knew how I wanted it to end, but getting there was a bit of a trial. So read on and enjoy the fruit of my labor - and review also thanx!!!
Buffy awoke the next morning to find Spike standing by the bed, holding a tray. On it was a plate of tropical fruit, a freshly baked cinnamon roll and a cup of coffee, along with a bloom from one of the vividly colourful shrubs growing around the estate.

“Happy Birthday, luv,” he said, placing the tray on the table next to the bed and sitting down on the edge.

Buffy sat up smiling. “How did you know?”

“Willow told me when I came to pick you up at the gallery,” he confessed. “I think she was under the impression that I was whisking you away for your birthday.”

“Typical Willow – she’s an old romantic.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked.

“To be honest, I’d kind of forgotten about it. I mean, I knew it was coming up, but over the years, I’ve just sort of stopped paying attention to it.”

“Well, you need to start celebrating them. Birthdays are important – next year it’ll be the big three oh.”

“Don’t remind me,” Buffy said with a grimace. “I’d rather not think about getting old.”

Spike pretended to look insulted. “Excuse me, thirty is not old. I happen to feel extremely young and virile for my age.”

Buffy grinned. “Don’t I know it?”

Spike’s eyes flashed with hunger as he recalled the night before. It…she had felt incredible. She was the first woman with whom he had engaged in that particular act and judging from the strangling heat surrounding his cock, he was willing to bet that it was also her first time. It was proof that she trusted him enough to let go of any inhibitions.

“Anyway,” he said as he picked up a piece of pineapple and held it up to her mouth. “Enough with the excuses about not wanting to celebrate your birthday – this year it’s going to be special and I am going to do whatever you want.”

“So you’re my willing slave then?” Buffy asked, grinning.

“At your service.”


After breakfast, which they ended up sharing, Buffy decided she wanted to visit the city of Puerto Plata.

“I’d really like to see the Amber Museum – I’ve heard a lot about it. And we could also do some shopping and have lunch there.”

On arrival in the capital city of the Puerto Plata province, they headed straight for Plaza Turisol, a shopping centre catering to a more up-market clientele. Buffy dragged Spike around the shops and to his credit he didn’t make a fuss, although he got his reward when they found a small boutique selling lingerie in all manner of styles, fabrics and colours, where he ended up spending an obscene amount of money.

“We could have a little fashion show when we get back,” he suggested, as they walked out of the shop and headed towards a little pavement café they’d passed earlier.

“You wouldn’t make it through the first thing I put on,” Buffy replied.

After lunch, they headed over to the Amber Museum to view the unique collection of semiprecious stones – one of the island’s exports – and Spike loved watching Buffy as she marvelled at everything she saw, finding beauty in even the ugliest piece.

To finish off the day, Buffy decided she wanted to ride the aerial tramway up the Pico Isabel de Torres mountain. On hearing her suggestion, Spike blanched a little, before grudgingly admitting to a fear of heights. Buffy pouted and played the ‘birthday’ card until he relented and although he held her hand in a vice grip for the entire ride, the smile on her face was enough to make it worthwhile for him.

As the afternoon turned to evening, they returned to the estate and went straight to the cottage. In the bedroom, Buffy dumped her shopping bags on the bed before moving closer to Spike and sliding her hands up his chest.

“So how about that fashion show you were talking about?”

“Now that’s extremely tempting, luv,” he said. “But I actually have something else planned for this evening. So why don’t you go put on something pretty and then come and meet me up at the main house.”

Curious as to what he had planned, Buffy showered and applied some of the scented body lotion she’d bought earlier and then slipped into a jade green Oscar de la Renta bandeau dress and metallic Jimmy Choo gladiator sandals. After tying back her hair, she added a little make up and a spritz of fragrance and then left the cottage following the little path up to the main house.

But before she reached her destination she saw Spike standing outside on the veranda waiting for her, looking hotter than ever in black trousers and a cream linen shirt. Walking up to join him, she gasped when she saw the candles adorning every available surface, the wooden decking covered in petals from blooms like the one he’d given her that morning, and a table laid for two.

“Oh Spike…”

“Happy Birthday, luv,” he said, smiling at the look of delight on her face.

“How did you…?” she asked, gesturing to everything in front of her.

He grinned as he led her to the table and pulled out her chair. “With a little help from Maria and Cordy.”

They sat down and Spike took the liberty of opening the bottle of Rioja sitting on the table and pouring them each a glass. Moments later, Maria emerged with their appetizer of stuffed mussels. It was delicious and whet their appetite for the main dish of chicken in citrus rum sauce and the flan de leche dessert.

After dessert, Spike reached into his pants pocket, pulled out a small box and slid it across the table.

“Spike?” Buffy enquired as she picked it up.

“Open it.”

She followed his request and gave a little gasp when she saw what was nestled in the velvet interior.

The amber pendant was beautiful and was exactly the one she’d been eyeing in the gift shop at the museum.

“I saw you looking at it and I couldn’t resist getting you a birthday present,” Spike offered by way of explanation as he helped her fasten it around her neck.

“Oh Spike, it’s beautiful, thank you.” She took his hand in hers. “And thank you for today – this has been the best birthday I’ve had in years.”

Spike smiled. “Perhaps I can make it even better.”

Quickly catching on, Buffy allowed him to pull her to her feet. “Oh, I’ve no doubt of that.”

They walked quickly back to the cottage, up the stairs and into the bedroom, their clothes melting away like snow on a hot chimney.

“I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you lying beneath me wearing nothing but my necklace,” Spike admitted as he laid her down on the bed with the pendant resting in the hollow between her breasts.

She pulled him on top of her, the two of them fitting together as though they were two halves of the same whole. Spike kissed her and slid his hands down to her breasts, softly rubbing her already hardening nipples. Buffy arched her back as he slid down her body to lick at one stiff nub before blowing across it causing it to harden further and making her gasp. He repeated the action with its twin before sliding down even further to part her thighs and stroke his tongue over her throbbing wet pussy.

His tongue was a master of evil, doing things that should be outlawed and making her fly over the edge as he thrust two fingers inside her. He didn’t even allow her to come down from her first orgasm and by curling his fingers up inside her to massage that elusive bundle of nerves, he had her coming a second time.

“Oh, Buffy, kitten, you’re amazing,” he whispered as he watched her explode again. “Amazing.”

Unable to wait any longer, he moved up her body and positioned himself, before sinking into her slowly, never once breaking eye contact. Her walls were still contracting and he gasped at the sensation.

This time, it was different. There was no frenzy, no frantic union – Spike’s thrusts were long and slow. They kissed; tender kisses, combined with tender hands sweeping over each other’s skin.

Lifting his head, Spike’s gaze locked with hers and he saw moisture in the eyes looking back at him.

“Buffy, pet, what is it…what’s the matter?”

“I don’t know. It’s just…sometimes its overwhelming what you do to me.”

“Oh, luv, I know what you mean. Just one look at you makes me ache…”

Spike’s voice combined with the steady rhythm of his thrusts was bringing her closer and closer to a third orgasm. Buffy whimpered as he moved a little faster.

“Your touch makes my skin quiver…”

“Spike, please,” she pleaded, his words adding to the pressure building in the pit of her stomach.

“No one else has ever made me feel like you do…”

Buffy cried out as she climaxed again, seconds before Spike stiffened, shooting his load inside her spasming pussy.


Spike lay quietly with Buffy curled in his arms.

No matter how many times or how many ways they had done this before, nor how explosive their orgasms, he could never get tired of being with Buffy. Nothing compared to her and as she lay next to him, her eyes closed, in exhaustion or in sleep, he couldn’t stop looking at her.

How can I not love her, he thought, as he stroked her hair and then stopped, realising suddenly that his post-coital reflections had inadvertently revealed a long hidden truth.

He *was* in love with Buffy Summers.


Buffy lay in Spike’s arms with her eyes closed as he stroked her hair, as always marvelling at the wonder of sex with him. What she’d said earlier was true – it engulfed her sometimes; the awe at how well he knew her and especially her body.

He’s such an incredible man, she thought, smiling inwardly. I wouldn’t change one thing about him. He’s funny, caring, he’s amazing in bed. I really do love...

Neither the inward gasp nor the alarm bells that suddenly starting resounding in her head could annul the words her inner voice had all but uttered.

I love him.

I *love* Spike Giles.