Author's Chapter Notes:
And to finish...
Buffy stood in front of the mirror, smoothing her hands down over her white silk dress.

It had only been three months since she’d admitted her true feelings to Spike and he’d asked her to marry him. Of course she’d said yes – she wanted to be his wife more than anything.

The wedding had been hastily planned and the ceremony and reception were taking place on the estate in the Dominican Republic – a rather fitting choice of setting given that it was where both she and Spike had realised their true feelings for each other.

As Buffy applied a final coat of nude gloss to her lips, the door opened and her bridesmaids, Willow, Tara and Cordy, and Faith, her maid of honour, entered, in a sea of gold silk.

“Oh Buffy, you look beautiful,” Willow announced with a gasp.

Buffy’s dress was a Vera Wang original; a simple ankle-length sheath with spaghetti straps and her shoes were diamond studded Christian Louboutin sandals. Her hair was a mass of curls pinned up with white flowers.

“She’s right, B,” Faith agreed. “Spike is not going to know what to do with himself when he sees you.”

Buffy grinned. “As long as he knows what to do with me, I’m not worried.”

“I don’t think you’ll have a problem there – he might even decide against the wedding and settle for dragging you to the nearest bed caveman style.”

The five girls giggled.

“Okay,” Buffy said. “Somebody pass me my bouquet and let’s get this show on the road.”

Cordy picked up Buffy’s bouquet – a colourful combination of tropical native blooms – and then they all headed downstairs and along the path towards the beach where an archway of white flowers stood on the edge of the cliffs.

The guests sat on folding chairs, a harpist provided the music and Spike stood beneath the arch wearing another trademark black designer suit teamed with a white shirt, his vivid blue eyes fixed on her as she walked down the makeshift aisle strewn with flower petals towards him.

When she reached the archway, he took her hand and smiled at her with such a look of love in his eyes that Buffy felt the sudden urge to cry with happiness.

Blinking back the tears for fear of ruining her mascara, she smiled back and they turned to face the celebrant.

“Friends and loved ones, we are gathered here today to witness a commitment between Elizabeth and William, or Buffy and Spike as they are known to you all, to love one another unconditionally and endlessly.”

After confirming the legality of their union, the celebrant spoke to each of them in turn.

“Buffy, do you take Spike as your husband and promise to love him all the days of your life?”

Buffy looked at Spike. “I do.”

“Spike, do you take Buffy as your wife and promise to love her all the days of your life?”

“I do,” Spike said, smiling.

The celebrant turned to the assembled guests. “There are many things I could say to Buffy and Spike today, but instead I choose to listen to the words they have for each other. Spike, if you would like to go first.”

Spike turned to face his bride.

“Buffy, I stand here in front of everyone we care about telling you how much I love you and for a long time I thought I didn’t deserve to feel this way. But the truth is, this love has nothing to do with me – it’s all about you. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. Your beauty, your kindness, your strength – you’re a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy, and I am going to spend the rest of my life cherishing everything you’ve given me and giving it back in return.”

Buffy felt tears prick at her eyes again, as Spike slid a gold wedding band onto her finger and then brought her hand up to his mouth to kiss it. She kept her gaze locked with his as she spoke.

“Spike, you’re my saviour. Five years ago, I suffered a heartbreaking loss and I thought my heart was beyond repair, until you came into my life and put it back together. It took me a long time to admit how I felt about you – I was scared and I tried to control my feelings until I realized that love can’t be controlled. It captures you and it doesn’t let go. I love you, Spike and I know that I don’t have to be afraid of that love because with you, my heart will always be safe.”

She slid an identical ring onto his finger as the celebrant concluded the ceremony.

“Buffy and Spike have exchanged rings and pledged their love for each other. It gives me great pleasure to declare them husband and wife.”

As their family and friends burst into applause, Buffy and Spike’s lips met for the first of many kisses they would share throughout their married life.


Several hours later, following a delicious banquet which included grilled whiting with pineapple and black bean risotto, chicken and sweet potato stew, rock lobster with avocado and okra leaves and bananas in cashew syrup, Buffy and Spike danced beneath the stars.

“I love you, Mrs Giles,” Spike said, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

“I love you, Mr Giles.”

Twirling her around, he brought her back flush against him. “So when are you going to give me babies?”

“I don’t recall anything about babies being part of the deal,” Buffy said with a smile. “They’re a lot of hard work, you know. You wouldn’t prefer to just...practice for a while?”

Spike arched his eyebrow. “Oh, you can never have too much practice.”

They continued dancing as the merengue band providing the music started a new song.

“You know what, sweetie. I’m not so sure that we need any practice.”

Spike pouted. “Why not?”

“Because I’m already pregnant,” she whispered in his ear.

“What?”

She smiled at the dazed look on his face. “I did a test this morning. Hardly surprising, really, considering you never leave me alone.”

“Well it’s not my fault, luv. You’re beautiful and sexy and...totally hot for me.”

“You are so full of yourself!” Buffy exclaimed with mock annoyance.

Spike grinned happily as he drew her even closer.

“I bet it’s a girl!”



THE END!!!