Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in posting...my job is pretty stressful right now so I've hardly had a moment to write. Plus I've had some issues with this chapter - there were parts I just wasn't happy with. But its all sorted now and here for you to read. I hope you like - some peeps have said they wanted to see how Buffy and Spike act outside the bedroom and I hope the end of this chapter satisfies you - if not there will be more I promise. Please review - I do appreciate all of you who have reviewed - it make me write even faster. So thanks and enjoy...p.s. for those of you wanting to know more about the Spike/Dru/Ethan triangle watch out for the next chapter as I plan to reveal a little more...
The next few hours flew by for Buffy, who spent most of her afternoon surfing the web and cataloguing information into the gallery database. Spike called her to let her know that dinner was scheduled for seven o’clock at ‘Chez Julien’, a thriving new French restaurant which had received glowing reviews from various food critics. Realising she needed to pick up some milk and a few other essential items, she called in at the local convenience store on her way home and consequently it was nearly six by the time she arrived back at the apartment.

Walking through the front door, she heard the shower running and her panties immediately dampened at the thought of Spike in there all naked and wet. She briefly toyed with the idea of joining him for a repeat of the previous night, but knowing they’d probably end up being late for dinner, she headed for the kitchen instead to put away the groceries.

She was standing in front of the open refrigerator with a can of whipped cream in her hand when Spike came up behind her and slipped his arms around her waist. “So what d’you buy?”

“Food,” Buffy replied, trying to ignore the fact that he was only wearing a towel, which was secured rather precariously around his hips.

“I was talking about something to wear tonight,” he said, relieving her of the whipped cream. “But I reckon we could have some fun with this.”

She turned to see him shaking the can, his eyebrow raised. “Don’t tempt me,” she said with a smile, before moving past him in the direction of her bedroom.

Twenty five minutes later, she had showered and donned underwear, secured her hair into a chignon and added make up and gold jewellery. The dress she had bought was a black Gucci silk halter and she slipped it on with a pair of black strappy Manolos. Selecting a matching Fendi clutch purse, she walked out into the hall, where Spike was waiting, talking on his cell phone.

He looked up when she came into view and his eyes blazed with lust. “I’ll call you back,” he muttered to the caller and severed the connection. His gaze drifting over her, he grinned. “Well, don’t you look good enough to eat?”

Buffy grinned back as she opened the front door. “Promises, promises.”

Spike smirked before leaning down to whisper in her ear. “I always keep my promises, luv.”


They arrived at the restaurant at five minutes to seven, where they were greeted and shown to a table occupied by two men.

Spike shook their hands before gesturing to her. “Gentlemen, this is a friend of mine, Buffy O’Connor.”

Buffy shook hands with them as they each introduced themselves and then settled into one of the plush armchair-style seats. When the waiter came round, Spike selected a vintage Burgundy from the wine list and after perusing the menu, they opted for the lobster flambé salad entré, grilled filet mignon with béarnaise sauce for the main course and a French vanilla soufflé for dessert.

The cuisine was delectable and the wine a superb accompaniment. Most of the conversation was business dominated and from what Buffy could glean, the two men designed software and Spike was considering investing in their company.

“Mr. Giles, you’ve seen our research for the Global 360 product and I’m sure you can agree that it will prove highly lucrative for all involved.”

“I don’t doubt that, gentlemen,” Spike answered. “But you’re asking for an investment of several million dollars, so you must understand that I’m a little hesitant.”

Buffy watched the exchange with interest, watching Spike in action. He was definitely a force to be reckoned with in the business arena and his economic acumen never failed to impress her. He hadn’t gotten where he was today by being blind to the risks and making rash decisions. The fact was that these men needed him otherwise they wouldn’t have approached him, so he could afford to make them wait.

It was like she’d told Faith, she respected him. She might not be in love with him, but she liked him and they had a good rapport outside the bedroom – and a hell of a rapport in it.

She had often wondered how long their arrangement would last – it had been almost a year since they first met and they still wanted each other as much as they ever had. And as long as they were both still happy with the terms of their agreement, why shouldn’t they continue to be ‘friends with benefits’, as Faith called it?

Dinner was drawing to a close and Spike was settling the check. All four of them stood up and Spike shook hands with both men.

“You will have my answer by tomorrow morning, gentlemen.”

“Thank you, Mr. Giles,” one of them said.

Buffy shook hands with the pair and then with Spike’s hand resting in the small of her back, they walked out into the restaurant lobby and then onto the street outside, where Spike’s limousine was waiting.

They soon arrived back at Buffy’s apartment and took the elevator up to her floor. Spike embraced her from behind as she tried to unlock the door, his hands on her hips, his mouth wrecking havoc on her neck and his cock pressing into the cleft of her ass.

“That dress has been driving me crazy all night,” he whispered, his mouth moving up to nibble on her earlobe.

When she finally got the door open and they were inside the apartment, she turned in Spike’s arms to kiss him and they devoured each other, their tongues duelling for supremacy. Spike kicked the door shut and pushed her up against the wall. Then without warning he dropped to his knees.

He grinned when she looked down at him, her eyes brimming with desire. “I told you, pet. I always keep my promises.”

With one hand, he pushed the material of her dress up so it gathered at her waist. Pushing her lace panties aside, he ran one thumb down over her wet pussy, briefly dipping inside her and then coming back up to massage her aching clit with the moist digit. Her hips bucked at the contact and he glanced up to see her head tipped back and her eyes closed as currents of pleasure raced through her.

“Spike, please…” Buffy implored, until he finally fulfilled her desire and replaced his hand with his mouth.

At the very first stroke of his tongue on her sensitized flesh, her whole body jerked and she felt as though a thousand volts of electricity had been poured through her. He continued to tease her, his tongue leisurely lapping up her juices, before pushing inside her.

Buffy moaned as he fucked her with his tongue and thrust her hands into his hair holding him in place. She could feel her orgasm fast approaching and if he kept moving his tongue like that it would be all over in seconds. As she teetered on the edge of oblivion, he latched onto her clit, sucking it into his mouth and alternatively torturing her with his tongue and the scrape of his teeth. And when he softly bit her, her climax hit with all the force of a guided missile.

She had barely come down from the pinnacle of ecstasy when he stood up, unzipped his fly and thrust himself inside her. She came again, her pussy spasming around his cock and it took only a couple of powerful thrusts for him to join her, his body shuddering.

Completely sapped of energy, they collapsed on the floor in a tangle of limbs.

“Mmm,” Buffy murmured. “You weren’t kidding about keeping your promise…”


Hours later, Spike woke up alone. The clock on the nightstand told him it was three a.m. and he could hear faint noises coming from beyond the bedroom door. Getting out of bed, he pulled on a pair of jeans and headed through to the lounge, where he found Buffy curled up under a blanket watching ‘Dirty Dancing’.

“Hey, luv,” he said as he sat down beside her on the sofa. “Whatcha doing?”

“I couldn’t sleep,” she answered as she lifted her feet and set them down on Spike’s lap. “Thought I’d watch a movie.”

“Dirty Dancing?” he enquired with a frown.

“It’s my favourite film.”

He muttered something under his breath.

“What did you say?” she asked.

“I said it’s a ‘chick flick’.”

Buffy pretended to be insulted. “You’re just jealous.”

Spike scoffed. “Jealous?”

“Of Patrick Swayze. Cause he’s so hot.”

“Patrick’s got nothing on me, pet.”

“I don’t know,” Buffy said with a grin. “He’s got some moves.”

“So have I,” Spike responded, his voice full of conviction. “But mine are better.”

Buffy smiled. He wasn’t bragging. She may have grown up with a huge teenage crush on Patrick Swayze but she’d take Spike over him any day.

“So if you hate this movie so much, why are you sitting here watching it with me?” Buffy asked.

“Well, now that I’m awake, I need something to send me back to sleep,” Spike told her, faking a yawn. “Reckon this oughta do it.”

“You know what? I think subconsciously you like this film just as much as I do.”

He arched his eyebrow. “Is that right?”

Their playful banter continued throughout the film and by the time the credits rolled, they had both fallen asleep. Buffy was still lying across the sofa, her feet on Spike’s lap, but Spike had slid sideways so that he was half lying beside Buffy, her hand atop his arm which rested possessively across her midriff.

And in their state of slumber, neither of them were aware that to the unknowing eye, they looked awfully like a couple.