Author's Chapter Notes:
I apologize for the length of time between this chapter and the previous one. My beta seems to have not only given me somone else's chapter, but has since disappeared.

I would like to express my thanks to Maryperk for her awesome suggestions which helped break my writer's block. I honestly think without her, this chapter would still not be written!
Buffy opened the door to the basement and swept down the stairs, knowing Spike was right behind her, but not bothering to look back and verify his presence. She paused at the bottom of the stairs and let out a piercing shriek, loud enough to wake the dead, and causing Spike’s ears to ring.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“What the hell was that?” Xander cried as he jumped to his feet.

Methos and Cassandra shared a glance and they both sighed softly, but it was Cassandra who spoke. “That was Buffy, expressing some of her anger and frustration. Nothing to worry about really.”

“Nothing to worry about?” Xander exclaimed. “She sounded like she is going to hurt someone!”

“She is,” Methos stated in a matter-of-fact tone. “However, instead of bottling up her anger and frustration, she has found that… scream… to an effective release valve on her otherwise explosive and deadly temper. To be honest, I’d be more concerned if she didn’t scream. She is at her deadliest when she is silent. “

Anya started to nod, “Yes, having her scream is much better than waking up to everyone being dead. I am glad she found a way to release some of her frustrations.” Anya stated this rather dryly, a small smile twitching at the corners of her mouth. “After all, we wouldn’t want a repeat of the 5th Legion, would we?” she asked innocently.

“Indeed no. That would be a most unpleasant way to start the day,” Cassandra said with a small smirk.

Giles turned to Cassandra and asked, “What happened to the 5th Legion, if I may be so bold as to ask?”

It was Methos who spoke instead of Cassandra. “It actually started off as a bet.” He scratched the end of his nose and gave a rueful grin. “I had bet her that she couldn’t gain access to the encampment without resorting to violence.”

Cassandra interrupted, “She actually managed that part. What nobody took into account was the fact that the sentinels thought she should provide ‘entertainment’ as payment.”

Methos nodded almost sheepishly. “Needless to say she took exception to that suggestion, and when she refused, they attempted to force her…” he trailed off, noting the looks of incredulity on the faces of those in the room.

Anya blinked once and an expression of devilment crossed her face. “And then she got so mad she just caused them all to drop dead!” She paused and looked around the room then asked quietly, “Right?”

“Close, Anya. Quite close in fact. But there is one thing history, and you, seem to have missed.” Methos chuckled quietly and continued, “They dropped dead, minus their heads.”

“Are you saying she killed them all?” Xander said disbelief and horror filling his voice.

“You need to understand she was in a different place, emotionally and mentally, at that time. There was so much anger and hatred inside her, it didn’t take much to set her off,” Methos said quietly. “If the sentinels had backed off, and not pressed the issue, or had not tried to force her, nothing would have happened. As it was, they hit her, and attempted to force her, sexually.” Methos dropped his head into his hands.

Cassandra stood up and walked over to Methos, placing a hand on his shoulder. “She doesn’t remember the exact details of what she did, but by the time the sun rose, every male over the age of 10 in that encampment had been decapitated.” She shrugged her shoulders in a casual motion. “When it first happened, it was attributed to an invading army, and then to a group of assassins. As time when on, it became demons, and then disease. Only she knows the complete truth, somewhere deep inside.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I am so tired of all this shit,” she ranted, ending the sentence with a rumbling growl. “If it isn’t stupid, pain in the ass mortals interfering in my business, it’s insane, pain in the ass immortals sticking their necks out waiting for the sword-strike.” Buffy stalked towards the door leading into Spike’s bedroom. “And then we have a stupid worthless vampire who thinks he’s god’s gift to the entire world. I know a few gods, and they wouldn’t even claim his sorry ass!”

Spike listened to Buffy rant, making no comment, just letting her get her frustrations out. Something Xander had said earlier running through his mind, and a wickedly erotic plan began to form in his mind.

“And the Council?” Buffy continued, as she stopped beside the bed. “Didn’t they learn their lesson last time? Granted it was a few centuries ago, but still!” She flopped backwards onto Spike’s bed, covering her face with her hands and let out another scream.

Spike followed Buffy into the room, and paused in the doorway. ‘She’s never going to get any rest at this rate, she’s too wound up,’ Spike thought. ‘Best way I know to relieve tension is with good hard shag, but somehow I doubt she’s going to be receptive to me trying to seduce her.’ Spike slipped his shirt and boots off quietly and walked silently towards the bed. ‘Guess we’ll see if she’s as Domne as her outfit suggests.’

Buffy continued to grumble under her breath, muttering to herself about all the things she wanted to do to the beings that were attempting to harm those she considered family. She paused in mid-grumble when a slight noise caught her attention. Sitting up she saw Spike sink to his knees beside the bed. “What on earth are you doing Spike?”

Spike dropped his gaze to the soft carpeting underneath his knees. “I am waiting for your commands, Mistress,’ Spike said, making sure not to raise his eyes.

“My commands,” Buffy queried softly, letting her eyes slowly roam over the exposed alabaster skin of Spike’s toned torso.

“Yes Mistress,” Spike said softly yet clearly. “You have but to order it and I will obey.”

Unbeknownst to Spike, a small smile graced Buffy’s lips and a mischievous sparkle entered her eyes. ‘Oh this could be so much fun,’ she thought, slowly rising to her feet. “Then my first command to you is to stand up and help me undress.”

Spike rose to his feet and began to help Buffy disrobe.


Chapter End Notes:
Up next? Smut and preparations for violence.