Author's Chapter Notes:
Apologies for the long time between updates. I lost the pendrive the story is saved on. I just recently found it, so here is the update! Only 4 more chapters to go.
While Spike and Methos debated over what exactly to serve for breakfast, Buffy and Cassandra made their way to the living room. They seated themselves on the sofa and continued their discussion on including the ‘civilians’, as Buffy referred to them.

“It would be best to take everyone with us,” Cassandra said softly, “That way we won’t need to worry about them. Which we would do if we left anyone behind.”

Buffy nodded in agreement. “We can leave the non-combatants at the house. They should be safe there, seeing as that idiot pupil of Mac’s is in residence there.”

“You mean Ritchie?” Methos asked as he entered the room with two steaming cups of coffee. “While I admit he’s heavy on the impulse and short on the planning, he is not in any way an idiot.” He handed the cups to the ladies and turned to leave the room. “I’d just call him a normal young male and have a club ready to smack him with when he does something stupid.” Methos returned to the kitchen, chuckling at the look of consternation on Buffy’s face.

“Crazy old man… has an opinion on everything…” Buffy muttered into her coffee.

Cassandra grinned, “And he is in no way shy about sharing those opinions.” She picked up her cup and inhaled the delectable aroma.

“Ain’t that the truth?” Buffy said with a grin. “But we wouldn’t have him any other way. “ She reached out and snagged a sheaf of blank paper and a pencil off the table in front of them. “So we use the Belgrave house as a base of operations. That won’t alert the Council that I’m in Town.” She wrote that on the paper and nodded almost to herself. “Joyce and Dawn should like it.”

“Dawn and I would like what?” Joyce asked as she stepped into the living room. “And is there anymore of that delicious smelling coffee?”

“Coffee is in the kitchen, but be careful. Spike and Methos are cooking breakfast,” Buffy said with a smirk. “And you and Dawn will like the house in London.” Buffy turned to Cassandra and inquired, “Will you call Samuel and have him get the jet prepped for takeoff? Tell him it needs to be ready in 5 hours. “She paused with a thoughtful look on her face. “Have him file a flight plan to Heathrow.”

“Of course.” Cassandra pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number. Standing up and pacing while waiting for the pilot to answer, she smiled absently at the people making their way down the stairs.

“Do you think it would be too much to ask that there is a pot of tea? Giles asked as he stumbled down the last 3 steps.

“Seeing as Spike is making breakfast, I think it is safe to assume that he made tea.” Joyce said with a grin. “Heaven forbid that you not get your ‘cuppa’ in the morning.”

“Yes, well. Not all of us are uncouth enough to drink that sludge you Americans prefer.” Giles said in a faux-haughty tone and snooty expression on his face. This was completely ruined as Dawn came rushing down the stairs and knocked into him, causing him to stumble and almost fall to the floor.

“I smell bacon!” Dawn said excitedly, as she rushed passed the stumbling Giles and into the kitchen. She was closely followed by Xander who had the look of a starving man about him. The two were promptly shoved back out of the kitchen with a loud growl following them.

“Sheesh, someone is mighty protective of their breakfast goods.” Xander muttered as he flung himself down into an armchair with a huff.

Joyce chuckled as she sipped her coffee and shook a finger at Xander. “You should know better than to disturb Spike when he is cooking.”

“It wasn’t Spike that tossed us out, or who growled at us!” Xander exclaimed huffily. “It was that brother of yours! He even threatened to throw a knife at me!”

Buffy looked up from the notes she was making and smirked. “If Methos wanted to throw a knife at you Xander, he wouldn’t have merely threatened, you would be pinned to the wall.”

Cassandra nodded to the person on the other end of her phone, even though they couldn’t see her. “Yes, a pick-up at the airstrip outside Sunnydale would be perfect. We will meet you there in 5 hours.” She said goodbye and snapped her phone shut. Cassandra looked over at Buffy and said,” Samuel will be ready in 5 hours with the jet.”

“Excellent. That will give us time to eat and pack.” Buffy continued making notes on the paper in front of her.

Methos sauntered out of the kitchen with a half-grin on his face. “Breakfast is served. Don’t blame me if it tastes weird, Spike did the majority of the cooking.”

“OI! Have some respect for the chef!” Spike hollered from the kitchen.

Xander jumped to his feet and rubbed his hands together as he made his way to the dining room. “So what gastronomical delights have the comedy chefs produced for our dining pleasure?”

“Pack?” Giles asked as he paused in the doorway. “Why would you be packing?”

“Not just me, Mr. Giles. ALL of us will be packing for an extended trip.” Buffy said with a smile as she passed him on her way into the dining room.

“Very well and where are we packing for?” Giles continued his inquiries as he followed Buffy to the table.

Buffy seemingly ignored Giles’ question as she turned to Methos, “Remind me to call Elvara once we are in the air. It would be best if she was apprised of our arrival.”

“Of course. If we don’t give her enough time to prepare, she might get Ritchie to meet as at the door.” Methos said with a slight smirk.

Giles cleared his throat in an attempt to gain Buffy’s attention, and succeeded only too well when she turned her mischievous gaze on him, “Best get something for that. You wouldn’t want to come down sick.” She grinned and continued, “And to answer your question, we are leaving for my house on Belgrave Square in London.