Author's Chapter Notes:
And here we have another chapter for you. Enjoy.
Spike was still purring, much to Buffy's amusement, as the Countache made its way down the mews road. He was obviously revelling in driving the powerful car. Buffy wondered what he would do when he saw what else she had stashed away in the garage.

"Buffy, how we going to get into the house, Pet?" Spike asked. Every sense was tingling; he could feel the wards from where he sat, they were trying to send him in the other direction like a mob was after him with garlic and flaming torches.

Buffy grinned and waved a hand nonchalantly. The wards fell from the garage doors. Buffy reached across and pushed a button on the fob. Spike chuckled as the doors opened and he was able to steer the car through them.

"Watch the ramp," Buffy warned as they headed into the dark.

Spike nodded and slowed, taking the powerful car down through the gears. The ramp kept going down. He looked around at the obviously custom built garaging. It was huge.

"We're right below the garden," Buffy explained. "Two floors down."

The two minibuses followed Spike and Buffy down into the garage, but the bikes peeled off after saluting the warriors. "See you at Bloodstock," one of the riders mouthed.

Elvara smiled and nodded, waving as the bus went into the dark.

Clem looking around nervously as they did so. At least his sister and niece were safe and Spike wouldn't let anything hurt them. Neither would the Priestess to the old ones. He shuddered slightly as they all dived into the cavern. He could feel the wards above them, and was glad he was on the same side as these powerful beings.

Everyone parked the vehicles and headed for the elevator at the far end of the underground garage. Before they could reach them, the doors sprang apart, disgorging 2 whirlwind blurs of flying reddish hair. Elvara and Haakon found themselves tackled by two young girls, who were alternately weeping and laughing.

Haakon looked between the two young women and then at their mother. "Our girls," he mouthed. Kissing first one and then the other. "My daughters." his voice cracking with emotion.

The sudden movement and noise caused more than a few of the non-human guests to cringe and cower back. It was the sight of the imposing figure that strode across the cement behind the girls that captured their attention and had them pressing forward almost as one being.

Buffy ran forward, yelling something at the top of her voice, Elvara less than a pace behind her. The huge man opened his arms and swept both women into them, covering the girls’ faces in kisses, laughing all the while.

Some of the non-humans had dropped onto their knees, others bowing low. Even Methos had dropped to one knee. Anya was grinning like mad. Giles looked for Haakon, only to see him bowing as well, his arms around the two girls. Everyone was talking at once. Giles and Xander didn’t recognise a lot of the languages.

Nordlys lifted Haakon's arm from around her shoulders and made her way over to where Wolf was standing. She held out her hand shyly. "Wolf?" she asked. "Am I still your mate?" Nordlys sounded almost frightened.

The were growled, but it wasn't an angry sound, more like a canine purr. "You smell even more delicious. More my mate than ever." He swept the young woman into his arms and held her close, nuzzling into her hair. "You are mine," he reassured her.

“I trust the problem with that band of schoolyard bullies has been dealt with?” the huge man asked, his deep voice rumbling through the underground garage like thunder.

“Buffy roasted them!” Spike said with a wry grin. “At least I think she roasted them... she might have ate them.” He shrugged nonchalantly, not really concerned either way. “Something they said, or didn’t say, pissed her off.”

“Temper got the best of you again, Daughter?” He turned his ebony eyes to Buffy, trying to be stern, but the grin twitching on his lips betrayed his inner mirth.

“Yes Father.” Buffy stated with a shrug. “At least I kept it confined to the one room this time.”

"Not like last time. We lost half a Russian forest when she threw a tantrum." Methos laughed, coming up alongside.

"And how's my Princess?" he asked Elvara, his arms still around her.

"Tired, Uncle. And glad it's all over. Alun's dead," she added. "And the spell he had on me is gone. I can talk about it now."

Draco nodded his understanding. "I have his soul. He will pay heavily for the torture he put you through. He will never hurt another."

"Thank you," the priestess said softly, leaning against him, and closing her eyes for a moment. "And thank you for the blessing of the girls. I'm glad they no longer carry his blood.

The huge man rested his chin on Elvara's head and seemed to be communicating with her on a totally different level.

They were disturbed by a squeal of excitement from Anya. She had taken a good look around the garage and the cars that it contained. It read like a list of the fastest and most prized supercars in the world, a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale sat next to a Lamborghini Diablo. An Aston Martin was parked next to a 1937 Rolls Royce. It looked like a petrol heads wet dream. "There must be five million dollars worth of metal in here," she sighed.

"Nearer ten," Richie told her as he escorted some of their visitors to the elevator. "There are some really old models in the back. Buffy's never thrown any of them away and she's been collecting them since the 1800's."

Giles was looking open mouthed at a red Maserati. He was actually drooling. Spike on the other hand had seen the bikes. He was purring, especially at the sight of a Vincent Black lightning, a cool half a million dollars worth of bike, sitting there waiting to be ridden.

"Who does the M.G. belong to?" the vampire pointed at the little green MG midget sitting in one corner. Its top was down and it was obviously used regularly from the dust on it and seemed out of place amongst all the supercars and classic bikes.

"Mama's," Nordlys said as she walked past. "That's her baby. Methos bought it for her seventeenth birthday. Wolf's got me the mini coop in the corner. He's going to teach me to drive as soon as it's legal."

“Cars... humanities way of committing mass suicide.” Draco rumbled, shaking his head.

“Just because YOU can’t drive, doesn’t mean that other people don’t enjoy it!” Buffy stated hotly, her hands on her hips. She turned to Spike and said, “He used to complain about my horses to. Said I was trying to get myself killed.”

“She was. Riding those ill-tempered beasts without any saddle or bridle.” Draco frowned.

Methos stepped up beside Buffy and said, “Don’t forget, I’ve seen the way you fly. She’s safer behind the wheel of a car, or on the back of a wild horse, than she would be riding you.” Having said this, Methos turned to escort Pamela to the elevator, confident he had gotten the last word.

“Impertinent whelp...” Draco muttered, his eyes flashing. With a devilish laugh he flicked a finger at Methos, setting the Immortal’s trousers on fire.

Methos let out a very un-warrior like yelp that caused everyone to laugh out loud.

"Uncle," Elvara said reprovingly, trying not to laugh out loud.

Giles gulped, "Somehow I don't think that's a nick name is it? I really want to get notes on all of this."

Haakon shook his head as they waited for their turn to go up to the house. "Later, Watcher. We're going to have injuries to deal with soon enough."

The elevator returned for them within a few minutes and Haakon escorted Elvara into it. Various demons stepped in with them, Katla and Nordlys waited with Wolf and Fahr for the next one. . Clem and his family still with their arms around one another stayed behind as well.

The doors opened into the main hallway, where Joyce was waiting for them. She walked over to Giles and wrapped her arms around him. “I’m glad you are back safely. Are you hurt anywhere?” She ran her hands across Giles’ shoulders and down his arms.

“I’m fine Joyce, not a scratch on me.” Giles pressed a kiss to her forehead and wrapped his arms around her.

Draco eyed the cuddling couple with some amusement. “Do I need to set down the rules for courting my granddaughter?” He laughed at the bug-eyed expression that overcame Giles’ face.

“Father, enough. While some of us know how to deal with your oft-times warped sense of humour...” Buffy started to say, but was cut off abruptly.

“I’m not Joking Daughter. He WILL treat her right, or I’ll be having myself a small snack.” Draco interrupted Buffy, a stern look on his face.

Joyce extracted herself from Giles’ embrace and turned to Draco. “And where were you when Hank was being an ass to me. Cheating on me, molesting our babysitter, and attempting to sell my daughter to a pack of demons.” Joyce asked in a tense voice.

Draco straightened rather abruptly, his eyes narrowing. “And why was I not informed of this?” He turned accusing eyes on Buffy. “And where is Hank now?”

“Problem solved Father. The demons are dead, and Hank is in the hands of the Wolf, the Ram and the Hart.” Buffy stated in a clipped tone of voice. “I take care of my own.” That said she turned away and stalked into the kitchen, where the various injured demons were being treated.

“Somehow I think I am in trouble.” Draco sighed. “Sometimes I wish she took more after me than after her mother.” .” His eyes misted over for a second as he remembered the mortal woman who had give birth to his daughter for him.


Joyce smiled softly, “But most days you are glad she does.” She softly patted his shoulder and followed after Buffy.

Draco hung his head and sighed. “Best follow and lend a hand, or I’ll be the one needing stitches...” He went into the kitchen, followed closely by Giles.

The room looked like some warped, Star Trekian E.R. Dawn was pouring vinegar on one poor unfortunates open wounds, but it seemed to sooth rather than hurt him.

Elvara was digging a bullet out of Cassie's shoulder; the woman was clinging onto Methos, slightly stoned. Elvara worked efficiently, and a skilfully as any surgeon. The two witches and Anya were helping where they could.

Xander was sitting with his leg up on a bench, a field first aid kit open and Nordlys was busy dressing the wound he had received.

Spike had collected all the weapons together, and looked around for Buffy but she was talking quietly to Richie.

"Can I help, Spike?" Katla asked when she noticed the look on his face.

"I need to put this lot away, but Buffy's too busy to open the door to the weapon's locker," he explained.

The young girl smiled. "If you don't mind nipping me, I can open it, but I don’t have a knife." she held out her finger to the vampire.

Spike doubted that it would work, Buffy had said the door openly opened to those who shared her blood, but he humoured the teenager.

He was the one surprised when it worked, the stairs to the cellar appearing in front of him. His confusion must have been apparent on his face because Katla grinned at him and said. "Mama and Buffy are real cousins you know. Mama's great something gran and Buffy's mum were twins. If you want to embarrass Granpa Draco, ask him about them. He goes bright red and huffs. It's fun"

“I’ll keep that in mind Pint-Size.” Spike reached out and ruffled her hair before descending to the weapon’s locker. There was a story he'd love to hear at sometime. Twins... He grinned as he made his way quickly down the stairs. He didn't want to be too long, he might be needed upstairs.

Xander cursed a little as Nordlys wrapped the bandages around his leg. Then he growled. It sounded almost animalistic.

Fahr and wolf both snapped their heads up at the sound. Katla looked intrigued. Instead of following Spike into the opened cellar she headed over to the young man, holding her hand out, as if for him to smell. "Why are you hiding in there?" she asked, squatting down in front of Xander. "It’s quite safe here."

"Katla come back from there," Joyce ordered the girl, heading towards her, but being restrained by Draco. He shook his head and motioned for her to listen.

"He's scared, Aunty Joy. He's got something hiding inside him and he's so scared. That's why he keeps snarling at Mama, he's frightened she's going to see what is hiding in there. He was told to keep it hidden and she's going to find out."

Xander pushed Katla over, "She's as crazy as her mother, there's no one here but me." he yelled, Methos stopped him actually hitting Katla, but the growl from Fahr was enough of a warning to stop him trying again.

"Shhh, it’s OK," Katla didn't even seem to notice the assault. She held out a hand and stroked Xander's face. "Now what are you? You feel like a cat, but not quite. It is safe here," she reassured Xander again.

The young man made a growling sound in the back of his throat and Katla answered in kind.

"Uncle Methos, there's a Hyena spirit in there, and he was told to hide. That’s why he's been so nasty to Mama; he was scared she'd see him and then he’d be in trouble."

Xander flushed, and shot a quick look at Giles who was busy cleaning his glasses

"Oh dear," was all that Giles could say.

Katla was still 'talking' in whatever language the spirit spoke, and Buffy wanted to laugh as Xander nuzzled against Katla's hand.

"No, I wouldn't do that if I were you, Fahr gets jealous." she said quite clearly in English.

Fahr cocked his head and studied Xander closely. “Nothing to be jealous of. He has already chosen his mate. Now all he needs to do is acknowledge it.”

Buffy turned burning emerald eyes on Giles. “Do you know what Katla means, about the spirit being told to hide?”

Giles stuttered and stammered, removing his glasses to polish them, and staring at the floor. “Well, ummm, right... it was like this...”

Willow glared at Giles and spoke over top of his stuttering. “It was a couple of years ago. Xander and a few others at the high school were possessed by hyena spirits.” She closed her eyes and sighed softly. “I’m not sure who instigated it, but they ate the principal.”

"That wasn't me," Xander protested.


Giles stammered some unintelligible words.

"What did you do, Watcher?" Haakon demanded.


Giles had never heard his voice so cold, it actually sent shivers up his spine. "When it was over, there was a lot of upset. I thought, it was for the best you understand..." He was trying to excuse himself.


"Xander tried to rape me," Willow said, her voice catching with unshed tears. Tara gripped her hand tightly, offering what comfort she could.


Fahr stared hard at the young man and shook his head. "No, He didn't. The spirit was trying to show you how strong a mate he would have made for you. But the idiot watcher told him to hide, to pretend it had never happened."


"You fucking idiot," Elvara shouted. She rarely swore. The words echoed around the room. She was furious. "You left a traumatized, vulnerable youth without any training."


Giles blustered again. "We got rid of the demon. It was gone."


Buffy shook her head in disbelief.


Draco was the one who spoke, "Once a demon has controlled a human like that, that you need someone with the power of a God or Goddess to completely clear it out. Which God did you ask to help? Because I know it wasn’t me or any of my kin." He turned to Xander. "Did you taste the human flesh?" he demanded.


Xander shook his head, still holding Katla's hand. The young woman was stroking it, soothing the obviously scared man.


"Well that's a relief, at least." Draco muttered as if to himself. He stalked over to Xander and grabbed a handful of the young man’s hair, yanking his head back so he could stare into his eyes. “Well well ... not gone at all are you little one.” He gently pried Katla’s hand away from Xander’s and motioned for her to move back. “Now, if you had asked when this first happened, it would have been possible to remove the demon. However, too much time has passed, and it... pardon, HE... has integrated himself into this young man’s psyche. Not completely, but enough so that any attempt at removal would render the young man a mental vegetable.” Draco released Xander’s hair and stepped back, shaking his head.

Xander bolted up from his chair and ran over to where Spike was standing, squeezing in behind him, so he was hiding. “Don’t let him do that to me Spike. Please...” Xander whined low in his throat, pleading.

Buffy reached over and took Xander’s hand. “He won’t, not without your permission Xander.”

“They say curiosity killed the cat, but...” Fahr paused and shook his head. “Why did he choose Spike to run to for protection?”

“Oh that’s easy, he sees Spike as a pack brother, an older sibling.” Katla said. "He's been treating us all like pack since the beginning, Mama he's not sure about, is she Alpha or intruder? It's left him completely confused. Nordlys is obviously old enough to start thinking about taking a mate, so he kept showing off, and the males are all higher in rank than him. It's easy."

"Only if you speak Hyena Katla and not many people do," Nordlys pointed out helpfully.

“Big brother huh? Well isn’t that neat.” Spike said with a chuckle. “Guess this means I have more family than I figured.”

Xander whimpered with relief as he was accepted by the vampire.

"But he's going to need training, a lot of training." Draco continued.

Katla went to move to the young man's side again but Fahr grabbed her and sat her on his knee. She didn't even notice when his arm changed into a paw to hold her down.

Haakon growled at the sight of his beautiful daughter sitting on a man's lap, but Elvara just smiled, it was nice to see him so protective.

"There's a few of us here that are used to living with a demon inside us, we’ll help him," Spike told the Elder God.

"See that you do," he instructed before turning to stare at Giles. "And you watcher? What's your excuse for your stupidity? And what other moronic decisions have you made?"

Giles swallowed hard. He wanted to remove his glasses and polish them, he didn't think it would stop the man in front of him getting scales on his skin; they weren't marks on his lenses they really were there.

" As fascinating as all this is, we're going to need all the information the council had just to see what other time bombs are waiting for us out there," Buffy sounded exasperated. She ran her fingers through her hair.

"Mora, you there?" she seemed to be addressing thin air.

She was answered by a giggle as a woman appeared from a blinding light. "You called cousin?"