Author's Chapter Notes:
We are getting close to the end! (I think)

Thanks to Jamies_Lady for all her help, prodding and badgering *grin*
Buffy smiled at the bubbly blonde that had manifested in her kitchen. “Yes, cousin. I called. We need to know what you gleaned from the twisted minds of those idiots.”

Mora giggled, causing every man in the room to flush and squirm. “You know my price cousin.”

Giles pulled of his glasses and stammered, “Price?”

Draco laughed a deep booming sound. “Little Sparkle, take care. Most here are in committed relationships.”

Mora pouted for a moment, and then she walked over to Richie and ran a finger down the side of his face. “I’ve never tasted one of his kind before. And it seems he has much to learn.” With that said, she vanished... taking the young immortal with her.

Haakon grinned at Elvara who was laughing loudly.

"I had better get some pain relief in for him," she commented.

Methos smirked, "I wonder how long he'll be missing for? Any bets?"

Xander looked at Spike who just shrugged. He had no more idea what had happened than the whelp did. All the vampire knew was that Buffy didn't seem too bothered by the apparent kidnapping.

"My niece is the personification of sensual love and sexual pleasure. All that will happen is that Richie will come back far more experienced than he left." Draco reassured the worried men.

Buffy grumbled, and then shouted. “And the information? Don’t make me come after you!”

A shower of pink sparkles danced across the island counter, leaving behind a rolled up parchment and the heady scent of roses in full bloom.

Buffy scowled at the overwhelming scent. “Trust Mora to soak the information in rosewater.” She scooped up the roll and tapped it against her opposite palm. Her attention was pulled from the roll, to the far corner of the kitchen, where the woman they had brought back with them had wedged herself up against a curio cabinet. “Elvara, we need to do something about her. Preferably before she passes out.”

Elvara nodded and took a couple of deep breaths. The whole atmosphere lightened considerably.

Moving slowly she approached the terrified woman. "Pamela, isn't it?" she asked softly.

The woman nodded.

"My name's Elvara. You are safe here. I know it looks scary." she held out her hand, taking her time.

"My baby," Pamela said, holding her hand over her abdomen. "They said it wasn't normal. They wanted to hurt my baby."

"No one here is going to hurt a child. I promise." Elvara gently touched the swollen stomach.

"I bet his father was very good looking, blond haired and green eyed"

Pamela nodded slowly, "How did you know?" she asked.

"Liosalfa, a light elf. He would have been very protective of you. What happened to him?"

Buffy tried to come nearer but Spike heard the woman's heart start to race and shook his head.

"I don't know," Pamela whispered. "They said I had to work in the offices or they wouldn't let me have anything to eat. I tried to escape."

Elvara wrapped her arm around the woman; rocking her back and forth.

Draco tapped his fingers against his chin, a thoughtful expression on his face. “I wonder...” Reaching out he snatched the scroll from Buffy and unrolled it, skimming it swiftly, looking for anything that might confirm his hunch. “Thought so.” He re-rolled the scroll with a decisive nod and walked over to where Elvara and Pamela were standing. He placed one finger beneath Pamela’s chin and raised her eyes to his own. “The child you carry, under my protection it is from this day forth.” A loud clap of thunder followed his words, proclaiming his oath. Turning to Elvara he said, “Take her upstairs to the Spring Room. She needs to sleep and heal.” Dropping his hand, Draco smiled at Pamela before walking back over to where Buffy was standing.

Nodding, Elvara started to help Pamela out of the room, when the young woman’s legs collapsed out from under her.

Haakon moved swiftly and scooped her up into his arms. “Lead on My Lady. I will follow.”

Seeing the distress in Pamela’s eyes, Elvara spoke to her softly. “He won’t hurt you, nobody here will hurt you.” She left the kitchen, followed by Haakon and the woman in his arms.

Joyce tried not to let her grin show. "Well we all know who the baby's Godfather will be now. And heavy on the God part."

"Going to tell me what that was about?" Buffy asked, absentmindedly stroking Spike's arm.

"Later, when Elvara is back." Draco said in the sort of voice that brooks no argument.

"Grandfather, is it safe for us to go back to the Mews?" Nordlys asked the Elder God.

"Go on child, you and your sister both. Take Dawn with you. Fahr and Wolf will stay with you." He kissed the three girls on the head before watching them walk back through the gardens. "They all grow up so quickly," he muttered.

Willow and Tara were speaking quietly with Xander, the boy still apologising to his friend. Tara left them to it, she knew she wasn’t needed.

Anya had been busy handing round drinks and the young witch went to help.

"Anya, can you explain about the family? I'm getting confused to who is related to who." Tara asked quietly.

Anya looked across at Buffy, who nodded, before turning back to talk to Draco. She handed Tara a cup of tea and commandeered one of the small sofas. "It's not hard, but it takes a minute. When the elder gods ruled, Draco became fascinated by the way the humans were developing, families and children. He asked the High Priestesses at his temple to consider carrying a child for him. Two agreed."

"Two? You mean he has another child somewhere?" Tara looked astounded.

"No, he doesn't. The two were identical twins, and sacred because of it. They looked a lot like Elvara does, but with lighter, more blonde hair. One was as gentle as a shower, as they used to say. The other was all fire and brimstone. Buffy's mother. When she became pregnant Draco offered her immortality, but she wouldn't leave her sister. So they raised Buffy between them for the first few years. And temple guardsmen were chosen to help protect them, they became the Soturi. With me so far?" Anya took a sip of her tea.


Tara nodded. "All clear so far."

"Buffy's aunt was needed to carry the next High Priestess. One of the guards volunteered for the job. Her line goes down to Elvara." Anya said with a chuckle.

"So Elvara is really related to Buffy?" Tara asked softly

"Yep, and about as close as you can be. The world was becoming too much for the Elder Gods, Chaos and destruction were making way for order, so they called the younger Gods into being. Mora is one of those, literally Cousin to Buffy." Anya shook her head with a wry grin.

"And Buffy has been keeping watch on her aunt's family ever since?" Tara looked thoughtful.

"Ever since. She would adopt kids that had been badly treated, or threatened, abused. Hence Methos and Joyce." Anya said with a pointed look at the two she had named.

"We heard about Joyce in Sunnydale." Tara reminded the ex-demon.

Anya nodded slowly. "When Helga and Hrolf were killed, Elvara wasn't even six years old. So Buffy looked after her as well. Helga knew she wouldn't live to see her child grow up and had asked Methos to protect her. Elvara calls him Papa when he nags her."

Tara looked at Anya, "How do you know all this?" she asked, a little unsure.

"Because as soon as Draco appeared in front of me, all my powers were returned. He is a God after all." Anya said with a smirk.

“Does this mean you are a demon again?” Tara asked eyes wide.
Anya opened her mouth to respond, but was interrupted by a wicked laugh coming from behind her. “She never stopped being a demon, her powers were simply bound.” Draco said, reaching out to ruffle Anya’s hair. “If she had been made human again, she would have aged roughly 1100 years in the span of a heartbeat. We couldn’t allow that.”

“You mean I could have died?!” Anya gasped in outrage.

“Unfortunately, yes. “ Draco said with a shrug. “But you didn’t, seems Mora claimed you as hers long before D’Hoffryn got his claws into you.”

“Explains why she’s so forthright about sex.” Spike said as he joined the trio.

“So what explains her desire for oodles of cash?” Xander said as he knelt on the floor beside Anya’s seat.

“Oh that’s simple. She’s been poor, and hated it.” Buffy said, wrapping an arm around Spike. “So she determined she would never be that again.”

"Nor will she ever be," Buffy added. "You have done great service to My Cousin. Service for which she thanks you. And she asks if you would continue by guiding the future head of the council while he learns his new skills."

"I would be most honoured, Buffy. But I don’t think I could teach Giles much." Anya looked stunned at the woman's words.

"Not the present head child, the future one." Buffy looked towards Draco, "Have I said too much Father?" she asked with a grin before looking pointedly at Xander.

Xander blinked in confusion, looking from Buffy to Anya and back to Buffy. He lowly started shaking his head, not in denial, but hoping to rattle some sense out of what he had heard. “You mean...? How? Why!?”

Buffy laughed the tinkling sound sending shivers down Spike’s back. “Yes Xander, you... in the fullness of time. It is my decision after all. As for why... that’s easy. Being as you are, with who your mate is, you won’t fall into the same idiocy as the former defunct heads did.” She smiled over at Giles. “And you will have a good man to guide you, train you, and make you read books!”

Draco laughed, “And Anya to keep him line!” Laughter filled the room, loud, raucous and real. It relieved the tensions far quicker than anything else could of.

Elvara smiled at the sound, as she came back into the kitchen to make a cup of herb tea for Pamela. When she took it back upstairs, the young woman looked at it suspiciously. "You'll find this soothes you, and eases the sickness. Can you tell me about the father?" Elvara asked

"We met when I was out walking a friend's dog. He was amazing. Tall, blond, with piercing green eyes. We talked almost nonstop and within a month he'd moved in with me. Then one night these men broke down our door and dragged us both out and to that place. I found out I was pregnant when I was there. Ashlin loved the idea of children. And he never knew." Pamela started crying again. "They made me work in the filing rooms, or they'd hurt me and the baby. I didn't mind about me, but I couldn't let anything happen to Ashlin's child. It was all that was left of him. They said they'd killed him."

"Light elves aren't so easy to kill," Elvara said almost to herself. "I wonder??"

“You mean he might still be alive?” Pamela asked hope warred with anxiety in her eyes. “Was he in one of the cells?”

“We didn’t find any elves in the holding cells, but I know someone who could find out where he is.” Elvara said with a gentle smile. “I’ll go and ask him. You need to get some rest, for your sake as well as for the little one.” Elvara stood up and moved towards the door. “You are safe here, safer than anywhere else you can imagine.” She gently closed the door behind her and headed back to the kitchen.

Hurrying back down stairs, she flashed Haakon with a beaming smile. "Guard her, My Soturi. She carries a light elf child in her body."

Haakon nodded once before taking his place outside the door.

Draco shot his head up as Elvara came into the room. "Princess?" he asked.

Elvara hurried across kneeling in front of the Old One. "Great Lord, I ask a boon of thee." In five thousand years it was only the third time one of the priestesses had ever requested a true favour from him. Elvara looked up into the God's face, before bowing her head again. “My Lord, I have served your family all my life. I took the mantle on when I was only five years old."

Giles gulped, she had been so young?

"I have served to the best of my ability. I ask a boon of you. The woman we saved carries the child of a true warrior of the light. She fears he is dead. The boon I ask, could you please search for the child's father, and bring him here, if it is possible.”

Draco looked down at the woman kneeling in front of him, his eyes sparking with ill-hidden mischief. “What a sight this is...” he dropped his hand and gently ran it over Elvara’s head. “Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve had a beauteous woman kneeling at my feet?” He grinned lasciviously, “I can think of a few things you can do while you are down there.”

“Father!” Buffy shouted, half laughing half outraged. “Rein in your libido long enough to answer her.”

Draco turned his head and winked at Buffy. “Forgive an old man for attempting to relive a few treasured memories.” He turned back to Elvara, “The cost of this boon will be high. It will mean giving up that which is precious to you.”

Elvara looked up into the eyes of the Elder God. She trusted him, body and soul. With tears in her eyes, she nodded. "Haakon?" she asked so quietly, it was hard to hear her. "I know he's not mine to keep? Or my own life? My daughter is so much older than I was when my parents were killed."

“The price is this, a child... a son. Born to thee and sired by your Soturi. He will be dedicated to me at his birth, and will become mine to train when he reaches the age of 6 years.” Draco raised Elvara to her feet and placed a gentle kiss on her brow.

"Will I see him again?" she asked as she nodded her head. It was a dream come true to give Haakon a son, but to lose him at such a young age would break her heart.

"Every day, Child. Just like Buffy saw her mother. Just because I train him doesn't mean that I will take him from you. The Soturi need new blood, new leadership. Alun proved that. And who better than the acknowledged son of the High Priestess and her Soturi?"

Elvara leaped to her feet and kissed Draco deeply. "Thank you," she whispered breathlessly.

Buffy sniffed and looked around for a tissue. Cassie passed her one.

"What about that scene has all the women so emotional?" Giles asked Joyce as she wiped her eyes as well.

"It's unheard of for a Soturi to be named as the father of a child. It's a sort of known thing, but the Priestess wasn't supposed to have just one man in her bed, or her heart. Draco has just told Elvara that Haakon and she have permission to stay in a monogamous relationship, officially."

“Well, it looks like we are going to need a bigger house.” Buffy stated with a laugh. “The mews house is defiantly not big enough, nor will this one be for long.” She turned to Willow and Tara, “How would you two like to finish your education here in England?”

“Is that even possible?” Willow said with an excited gleam in her eyes.

Anya snorted and shook her head. “Of course it’s possible. Lady Elizabetta can make anything happen.”

“Oh the joys of nobility.” Methos said with an exaggerated grin on his face.

"The joys of money, more like," Buffy grinned. "How about fine arts, Tara?"

The witch nodded, "I'd love that,"

"And Computer Sciences, Willow?"

Elvara grinned. "Joy, how do you think Dawn would like to go to Queen E's?"

"I couldn't afford that! It's the best boarding school in Europe." Joyce looked between Buffy and Elvara.

"Is that the only reason she is going to a public school in America?" Buffy asked.

Joyce nodded.

"You should have told me child. I would have happily paid. Well, I will now. Elvara get on the phone. Tell Mary and Wyatt we’re coming in. Then call the head and see if they've got a spare place. If Dawn doesn't want to board, even weekly, she can go in by helicopter every day. Its how Nordlys and Katla get there at the beginning of term anyway." Buffy started to make notes.

Giles stared at Buffy. "Queen E's?" he asked

"Queen Ethelberga's in York. It's where Joyce and I went to school. Buffy, I'll call the stables and ask them to send another mount for Dawn. I'm sure she'd want to have a horse there, my girls have."

"And the University of Lancaster for the witches." Said Buffy with a smirk.

"Can I ask where we're headed, pet?" Spike asked as he watched the interplay carefully.

"Quernmore, it’s a huge Georgian mansion Buffy owns in Lancashire. There are stables, a swimming pond, and cottages on the estate for those of you who aren't used to communal living," Elvara looked pointedly at Giles, before talking into the phone.

Spike’s lower jaw dropped open and a look of shock flashed through his eyes. He remembered Quernmore Park from his days as a human. He had heard about the parties held there, but had never been invited to any of them, due to his father’s demise. "Quernmore? When did you buy that?" he asked, intrigued at the thought of finally visiting one of the most beautiful houses in Lancashire.

"Buy it? Mother had it built for her in the late fourteen hundreds, then had it redesigned a few times," Joyce said with a smile. "Do you still have the horses there?"

Buffy nodded. "And I have one of the few approved breeding stallions outside of the Netherlands."

“What kind of horses?” Tara asked quietly.

“Giant black monstrosities...” Draco muttered under his breath and casting a wary look at Buffy.

“I breed Friesian horses, have done so for years.” Buffy said with a shrug. Turning to Draco she smirked. “And it’s not their fault that you are scared of them.” "If you hadn't annoyed Epona that time she wouldn't have made you impotent. You know how protective she is of her horses."

Draco shrugged, it was a fair point.

"I like Friesians," Tara said, "I've always wanted to ride one,"

"Buffy has hundreds of the monstrosities. I'm sure she can find you one that will behave."

“Hardly hundreds, a few dozen at most.” Buffy laughed. “And they all behave like the ladies and gentlemen that they are.”

Elvara hung up the phone and turned to Buffy. “Mary will inform the staff of our arrival, and Wyatt is going to find a lad for Dawn to ride.” She grinned and continued, “Mary is in a right tizzy, she didn’t even know you were in country until just now.”

Buffy closed her eyes and shook her head. “I’m in for it now. She’s going to go on a rant at me.”

Elvara just grinned, "You promised to visit next time you were in Europe, buy her a nice something for her greenhouse and tell her it was a surprise visit."

"I think that's how she gets most of her orchids," Buffy laughed. "Don’t forget to inform the Foreign Office you are changing addresses. They'll want to increase security in the area." she reminded Elvara.

Giles looked from Buffy to Elvara and back, a puzzled frown on his face. “Why would the Foreign Office need to increase security? Is there something you aren’t telling us?”

Elvara looked quite uncomfortable for a few moments, and Spike could hear the rise in her heart rate.

"Technically they have to know where my sister is living, she is, after all a reigning monarch to her people." Joyce said with a nonchalant shrug.

Giles just stood there, blinking in shock, his mind having gone utterly blank. He looked on the verge of passing out, but was saved by Xander’s loud exclamation. “Holy Frijoles Batman! I was insulting a queen?!?!”

Technically a supreme holiness, like the Dali Lama or the pope," Buffy said, as she went back to reading the parchment her cousin had left. "But yes, you were."

"Am I supposed to bow or something?" Willow whispered to Tara.

"I think we curtsy," Tara whispered back.

Draco turned his ebon eyes on Xander. “You seem quite concerned about the insults you paid to Elvara, but...” and here something flashed in his eyes, “you seem to have forgotten the insults you paid to the daughter of one who can and will eat you as a mid morning snack.”

Spike chuckled, “How’s your cholesterol levels? Snacking on Xander could send them into orbit.” That was enough to send everyone else into howls of laughter and leave Xander cringing in embarrassment.

Draco reached over and ruffled Xander's hair, making the man preen under his touch.

Spike just looked around the room, taking note of the atmosphere. Buffy seemed tired, more so than usual.

"You OK, Pet?" he asked as he leaned over her shoulder to read the papers her cousin had left,

"Fine, I just can't believe the idiocy of the council...They have been experimenting with mixing demon species, even those that are incompatible, misusing magic, they even tried to tap into the power of a couple of Hell mouths. And they've been trying to find a Key to the Gateways, to open up other dimensions. It's a wonder any of them survived the last few years. I am going to have to keep a far better eye on the new council."

"Well hopefully they won't be so stupid," Giles commented.

Buffy quirked one eyebrow at Giles. “I’m sure you won’t be.” She stated before going back to reading the parchment.

Giles’ mouth dropped open and his eyes looked like they were about to fall out of his head. “Whaa...?

Joyce smirked at his expression, "Don’t worry dear, You'll have a direct line to a few Gods for when you try and screw up, I'm sure they'll keep you on the straight and narrow."

Spike burst out laughing, "Just think about all those books, Watcher. They'll keep you busy."

"And I think you and I should take over training the new Slayers in combat techniques for a few years," Buffy said, as she looked straight at Spike. "Teach them the difference between the different kinds of demons."

It was Xander's turn to laugh, and he spluttered something that sounded suspiciously liked "Whipped."

“Wh...Where is Haakon?” Tara asked with a small stutter. “Shouldn’t he be here too?”

Draco snapped his fingers, “Knew I forgot something!” He clasped his hands together and they started to glow. When he pulled them apart... a shimmering portal formed in the middle of the kitchen.

Anya actually whimpered when she saw the handsome man who appeared.

Buffy grinned at Spike as the elf scented the air. She leaned over and whispered in his ear, “Remind you of anyone?”

"Pamela?" he sniffed again. "Pamela," he shouted as he raced out the room.

Spike could hear him racing through the house, calling for his mate. “Did a Lord of the Rings reject just run through here?”

“Nah, just your twin,” Xander said with a laugh. “You know, if you had pointy ears, and were a natural blonde.”

“Hey! It is natural!” he exclaimed, causing everyone else to burst out laughing.

“About as natural as Buffy's.” Draco ducked as his daughter threw him a filthy look, grateful it wasn't something sharper.

Haakon arrived to find the whole family laughing and joking, Elvara's face broke into the most amazing smile the minute she saw him.

“Haakon, rakkauteni, mieheni,” she whispered softly as she held onto him.

Haakon looked shocked. “Lady, you must not speak so,” he said looking worriedly at Draco.

The God grinned, “I'll leave you two to talk. I've got a few idiots to take care of.” And with that he vanished from sight.
Cassie smirked as he vanished. “Draco going to play?” she asked as she started to round up the occupants of the room.

“Yup!” Buffy said, popping the ‘p’. “As to where he went,” she chuckled. “He’s having a blast. Seems the council tossed the elven warrior into a portal. Father is simply dealing with the miscreants who were holding the elf captive. Seems like they didn't check what they'd got hold of. White elves have been known to destroy worlds to recover one of their own," Buffy explained to a confused looking Tara and Xander.
“Good job Elvara offered herself for him then, I wouldn't want to see this ...” Xander slowed down as the warrior turned to face him

“You did what, My Lady?” His voice cold and hard, causing Elvara's heart rate to increase and a wave of fear flow from her.
Spike growled, but the Soturi wouldn't be intimidated. "She offered her life for the Lord of the Rings reject a minute ago," The vampire said.

Haakon looked over at the vampire, before wrapping Elvara more tightly in his arms to hold her close. "You should have offered my life, not yours," he whispered.

"I could never lose you, never." Elvara told him, her love reflected in her eyes.
“And you think I could lose you. Lady you are my heart and soul. If I could I would proclaim it before the world, just how much I love you.”

“That's what I wanted to talk to you about.” Elvara took a deep breath. “Draco has decreed my future. Our future.”

Although Spike was being hustled out of the room, he could feel the tension in the air.

“What has the Divine One ordered? What price did he demand for his aid?”

“The best of demands,” Elvara looked up at the warrior with tears in her eyes. “He, he...” her voice broke with emotion.

Haakon shook, as he waited for the news to be given to him.

Anya took pity on the couple. “He wants you to knock Elvara up and dedicate your acknowledged son to him, when he's born. He will teach him to be a true warrior for the light.”

“He wants me to give you a son for him to raise?” Haakon asked hopefully. Then the rest of Anya's words sank in and he yelled at the top of his voice. “An acknowledged son? For Truth, My lady?”

“For truth, I have been told I can. Just you and me, acknowledged by all. And we will raise our son; he just wants to train him.” Elvara started crying. It was all her dreams and hopes come true.
Draco appeared back in the room with a very self-satisfied look on his face and licking his lips.

"Well that will save having to feed him later," Anya joked as she finally managed to drag Xander out of the door. “I want to stay and listen too, but we can go and have orgasms now if you leave them alone,” she hissed.

Draco looked between his daughter and Elvara. “She told the lad then?” he asked unnecessarily.

Buffy nodded as she leaned back against Spike.

The vampire took the opportunity to nuzzle into her. "You smell good enough to eat," he told her with a smile.

“It's a true reward for you both, You will be mother and father to the new Soturi, Your first born son will lead them with honour and he will live for many many years. Child, come here," he ordered.

Elvara obeyed instantly. “I'm please that my line is of value to you,” she said as she went to kneel at the Dragon-God's feet.
"It is not your line that is precious. It is you. You are family to Buffy and to me; but we should acknowledge it more often. You work for us, keep our homes, and ask for so little in return. Know that you are blessed above all others," He held out his arms to her.

With a sob Elvara ran into them. Draco lifted her chin and looked into her eyes; he could see the pain in them, and the fear. "Haakon is not Alun. He will not leave you, nor will he ever abuse you as that man did. You will give him sons and daughters and when the time comes to leave this world you will both come and live in mine. You will never be parted, my precious niece." He motioned Haakon closer and when the warrior came close enough he grasped the man’s left wrist in his hand. Setting Elvara back from him, he grasped her left wrist in his other hand. “Let this be a sign, to all who would question, a bond set in the soul, forged by divine power.” He winked at Elvara, causing her to giggle. “Let any who dispute this bond, be brought to face me.” As he spoke the words, silver and ebon flames twined themselves around the wrists he was holding, forming an intricate tattoo, each a mirrored reflection of the other.

Buffy sniffed deeply causing Spike to chuckle. “Come on, Pet. Let's leave them to their privacy,” he suggested.

Buffy nodded and allowed her lover and love to lead her to her room.