Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay, I got another chapter finished! Please review! Right now, I'm at seven.
Spike and Buffy walked in the door, laughing. “What’s so funny?” Dawn asked.

“Oh, we were just talking about this really ugly demon I fought earlier,” Buffy replied as she walked to the window. “By the way, why are you still awake?”

Dawn and Clem looked up from the television, realizing it was nearly two o’ clock. Slumping over with an exaggerated sigh, Dawn agreed to go to bed. In reality, she was glad to go. Since there was never anyone to watch her except for Buffy (who always made her go early), she was used to it.

Dawn was stopped when Buffy said, “Wait! There’s that same demon! No, there’s two of them!” Everyone rushed to the window.

“Um, I think they’re mad at you,” Dawn said, basing her guess on the even more than usual anger on their faces, and the way they were staring straight at Buffy as they walked toward the apartment.

With another silent look, Buffy and Spike ran downstairs after grabbing their weapons. Buffy chose the scythe all the Slayers had used during the final battle, because it still felt like it was hers. Meanwhile, Spike got one of his favorites, the same sword Buffy had used earlier that night.

Once downstairs, they each took on one of the demons. Buffy’s took a kick to the gut while Spike’s got his arm chopped off right away. They were both distracted as they watched his arm grow back, and the arm grew a body. Buffy got knocked to the ground, but barely even noticed. ‘That can’t be good,’ she thought.

“Buffy!” Spike yelled. “Go get the phone and call the other Scoobies, at least the ones that are nearby!”

Buffy did as she was told and sprinted to the phone upstairs, not wanting to leave Spike alone in a fight that was impossible to win. She called all of the Scoobies, since they had all gotten back from missions about a week ago. They all agreed to come to a meeting after she told them a short version of what was happening- short meaning without telling them about Spike.

Giles was the first to arrive, since he had a house just a few blocks away. He brought about ten different books, from demon encyclopedias to spell books, and dropped them all when he saw Spike. However, he hurried to pick them up, deciding that explanations could wait until later. Giles hoped that it wasn’t something Willow had done. She was, truly, a goddess, meaning she didn’t have to worry about the consequences quite as much, but if she had decided to bring the dead back again, he didn’t think he could handle it. He scooted around the fight to the safety of a set of stairs and started skimming a spell book.

Willow came just as Giles found the spell he was looking for and went upstairs to get the ingredients. He said a casual, “Hello,” to Dawn and Clem. Everyone was used to weird demons and the apocalypse that came every year- they just hoped this wasn’t one of the apocalypse ones.

Willow had basically the same reaction to Spike that Giles had, minus the books. She just stood with her mouth hanging open before scooting around to the stairs. She sat down and quickly found the demon they were looking for in one of the tomes. It said this particular demon was a “Infrita” demon, which Willow thought sounded sort of like a girl’s name. It had the information they already knew, like that it grew back whatever it lost, but it didn’t say how to kill them.

Soon, Giles returned, and he told Spike and Buffy to try to force the demons back into the cemetery, into a crypt or something, where they wouldn’t be noticed once people woke up and started on their way to work. It took about half an hour, but they finally succeeded. The cemetery was close enough to see from the apartment, so Giles had Willow do the containment spell he had found. When she finished, a visible barrier was created, making a magical cage around the Infritas. Spike and Buffy went back to the house, tired from the fight. Xander had arrived while they were gone, and had been warned about Spike ahead of time. Otherwise, he probably would have staked him right then and there, because he was mad that someone he hated so much could come back, and the love of his life couldn’t. As it was, he was going to take a very long time to get used to having him around again.

Willow and Giles explained the spell they had used, saying it would last for 24 hours. Then, Buffy told everyone how Spike was back. Stories were shared once more, and then they got down to business.

It was time for a classic research party. Xander, Willow, and Buffy had a sudden longing for the high school research, so they all went to a library that was a few streets down. Apparently, this town had early-opening and late-closing places everywhere. It wasn’t really like high school, though, because Cordelia and Oz weren’t there, and it wasn’t the high school (was that place really destined to be destroyed every time it was built?). There was one good difference, though- Spike was there. The group of five spent hours sitting, fidgeting, and researching, except for Spike, who kept standing up and pacing.

After several hours, someone finally spoke up. “I found something!” Willow yelled, then immediately blushed and started whispering when the librarian glared at her. “The good news is, you can kill them. The bad news is, there has to be exactly 50 of them to do the spell. So, you would have to be able to handle that many and then be able to count them, she said with a glum look on her face. Then, she perked up. “Oh! We could keep all of them except for one in that holding spell, so you can keep track of them until we can do an incinerating spell.”

“Sounds good to me,” Buffy and Spike said at the same time.