Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I posted late, but I'm hoping I will have the next chapter posted by Thanksgiving or the day after. Please review, and thanks to those of you who reviewed the first chapter!
Chapter 2

Angel and the others walked out of the hospital, amazed at the job they had done.

“I’ve survived another apocalypse! There’s no way I’m giving up my girl, especially not to that wanker, the Immortal! I’m goin’ to Rome!” Spike said, muttering to himself. However, Angel was close enough to hear him.

“She’s not your girl, and if you’re going to Rome, I’m going with you!” he exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes and several complaints from Spike later, they were all on a plane headed to Italy (since Gunn and Illyria had no where else to go), heavy blankets packed away, in case the sun decided to come up while they were flying.

As it turned out, the flight was uneventful, except for one time when the flight attendant came by. She was trying to hand Angel some water (he couldn’t exactly ask for blood, after all), and she tripped over Spike. She fell on his lap and spilt water all over Angel’s. It ended up with the poor girl having a face that was a brighter red than you have ever seen, Spike laughing hysterically, and Angel looking like he had wet his pants.

Other than that, nothing interesting happened, and soon, all four were asleep. When the plane came down, they finally woke up, pleased to see that it was not quite sunrise yet. Gunn and Illyria made reservations at a hotel, wanting to avoid the scene that would take place when Buffy, Spike, Angel, and the Immortal met up. Meanwhile, Spike and Angel obviously went to Buffy’s apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were about to knock when the door opened to reveal Buffy standing there, holding Andrew by the back of his collar. He was dangling a foot off the ground.

“I thought I said I didn’t want you back in here?!” she said, half yelling. She was about to throw him out the door when she looked up and saw them standing there, looking amazed, confused, and curious all at once. Instead, she just dropped him, taking up an equally, if not more, amazed expression.

“Oh my God.” They couldn’t have told you which one said it, because they were all thinking the same thing, even Andrew. Angel and Spike had come to talk to Buffy, but they had never really expected to talk to her, nor had they thought about what they would say.

Buffy was staring at Spike. Andrew had told her everything he knew, but he didn’t say how Spike was alive… Or undead, whatever… Either because he didn’t know or because he didn’t want to say. Either way, Buffy couldn’t make herself believe that he wasn’t just part of her imagination. She walked around Spike, poking him, not believing he was real, and completely ignoring Angel. Spike thought of complaining about the poking, but decided he really didn’t care. After all, the love of his unlife was standing right next to him.

“How…” Buffy managed to squeak, but she couldn’t say anything more. However, everyone knew what she meant already.

“Long story short, luv, that amulet brought me back and some lunatic made me corporeal after I’d been a ghost for a while. As for what’s happened since then, a girl has died and her body was taken over by a hell goddess, Wesley died, and we averted another apocalypse.” Spike stopped his explanation to look at a wide- eyed, open- mouthed Buffy staring at him. Wanting to avoid long talks about what had happened in the past year, he quickly changed the subject. “So, what’s been happening to you?”

“Pretty much the same as you, minus all the dying.”

At a loss for words again, they sat there, gazing into each other eyes, both searching for some hint of the love they had shared just before Spike had dusted in the Hellmouth. Of course, Buffy found it right away, but Spike couldn’t be sure what it was that he saw. Then, Angel ruined their moment.

“No one’s gotten the Shanshu, either.” Then he muttered, “But I’m the one who deserves it, and I better get it.”

‘He just had to talk,' Buffy and Spike both thought.

“Well!” Buffy exclaimed, clapping her hands, not looking forward to talking about the stupid prophesy again. “Do you two have somewhere to stay?”

“Umm… Not exactly…” Spike and Angel murmured.

“Well, you can stay here, then. We have an extra room, now that Andrew’s moved out,” Buffy said, giggling to herself while thinking of Spike and Angel sharing a room. No doubt, they would rip each other’s heads off. She smiled as they glared at each other, also thinking of sharing a room.

“Hey, I need a room, too,” Andrew called from the floor.

“Go find a hotel, then,” Buffy replied, barely even noticing him as she led the other two into the house.

She left him laying there and soon slammed the door in his face, earning a muffled, “Hey!” from the hallway.

“Well, it’s not much, but I hope it’s okay for you two.” Buffy said, bringing them into the enormous guest room. It had two beds, but was otherwise bare. “Sorry about the lack of furniture, but you guys can put your stuff in here, since you probably don’t know when you’ll have somewhere else to stay.” Realizing she sounded like she didn’t want them there, she hurriedly added on, “Not that I mind you staying here, ‘cause I don’t. In fact, it’s great, and… Oh God, I’m babbling, aren’t I?”

Angel gave her an amused look, and Spike smirked. Seeing her blush, though, he decided to change the subject. “So, I noticed the Nibblet isn't here.” He said, more of a question than a statement.

“Oh, she’s at a friend’s house, but she’ll be back in the morning,” Buffy explained, ignoring Angel mouthing ‘Nibblet?’ Continuing, she said, “I’m sure Dawn will be happy to see you both.” Even though she said both, she was concentrating on Spike, knowing that he was one of Dawn’s favorite people.

“So I’ll just let you get situated. It’s been a long day, so I’m gonna go to bed,” she said, faking a yawn. Buffy wasn’t really tired, but she needed to think. She walked out of the room, leaving the vampires to their new room.