Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is a little choppy and explored the timeline a lot. Thanks for the reviews they always make my day so much better.

I love you all so much.... That sounded creepy stalker-ish, didn't it? ... I love all of you in a friend way, not in a creepy stalker way.
Chapter 12:

2002 Los Angeles:

Buffy pulled Spike to the couch and sat across from him on the coffee table. She had a long story to tell him and he was very anxious to see what had her all worked up and teary. Spike propped his foot across his knee and leaned back. His hands neatly folded on his lap.

“Spike… I missed you so much.” Buffy said.

“Err… You know we spoke last night, right?” Spike asked.

“No…” Buffy shook her head, “You left and I let you.”

“I’m still here…” Spike whispered.

“Shh…” Buffy warned, “We didn’t talk for four years. I was hurt so bad and I couldn’t believe that I have made the biggest mistake of my life. Then you called and said that you … loved me. And I knew that I loved you too!”

“I’m confused, Luv.” Spike said.

“I-It’s weird… I’m not done yet. Then Cordelia - Chrehalix - as she goes by in the vengeance demon world let me make a wish. I wished that I had went with you. I guess I did go with you kind of… You stayed so I stayed here with you…”

“You took a vengeance wish and came back in time to now?” Spike asked.

“Yeah…”

“Oh…” Spike said.

“And, Spike…”

“Yeah, Pet.”

“I think I love you.” Buffy said, there was an awkward silence and Buffy regretted telling him that. He didn’t reply.

“Let’s put in a movie, eh?” She asked.


The day before:

(Wolfram and Hart)

Wesley didn’t know for sure why his boss, Angel, wanted to see him, but he had an idea. Miss Summers. She seemed nice enough, at least until she help kick Angel’s ass. After Buffy had ran away he tried to speak to Angel about it, but Angel had locked himself in his office. Then, when Angel had left his office, he’d acted like nothing had happened. It wasn’t until a few hours later when seven suited men walked into Wolfram and Hart that Angel asked Wesley to join him.

Here he was sitting by a large desk opposite Angel and alongside the men that he’d never wanted to see again: Travers and the rest of the Watchers Council. They had been nice to him when he was a Watcher, but when his slayer died he got fired. They said he’d made a poor choice in sending Hannah out to fight a demon family. The Council were the ones who told him to send her to the demons underground home, he didn’t want Hannah to go. And, yet, he got fired for it. He vowed to never see them again.

But here they were beside him, acting like they’ve never seen him before. Wesley didn’t know what pissed him off more: the Watchers Council in the same room as him, or the fact that Angel wanted their help. He’d never wanted their help before.

But he didn’t say anything. Something deep within Wesley told him that they really needed the Watchers Councils help. Angel’s booming Irish accent interrupted Wesley from his thoughts.

“Have you all met Wesley?” Angel asked. Wesley received many glares and looks of disgust from his ex coworkers, but he ignored them.

“Unfortunately yes…” Quentin Travers said turning his gaze back onto the ensouled vampire, “The real question though, Angelus, is why you wish to do business with us. What would we want from a vampire?”

“It’s a simple trade, really. I’m sure your all aware of the Vampire Queen. You know the one that‘s been hiding for the past century and a half.” Angelus answered with a smirk. The suited men all looked at him, awaiting the negotiation, “And I know where she is.”

“The one that hasn’t made herself known. The very one that isn’t a problem to us at the moment.” Travers continued, “We have more important matters to deal with right now. The England Plague is striking fast and is at our heels in our council in Great Britain.”

Angel didn’t know what to say to this and how to make them get his Queen and kill her. Wesley stood up from his chair just in time and started to talk.

“The England Plague is simply a disease passed through vampires that only effects humans. It isn‘t spread by air, but rather blood and saliva. Humans can’t pass it on to other humans. Only vampires can pass it on. When a vampire kills a person with the disease they get it but they are unaffected. If they bite another person but keep them alive that person has the disease. The disease gets much stronger as the cycle goes on so the time before death gets much shorter. Vampires purposely leave the victims alive so that they can watch them suffer with the plague. It’s a terrible thing. .” Wesley said. All eyes were on him and he continued, “This happened long ago in what is now Romania… about 420 BC. That is why I know of it.”

“What is the cure, then?” Travers asked Wesley. Wesley shrugged.

“The only cure that I know of is death.” Wesley said. Travers and the other men nodded briefly. Travers stood up off the chair and made his way to Angel. They shook hands and he spoke.

“Now that we’ve given you that important information you need to do us a favor. The Queen Vampire is here in Los Angeles.” Angel said with a grin, “She’s probably at an apartment or hotel. And she’s probably with a bleached blonde vampire. You know him as William the Bloody.”

“William the Bloody is with the Queen Vampire?” Travers asked in awe. This was almost too easy. He’d get the Vampire Queen and the infamous William the Bloody all in one day. This was way too easy.

“I have a feeling that he’ll pressure her into acting like a Queen Vampire. The human race will fall with Spike leading the vampires.”

“Tell me one thing, Angelus…” Travers said, “The Queen Vampire is suppose to lead all the vampires into a rebellion against all humans, am I correct?”

At Angels nod he continued, “Why would you want to get rid of her? She’s the only chance at a vampire ruled world. It would seem that you would want to woo her into making you her second in command. Then, perhaps, persuading her into making you Queens Sire. You‘d control everything.”

Before Angel could answer a chubby man started to talk, “I think Ole’ Angelus is getting weak. I think he’s gone soft for the ‘weaker race’.” The man said, lightheartedly.

“I have not.” Angel argued.

“Is that why you go by Angel? Protector? Is that why you go around saving humans? Huh?” The chubby man chuckled.

“Your just making the Slayers job easier.” Travers added. Angel pushed back his anger and bad thoughts that consisted of ripping off the chubby mans head and then shoving it down Travers head. But he needed their help for what he had planned afterwards.

“Since another Queen will come along there is really no use to kill her. I say that we tell her she’s the slayer. -” Angelus would have continued, but a thin brunette man interrupted.

“Everyone knows that’s impossible. We would never be able to convince her that she is the Slayer.” Everyone was silent now, all were wondering where the soled vampire was going.

“We’ll say that she’s got a soul and that allows her to be a slayer. Tell her that she has a chance to redeem her life of sin. She’ll leave Spike and go with you, blinded with the thought of forgiveness. Trust me, she’s definitely gullible enough.” Angelus smirked, “… Persuade her. Become her friend. Then persuade her to leave Spike. Capture Spike, kill Spike. Lie to the girl. Once Elizabeth thinks that you guys can be trusted bring her to me. I have my plans for her.”

“You’ll keep her alive, though?” Travers asked.

“Of course. That’s the only way to make her fell what I’ve felt.” Angel finished, “She took something from me and now she will suffer.

Next day:

(Note: This is now the same day that Buffy told Spike the story and they are now watching a movie.)

Travers knocked on the door and stepped back in silence. He quickly went through all the things he had to do and say in his head. He lit up a smile as the door opened to reveal a small blonde.

“Hello?” She asked.

“Is it the damn Jehovah’s Witnesses?” A British voice came from inside the house. (No offence)

No doubt that that’s William the Bloody.

“Can I help you, sir?” The girl asked politely.

“Yes… Buffy Summer’s, I presume?”

“Whose asking?”

“I’m Quentin Travers. I work for a group of people called the Watchers Council. We are -”

“I already know who the Watchers Council are.” She said. She was starting to get a little scared. They probably already have a group of men around the building with crossbows and squirt guns with holy water in them. She looked over at Spike and motioned him next to her. He got off the orange couch and met her at her side.

“Travers…” Spike nodded while clenching his jaw.

“William the Bloody.”

“One and only.” Spike said. Buffy looked at the two men and realized that they knew each other. She didn’t know much about the Watchers Council but she knew for a fact that she didn’t like them.

“What do you want?” She asked coldly.

“Can I talk to you in private?” He asked as he motioned to the hallway with his hand. Buffy gave Spike an unsure kind of look.

“I’m coming too.” Spike said.

“Actually, Spike, It’s okay. I can handle myself.” She stepped out and Spike gave Travers a look that just screamed ‘you better watch what you do’. Then he shut the door.

Buffy heard the door shut behind her and then crossed her arms over her chest.

“What is so important that you feel you can interrupt ‘Daun Juan Demarco’, the best Johnny Depp movie made so far?”

“We have reason to believe that you, Buffy Summers, are the next Slayer.” Buffy’s armed dropped to her sides and her eyebrows furrowed.

“What?”

Meanwhile:

Spike moved his head back from the door.

((Buffy’s the Slayer? … What? That’s not true. Stupid Wankers.))

Spike threw the door opened and growled at Travers. Travers ignored this and started to speak

“Think about what I just said, Miss Summers.” Travers gave her a curt nod and then walked away.

“Spike? … I can’t be the slayer. I’m not… Why do they want me to think I am?”

“I have no bleedin’ clue, Pet.” Spike said. Buffy turned back to the apartment building and smiled.

“Come on, I don’t think we missed much of the movie.”

They walked back into the living room and joined each other on the couch. Today had turned out great despite all the bad things that happened.