Author's Chapter Notes:
I just wanted to remind people about the Queen Sire thing. Some may have forgotten (That was a long time ago when I explained it) but there's the Queen, Queens Sire, and the Master. They have the most power. They can order people around (Think of Ella Enchanted) Also, I know the whole zombie thing is very different than Angel season 4 but I needed to tweak it to my liking. Thanks. Enjoy. OH also these ** are mental conversations between two poeple (Spike and Buffy)
“Is it safe?” Buffy and Spike heard with their vampire hearing. It was Faith, she and Giles had just gotten back from patrol. Spike kissed Buffy’s forehead and then threw on his pants. He left the bedroom and walked through the living room to the front door. He unlocked it and then moved aside so the Slayer and Giles could come in. Giles walked past him, ignoring what caught Faith’s eye, “Yeah, you two must have had a good time.” Faith said, taking note of the twin holes in his neck and a bead of blood dripping down his chest. Without warning the woman entered Buffy’s room and joined her on her bed.

Giles took his place on the couch. Spike shut the door and locked it. Giles looked up at the tired vampire, “I’m guessing that you and Buffy had… intercourse?”

“And what told you that, Watcher?” Spike asked, clearly enjoying the older mans embarrassment.

“Erm…” Giles sat up strait and looked Spike in the eye, “I’ve known Buffy for a few years and I have started to care for her as a child. You’d best remember that. Don’t hurt her, God knows she’s been hurt enough.”

“I know, Rupes, I don’t intend to hurt her.” Spike looked at the shut door and smiled, “I definitely don’t intend to.”

“There’s something else.” Giles said, “Me and Faith took a little trip into Wolfram and Hart today, on the way back I was looking through some of the files that Faith and I… borrowed on the way home and I believe that there is a way that we can make Buffy human.”

Spike felt both happy and sad at the same time. Buffy had never liked being a vampire and if she had a second chance as a human she would gladly take it. Spike would be happy as long as she was. Humanity meant the world for her. Sunshine, growing old, real food to go through a real digestive system, being the essence of normality. That was what Buffy wanted and needed. That wasn’t Spikes world anymore. He wanted to stay a vampire for the rest of his life. It was the thrill, the power, the fact of knowing that you will always stay beautiful (manly of course). Spike didn’t want to give that up. Spike wanted to stay as a vampire with Buffy so they could spend eternity with eachother. Any path chosen would result in one or the others heart to get broken, “And this possibility, is it certain? No side affects that could actually kill her?”

“I believe that they were going to use it one Angelus. I don’t know when or for sure, but they had all the information on it. I’m sure that it would work. All she would need to do is drink a pint of the blood of the Hayell.”

“The Hayell? That’s extinct, has been for several HUNDRED years.”

“There is a way, it’s sold in the black market.” Giles said.

“This zombie demon… isn’t it’s blood toxic?” Spike asked.

“That’s the thing. This is where the pain comes in. The blood will kill her again. But, similar to a vampires re-birth, she will wake up human. The Hayell zombies blood has demonic chemicals that can reincarnate vampires into living humans. She wont remember anything, including you.” Spike looked over at Buffy’s door, wanting her to have a better life that he believe she earned he looked back at Giles.

She’ll have a normal life… Spike thought to himself, she can be with a normal man and have normal babies. She can grow old and play in the sun where she belonged. She could be what she never really had the chance to do…

“Do it.” Spike said, “Do whatever you need. But not until we take over Wolfram and Hart. We will need her help.”

“I also found some important information about them. If we get inside and cause a disturbance, then the windows and exit’s will be locked off.” Giles beamed, happy about this bit if info.

“What will we do to the people. You, the Slayer and Buffy have issues with killing.” Spike reminded.

“That’s where the other piece of information comes in. They’re all zombies.”

“Zombies?”

“Except for a few people, everyone there is just zombies.”

“So we blow the heads off of all the lawyers? Sounds like fun.” Spike said with a genuine smile, then his smile faded, “And about Buffy… Let’s do it after the fight.”

“That sounds wonderful.” Giles said, “And I thank you for not being selfish. She really deserves to live a human life.” Spike smiled weakly, starting to regret what he just agreed to do with Giles.

Spike got to Buffy’s room just as Faith was coming out.

“Nice job.” Faith said. She shut the door once Spike was in the room and Faith joined Giles on the couch.

“Hey, Elizabeth.” Spike smiled, joining her on the bed. He pulled her onto him, her head resting on his chest and her leg thrown over his.

“Spike.” Buffy said against Spike’s firm skin, “We need to hurry and take down Wolfram and Hart. Then Faith can go. She’s getting too nosy.” Spike chuckled into her hair.

“How about tomorrow?” Spike asked. Buffy leaned up and turned her face to Spike.

“Tomorrow?” She asked.

“Yeah… is it too soon. I’m just itchin’ to see Angelus dust in the wind.”

“Me too!” Buffy said, “Tomorrow it is.”

The two fell asleep quickly in each other’s arms. Meanwhile, in the living room, Giles and Faith were talking.

“So, did short, blonde and bad-ass agree?” Faith asked, Giles nodded.

“After the fight tomorrow I’m going to send you and Spike to get the Hayell blood.” Giles said, “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to use the bathroom.” Giles got off the couch and left the room. Faith took his place and moved around trying to get comfortable.

“Eh - Giles can sleep on the death-trap.” Faith said, pulling a throw cover off the arm of the couch and curling into a ball on the ground.

The next day Spike and Buffy got into their darkest clothes (Spike didn’t have much of a selection) and grabbed all the weapons around Buffy’s house that would work against a zombie Army. After that They piled into Giles car (Buffy and Spike hid under a thick cover where Spike’s hands were very naughty…) and drove to Giles home in Sunnydale. As Buffy found out, Giles owned this apartment and Faith lived with him. She had gotten kicked out of her Dad’s house when he caught her having sex with his poker buddy. Giles took her in, not wanting his Slayer to sleep on the streets. Giles owned this apartment until it burnt to the ground, which would happen in about three months (Authors note: remember, Giles and Faith still remember the future). After the fire they moved to the same complex as Buffy. Faith lived with him for a few days and then decided that she didn’t want people to think that she was with the ‘ancient’ man so she moved in with a hot young man a few apartments down. That’s when Giles met Buffy.

When they got to Giles’ apartment, Spike and Buffy gathered the usable weapons which included: two machetes, a few grenades, a nice ax that Faith called dibbs on. Giles and Faith went strait for their rooms to get in their dark outfits that were perfect for sneaking. Spike looked around up the stairs and made sure that the two weren’t coming. When he was certain that they were alone, Spike pushed Buffy against the wall and kissed her senseless. On instinct, Buffy wrapped her legs around him and pulled him closer to her. Spike was really close to throwing her onto the couch and having her then and there. A hand on his shoulder reminded him that that was near impossible, “Time to go, Horndog.” Buffy put her feet back onto the ground and smiled shyly, “There will be enough time for that after we kick the Lawyers assess.”

“Erm… Faith is right.” Giles said, almost as embarrassed as Buffy. Spike and Faith looked at eachother, smiling at the naivety of the Queen and Watcher. Buffy and Giles followed Spike and Faith out of the apartment into Giles small car.

A couple hours later they arrived to their destination: a few blocks away from the Law Firm. He nodded to a sewer entrance, “I’m sure that they know what you both look like” Giles said to Buffy and Spike, “So there’s no way you can enter through the front. And Faith and I can’t because member’s of the Watchers Council are in there. This is where me and Faith entered the other day. One of the tunnels leads to the only entrance and exit during a lockdown.”

When the digital clock on Giles’ car blinked 9:30, the four left the car and entered the sewer. They walked around for thirty minutes until Giles saw the specific hole in the ceiling. Once all four were out of the tunnels and in a closet that appeared to only hold toilet paper they went over their plan. Spike and Buffy would go to the front and start fighting. This would set off the lockdown. Giles had to assure Buffy that she wouldn’t be killing people. Once the lockdown started the people would turn into the zombies. Faith and Giles would start off in the back. They would meet in the middle and go up the stairs together. With a deep breath, Giles opened the closet door. The group separated and ran off to start the biggest battle that they’ve had in a long time.

Spike and Buffy ran at full speed into the lobby, their game faces ready and their machetes held firmly. No one screamed at first, but when the nicely dressed people realized exactly who the vampires were they were scared. The strong odor of fear filled the room and Spike grinned. He was ready for this fight. Almost instantly thick sheets of metal covered the windows and door’s, blocking everyone’s only sure safety. A loud moaning filled the large room and Spike knew it was time to fight. Slowly, pale creatures stepped close to him and his mate. Spike didn’t waste anytime with chopping their heads off with his weapon. From the corner of his eye, he saw Buffy finish off a female zombie. Together they stepped around dead bodies and checked every office, killing every moving thing that caught their eye.

Buffy stopped when she saw a zombie that she recognized. It was Mr. Wyndam Price. Without hesitation she spun around and kicked his head off. Spike was about to say a witty remark about the Brit but a very familiar scent hit his nostrils. Buffy smelt it too, she tensed up and got in the fighting position. Angelus stepped out from behind a door, once again clapping.

“Angelus.” Spike nodded.

“Willie. Bitch.” Angelus spat. At Buffy’s facial expression he explained, “I see, you both thought that I’d also be a zombie like these idiots. You thought that I would attack you slowly and dumbly, while you throw out you arm and chop off my head. Here’s a little secret. I’m the leader of Wolfram and Hart and that doesn’t apply to me.”

“I didn’t kill them.” Buffy said. Angelus’s face went dark as he remembered who she was talking about: Drusilla and Darla, “As Spike has told you, Darla killed Drusilla and then Darla disappeared. I didn’t kill them.”

“And what makes you think that I believe that, Buffy?” Angelus asked, stressing her name. He stared at her intently, waiting for an explanation.

“Because it’s true.” Spike said, swinging his ax at Angelus’s neck. Angelus only grinned as he easily ducked away behind a door. Buffy and Spike raced into the room just in time to see Angelus enter a different room, “Baby.” Spike called lamely.

Buffy pointed off to another door that she suspected was the second Angelus had escaped into and she pointed for Spike to go into the first room, they separated. Angelus had been hiding behind the wall and grabbed her when she stepped into the room.. He placed a hand over Buffy’s mouth and pulled her back to him with the other.

“How are you going to tell me what to do now, Little Bitch?” Angelus spat, “You can’t talk so how are you going to order me around?” He slid his hand up and grabbed a breast. Gripping tightly, Buffy whimpered into his other hand.

*William*

Spike thought he heard Buffy but at the same time didn’t. Confused, he stepped into the room she went into and saw her and Angelus. Angelus looked up at Spike.

“Angelus.” Spike ordered, eyes dark and fists tightened, “Let Buffy go.” Angelus tried really hard to rebel but his grip loosened and soon Buffy was standing next to Spike.

*He will do anything right, Luv?*

*Yes.*

“Angelus. Stake yourself.” Spike said with a huge grin. The large man tried as hard as he could but his body betrayed him. He kicked the end of a table in the room and the wooden leg crashed to the ground. Angelus’s body bent down and picked up the long, sharp stake. He held out his arm at full length and then moved the object towards his chest.

“No!” Angelus cried, demanding his body to ignore the order.

“Wait!” Buffy said at the last minute. With a look of pure evil she added, “First, I want you to act like a chicken.”

“Bak bak” He clucked after he dropped the stake. His hands met at his hips and hid elbows shook back and forth. He paced around the room.

“Sing.” Spike said. Angelus put his hand on his stomach and bellowed out his favorite tune.

“Oh Mandy well, you came and you gave without taking, but I sent you away. Oh Mandy well, you kissed me and stopped me from shaking and I need you today. OH, MANDY!”

“More!” Buffy clapped, enjoying this more than anything else.

“I’m standing on the edge of time: I walked away when love was mine. Caught up in a world of uphill climbing, the tears are in my eye and nothing in rhyming. Oh Mandy well, you kissed me and stopped me from shaking and I need you today. OH, MANDY!”

Angelus sang his heart out and when the song ended, Spike quickly gave him the next order. A loud echo of ‘NO’ filled the room as his body turned to dust.

Buffy and Spike hurried on to finish off the rest of all the zombies.


Authors Note: It's almost done! Just a couple more chapters.And for once I acctually know how I'm going to end it. YEA for me. Heartness.