Author's Chapter Notes:
Last Chapter. Thoughts in (these)
“Travers is dead.” Giles said breathlessly when the group of hero’s met by the stairs.

“So is Angelus.” Buffy said with a smile.

“Bleedin’ funny too!” Spike added. There was a loud moaning sound at the stairs. About a hundred zombies were heading towards them.

“You’ll have to tell us all about it when this is over.” Faith said, disappearing into the group of creatures.

Within a few hours their task was done. To finish it off, Spike and Faith set the place on fire so that the evil Law Firm was gone for good. Finally out in fresh air, they watched the flames eat at the large building from a distant. All were pleased with the night. Two had succeeded in revenge while the other two had made themselves and many others to come safer. Watching the fire trucks rush down the street to stop it only made then laugh. The firemen wouldn’t be able to get through the steel that covered the entrances.

Heading home, they stopped to get some burgers from McDonalds and then went to Buffy’s apartment. Buffy put in a movie, thinking that they could all sit around and watch it.

“Wasn’t that fight enough?” Buffy griped, angry that Spike and Faith had gone out on a patrol.

“Buffy…” Giles scolded, “Faith has a calling. Spike was nice enough to let me have a break. After that fight I needed it. Buffy shrugged and sat next to him on the couch. A few minutes after the movie ended, Spike and Faith came home. Spike had two bags of blood, he went strait into the kitchen and poured the bags into separate cups. He put them both in the microwave and heated them up. When the microwave beeped, he took them out and took them to the living room.

“What’s wrong, Spike?” Buffy asked. He smiled, but it didn’t reach his sad eyes.

“Nothing… Just happy that Angelus is gone.” Spike assured. Buffy grabbed the white mug from him and he leaned foreword, kissing her softly. She didn’t believe him, but she also didn’t pester him about it. Spike joined her on the couch and flung his arm over her shoulder. With a smile, Buffy put the mug to her lips and drank. It tasted a little different, but she didn’t care. It was still blood: her only source of energy.

Spike sipped his blood quietly, waiting for the effects to happen. Almost instantly his mate started to shake. It was happening. She whispered ‘William’ right before she went limp. Spike kissed her forehead.

“It’s time.”

The three hurried around the rooms, taking out anything vampire related. Giles washed the blood down the sink, Spike took out her photo album and held it close to himself. Faith went to Buffy’s room and checked for anything vampire related. Her gaze stopped on the journal half hidden under the pillow. She went to grab it, but stopped. Faith pushed it completely under the pillow, hidden.

“Some mistakes are meant to be made.” She quoted. Turning back into the living room she smiled, “Didn’t see anything.” Spike picked up his girl and carried her to her room. He laid her onto her bed and couldn’t help the tears that started to fall. Some minutes later Giles came in and pulled the distraught vampire out.

“She’s going to wake up soon. We have to go.”

He took one last look at her and left. Spike knew that, no matter how hard he tried, he would never be able to forget the girl that changed him.

(Authors note: Wouldn’t that suck if that was the ending? I would never do that. Imagine how much people would yell and curse on the reviews. I could just see it: death threats and flames. I love it when I get that sort of stuff… NOT. So, since I don’t want to feel sad I made a story with a happy ending. BTW: Two years later)

Buffy Summers chewed on the back of her pen and growled. This last part of the word puzzle was really pissing her off. She’d been thinking for several minutes of what the answer for “A nine letter word meaning bright.” The thin blonde woman looked up in the sky as if the answer was written somewhere in the clouds. Sadly there wasn’t any clouds in the sky: just the bright sun. And that wasn’t giving her an answer.

“Nine letter word meaning bright.” She repeated, looking back at the small word search book.

“’Ello there, Pet.”

Buffy looked up from her paper and smiled. A gorgeous blonde haired man with a suitcase was standing next to her.

“Hi.” Buffy smiled politely.

“I’m William Pratt.” He said, “You are?”

“I’m Buffy Summers.” Buffy replied.

(William?) She asked herself. She immediately thought of her journal. It spoke about a William in the pages that she didn’t remember.

“Are you going to be my neighbor?” Buffy asked, nodding towards the U-Haul in the parking lot. William nodded.

“Yeah.” He said. Buffy got off the grass and stuck out her hand. He grabbed her hand and they exchanged a handshake, “You doing a word search?”

“Yeah.” Buffy said, holding up the book. She pointed at the evil problem that she had yet to solve, “I don’t know this one.”

With a smile, William solved it, “Effulgent.”

“Thanks.” Buffy replied. William said his goodbye and left Buffy. She smiled, remembering one of her most confusing entry’s that she didn’t remember writing:

I love William.

Was all that was written.

That was the last of the perfect fancy grandma-like writing. It was replaced with quick scribbled of the weather and boys. Buffy looked behind her at the man as he fumbled with the keys to unlock his apartment door. (Could this be that William?) Buffy asked herself.

“Hey!” She called. He turned to her, “Do you want to come over for dinner tonight. I’ll order pizza!”
At his nod, she looked back at her crossword. Scribbling in the answer, she shut the book.

Authors Note: How was that for an ending? Was it okay? The only way to tell me your feeling is to review. Anyways, now that I’m done with this one I’m going to work on A Lot More Than Before. I’m not going to make any more stories until I’ve finished the eight stories that I’m working on.