Author's Chapter Notes:
Mo Spuffy in this chapter. It's mostly insight about what will probably happen.
Spike and Angelus looked at Drusilla hopefully, hoping that the insane girl had remembered to give the Blondie some blood in exchange for hers.

“You should be proud of Princess. I did it all by me lonesome, and didn’t need any help from daddy.” Drusilla smiled, referring to when she had turned William. She had forgotten to give him her blood. Despite the fact that Angelus didn’t want any other males in the clan, he also didn’t want to hurt Drusilla’s feeling and let the boy die. He had given the scrawny human some of his own blood with only a few seconds to spare. And ever since then, Angelus had regretted that decision.

William hurried to Elizabeth and looked for any signs of her being alive. Nothing stood out, but his gaze stopped on a mark he had looked over earlier. She had a teardrop mark on the lower part of her back neck. She should have been the Queen. But now she was dead and she wasn’t going to be queen of anything. He looked back at Angelus with saddened eyes and then looked back at the dead girl.

“Why do you look at me so crossed? I have done nothing wrong. I did what they told me.” She pouted, “No memories slipped out of my head and ran away to the dark abyss of the forgotten mind. It all stayed put.”

“You remembered to give her some of your blood?” Angelus asked.

“Yes.” Drusilla said, “They told me all the steps so I wouldn’t mess up. I couldn’t ruin it.”

“Looks like our Drusilla does have some sense. And all these years I thought she was completely obtuse.” Darla said from the entrance of the room. On the outside she appeared to be tranquil and carefree. Yet on the inside she was fuming.


Flashback:


(1595, France)

Darla walked through the moonlit town with confidence. She was hungry and was hoping to get lucky. Darla hadn’t been able to get any food lately: all the towns-people were too cautious to be outside after hours, and the new war with Spain certainly didn’t help things at all. She was starting to hate Montpellier and was considering going to a town where the towns people weren’t as smart. Her dark green eyes darted across the road to a man walking the same way as her. She caught him looking at her and then he stopped walking. Darla put on a smile and crossed the street towards him. When she got to the middle of the street she then realized that he wasn’t a human, therefore not a snack. But she continued on, if she couldn’t get food then she may as well take off some of this sexual tension. She stopped in front of him, smiled and licked her pink lips. His boring brown eyes watched her tongue in awe.

“Hello.”

“A-Are you Darla?” He asked her, getting back on focus.

“Whose asking?” She asked back. She took a step closer and he tensed up.

“I’m Michael. The Master sent me, he wanted me to tell Darla that he had a present.” He said, “He wished for you to come and get it as soon as you can.”

“What is it?” Darla asked, her voice sounded excited.

“I don’t know, exactly. But I did see a vampire pulling a girl into the Masters room.” The brunette man said. Darla nodded and started to think.

“A girl…” She murmured, “Maybe it’s a slayer…” She said, coming to a conclusion, and started to walk off. But she turned back around a second later, she knew just how to make this timid man blush.

“Oh, and Michael.” She smiled.

“Yeah?” He asked.

“Fix yourself.” She looked down at his aching erection, “You don’t want to go through town like that, you’d loose you dignity in a heartbeat.”

She turned and left, leaving him staring down at his pants that definitely did not hide his growing member.

She hurried along the streets, past houses that seemed dead inside, and when she got to the outskirts of Montpellier she smiled: her walk was almost over. There wasn’t much houses on the outer edge, but the ones that were there were owned by wealthy, diplomatic men. She admired that in one house, there was a whole family outside searching for something. Her vampire hearing heard one of the little boys cry: ‘Harriet’s gone missing‘. Harriets manquer allé

She couldn’t help what she did next. This was just too tempting. If the ‘present’ was Harriet and was also a slayer, like Darla had thought, then she knew exactly how to make this slayer fall. Darla stalked her way across the street to the very busy house and smiled shyly at a teenage boy.

“What is wrong?” She asked the blonde haired boy. He looked at her, cautiously. He knew about the late night pick-picketers.

“I wish to help, did the little boy say that ‘Harriet’s gone missing’?” Darla asked. His English wasn’t all that great, but he did understand a few words in her sentence. He nodded, finally deciding that she was a good person with no bad intention.

“Ma soeur est sorti précédent, et elle n’est pas rentrée puisque. Je crains pour sa vie.” He said quickly. He was suppose to be looking in the underground shelter, not talking to some mysterious blonde. {My sister went out earlier, and she had not come home since. I fear for her life.}

“Vous faire parle l'anglais?” Darla asked. {Do you speak English?}

“Seulement un peu. La mère a dit c'est significatif d'apprendre l'anglais parce que dans quelques années que nous pouvons finir par ayant à le parler.” He replied. {Only a little. Mother said it's important to learn English because in a few years we may end up having to speak it.}

“Très rabblement. Je vous souhaite le meilleur de chance. Mais je dois aller.” Darla nodded. {Very likely. I wish you the best of luck. But I must be going.”

“Bonjour, Madame.”

“Bonjour.” Darla smiled and the boy turned away to continue looking. Throughout the talk with the boy she had decided to not kill him and his family. When she realized this she stopped walking and shook her head. She was going soft like a human. She couldn’t allow that to happen.


Meanwhile:

Edward opened the horizontal doors leading to the shelter and cautiously looked down into the darkness. He heard someone shiver, but it was just his younger sister who was holding the lamp a few feet away from him. Adeline was shaking and if she shook any harder then the light was going to blow out.

“Harriet?” He called. He didn’t get an answer. The light from the lamp flickered once and Edward looked back at Adeline.

“Steady, s’il vous plait.” He said, glancing at her, his eyes stared past her to the skinny blonde he’d met earlier. She was walking towards his frantic father and little brother, Peter. She had decided to help them look, he thought as he turned to his sister. He motioned her closer and he started to step down the stairs. When he got to the bottom he felt the ground for any traces of Harriet. He looked back at the entrance and growled when the lamp light went out. Adeline let out a small scream, and Edward rolled his eyes: she was scared of the dark. Though he admired his younger sister, there was times when he wanted to rip off her reckless head.

“Adeline…” He called up at his sister. He turned up the steps and walked out of the shelter. He looked around for his family, but he didn’t see them.

They must have went into the forest. He told himself. He shut the doors and turned around. From the corner of his eye he saw the skinny blonde walking away with a bundle in her arms. She was too far away and the boy couldn’t tell what it was. He started off towards the forest to find his father and find out what the woman wanted.

When he got to the neighboring forest he immediately wished he had brought the lamp with him. It was pitch black and he kept falling to the ground from all of the upturned roots. He finally decided to turn back, but go a different route than he had done earlier. Edward had only walked a few feet when he tripped over a log and came face to face with the ground. He sat back up and reached foreword to the log to get it out of the path, when he realized that it wasn’t a log.

“Papa?” He asked.


Meanwhile:

Darla carried the almost weightless girl all the way to the Masters mansion. If her intuition was right and Harriet was the slayer, than the easiest way to hurt the slayer emotionally would be to kill her baby sister physically. She was eager to see this slayer fall. The doors opened right before she got to them. Darla stepped past them into the warmth of the home. One of the vampire slaved who had opened the doors offered to take Darla’s coat, she shooed them away and walked into the large family room. The master was seated on a large couch and had a warm cup of blood in his right hand. Darla sat on the other side of the couch. Dropping the three year old on the floor beside her.

“I see you’ve brought a present.” The master said to Darla.

“I heard that you got one for me too.” Darla smiled. He nodded and motioned her to follow him to the next room. Darla followed him and left the small girls body lying of the foot of the couch. Once Darla got into the study she crossed her arms and got angry. A skinny brunette girl was sitting on a chair with a few vampires catering to her needs. She had a warm blanket, tea, some small cookies, and a vampire was busy making a fire for her.

“Why are you assisting the slayer? She should be tortured and punished and…. and bleeding.” Darla yelled loudly, by the end of the sentence everyone’s eyes were on her.

“Slayer?” The master asked, “You’ve got it all wrong, Darla. She isn’t a slayer. She’s a queen.”

“A queen?” Darla asked, “That sounds a bit cliché.” She looked back at the girl at the chair. Harriet looked so young, she couldn’t have been older than fourteen.

“Not yet, but she will as soon as you turn her.” The Master said.

“Me? … I’m confused.” Darla said, she dropped her crossed arms and tilted her head.

“She’s the queen of the vampires. She will rule all of them, all of us vampires.” He said. Darla finally understood, her confused look soon turned into a stubborn one.

“I’m not following her orders.” Darla said smugly.

“That’s why you are turning her.” The Master explained, “Only The Master and the Queens sire can rule over her.”

“So I’ll control everything?” Darla smirked. She was starting to like this plan.

“Pretty much.” He smiled.

“Okay.” She said shifting into game face, “Come here, Queenie.”


Present time:

They buried Elizabeth soon after in the back yard of their mansion and watched over her funeral bed until the ground above her shook. The whole wait have everyone anxious to meet their new queen. Darla was anxious to see something else. She couldn’t wait to see the other Arelius members’ faces when they realized a little side affect that came with their prize. Drusilla clapped in joy, awaiting to see her baby that she had been ranting on about for hours. A hand slipped out of the ground and the dirt around it sunk low. Elizabeth seemed to be having some trouble. Spike stepped foreword and gripped her hand tightly, he pulled her out with ease. Once she was out of the ground she looked at the for people around her and then at the sunken grave. Then something unexpected happened, Drusilla’s insane smile disappeared and a dark scowl took it’s place.

“It’s still there.” Drusilla said. She stepped towards the confused golden haired girl. Drusilla poked Elizabeth’s chest where her heart was, “It’s still floating about in you.”

“What is?” Angelus asked, stepping closer.

“I thought you knew about vampire queens.” Darla smiled. Angelus and William turned to her.

“What?” William asked.

“They are re-born with their soul.”


Flashback:


(1595, France)

Darla looked at the trembling girl and then back at The Master.

“You didn’t tell me!” Darla said. She pulled The Master into the next room, “Why didn’t you tell me that she gets to keep her soul?”

“I didn’t know.” He said, “I had always thought the Queen was just a legend.”

“Your older than time, Master, You should know if it’s gossip or not.”

“She is the second queen that has every been found. Most possible ones live all their life without being tracked. It’s very rare to find one.”

“What about the first one?” Darla asked.

“She couldn’t stand being a vampire so she killed herself. She was gone before anyone could guess she had a soul.” They both stopped talking for a second, and then they both sniffed the air.

“Is that smoke?” Darla asked, they looked back to the closed door that led to Harriet. The Master opened the door, just to find a large pile of ash lying in front of the fireplace.