Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a Christmas presant for all of you... Thanks to cordykitten for making me feel better about my mouse.
Chapter 8:

((Why did I let him come with me? … It’s not like I need him here. I’ve been on my own for over a hundred years… Well, almost seventy years. But it’s not like I needed Isaacs help back then…))

(Sunnydale 1910)

“I’m Isaac, by the way.”

“Buffy.” She smiled. The tall brunette offered to take her arm, and Buffy allowed him to link his arm with hers. They calmly walked along the moonlight street, but inside Buffy was dancing and singing. She’d been waiting for this day for a really long time and it finally came. She had a boyfriend, and even though he was a vampire she was okay with it. He wasn’t like all the other vampires. Isaac Williams was in the same predicament as her; he had a soul. A few weeks ago when she had first met the man he had patiently explained that he had been turned sixteen years earlier by a master vampire. He had seen how the master vampire had murdered people in cold blood, and he didn’t want to end up like the master vampire. Isaac had went to Africa and got himself a soul. Buffy had told him that she, too, had a soul. But she failed to mention how she had it. He had just asked her to be his. And Buffy had happily agreed, knowing that that was the closes thing to marriage that she could get. They stopped in front of the Inn and bar he was staying at and he softly kissed her lips. Buffy moaned into the kiss and he moved away.

“Um… Isaac. There’s something I need to tell you.” Buffy said. She looked away nervously and he forced her gaze back onto him with his calloused hands.

“What is it?” He asked softly. Buffy leaned back against the brick wall and slid down to the ground.

“I’m not just a normal vampire.” She said, “I am a vampire queen.” Isaac followed her lead and joined her on the ground. Buffy looked at him and he had a huge grin on his face.

“I was waiting for you to tell me!” He said. Buffy tilted her head to the side.

“You knew?” Buffy asked. He nodded, “How?”

“I saw the mark. I’m not a dumb fledgling, I knew what it was.” He said.

“Oh…” She said. They looked over to the front door where a drunk guy had just been pushed out of the building.

“So, who’s the Queens Sire?” He asked.

“Actually, no one.” She said. He looked at her confused.

“The Queens Sire was killed, but the person that killed her didn’t get to finish.” She said.

“So, there isn’t a Queens Sire?” He asked. Buffy nodded. He looked at her with loving eyes, “Buffy, can you let me be queens sire? If you and I are going to be together forever than we should. That’s what any girlfriend would do.”

“Really?” Buffy asked, she wanted more than anything in the world to be a girlfriend. That would be a major step to being real again. She looked away and then looked back at him. She slowly nodded and Isaac pulled her up to her feet. His face shifted into the demon that he was and Buffy closed her eyes.

“It shouldn’t hurt, Buffy.” He said. Buffy nodded once more and he sunk his teeth into her soft flesh. Buffy gasped, but not in pain. This was the most exhilarating pleasure she had witnessed. No sooner than it had started it stopped. Buffy opened her eyes and he was wiping blood from his cheeks. He waved at her and started to walk into the building. Buffy followed, but he stopped her.

“I love you, Isaac.” Buffy whispered to him. He just nodded.

“Thanks for the favor.“ He waved. Buffy just stood there for minutes as he disappeared through the crowd and up some stairs. She didn’t know if he wanted her to go away, or if he wanted her to come. She didn’t know which, but she was hoping for the latter. She didn’t know what she was suppose to do, she didn’t know what a normal girlfriend would do. Buffy made up her mind after a few minutes and stepped into the bar. She pushed her way past drunk men and hookers. Buffy walked up the stairs that Isaac had walked on and followed his scent to a room. The door wasn’t shut all the way so she looked through. Isaac was on a bed grunting and moaning. Among his moans was a higher pitched moan; A woman’s. Buffy moved back into the darkness and fought away her tears. The moans stopped after a few minutes and then their was the sound of a muffled scream. Buffy slid to the ground and closed her eyes. Isaac stepped out of the room as he buttoned up his trousers. He turned and walked down the stair. Buffy stepped up and walked into the room that the man she loved had just left. On the bed was a dead hooker. A thin brunette one. Her smeared lipstick matched the blood that stained the pillow. Buffy pushed back her tears and closed her wide eyes. Buffy left the room, but not before she pulled the white sheets over the girls body, “I’m sorry.”

Buffy hurried past all the sweaty, drunk bodies and ran out of the Inn/Bar. She stopped running about a mile away. Her confused green eyes closed as her hands went up to the scar that his fangs had caused.

“He lied… All of it was a lie; the soul, the love. It was all for the power. Isaac never loved me…” She shook her head, put her hand on her wounded neck, and walked away, “No one does…”


End Flashback:

“No one does…” Spike heard Buffy whispered, he craned his head towards the driving woman. She had been silent for minutes, and now she had said something out of the blue. Spike had came up with the idea to buy washable paint for the windows so that no sunlight could get through and burn them.

“What was that, Pet?” Spike asked. Buffy looked over towards Spike and scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

“Huh?” Buffy asked, she didn’t even realize that she had said something. Spike leaned up from his slouching form and faced her the best he could with the seat belt in the way.

“You said ‘no one does’.” Spike said, sounding sincerely concerned. Buffy looked back at the road, “No one does what?”

“Oh… I was just um… thinking.” Buff y explained.

“Hey, … are you sure your okay with driving?” Spike asked concerned. Buffy nodded as she pushed the memory back to the back of her head.

“Yeah, were almost to LA.” Buffy said, nodding her head ferociously.

“Hey, Pigeon, I did mention that Angelus lives in the ‘City of Angels‘, right?” Spike asked. He really didn’t want to see his grandsire. Especially when he owned a demon law firm called Wolfram and Hart. Spike smelled a faint whiff of salt and then heard the car pull over, he looked at Buffy. She had her face in her hands and she was quietly sobbing.

“I think that you need to tell me something. Maybe I’ll be able to help.” Spike whispered. Buffy looked at him with tear-streaked cheeks. Her eyes were swollen and red.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” Buffy said quickly.

“What happened to you? What happened once you left us?” Spike asked. Buffy pulled the key out of the car and twirled it around in her fingers, “What hurt you so much?” Buffy looked away and then she looked back at Spike.

“What didn’t happen?” She simply asked him. Her small hands dropped the key and found their way to her neck.

“I’m sorry…“ Spike whispered quietly, the guild silently adding up onto his shoulder. Spike saw what they were desperately trying to cover and his eyes widened.

“Didn’t Dru bite you on the other side?” Spike asked, at Buffy’s nod he continued talking, “What happened, did someone bite you?”

“His name was Isaac Williams.”

“Is this where the ’no one does’ come in?” Spike asked.

“Yeah.” Buffy said, “I thought he loved me… It was just a lie to become Queens Sire. He said that girlfriends do that for boyfriends.”

“You meant no one loves you, huh?” Spike asked. Buffy nodded.

“That’s not true. He‘s a daft ponce if he thinks that. Buffy, he‘s a bastard and wasn‘t worth your time.” Spike argued, “I’m… I’m sure there’s someone in this world who does. Like… uh… I’m sure there’s someone.” Buffy felt more tears falling down her cheeks, She turned her head away and rested it on the steering wheel of the U-Haul. Spike realized his mistake, but decided to just go on, “What happened after that? I don’t remember ever hearing of a new Queens Sire. Normally spreads fast. He must have boasted about it to someone.”

“He did.” Buffy said, “He told everyone that I was a slut… I wasn’t, William, I wasn’t. I’ve never even… I’m not.” Spike leaned closer to her.

“I believe you.” Spike said.

“I was ruined…I remembered what I had read a long time ago; about who rules over the Queen. It was the Queens Sire and-” Buffy said, Spike interrupted her.

“The Master.”

“I went to him.” Buffy said, “I had never seen a man as scary looking and ugly as him… He was so intimidating.”

“I’ve never seen him, but I’ve heard things…” Spike said. Buffy nodded.

“I told him a was a close friend of Darla’s.” Buffy said, “He treated me like on of his own after that. I asked him to do me a favor and kill Isaac since I couldn’t. He did, and then I ran.”

“And…?” Spike asked. Buffy was quiet for a few minutes, she leaned down to the ground and picked up the bright orange key. She broke the silence with the growl of the U-Haul getting started back up.

“And were almost there.” Buffy said, the last tear dripped from her cheek and Spike backed up against the seat.

((At least she opened up a bit…))

Buffy was right when she said that they were almost there. Right after she said that she turned on an exit, along with many other cars. Now she was on a completely different road that was just as crowded as the freeway. With the help of Spikes soothing array of “Almost there”, “Your doing great”, and “The other fucking cars have no clue how to drive!” Buffy made it through the tunnels and through the twisting roads to the apartment complex. It looked nice. Spike had told her he knew one that an old friend owned that he could get cheap. Buffy agreed, since cheap was the only thing she could afford. When they stopped in the car garage for the residents, Buffy didn’t get out. Spike unbuckled and opened the door.

“I’ll go in and talk to Vinny, okay?” Spike asked, Buffy didn’t say anything and Spike took that as a yes, “Just stay here, I’ll help you bring in the stuff when I get the room.” He smiled at her and shut the door.

“What the hell am I doing!?! I must have lost all my senses… That’s William the Bloody, The one that tried to rape me, and then decided that I would become food! No. It was his fault that I turning into this… this creature! I’ve lived this crappy, long life and I’m sick of it. I’m not going to let him hurt me anymore…”

Buffy grabbed a small piece of paper in the visor of the car that said the number of the U-Haul place and in big red letters it said “Hope you come back soon!” Buffy turned it over and wrote on it. She grabbed some small items from the trunk thing and left before Spike could come back.

Meanwhile:

Spike walked out of the office and saw a small figure disappear around a shady corner. He thought nothing of it and hopped into the passenger side of the truck. Buffy wasn’t in the seat beside him, but there was a piece of paper. Spike read it silently:

“I don’t forgive you.”

Spike looked at where he saw the person leave earlier. It had been Buffy. He leaned his blonde head back against the seat and sighed.

Meanwhile:

Buffy walked around for minutes when she stopped in front of a Law Firm. It was Wolfram and Hart. It looked promising. She opened the door and stepped in. She stepped over to a desk and saw a blonde frantically talking to another person on the phone.

“… I’m sorry, I don’t speak Varyl. Either you can learn to speak English, or I’ll just send you over to Angel…” The blonde girl hung up the phone after a frustrated growl. She looked up at Buffy and smiled, “Hello, how may I help you?” She asked, her voice sounded chipper despite the argument earlier.

“Hi, I was wondering if I could use a phone?” Buffy smiled. Harmony nodded and pushed the phone closer to Buffy. Buffy got into her purse and pulled out a small paper with a number on it. Buffy had never used it, but it was always there just in case. Buffy pressed the numbers and waited for the person to pick up.

“Hello, Willow Rosenberg speaking…”

“Hey, It’s Buffy.” Buffy said.

“Oh, hi! I was wondering when you would call. I was even debating over whether or not I have ever given it to you. What’s up?”

“Actually, I was wondering if I could stay with you for a few days. Just till I can get situated.” Buffy said. When Willow didn’t answer Buffy dropped her head.

“Actually me and Tara were just about to leave on a vacation. It’s our two year anniversary.” Willow explained.

“Oh… okay. Thanks anyways.” Buffy said. She hung up and gave the blonde a weak smile.

“We have spare rooms at the top of building. They’re cheap, too!” She said. Buffy didn’t say anything and she continued, “I’m Harmony Kendall.”

“Buffy Summers.” Buffy said.

“Well, Buffy. Go to the second room and talk to Wesley. Kay? He’ll be able to help you.” Harmony then picked up the phone, “Jeez, I told you I don’t speak Varyl.”

Buffy walked to the door that said W. Wyndom-Price. She knocked on it softly and a voice said come in. He looked at her and smiled.

“Hello. I’m Wesley Wyndom-Price…” He said. Buffy realized that she needed to say her name.

“I’m Buffy. Harmony told me to come here.”

“She did?” Wesley said a bit annoyed.

“She told me to ask about a spare room.” Buffy said.

“Oh… oh, yes. I’ll just need some information first.” He said. He motioned her over to a leather chair and Buffy sat down.

Meanwhile:

He smelled her. He never thought that he’d ever be close to her. But he could smell her now. She was near, somewhere in the building. He ran through rooms and followed the smell.

“Um… Boss?” Harmony asked Angel when he ran into the lobby like a caveman.

“What?” He spat.

“Um… What’s wrong?” She asked.

“I smell something… bad.” He said.

“What?” Harmony asked.

“Did anyone step in here earlier?”

“Um… a Railien demon, and a girl. That’s all within the last hour.”

“A girl?” Angel asked. Harmony nodded and pointed towards Wesley’s door.

“Her names Buffy, she’s asking about one of the spare rooms.” Harmony said. After she said this, Angel ran into the room.

Meanwhile:

Buffy smiled and shook the nice gentleman’s hand. She had the room. He even borrowed her money so that she could get situated a little better. She was just about to leave when the door busted open and Buffy came face to face with the man that she never wanted to see again. No one spoke for seconds. The first one to speak was Harmony, and she was in the other room.

“BLONDIEBEAR!”