[A/N: Well, this is it, the end of this particular story. And hey, look! I only went three chapters and an epilogue past what I had (rather foolishly, I might add) predicted for this story. Thank you all for reading and leaving a review, I do appreciate every single one and I hope everyone enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it (what fun to write Buffy and Spike free of any baggage at all!). Thanks everyone. Special thanks to Spikeslovebite and to Addie Logan for their constant support and cheerleading (and the image of you two cheering is enough to make me laugh for hours!). I love you both. Disclaimers in full force and effect.]



Epilogue



“Mom!” Xander screamed down at her from the top of the stairs, not bothering to use the intercom that had been installed in the last couple of weeks. “I can’t find any socks!”

Buffy got slowly to her feet, shaking her head and grumbling about little boys who don’t look closely enough. Before she got to the stairs, though, Xander yelled yet again. “Never mind, Mom. I found some.”

Instead of continuing toward the stairs, Buffy did an abrupt turn and headed right back to the window seat. She loved this one, since it looked out onto the backyard and the rough garden she’d painstakingly fashioned with the gardener. All her friends said she was insane to spend so much time and money on a wild garden, but she’d had an ulterior motive.

Xander came thumping down the stairs, heedless of the noise he was making, and bounced into the den, an armful of socks leading the way. “See, I found them.”

“I see that. You don’t really need quite that many. You’re only going for the weekend.”
Buffy tried not to laugh, managing only when she bit her lower lip. “Lemme see what we can do.”

Dumping the socks on the cushion next to her, Xander hauled himself up so that the socks were between them. “Hey, Mom? What time is Dad coming?”

“Your father should be here in about an hour.” She looked up in time to see his expression falter a little bit. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” He fumbled with some socks, not looking up at her.

“Spill it, buster.”

“I’m gonna miss him coming home, ain't I?” He glanced out the window, craning his neck to see the driveway that curled around that side of the house. “He’s not gonna be home before I leave.”

“I don’t know sweetie. He promised to try and be home before then, but I don’t know if he will be.” She leaned over awkwardly and kissed the top of his head. “But you’ll only be gone for two days. He’ll still be here when you get back, you know.”

At that, a big grin crossed his face. “I know. I just miss him.”

“Oh sweetie, I know. I do too.” She ruffled his hair, saying, “You need a haircut. Maybe when you get back from camping he’ll take you, how’s that sound?”

That really didn’t placate him and Buffy hadn’t expected it too. She tried again. “Well, you know he misses you, too. And he did promise to try and be home.”

“An’ you know me, don’t like breakin’ promises.” The object of their discussion stood in the doorway, leaning against the polished white surface. He looked rather out of place with black jeans, long leather duster, and scuffed Doc Martens, but he was a sight for both their eyes.

“Spike!” Xander launched himself off the window seat, careening toward him with arms outstretched. “You’re home!”

“Sure am, whelp.” Spike leaned down to hug him close, then easily picked him up and slung him upside down over his shoulder. “Sounds like you missed me.”

“Nah. Mom did, though.”

Spike laughed, knowing the lie when he heard it. He walked toward her, a smile on his lips and a leer in his eyes. “Hullo, kitten. Did you miss me?”

“Ahuh. You know I did.” She stood up on the window seat, arms outstretched. “Just like you missed me.”

“Every damn day. Twice as bad at night.” He dropped Xander down, patting him absently on his shaggy head and shoving him toward the door. “Go get your gear, Xander, I’m gonna say hello properly to your mum.” He swooped closer, his arms going round her hips as he reached up to tug her down for his kiss. “Hullo, there, luv.”

“Hello yourself.” Buffy kissed him, melting into his embrace. “How was the trip?”

“You already know the boring details. Last leg was brutal. Plane got delayed comin’ outta D.C. because of storms. Had to reroute an’ fly around the mess.” He peppered her face with kisses. “But we’re here, all safe an’ sound.”

And this was the only downside to their relationship. The traveling. Though since that weekend, just a year ago, Spike and the band only went on mini-tours, that lasted no longer than six weeks at a time. It was still hard on the both of them, but it was worth it.

Two weeks after that fateful weekend, Spike was spending nearly every night at her place, only going back to Drusilla’s only during the day so he could oversee the nanny and leave Buffy to her practice. They weren’t married yet, but only because neither of them felt the pressing need.

Five weeks after that – not even two months into their relationship – he’d gone house-hunting without her. Hadn’t even told her about it, until he’d found one he liked with space for her office, not too far from where Drusilla and her family were living. She immediately fell in love with it and he’d made an offer on it the next day. With five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a swimming pool, and plenty of room to expand, it was perfect for them. Construction had started on her office space and a family room/den within days of their taking title and had been finished before school started again the following September.

Now it was May again.

Spike shrugged out of the duster, dropping it on the floor. He shoved the socks to the floor and scooped Buffy up, then sat down on the window seat, bracing his legs on either side of her so that she was cradled between them. Leaning his head back, he pulled her close, letting her head rest just under his chin. “God, I missed you.”

Buffy closed her eyes, inhaling his scent and locking this moment away. These last six weeks had been very difficult without him. She murmured something soft against his chest and he chuckled, the sound reaching into her depths and easing the knots of worry she’d been carrying around. “I’m so glad you’re home.”

“Me too, baby.”

They stayed like that for a few minutes, knowing Xander was on his way back into the room and Angel would be arriving shortly for the camping trip. Another good thing to come out of their relationship was Angel’s renewed interest in his son. His custody visit in July had been a real eye-opener, to say the least. All he’d heard for his two weeks with Xander had been, ‘Spike lets me do this’ and ‘Spike takes me to Disney’ and ‘Spike has this game’, to the point where Angel had called her, wanting to know who Spike was and why he had so much influence on his son. The fight that ensued had been a doozy, though in the end, Xander had been the big winner. Angel had stepped up – jealous and afraid of losing his son to the rock star stepfather figure – and had begun to religiously spend time with Xander.

Which was why he and Xander were going camping and not Spike. Even Penn, Drusilla’s ex-husband, had gotten motivated. Buffy didn’t know all the details of that confrontation, but she knew enough to understand that Spike’s attorneys had threatened Penn with jail time and excessive fines for failure to pay child support. So he was going with Wesley.

They had a whole weekend to themselves to celebrate Spike’s return home from touring.

Spike’s hands were making soothing circles on her back and Buffy found herself drifting,
awash in love and safety. She had no idea how long she lay in that fugue state between waking and sleep, and she barely stirred when the doorbell rang, signaling Angel’s arrival. Xander ran for the door, throwing it open and quietly greeting his father, since he knew both his mother and Spike were sort of asleep.

“Spike? Dad’s here.” Xander stood by their side, his voice low so he didn’t disturb his mother.

Angel was standing the doorway, peering in at the family. He didn’t attempt to hide the distaste in his voice as he spied Spike with Buffy curled up in his arms. “Hello.”

“Angel.” Spike’s voice rumbled against her ear and Buffy swam toward consciousness. “Lemme put Buffy down, an’ ‘ll help you with the boy’s gear.”

“I’m awake. Don’t wanna be, but I’m awake.” Buffy pushed her hair back and straightened her sundress around her thighs. “Hello, Angel.”

Spike dropped a kiss on her forehead. “Why don’t you go back to sleep, kitten. You look all done in.”

“I’m okay. I just needed you to be home.” She leaned into him, tightening her arms around him, hugging him hard.

“Oh, baby, ‘m home now.” Out of the corner of his eye, Spike caught the look on Angel’s face and he very nearly growled at the other man. What a fuckin’ git he is. “Go on, sweetheart, we’ll get the boy sorted. You stay put.”

Buffy didn’t need to be told a third time. She was tired, though she wasn’t about to admit why – at least not at this moment, anyway. Spike grabbed a pillow and the throw blanket from the couch and handed it to her before following the other two from the room. Buffy could hear them getting Xander’s equipment and backpack down the stairs and it was obvious that Angel was once more on his high-horse about something. His tone of voice was nothing short of snide and condescending, which was funny, all things considered. Despite his outward appearance, Spike was better educated than Angel, and his net worth was far more extensive. Which, she supposed, was part of Angel’s problem.

They were done quickly and before she had a chance to drift back to sleep, Xander was saying goodbye with a kiss and a hug. Angel waved his goodbye from the doorway and then. . . they were alone. House all to themselves for the entire weekend.

Spike stared at her, basking in the window seat, drowsy from the late afternoon sunlight shining in through the window. Even now, after a year together, she still took his breath away, captivating him with just the hint of a smile. She rubbed her nose, wrinkling her face a bit as she did so, and his grin widened. Damn, I love her.

He dropped down to a crouch, struggling with the knots of his boots, his eyes drinking in the sight of her. Her eyes were still closed, but he knew she was faking sleep, because her teasing little grin got wider and wider and she kept stretching, exposing more skin as she did. Easing back to his feet, Spike slipped open the first two buttons of his jeans, letting them ride low on his hips. He could feel the weight of her slitted eyes on his crotch, knew she was eyeing his burgeoning erection. She rolled onto her back, throwing off the blanket completely, letting her dress ride up even higher.

Buffy raised her leg, letting her knee rest against the window pane, giving up all pretense of teasing Spike with the slow torture of revealing what she wore beneath the sundress.

Which was precisely nothing.

Spike stopped dead in his tracks, a scant two feet away from her, his heart thudding rapidly and his erection straining against his jeans. Buffy slid her hand down from her knee on the inside of her thigh, drawing his heated attention. She stopped, just shy of teasing the outer folds of her pussy. Spike licked his lips, his eyes riveted on the sight of his woman all spread out for him.

“Take it off, kitten.” More growled than spoken, his voice rumbled right through her and Buffy arched her hips, desperate to feel his touch. “Now. Take it off.”

Feeling a bit wicked, and loving the gleam in his eye and the roll of his words, Buffy slid her fingers through her pussy. When he growled again, she sat up, languidly raising the hem of her dress up and over her shoulders.

Twisting herself so she was facing him, Buffy teased him a bit by pulling one end of the blanket over, barely covering her exposed pussy. Her nipples were hard and pointed, and she arched her back, running a hand over up her side and cupping her breast. Her eyes drifted closed and she bit her bottom lip, knowing he was watching her every move. She leaned back, shivering a little from the feel of the cool glass against her bare skin. Goosebumps pebbled all over her body and she stretched again, sliding her hand beneath the blanket, fingering her clit.

His growl startled her and she jumped a little, dislodging the blanket completely. The sight of Buffy framed in the window, with sunlight streaming in behind her and not a stitch on had his control finally snapping. Spike was on his knees, pulling her toward his mouth before she realized it. Her legs were draped over his shoulders and he’d latched onto her clit, nipping at it with his teeth and tongue.

“Oh, my God, Will!” she shrieked out his name, her fingers scrabbling for something to hold onto.

Her orgasm was quick, exploding through her like a rocket. All her senses were firing, flaring with bright lights and tremors. The words spewing from her mouth unraveled into incoherent garbled murmurs, and he grinned, using his tongue and fingers to keep her cresting.

“That’s it baby, come for me, come hard.” He pulled back, breathing heavily and blowing hot air over her aroused clit. “God, I fuckin’ missed you so much.”

“Will. . . . Will. . . “ Buffy couldn’t do anything but mewl out his name. Her heels banged against his shoulders, trying to pull him closer. “Need you.”

“Yeah. Need you too, kitten.” Spike punctuated his need by latching onto her clit again, lapping up her spendings then sliding his tongue deep into her pussy. His hands pushed her hips wider, splaying her out on the window seat as he worried the tiny button between his teeth, pulling back away from her a little. Her shriek echoed in the small alcove and he chuckled, watching her ride out her first orgasm. “You are so fuckin’ beautiful, baby. Could watch you like this all day.”

Buffy collapsed, her thighs quivering and her body all flushed and rosy from her orgasm. Her hands slid down her sides, reaching for him. “Will, please, I need you.”

Rising up from his knees, Spike stepped out of his jeans, doffing his shirt in the process. Standing before her, his cock erect and jutting out from his groin, Spike lifted her hips up. He teased her opening, using just the head of his cock and making torturously slow and shallow thrusts into her depths. Mesmerized by the slow thrusting and the sight of her taking him in, Spike groaned deeply in his chest. “Holy fuck, kitten. . . jus’ watchin’ you like this. . . watchin’ us.”

“More, Will, please. . . please.” It wasn’t enough, after weeks apart, his teasing her was not nearly enough. She needed him, needed to feel him holding her, his cock hard and thick inside her, affirming their connection. “Please!”

She was hot and tight and smooth, slicker than he’d ever felt before. The heat of her nearly had his head exploding when he finally eased into her depths. He paused, holding himself still, trying to control the need to thrust wildly, pounding into her with abandon. Spike wanted this to last, wanted to savor every moment of this homecoming, but she was too hot, too needy and it had been so fucking long since he’d been inside her. All rational thought fled his brain, his body’s needs consuming him. His hips churned, swirling on every stroke, bumping into the bundle of nerves hidden deep inside her.

Mumbled, incoherent words tumbled from his lips, interspersed with panting, heaving breaths. He felt her walls tighten, felt the beginnings of another orgasm rolling through her and he gave in, his thrusts erratic, his heart thundering in his ears. Her name became his prayer and she keened out his in return. Her vaginal walls tightened painfully around his cock and she broke, her orgasm triggering his.

Spent and trembling, Spike crawled up onto the window seat, curling onto his side. Wrapping an arm around Buffy, he pulled her lax body close, laying soft kisses on her shoulder and face. A soft smile curved over her lips and she whispered, “Welcome home, William.”


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&




Hours later, they hadn’t moved far at all, making it only to the oversized couch. The throw blanket Buffy had teased him with covered their torsos, leaving feet and shoulders bare. Spike was idly running his hands through Buffy’s hair, content to just listen to the sound of her sleeping softly on his chest. She’d been falling asleep for the last hour or so, but he kept waking her, sliding into her depths with ease, just to stay connected. He loved lying this way, with her arms and legs draped over and around him, their groins flush.

His stomach rumbled, though he ignored it in favor of staying put. He’d rather starve in this spot than move. It had been the worst trip so far, the nights they didn’t play driving home how much he missed her, the nights they did highlighting how much of his music was now played and written specifically for her. The good news was that the CD they’d released at Christmas was now certified platinum, and the acoustic one – with Bright Blue Rose and three other songs he’d written specifically about her – had just gone gold. The buzz about that one was enormous, critics and fans alike responding positively.

But none of that really mattered. At least not at this moment.

What mattered was the woman in his arms.

Buffy shifted, her muscles loosening further and a soft snore wafted from her mouth. He chuckled, knowing she would deny it if he teased her about it, nor would she believe she was drooling on his bare chest. His stomach grumbled again, this time loud enough to disturb the sleeping beauty on his chest. She stirred, leaning up on wobbly arms, realizing as she shifted how intimately they were joined.

“Mmmmm.” Her hips wriggled, and he clamped a steadying hand around the curve of her hip.

“Easy there, princess.” His eyes roamed her face, noting the sleepy, half-opened eyes, the flush of her cheeks and the gorgeous half smile wreathing her lips. “You are so fuckin’ gorgeous.”

Cupping her breast in his free hand, he tugged gently on her nipple. Buffy’s gasp heralded the clenching of her inner muscles, and his hips surged upward, responding to her unspoken need. “Christ, woman. . .

Buffy sat up, writhing around his cock, resting her hands on his chest. His hips bucked and rolled under her, surging up into her warm depths. “C’mon baby, take me in. . . jus’ like . . yeah.”

Her eyes opened, boring into his and she bit her lower lip, sliding her hand down to finger her clit. Spike laced his fingers with hers, pressing on the distended button as she rotated her hips. “Tha’s it. . . drown me, squeeze me. . . “

Internal muscles clenched around his cock, and Spike raised up, his arms wrapping around her, flipping her over. His hips surged wildly, thrusting into her, mouth descending on hers. Buffy’s hands clamped around his ass, fingernails digging into his churning muscles, legs locked around his, holding him close. “Come again, for me baby, jus’ for me. . . Buffy. . . “

“Will. . . now, Will. . . “ Her words ended in a garbled mess, the depths of her orgasm rendering her without words.

“Love you. . . love you.”

Spike pulled out, then plunged deep inside her, letting the slippery slide of her ease him deeper than he’d ever been. Rippling muscles tightened around his cock, every nerve in his body alight. His body froze, heart skipping out a mad beat and he thrust once more, coming hard, flooding into her.

Sweat stood out on every inch of his body, his heart thundering out to reach hers.



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&





Buffy woke before he did, reveling in the knowledge that he was home, spooned up behind her, sleeping deeply. She’d missed him so much these past six weeks, though she’d made herself a promise when he left that she wasn’t going to beg him to come home. And she hadn’t. Despite some very good reasons why she needed him home, she hadn’t once begged, asked, pleaded, or even once broached the subject.

Her fingers traced the fine bones of the hand he’d wrapped around her middle, rubbing up over his callouses, crossing the thin scars and thanking every powerful being in the universe for having him there beside her. His leg was firmly wedged between hers, her back flush against his chest, her head tucked just beneath his chin. They were still on the couch, the blanket once more covering them. Their feet tangled together, her toes brushing over his bigger feet, the hair on his legs prickling her skin.

His hand responded to her feather soft touches, brushing gently over her skin, and she knew he was awake.
“Didn’t mean to wake you up.”

He chuckled, blowing stray bits of her hair out of his face. “Yeah, you did, but I’ll forgive you this once.”

“Only this once?” She wriggled her hips, brushing her ass over his semi-erect cock. “Think maybe I could convince you to forgive me again?”

“Mmmm, if you wake me up like this, I’d consider forgiveness.” He cupped her breast, thumb and forefinger rolling the sleep-soft nipple to a hard point.

Her slight flinch stilled his hand, and Spike leaned up on his elbow. “Kitten, you okay?”

Buffy huffed out a soft breath, knowing it was time, yet so very unsure of the moment. “I’m fine.”

By the tone of her voice, he knew something was up, and he thought about letting it go, but some instinct, some inner voice told him to push the issue. “Sweetheart. . . . “

Closing her eyes, Buffy slid her fingers up to join his where they curved around her breast. “Will.”

She went silent, unable to gather the courage to say the words. Not because she
was afraid of his reaction, but because she wanted to savor this moment, hold it in her heart forever, let it be one of those memories she’d carry with her until she was old and gray. . .

He waited, his body so attuned to hers that he could feel her heart thudding in her chest, feel the soft skin at the small of her back, the rush of her breath over his hand.

Her voice was soft and steady, her head angled so that she could see his face from the corner of her eye. “I’m pregnant.”

A slow, wide grin bloomed across his features, so wide his eyes crinkled and the twinkle in their depths took away her breath. “Are you now?”

“Ahuh.”

“Issat why you kept callin’ me every night with somethin’ to say an’ not wantin’ to say it?” He laughed at her pouty lip, pushing her down so that she was almost lying beneath him. “Don’t gimme that lip, baby, you know what happens to me when you do that.”

Just because he asked her, she didn’t change her expression. “How did you know that?”

“Sweetheart, I love you more than life itself, don’t you think I’d notice when you were keeping somethin’ a secret?” Spike leaned down, nuzzling her cheek.

The pout worsened. “You weren’t supposed to guess. I wanted to surprise you.”

“Buffy, luv, look at me.” He coaxed her face closer, brushing a warm finger over her full lips. “I didn’t know. Jus’ knew you were wantin’ to tell me something important, that’s all.”

He leaned in to kiss her, nipping on her lower lip. “An’ for the record, woman, I’m so damn happy. . . do you have any idea how much I love you?”

She threaded her fingers through his unruly curls, tugging him back toward her mouth. Just before she kissed him, she whispered. “Almost as much as I love you. Are you really happy?”

He didn’t move to kiss her, holding back to answer her question. “Sweetheart, from the first moment I saw you, I knew . . . You’re the one, luv. Center of my world. An’ yeah, I’m bloody happy. Happier than I’ve ever been.” His mouth covered hers and he kissed her deeply.

When they broke for air, he tenderly brushed stray hair off her face. “I’ve wanted this, you. . . a home, family, from the beginning.” His eyes stared into hers, blue sparkling with gold and silver lights. “Wanted it so badly, pet.”


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&




Six months and four days later, William James Giles made his much anticipated debut amidst Christmas preparations and Grammy award nominations.

His big brother was very happy he wasn’t a girl.

His father, on the other hand, was hoping his mother wouldn’t be too upset when he suggested maybe they could have that sister next time. . .









I hope you've all enjoyed this, because I had so much fun writing it, I almost didn't want to stop. . . but other stories are tugging at me and the plot bunnies are threatening an uprising. . . . Thanks to every one who was kind enough to leave a review.