Okay, this story was originally supposed to end at the last chapter, but after I had finished it, I was like "hm... what if this happened?" So, now we're going a little deeper into their relationship (a little past the reunion) and there's going to be a little angst. Don't worry, though! It wont last long... I hope you guys like it... and if you don't like any type of angst, just stop reading at the 2nd chapter =]


Miserable, Miserable Trouble

Aunt Abigail and Buffy's mom - Joyce - both sat on the couch with ice packs over their heads. Unfortunately for them, they had been the first ones to rush into Spike's room and had been the first ones to witness the very compromising situation their children were in. And so naturally, the first thing they did was faint.

Right now, there was complete silence in the living room as the two guilty persons were sitting on the couch across from their mothers at complete opposite ends of said couch, hanging their heads and wringing their hands. Occasionally, they slipped a glance at each other, but other than that, they stared at the floor.

"I'm - I'm shocked," Joyce started, then shook her head.

Abigail took it from there, "As am I. Shocked and… very, very disturbed. What exactly was that thing you two were doing?"

"Oh, I believe that's the sixty-nine position," Grandmother Anya piped up from the kitchen where she was baking cookies. Buffy and Spike turned to each other, aghast that their - well, Buffy's - grandmother had seen them. And worse yet, had known to some extent what they were doing…

Grandma didn't stop, "Oh, what's with the looks, children. Your old grandma did have a sex life when she was a young beauty, I'll have you know. Me and your granddaddy there did much, much more than the six-nine - "

"Mother!" Joyce interrupted, covering her ears. "Enough!"

"I concur," Granddaddy Xander said gruffly, shifting uneasily in his wheelchair.

"The point is, you two should not be doing whatever it was that you were doing! In this house, no less! You two are cousins, don't you understand?" Joyce glared at the teenagers who hung their heads again.

Spike protested, "Not really! We're step-cousins."

Joyce shot him a look of death which sent him slouching back down in his seat, "It doesn't matter. You two grew up as cousins!"

"Yeah, but we only saw each other one time every bloody year," Spike grumbled, averting his eyes from Buffy's livid mother.

"Exactly!" she exclaimed, waving her arms and almost dropping her ice pack in the process, "What did you think would happen after… today? We're going away, you're going away, and I do not condone my children having flings with family members - Spike, I don't care if you're step-family! - In fact, I don't condone my children having flings with anybody! And Buffy! Since when were you sexually active - wait, stop. Don't answer that."

She was getting a headache again and Abigail took over.

"Yes, uh, flings are bad. Very bad. And… you two should be very shamed. Deeply shamed," then she sighed, "I'm not very good at this punishment thing."

"Obviously," Joyce muttered, "Look at what happened to your three girls. Evidence of never having received a proper punishment - "

Abigail glared, "Don't you go starting on my kids! My daughter isn't the one who went off to sleep with her cousin!"

"Hey!" Buffy and Spike spoke up, angrily.

"Enough!" Grandfather wheeled himself into the middle of the room. "This is the last morning that we are all together and I will not have my family yelling across the room at each other!"

He turned to face Buffy and Spike. "Spike, do you love Buffy?"

Spike froze, not knowing how to answer. "Well, sir, uh, I, well - " he stammered, then dared to glance at Buffy. She was fixing him with a very curious look, and he didn't know what to say. "Well, I care for her very much, sir."

Grandfather nodded and turned to Buffy.

"Um, ditto," she said softly, shrugging. Spike cast her an incomprehensible glance and looked away.

"I have no problem with the two of you being together," he said, evenly, ignoring the distasteful sounds coming from their respective mothers. "However, I do have a problem with fornication under my roof."

"Oh, we didn't really have sex under your roof, sir. We only …" Spike brightened a little, but stopped when he saw his grandfather's stern glare.

"I have a problem with whatever form of fornication," he amended, then went on, "But be warned. If you two aren't serious about what you have with each other, you may end up causing a rift in this family. And I do have a problem with that. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir," Spike nodded, sitting up straight. Then he tilted his head to look at Buffy's mother who looked like she was about to faint again. "And with all due respect, Aunt Joyce, it wasn't really a fling. I'm going to the University of Sunnyhell - uh - dale next semester."

"Oh," was all she could say.

"So this meeting is adjourned," Grandfather announced, rolling away. "Both of you two go into your rooms. Your separate rooms."

…………

"Are you two really serious?" Harmony crossed her arms under her chest, pushing her boobs up. Buffy paused from her packing to look over at her cousin who seemed a little less than happy at the concept of her and Spike being "serious."

"I think so," Buffy said, noncommittally, then added under her breath, "I hope so."

Harmony gave her a half-smile, half-smirk before shrugging. "You know, Spike's been known to cheat on his old girlfriends. Some major infidelity issues, if you know what I mean."

Buffy froze and forced herself to remain indifferent. Remain calm. Harmony wasn't exactly trying to conceal the fact that she was just trying to push that button in her that would explode and call things off with Spike. Well, she wasn't ready to do that just yet. She wasn't ready to do that anytime soon.

"This is different," Buffy insisted, stuffing the last of her clothes into her suitcase.

Harmony raised an eyebrow, "Okay, okay. I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into."

Before Buffy could reply, she turned and left the room. Buffy glared at the spot where she had been standing and shook her head, deciding to ignore what she had just been told.



About to Leave this Miserable Morning

"You promise to call?" Buffy said softly as they walked out the door of the house. All the suitcases and luggage were already piled in the cars and family members were wandering about, hugging and saying tearful goodbyes.

Spike reached out for her hand and pulled her closer. "Of course, love," he smiled. "It's only going to be a month, you know. It'll fly by."

"Or drag by," she sighed. "Sorry, I'm being stupid."

"No you're not," he shook his head, letting their hands swing together as they walked, "I'll miss you too, kitten."

When they were finally in a semi-private spot under a few trees, he pulled her into his arms. "I'll miss doing this," he whispered, kissing her cheek, "And this - " he kissed her nose "And this - " he nibbled on her ear "And especially this - " he finally kissed her lips and she smiled against him.

She wound her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her as the kiss deepened. She couldn't get over the way he tasted - like stale cigarettes and toothpaste - and had a feeling that no other kiss would ever come close to his. No other kiss could make her go weak at the knees, no other kiss could make her never want to stop…

"Come on, Buffy! Time to go!" her mother's voice called out in the distance and Buffy reluctantly broke away from him.

"I'll call you when I get home," she smiled sadly.

Spike enveloped her into a tight hug, "You'd better."

They parted and Spike watched as Buffy jogged over to her family's minivan and jumped into the backseat.

…………

Miserably Missing You

True to his word, Spike called her throughout the entire month apart. In fact, they called each other at least once every single day, pushing up their family's monthly phone bill.
…………

"Guess what I'm doing, Spike!"

"What's that, love?"

"No fun, you have to guess!"

"Uh, well by the sounds that seem to be coming out of your mouth… you're eating?"

"No!"

"No? Hmm. I give up. What are you doing?"

"Painting my room red. It's cool, you'll love it."

He chuckled, "I'm sure I will, pet. Red's my favorite color."

"I know! That's one of the reasons my room's gonna be red."

"So, I take it we'll be spendin' a lot of time in there, yeah?"

"More than a lot, Spikey."

"Don't call me that!"

"Call you what? Spikey? No? Hm.. what about Blondie Bear?"

"Buffy…."

"Oh, you must hate that. You never call me Buffy unless you're upset or feeling deep. I'm guessing your upset?"

"Buffy…"

"Okay, okay. Hey, guess what else is red?"

"Your panties?"

"How'd you know?"

"Well, that husky I-want-phone-sex voice of yours was a dead giveaway. Other than that? Lucky guess."

"Oh. Well, damn."

…………

"I miss you, love."

"Same here. I had a dream about you last night, you know?"

"Really? Tell me."

"Well… "

"Come on, Summers. I wanna hear it."

"It's kind of embarrassing."

"You're still embarrassed around me? Aw, kitten, I'm touched."

"Shut up! What're you doing right now?"

"Waiting for you to tell me your dream. I want details."

"Well, we're in my bedroom - "

"Oh, so this is one of those dreams, is it? Nice to know. Go on."

"No! Now I'm self conscious."

"C'mon, pet. Maybe we'll have a reenactment when I get over to SunnyD."

"Oh. Okay, well you're wearing this really weird drag queen costume - "

"On the other hand, let's change the subject."

"Hey!"

…………

"I wish you were here right now."

"I wish I was there right now, too, love."

"Oh, I think that's a shooting star! Did you see it?"

"Hm. From where I am, that looks more like a plane to me."

"Really? I don't know. It kinda looked like a shooting star. Where exactly are you, Spike?"

"The roof. What? It's the only decent place in this entire bloody city that has a good view of the stars. It was your idea to go star-gazing, pet."

"Yeah, I know. I'm just imagining you and me, dancing on the rooftops to romantic music, and we'd - "

"Right. Sounds… nice."

"Well, I thought it did. Hey, can you see the big dipper from where you're from?"

"Yeah, I can. I can see everything you're seeing right now, love."

Pause. "I like that."

"Yeah, me too. Oh look, pet, now that's a shooting star."

"That one? How can you tell?"

"Just trust me. It is."

"Okay, make a wish, Spikey!"

"Making one. And don't call me Spikey!"

"I'm not listening to that. … What did you wish for?"

"I wished that - "

"Wait, you're not supposed to tell me."

"Oh. Fine. What did you wish for?"

"I'm not telling you!"

"Oh, come on, love. I promise I wont tell anyone else."

"No."

"Spoil sport."

…………

"I'm packing up right now," Spike said into the phone, smiling and feeling better than he had for weeks, "And I'll be in Sunnydale with my dad in a few days, okay? - - Yeah, I miss you too, baby - - I can't wait to see you - - Oh, sorry to keep you up, love - - That's fine, bye. I'll see you soon."

He sighed as he hung up and looked at the boxes in his room. The past few weeks had been hard, not being able to see her. He'd spent his time packing, tying up loose ends, saying goodbye to friends, and giving his right hand a good nightly workout.

Spike never thought he'd be the type to sit around and mope about a girl - that job was reserved to Ponces like his buddy Angel and other blokes like him, but here he was, all buttered up and on a platter, waiting to be served to her.

But soon, he'd be on his way to see her and all would be well again. Spike smiled as he lay down and pulled the covers up.

…………

Harmony crept down the darkened hallway, careful not to make the wooden floors creak under her weight. Weight which she had been gaining lately, dammit. Oh well, she thought, smiling mischievously at Spike's door as she sidled her way towards it.

Before this summer, Spike hadn't been known for his fidelity towards any of his girlfriends. He had cheated on Cecily (he could deny that until the moon fell from the sky, but Harmony knew the truth), broke up with Drusilla for Darla, then left Darla because she wanted too much commitment. Then there was Buffy.

She couldn't stand the thought of Buffy, her short, no-good, snooty cousin getting her hands all over Spike, who was her stepbrother to dream about and see naked and stuff… she sighed softly as she remembered that time last week where she had walked in on Spike jerking off in the shower. Good times, good visuals. And it also told her that Spike wasn't getting his rocks off with some other girl.

She wasn't stupid, though. He might think that he was being faithful to Buffy, but she knew that he wouldn't be able to resist Harmony. No man could resist the allures of Harmony.

Silently, she twisted the doorknob and edged her way into her stepbrother's room. So she had wanted him for a long time… and in a way, she knew he wanted her. Come on, nobody didn’t want her!

So it was high time to take advantage of that and give her stepbrother a treat that she had wanted to give him ever since she had grown into a C-cup…

Spike was lying on his back with one arm flung over his face. The moonlight filtered into the room, illuminating his pale chest … Harmony took a step closer. The sheets were draped low on his waist and from her vantage point, it was obvious that he wasn't wearing anything under that sheet. Also, from her vantage point, he was also sporting a pretty big erection if the tent in the fabric told her anything at all.

Smiling to herself, she slowly crept towards him and sat on his bed. It creaked under her weight, but he didn't even stir. Then again, her stepbrother could sleep through a world war if it was right out of his window. She stayed like that for a little while before reaching out and pulling the sheet off her stepbrother.

…………

Spike was having a good dream. A really good dream. In this really good dream, Buffy was crouched down between his legs with his cock in her mouth and suck-jobbing him into oblivion. And what a beautiful oblivion.

"Buffy…" he moaned, pulling at his dream-girl's hair. "Buffy, I need… Buffy… "

She grinned at and deep-throated him; it was too much for him to take and he exploded into her mouth. "Buffy, I love you…" he gasped, "I love you so much…"

"WHAT!?" A shrill voice came from nowhere and his eyes fluttered open to see Harmony at the edge of his bed, wiping something off her mouth and staring wide-eyed at him.

"Wait, Harmony?" He furrowed his brow and reached out to turn the lamp on his bedstand on. "What are you doing here?"

Light flooded the room and she backed away from his bed as if she were… angry… and guilty? Spike looked down to see the sheet pulled off his body and his - Oh, god, it wasn't a dream….

It wasn't a dream… and his stepsister was giving him a look of complete horror.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" He hissed, reaching blindly for the sheets and wrapping it around his waist.

"I - I thought I'd - " she stammered, unable to finish her sentence.

"You thought what?" He couldn't keep his voice down. "Harmony… What. Did. You. Do?"

But he already knew what she had done. She had interrupted him in the middle of a bloody wonderful wet-dream and like the stupid male that he was, he had kept on dreaming and kept on letting his goddamn stepsister give him a blowjob… A monster was creeping up his stomach and he wanted to hurl.

Buffy… he thought, desperately. It wasn't his fault, what Harmony had done, but he couldn't get rid of the feeling that he had betrayed his girlfriend. A girlfriend that he… cared for. And loved. You love her, you bloody git, a voice sang in his head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," Harmony was saying, but he wasn't really paying attention. "I didn't know you loved her! I thought she was just… you know."

Spike needed to control his temper, but it was becoming very bloody hard to do, "Harm. It's best if you leave. Now."

"But, I thought we could… " she pointed the space between them, then dropped her hand. "But I guess you don't want to - "

He growled and she whirled around to leave the room.

When she was finally gone, he collapsed into his bed and buried his head in his hands. What have I done?



nxt chapter'll be posted on Saturday or Sunday ;)