Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you guys enjoyed this little fic... it was really fun to write. Thanks for the reviews and the support!!
Miserably in Your Life Again

Spike had done everything in his power to avoid Harmony, lest he feel the urge to do something rash. Such as choke her, or punch her face in, or drown her in the bathtub… but he was a gentleman and would never hurt a lady.

But when the day finally came for him to drive down to Sunnydale, Harmony appeared on the driveway with a box of his stuff and planted herself in the backseat of his father's van.

"What the bloody hell are you doing here?" He asked, keeping his voice low.

His father stepped out of the building with a box in each arm, "Oh, she's helping us with your move, Spike. I didn't think you'd mind."

He slowly breathed in and out, then shook his head. Fine. She could stay. But if she got within three feet of him, he wouldn't be responsible for whatever pain he might inflict.

…………

Spike didn't know what hit him when Buffy's door flew open. But what it looked like was a little blonde fireball. She tackled him to the ground and attacked him with hot, open-mouthed kisses on his face and his neck, making him laugh and hold her even closer. God, and Harmony thought she could take this away from me…

"I … missed you … so much!" Buffy said in-between kisses. Spike tried to kiss her back, but she was moving too fast, going from his forehead, to his cheek, to the side of his neck, to his chin, to his other cheek. He held her face still with both hands and brought her lips down to his.

"Mmm," he moaned as she brushed her tongue against his. "I missed you more."

A stern cough made them break away and scramble sheepishly to their feet. "Sorry, Uncle Joe," Buffy shuffled her feet and grabbed Spike's arm, pulling him down for one last, quick kiss.

Joe Douglass just shook his head as he looked from his son to his son's girlfriend and walked into the house. "Young love," he muttered as went to look for Hank, Buffy's father.

Buffy looked up at her boyfriend and couldn't help the smile from spreading across her face, "So, I really - hey, Harmony."

Her cousin gave her a nervous smile and a small wave before she followed her stepfather into the house. Buffy frowned, "What's her problem?"

"Hell if I know," Spike stiffened, then took Buffy into his arms, "But lets not think about her. Lets think about you and me and how we have to make up for all those nights when I woke up without you in my arms."

"Oh, how unthoughtful of me," She giggled and pressed herself against him, "But you lived, right?"

"Barely," he kissed her forehead. They stood there for a little while, him telling her exactly how he'd like to spend the next few hours with her while she blushed and pushed him away without really pushing him away.

"So, am I helping you move into the dorms?" Buffy asked, changing the subject.

Spike grinned. "Of course, pet. You even get to help decorate!"

"Oh, fun!" Buffy laughed, "What do you think about a nice Justin Timberlake poster right above your bed?"

"Do that and see what happens," he growled playfully in her ear and gently bit her neck.

"Ooh, threat or promise?" she shuddered as he licked his bite mark then sealed it with a kiss.

Before he could answer, his father and Buffy's father walked out of the house with an unhappy looking Harmony in tow.

"Time to look at your dorms, son," Joe said, passing them. Hank gave Spike a warning look that scared him enough to take a step away from Buffy. Harmony looked at the ground, avoiding their eyes as she followed.

"Ruin my fun," Spike muttered. Buffy slapped him lightly on the arm, then hooked her elbow around his as they made their way to the van.

…………

"Aw! You read Shakespeare?" Buffy giggled as she picked a worn book out of a box. Spike scowled at her and took the book away from her prying fingers.

"Yes, I do," he said, indignantly, "And I'll have you know, only real men read Shakespeare."

"Recite me something romantic," she ordered. He gave her a look and she resorted to begging, "Please?"

Spike laughed, "'Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?'… you're both hot, agitating, and you both make me sweat excessively."

Buffy rolled her eyes and reached in for another box. "Oh look! Spikey-wikey reads romance novels!"

"Oy!" He grabbed the book and took the box away from her with a glower. "Not bloody romance…"

Harmony's jealousy kept mounting as she watched the playful banter between her cousin and her stepbrother. He kept flirting with her! Right in front of her. For some reason, she knew that her jealousy was wrong… but she couldn't help it.

She had better run away before she blurted out something really stupid. Something she'd regret. Something like…

"Spike slept with me," came out of her mouth before she could help it. It was said with so much conviction, even she almost believed it was true.

Spike, Buffy, and the two fathers froze as she clamped her hand over her mouth.

"He did?" Joe and Hank asked at the same time as Spike asked, "I did?"

Harmony ran out of the room, red-faced and embarrassed. It was a white lie, but it seemed so true! Spike was supposed to be hers! Meanwhile, Joe and Hank looked at each other and Spike, confused, but Spike's attention was fixated on Buffy's face.

She had frozen and it was impossible to tell what she was thinking.

"Buffy," he reached out towards her and she jerked away.

She stared at him with wide, unbelieving eyes. "Please… tell me that isn't true." What had Harmony told her while on the last day of the family reunion? What had she said about Spike? 'Some major infidelity issues, if you know what I mean'.

"It's not!" He cried out, "Well, not exactly!"

At his last three words, Buffy tore out of the room, running down the hall and disappearing out into the sunny day, not really sure where she was headed for. Spike faltered for a short moment before running after her, leaving the two very confused fathers to finish emptying out his boxes.

…………

The tears just flew down her face in torrents. So that's why Harmony was acting funny earlier, she thought angrily as she spotted a few benches out in the quad. Spike said he didn't exactly sleep with her. What the hell did that even mean? Had he done something with her? Kissed her? Told her something? Been suggestive?

None of the other alternatives eased the pressure off of Buffy's heart. Well, it's expected, a small part of her sighed, he didn't really love you anyways. Remember what he told Granddaddy? "Well, uh, I care about her…", that bumbling idiot.

It was hard to believe, but that month apart with nothing between them but a telephone had been what made her start to fall. It was the easy way they talked over the phone, how he could soothe her just with the sound of his voice, the playful way they flirted… it had been everything to her. She could have gone on for years with just his voice every single night over the telephone.

But apparently, he couldn't, she thought sadly.

"Buffy!" she heard his voice call her name in the distance, but didn't bother waving him down.

When she heard his footsteps approaching, she turned away.

"Buffy, we need to talk," he stopped, panting when he reached her.

She fixed him with cold eyes then got up and started to walk away. "We have nothing to talk about, Spike," she said, her voice flat.

"That's not true!" He pleaded, keeping up with her, "You haven’t heard what I had to say!"

"What exactly did you two do together?"

Spike hesitated, wondering how he could word that embarrassment that had happened between him and Harmony.

"Well, uh, she did something, uh, dirty, but I was thinking about you the entire time!" For some reason, that didn't quite come out the way he wanted it to.

Buffy broke down as the tears sprang back up.

"Wait, that's not - that's not what I meant!" Spike tried to amend and brought his arms around her. She pushed him away and he felt his heart start to break. As she walked away, he realized that he couldn't let her go. Not when she had such a firm grasp on his heart,.. and why wouldn't she just stop so he could explain!

"Buffy, stop!" He ran after her and grabbed her arm.

"No, I heard what you had to say, and I'm through, Spike," she glared. She was just beginning to love him and when the words had come out of his mouth, she felt her insides get torn up. She couldn't do it.

"That didn't come out right… It was just a thing, Buffy! It meant nothing!"

She couldn't help but snort at the words flooding out of his mouth. Only Spike would say something like that and think it'd work. It was a woman! It meant nothing! It was just a thing! It meant nothing! Bullshit.

"Look, I was asleep, okay? I was… dreaming about you and when I woke up, Harmony was at the foot of my bed and I realized that while I was dreaming about… uh, you giving me a blowjob, she was giving me the real thing all along. Buffy, I'm… I'm sorry! Okay? But I couldn't help it! I didn't wake up or realize it on time!"

When she just stared at him without saying anything, he hurried up to fill up the silence. "I'm sorry, love, I really am. But, you have to believe me! I was dreaming about you and I love you and I can't live without you, so please don't leave me just because of thi - "

"You what?" Buffy cut him off, tilting her head up to look directly into his eyes.

"I- uh, I love you," he repeated slowly. Buffy nodded and walked past him. Spike stared after her, shocked that her reaction was, well, nothing. Suddenly she whirled around and ran back to him.

"Promise me something," she breathed out, sucking in great gulps of air, "Promise me that you'll never lie to me."

Spike cocked his head to the side, trying to make out what she was saying. "I wont, love. I promise."

She nodded, then said, "Promise me that if you get tired of me, you'll tell me and end things. Promise me you'll never cheat on me."

"Cheat on you?! What the hell are you on about? Yeah, maybe I've had one or two issues in the past, but bloody hell, Buffy… this is different! I'll never get tired of you! How can I? We barely even started! I lov-"

"Just promise me, Spike," Buffy cut him off, looking him directly in the eye.

After what seemed like forever, he bobbed his head up and down, "Alright, pet. Whatever. I'll tell you if I ever get tired of you, though that's just a bunch of bollocks."

"It's just that… how can you love me? We've barely been together for more than a month!" She exploded, taking a step back and flinging her arms in the air.

"Yeah, but I've known you a lot longer," he kept his voice calm, taking a step towards her.

"Not really," Buffy shook her head. She got tired of standing so she just sat down in the wet grass and stretched her legs out in front of her. So she'd get major grass stains later, but right now, she didn't really care.

"Then what about the past month, love? Those phone calls every night? Hearing your voice in my head before I fell asleep? Whenever I was upset, I called you, whenever I was happy, I called you, whenever I was lonely or excited or feeling anything, I'd. Call. You. When you're hurting, I'm hurting and all I can think about is taking your hurt away so … bloody hell, woman. You're like,… this voice in my head that's blocking everything out. So maybe it's not really love, okay? I don't know what the bleedin' fuck love is, but I sure as hell know that I've never felt this way about anyone before."

The monologue took a lot out of him and he ended up sitting on the grass next to her. They both sat there, quietly breathing and refusing to look at each other.

Slowly, Buffy let her hand inch over to his and when their pinkies made contact, Spike stopped breathing all together. She clasped her hands around his and held fast, realizing that letting go was the last thing she ever wanted to do.

"Buffy?" Spike whispered her name, sounding tired.

"Don't let go, Spike," she turned to look into the deep, calm blue of his eyes. "Don't ever let go."

Slowly, he leaned over until his lips were centimeters from hers. He hesitated for a moment, as if waiting for her to take the next move - to close that extra space until their lips finally touched. She looked down at his lips, then up to his eyes and she saw all the adoration being freely given to her, opened up and ready for her to do the taking.

She smiled a little bit, then closed her eyes as she erased the distance between them and pressed her lips to his.

…………

A few hours later, they were all inside the van again, getting ready to drive back. Spike and Buffy were holding onto each other and snuggling in the backseat, Joe and Hank took up the driver's seat and the passenger's seat, and Harmony sat by herself in the middle row.

The girl didn't apologize for lying and trying to break them up, she didn't even bother to look at them as they walked back hand in hand. At this point, Buffy couldn't care less.

Harmony was… a road bump. And she foresaw many road bumps in the future, which she proceeded to tell Spike.

"Yeah," he chuckled softly in her ear and pulled her closer, "But hey, it made us stronger, didn't it? If each roadbump's like this one, then sooner or later, we'll be glued together and we wouldn't be able to separate even if we wanted to."

…………

One Last Miserable - or Not so Miserable - Hurrah!

Buffy's mouth watered as she focused her eye through the keyhole of her bathroom's door. Spike had just stepped out of the shower completely naked; water was dripping off of his sculpted body and steam was rising off his skin. She couldn't get over just how completely gorgeous her boyfriend was.

I'll never get tired of looking at him, she decided as she watched him stretch his arms over his head and shake his head out, letting water droplets fly everywhere. Especially through keyholes…

He turned and bent down to grab the towel, treating Buffy with a full view of his butt. And what a butt, she sighed. When he started drying himself off, Buffy could hardly contain her gasp… he toweled his hair, wiped at his chest, his stomach, his… wow, did he ever not have an erection?

"Door's unlocked, you know," he suddenly spoke, his voice slightly muffled through the door and Buffy fell onto her butt, surprised that he knew she was there.

Grinning sheepishly, she stood and opened the door just wide enough for her to slip through.

"How'd you know I was watching?" she asked, stepping into the arm he held out to her. Spike laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Well, there were those peculiar noises at the door throughout my entire shower," he teased, trapping her between the ledge of the sink and his naked body. "And then there's the fact that I can't ever seem to take a bloody shower without somebody ogling my hot bod."

"It's not my fault you're irresistible," she sighed into his chest, then pulled back slightly, furrowing her brow, "Wait. Who else has been ogling your hot bod besides me? Because I'm your girlfr -"

Spike shut her up with a heady kiss, effectively jumbling her mind up until she forgot exactly what train her thoughts had been on.

"Mmm, Stop it," she murmured into his mouth. "Or else I'm gonna jump you right now…"

He didn't stop. "I wouldn't complain," he told her as he trailed kisses down the column of her throat. His hands found their own way under her shirt and he made quick work of removing it and throwing it against the door.

He frowned disapprovingly at her bra, "I hate these." He said before biting at the material.

"Spike!" she protested when he clamped down on her bra with his teeth and pulled it down, setting one of her breasts free. His mouth encircled her nipple and he sucked at it, lightly, letting his teeth gently run against the hardened nub.

Within seconds, the bra was off, joining the shirt at the floor, and he kneeled down, working at the buttons of her jeans.

"Hate these, too," he said, playfully, tugging at the material. "From now on, no bra and no jeans. Only skirts. Or better yet, only naked Buffy for me."

The button came free and Spike wasted no time unzipping the jeans and sliding them off her long slender legs. Buffy used her arms to push herself up onto the counter as he took them completely off and shoved them aside.

She gave him a tantalizing look and slowly spread her legs, giving him a good look at those soaked red panties…

Suddenly, the doorknob turned and Joyce walked in, not knowing that the bathroom was already occupied.

"AHHH!" She screamed as she widened her eyes to the sight of her daughter poised on top of the bathroom counter with her legs spread and her daughter's boyfriend kneeling on the floor, face inches away from…. Oh god.

Buffy yelped, covering herself up, and Spike jumped up to wrap himself and Buffy into a big fluffy towel.

Joyce fainted.


The End.