Author's Chapter Notes:
n/a
Buffy’s plan the next day was to avoid Spike in school at all cost. She knew that it was a plan that shouldn’t be so hard to accomplish since neither of them had a class together anyway.


By the end of the third period, she was already beginning to calm down. Her day seemed to have been working pretty well for her until her wary green eyes spotted Angel and Darla approaching the hallway. Great.


She momentarily closed her eyes, hoping that it would block out the hurt she was feeling within her chest. This is not happening! I didn’t just see Angel getting all cozy with his ex girlfriend. He can’t possibly be thinking of getting back with her!


She peeked again from behind her locker door. A feeling of confusion momentarily went through her when saw that they were no longer there. But when she turned, they appeared right in front of her.


“Hi Buffy!” Darla greeted with a false smile on her face.



“Oh hi Darla.” She tried to respond back as casually as possible. “Hi Angel.”



“Hey Buff, how are you?” Angel asked.



“Okay I guess... You?”



“I’ve been coping...”



“I could see that.” She threw an annoyed glare at Darla.


Angel looked at her with concern. ”I’m sorry that things didn’t work well between us.”


“I’m sorry too.” She answered sadly. She watched bitterly as Darla stepped in front of Angel.


“You know what I’m thankful for?” Darla asked.


Buffy cocked a defiant eyebrow at her. “Silicone Breasts implants?”


Darla’s overly aggravating grin momentarily faltered. “No.”


“Okay, not that I care- but what?” Buffy asked nonchalantly, crossing her arms.


“I’m so thankful that you sucked big time in the girlfriend department.“


Buffy’s eyes went wide. Could it possibly be that the entire school already heard about her big blunder with Angel?


“Oh don’t worry,” Darla told her. ”Only I knew about what happened between you and Angel…Well for now, since it was me who he came to that night to take care of his little problem. Thanks to you, Angel and I are back together again.”


No! Her mind screamed as tears started to well up in her eyes.


“Come on, Darla. We got places to go and things to do,” Angel told the other blonde as he started to walk away.


But Darla wasn’t finished yet. “Oh don’t cry, sweetie. It’s not entirely your fault that you’re not girlfriend material. So what if you didn’t know what you were doing …most of the time! ”


Buffy’s right hand had already balled into a tight fist by the end of Darla’s rambling. Inside her head, she was just calculating the right time to give it to her. If she had her way, Darla would be clutching helplessly to her face crying out- Oh God, my nose, my nose!


“I don’t know which is funnier! The fact that you’ll remain a pathetic virgin for the rest of your life or the idea that you don’t even know how to kiss?!” Darla went on, her face now barely inches away from hers. “Oh yeah, Angel told me that your kiss was the worst kiss he’d ever had.”


That did it! Buffy was about lift her hand to hit Darla when-


“Buffy!” called the familiar voice beside her. “There you are, luv!”


“Spike?” Even at the height of her emotions, Buffy couldn’t stop her heart from leaping at the sight of the familiar bleached blonde approaching her.


“Sorry I was late,” he told her sweetly as he came between Darla and her. “Excuse us,” he told the other blonde as he rapidly reached for Buffy’s hand. Spike was quick and his movement precise as he used his body to pin her against the locker behind her. “I’ve been waiting to do this all day.”


“Spike, what are you-“ The rest of her sentence was lost as Spike swiftly crushed his mouth against hers.


Buffy’s eyes instantly widened at his lips’ sudden intrusion but soon fluttered close at the feel of his mouth sucking her lower lip. Mmmm. She never knew kissing Spike would feel this gooood. “Buffy, I want you to kiss me back,” he whispered softly in her ear before he licked the sensitive skin there. “Can you do that, luv?”


Buffy stared up at him dazedly. At this point, Spike could have asked her to jump off a bridge and she would have done it…Well not really but, her mind was far too gone to make any protests. All she could think about was his lips and how much she wanted to feel them touching hers again. So she did the only thing that made sense to her and leaned over and kissed him back. To her relief, her actions were rewarded as Spike moved even more closer to deepen it more.


Spike’s hand moved to her waist and he carefully inserted it inside her blouse to caress the skin on her lower back. As her mouth momentarily parted from her surprised gasp, Spike took the opportunity and slipped his tongue in between her lips.


Buffy moaned loudly at their tongues’ initial contact. Damn, Spike is a good kisser! Her mind managed to formulate as his kisses soon became urgent and full of passion.


Buffy held on to him like he would disappear if she ever let go. She loved the way her body sang as the feeling of something familiar began to surge within her. A feeling so similar to what she’d encountered the night before. As their tongues mingled in a fiery kiss, she began to feel something else too. Something very hard was poking on her belly. Holy Shit! Is that what I think it is? The moment her mind was able to process what it was, memories of the night before came rushing back to her mind.


Automatically, her face turned into a deep shade of red as she soon became aware of what they had just done. Buffy quickly withdrew from their kiss. Oh…my…God! She could not believe she just made out with her best friend in public!


Her face mirrored their audience’s shocked expression. They appear to have their big eyes glued upon them, except for Angel who seemed to have formed a big scowl on his face.


“Sweet! “ Parker commented. “Angel must’ve been on crack when they kissed.”


Darla fumed. “Shut-up!”


“I could pretty much tell that had been a helluva kiss just by looking at Spike’s pants.”


With Parker’s last comment, Buffy’s eyes instantly went to Spike’s crotch. Oh God, she almost forgot about that!


Instinctively, she stepped in front Spike to cover him, but as she did, her rear accidentally came on contact with his erection, making Spike’s eyes roll up in its sockets. “Bloody Hell! You’re not helping, luv.”


“Sorry," Buffy whimpered as she moved her bottom away from him.


“Okay! Show’s over!” Spike yelled at the spectators. ”Don’t forget that you still have classes to go to, people, so sod off!”


*****************

“Holy cow! I can’t believe we just made out in front of Angel and Darla,” she told him nervously, keeping her eyes in the same level as his.


“But have you seen the looks on their faces, pet? It was priceless.” He laughed.


“Darla looked pretty pissed.”


Spike’s face suddenly turned serious when he remembered the scene that he just walked into earlier. “I couldn’t bear the way Darla was treating you so I had to prove them wrong-“


“By kissing me,” she continued for him. So that’s what his kiss was all about? Not that it really mattered but she couldn’t help but feel a little…disappointed? Where the hell did that come from? She’s not supposed to feel anything for the bleached wonder or for anyone else since she’s so much in love with Angel. “But I didn’t need your help, Spike. I was doing really well until you showed up.”


“If I didn’t show up, Darla would have a broken nose by now judging from the way you were closing your fists.” You were about to cry, too. If he had seen as much as tear fall from Buffy’s eyes he’d beat the crap out of Angel and the annoying bint as well.


“And that’s bad because?”


“You would’ve ended up in detention.”


“As if making out in the hallway was not gonna get us into the same kind of trouble,” she told him before she turned to leave.



“Buffy wait! What are you so upset about, luv?”


“I don’t know... I guess I just hate the fact that Angel has already moved on.”


“But didn’t you notice how bothered he looked when he saw us? “


“Yeah, I did notice. He did have the look on his face like he was about to brood more than usual,” she said, her face lightening-up. “Hey! Maybe he’s starting to regret his decision to leave me.”


“Yup. Maybe.” Spike agreed hesitantly.


“I bet they’re having a fight right now! Ooooh! I bet he broke up with her already!”


“Now, let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” Spike reminded her. ”All we know for certain is that you got Angel’s attention.”


The adoring smile she threw his way made his heart race. ”You’re absolutely right. When did you get so smart?”



“Probably about the same time you started to become pigheaded.”


She playfully slapped his arm, which earned a light chuckle from Spike.


“You know what?”


“What?”


“If Angel wants a perfect girlfriend, I’ll give him one. No more Mr. Nice Guy. I need to learn everything, Spike.”


“But pet, I’ve heard that before.”


“Spike, this time I’m really serious. I’ll do everything.”


Okay, I’ve definitely heard that before.


“Buffy I –“


Buffy silenced him with a finger on his lips. “Everything to make him love me. Want me…Damn it, I’ll do anything, Spike. Even if I have to get naked trying.”


Oh Bugger!



“Spike, I’m ready.”


He tried to sound not out of breath when he asked, “Ready for what, pet?”


“To take your lesson to the next level.”



TBC





A/N: Hello everyone! First of all, big hugs and kisses to all my readers!
So glad to be back! As promised here’s my latest installment after New Year’s day. It’s actually prelude to this story’s upcoming spuffy moments. Let me know if you guys liked it.

Secondly, thanks to everyone who reviewed on my last chapter. Thanks also to my heaven sent, beta. Natalie for doing such a great job with this chap! And last but not the least, my special thanks goes to the person/s who nominated my other story- For you I will at the Lost in Spike awards! You guys totally rock!

Happy New Year !!!