Author's Chapter Notes:
N/A
Flash back (Spike POV)
Monday Morning


It was wrong…on so many levels.


To be automatically turned on while your best friend gawks at your penis is wrong. What’s even more wrong is when I wanked myself to sleep last night…two times…thinking about her.


What the bloody hell’s wrong with me? It was nothing more than a plain teenage crush!
At least that’s what he thought it was, the first time that he saw her four years ago when his family moved to the house next to theirs.


He briefly remembered how torn up he was over the move and his break-up with his girlfriend, Cecily. He’d been heartbroken and empty inside. The only thing that made him feel alive again was the sight of Buffy Summers sitting on one of the steps of her front porch, lost in her own thoughts. There was something in the way her eyes brightened the moment their eyes met that made him catch his breath.


He could still remember it like it was yesterday…The way her short brown hair bounced around her shoulders when she looked-up at him…The way she smiled timidly…So beautiful.


And she was his Buffy. At least that’s what he wanted her to be…in his heart. Yet his experience from a bad break-up had compelled him to remain just friends with her. So he ignored the little voice inside his head, nagging him that he and Buffy should be together.


He had chosen to brush his feelings aside in the name of friendship. Pathetic, isn’t it? He did all he could to remain a good friend to her. For a while, his planned seemed to have worked, convincing himself that his crush had long faded when he started dating other girls. But he couldn’t have been more wrong.


The day after he did his little peep show with Buffy, his mind began to be filled once again with no else but her. Thus, he tried to execute the only plan that made sense to him: Avoid Buffy at all costs. He wanted to prove to himself that he could get her out of his system by keeping his mind occupied with a certain brunette named Dru.


He knew he had agreed to help Buffy with her poofter problem, but he’d already made up his mind to forfeit. He’s backing out. Even if it means that he had to work his way to have Drusilla as his date for the prom. A problem he soon realized shouldn’t be difficult as he noticed the way the brunette kept eyeing his naked torso that morning at the basketball practice. I finally got her attention. And that meant he could avoid coming across more trouble with the petite blonde.


Stay away from Buffy…was the incessant mantra that he kept running through his head while he walked down the hall that would lead to his next class. And that was when he saw her, standing beside her locker with her back to him. What was he thinking about again? …Oh right, stay away from Buffy…far away….Like now.


All at once, he turned, with the intention of using the other hallway to go to his class. It would definitely take him twice the time to get to his destination, but he won’t be able to bump into Buffy for sure and that’s what mattered.


He had only taken a few steps in the opposite direction when he heard Darla’s annoying chirping voice greeting Buffy. So he turned and watched the entire discussion. His jaw clenched and unclenched as he watched Angel exchange pleasantries with her.


It was the way Buffy had responded that made him feel a sharp stabbing pain inside his heart. Damn that pathetic poofter! She was hurting and all he wanted to do…was kiss her.


And that’s when it hit him. Oh no! he whimpered to himself as the realization that he’s in love with Buffy shot through him like a bow from an arrow.



So he stepped in, took her in his arms and for once, did what his heart ordered him to do. He kissed her.


What he thought was wrong never felt so right at that moment.


End of flashback



*******************

Monday 6pm


“Buffy, are you okay?” Willow’s voice was full of concern as she spoke to Buffy from the other end of the line.
`

“Oh Willow, I’m far from okay,” Buffy sobbed.


“I just got back from spending the weekend at my Dad’s so I just checked my messages now. What happened?”


“Angel broke up with me.”


“Oh God! I’m sorry. I feel like I should’ve been there with you.”


“It’s all right, Wills. Mom has been really supportive, and Spike too.” Buffy told Willow what happened the night that she and Angel broke up.


“You told Spike about that too? How did he take it? Is Angel still alive?”



***********************
Moments after her conversation with Willow, heavy tears fell from her eyes as she entered the shower. Angel’s amused grin taunted her while Darla’s hurtful words echoed over and over like a dreadful broken record that wouldn’t end.


Angel and I are back together again….
Oh don’t cry, sweetie. It’s not entirely your fault you’re not girlfriend material,
Girlfriend material…Girlfriend material.


Grrr!
“I’ll show her who’s really girlfriend material.” She told herself as she emerged from her bathroom.


Now that she had a good cry, it’s time to move on and change the way people look at her.


She stared at herself in her full-sized mirror. I’m tired of being called cute and adorable. Just for once I wanna be somebody who could be branded hot and ...what did Spike called one of the girls he liked? Oh right, shaggable.. I wanna be called hot and shaggable. She sighed, took off her robe and checked herself out on her mirror. As the air brushed against her naked skin, her whole body tingled and her nipples hardened in anticipation.


Slowly, she ran her hands all over her chest and imagined those hands belonging to someone else…Someone she was hoping to be Angel…or so her stubborn mind kept telling herself. She closed her eyes and caressed the swell of her breast. She wondered how it would feel to have a man’s eyes staring at her nude body with pure unadulterated lust. And with that last thought, a shiver ran through her.



She looked at her door and a smile formed on her lips. She’d been wondering for a while now, what it would be like to walk throughout the house with nothing on. Her mom’s out of town and Spike won’t be there for at least an hour. Hmmmm. She had the house to herself.


*****************

Spike spoke with Xander on the phone and was told that their little get together was not going to happen since Anya had asked Xander to help him with a school project. Spike doubted if the project was school related at all. So instead of heading to the Bronze, he arrived at Buffy’s house earlier than they agreed.


He rang the doorbell. Nothing. Rang again and same thing happened. Nothing. Spike knew her well enough to know that she was probably in the shower at that time and he couldn’t hear anything. So he did what he would usually do and looked under one of the flowerpots on their porch.


Bingo! He smiled as he held the spare key in his hand. Within seconds he was already in. He immediately headed straight towards the kitchen to help himself to a can of beer.


*****************

Meanwhile, in the same house, a door to one of the bedrooms upstairs slowly opened and a girl wearing a short robe came out.

“All right, Buffy. It’s just you in your old house.” She muttered to herself, scanning the area like a secret agent in one of those spy movies.” What can possibly go wrong?”


Buffy heaved a big sigh and quickly tiptoed down the stairs. She went straight to the living room and checked the windows to make sure the curtains were closed before she discarded her robe.


As the thin garment pooled at her feet, it didn’t take long before she found herself twirling like a happy little kid. It felt different. For once, she was free of her inhibitions. “Whoa, I should really do this more often.”


Buffy smiled wickedly as she thought of opening the door for Spike looking the way she did now. To her surprise, that same familiar sensation within her belly came back full force. It was a sensation she was fairly getting used to now whenever Spike was within her thoughts or close proximity.


Let’s see, what room hasn’t she gone to yet? Grinning widely to herself, she started to head to the kitchen. She wondered foolishly what it would feel like to open a can of soda in the buff. To have the cold air from the fridge graze her bare skin?

“There’s only one way to find out.”


********************************


Spike got out a beer, opened it and took a large gulp. When he was done, he tried to toss it in the garbage can but missed. What the? He must be a bit shaky just thinking about what he had in store for Buffy that night. “Damn,” he grunted as he crouched behind the kitchen island to pick up the empty can, completely missing the exact time another person came in.


When he stood back up, his mouth fell open when he saw that a goddess with long honey blonde hair was standing beside the fridge with her back facing him. Fuck! He can’t believe that Buffy was standing in front of him, completely nude.


With his cock painfully straining against his jeans, he let his hungry gaze roam over the soft skin on her back down to her lovely, delectable buttocks he was now itching to touch with his bare hands.


And when she turned, nothing could prepare him for the surge of lust that invaded his body as he drank in every slim angle of her body. His eyes devoured every inch of her, beginning from the tinge of brown curls between her thighs. He loved the way they were nicely trimmed and partially shaved enough to give him a peek of the rosy nubbin that hid in between. Moving upward, his eyes drank in the sight of her ample breasts and pink hard nipples that were just begging to be licked and-


“Oh God!!!” An arm went to cover her chest as she went behind the counter to shield the lower part of her body from his avid stare. “Spike! What the- How did you get in here?”



TBC

A/N Love the reviews! Really really love ‘em! I enjoy writing this story so much I just had to post another chapter before the week ends. Thanks for continuing to support this story. Thanks to my beta – Natalie, for working on this chap with me.
Be warned : Smut coming up on the next chap. (winks)