Author's Chapter Notes:
Special thanks to Natalie for helping me out with this chap!
Bloody Hell! Spike almost came at the sound of his name being screamed from Buffy’s mouth.


As he watched her come down from the height of her climax, the feeling of wanting to crush his lips on hers was so overwhelming that he had to close his eyes tight. He almost felt like blacking out from the effort of having to restrain himself.


Catching her breath, Buffy weakly sat up on the couch. “That was…(pants) I’ve never felt anything so-“


Just then, they heard clanging sound of keys being inserted into a lock. Both heads turned towards the door with wide eyes filled with alarm.

*************************

Meanwhile at the other side of the door stood none other than Joyce. For some reason, she couldn’t seem to get the key to work and it took her several futile attempts to finally get the door unlocked.


“Good evening, Miss summers.” Spike tried to appear engrossed with the show on TV. He had quickly placed a pillow on his lap to give him time as he willed away his erection. He had told Buffy he should by go to the bathroom until his little situation had subsided, but she insisted he stay put since she thought it would only arouse her mom’s suspicion if she came in and found nobody hanging out in the living room.


Joyce wasn’t really surprised to see Spike in the living room, watching TV. Spike was like a son to her and it was not unusual for him to be spending time with her daughter, even on a school day. Moreover, she was quite relieved to see his presence, knowing that that he was living up to his promise of looking after her daughter.


“Good evening, Spike.” Joyce smiled at the young lad, while she placed her coat on the rack. She looked at the TV. ”Wow, I never knew that you like watch baby deliveries.”


“Oh.” Spike’s expression was almost comical as he tried to cover his surprise when he realized what show he was pretending to watch. “I-I like babies. Probably because I don’t have a sibling.”


“I think that’s sweet.” Joyce told him before she went to the kitchen, expecting to find Buffy there. ”Where’s Buffy?”


“She’s upstairs.”


Joyce threw him an apologetic look. “You guys didn’t have a fight, did you?”


“No, she’s just getting ready for bedtime.“ Spike quickly tried to change the subject. “How was your flight, Mrs. Summers?”


“Mom!” Buffy marched down the stairs in her yummy sushi pajamas. ”You’re back…early.”


Joyce hugged her daughter and gave her a light kiss on the forehead. “Yeah, I just found out that they canceled the gallery show for tomorrow, so I went ahead and checked if there was an available flight this afternoon, so here I am. Are you okay? You look a little flushed?”


Buffy threw a guilty look at Spike, at which he responded by cocking his brow.


”I…uh I do? I mean yeah I think I must be coming down with something. I-I don’t feel well.”


Joyce placed her palm on her forehead to check her temperature.


“You feel warm, too.” Joyce turned to Spike. “How about you, Will dear? Are you okay? You look like you’re coming down with something, too.”



***************

The next day


Drusilla Miles. What on earth did Spike saw in her? Buffy thought to herself. She watched with growing impatience as the annoying brunette half-filled a small crucible with silver nitrate and placed it on a triangle. God, she even makes heating the crucible with a lab burner look dirty and indecent.


“Yes.”


Buffy stared at the loony brunette in utter disbelief. “Yes?”


Okay, this is definitely not good. She had practically thrown the question at Dru, hoping that the vapid ho would be her usual cocky self and ignore her.


She had it all played out in her head. Even imagined how Dru would just hiss at her and tell her to sod off. However, the word that came out of Dru’s lips had been the last thing she expected. After all, Spike had tried to get to her but failed miserably each time, so why oh why would she say yes to her now?


“Yes, I would love to go with my lovely prince to the prom.” Dru chuckled at the way Buffy was looking at her. “Why sunshine! You look so surprised.”


“Okay, first of all, my name is not Sunshine and second –he’s not your lovely prince.”


“Not yet, but soon he will be.” Dru drawled, her fingers coming to tease the tip of the flame and didn’t even flinch. “An object never looked more interesting when it’s unattainable.”


Geez, cryptic much. “I just thought that it was going to take a while for me to convince you to go out with him. Everyone knows that you have been eyeing Lindsey to be your date to the prom. What changed your mind?”



”A little voice inside my head told me that I should give my prince a try. That and the knowledge that I knew I would get to piss off sunshine if I said yes.”


“What?”


Dru made with the crazy laugh. “Why? Don’t you think I know what little secret Sunshine had been keeping inside her head?”



“Again with the what?!” Buffy asked in confusion.



“I saw the two of you… kissing in the hallway.” Dru explained. “I was there and if I hadn’t known better, I would think that you're in love with Spike.”



“My God, you’re far more deranged than I thought. I'm not in love with Spike! He’s my best friend and the kiss was-“



“Just a show for Angel and Darla’s benefit.“ Dru smirked, satisfied with the look of shock on Buffy’s face. ”You see dearie. I happen to know more that you think. I have a gift. I see things that are not visible to everyone.“



“I don’t know what game you’re playing at, Dru. Whatever it is, it's not funny! Spike is just a friend to me and nothing more! “



“Right. Whatever.” Dru replied in a dismissive tone. She grabbed a small piece of paper and scribbled on it before handing it to Buffy. “Here’s my number. Have Spike call me. I need a date to Cordelia’s Party on Saturday. Do you think he would say yes?”



**************

Who does she think she is? Making stupid assumptions about me and Spike?! Buffy’s mind continued to ramble on as she sat at her desk in her English class. Well, what could you expect from somebody as crazy as Dru? If she really were gifted, she would’ve seen that her heart holds nobody else but Angel. Any sane person would know just how hopelessly and helplessly in love she is with Angel. As far as Buffy was concerned, Angel was her soul mate, her one true love, her knight in shin-


Buffy’s mind went blank as a very familiar bleached blonde suddenly emerged from the doorway looking very yummy in his usual black shirt and jeans attire. She immediately found herself swallowing hard as the scene played out before her like a movie in slow motion.


That day, Spike chose to lose jacket, which had a tremendous effect on Buffy, as she could see every movement of his muscled chest through his thin shirt. The fact that she’d discovered that he prefers not to bother with any undergarment wasn’t helping. If anything, it brought her eyes to wander lower. The black jeans he wore were so tight that she could very well see the outline of his member with every stride he took. Gah! Buffy wanted to go out and get some air but found that she couldn’t since class was about to start soon.


What a terrible situation she was in and she had nobody to blame but herself. They’d crossed the line the night before and now she had to suffer the consequences of having to discover her inner lust towards her best friend.



The moment he stepped into the classroom, Spike immediately regretted his decision not to wear his duster. He fought hard to keep his raging libido in check as his caught the petite blonde’s blatant appraisal of his body.



She was practically undressing him in public and he was enjoying every soddin’ minute of it. The thought that he was the first guy to ever invoke such feelings within her virgin mind was enough to make him want to pull her to the nearest closet and bury himself within her. Is it really possible to want someone as badly as he wanted her right now? Even with his eyes open, he could easily recall her face scrounged up in pleasure as he gently pumped two of his fingers inside her dripping center.



With that arousing thought, he shifted in his seat and placed the book that he brought with him on his lap to ease his growing erection. If it wasn’t for his Wankathon last night, he doubted if he would’ve been able to get any sleep at all. Every time he tried to close his eyes, images of her hot flushed body writhing and moaning would automatically plague his thoughts. His memories of their encounter were so vivid that he had to give himself the relief that his body needed three times before sleep came over.




It took a while before Buffy realized what she’d been doing. She quickly glanced away as Spike took his usual seat beside her and grinned. “Hello, luv.”


“H-hi!” Stop stammering, Buffy! “So! How’s your day?” Could I sound anymore lame?



“Awesome. You?”


“S-swell.”


Silence.


“Buffy.”


“Spike.”


The two of them spoke at the same time and started laughing.


Their teacher then arrived to start the class.


“Hello class!” Ms Kennedy greeted, adjusting her quirky glasses.” Why don’t we start by turning to page 46 of ‘Catcher in the Rye’…”


As the students did what they were told, the two blondes kept stealing glances at each other and grinned whenever their eyes met. Any student who saw their exchange could practically see the sparks flying around them, including Cordy who had just thrown a questioning look at Harmony.


You go first.- Spike wrote on a piece of paper. He waited for Miss Kennedy to turn to the board before handing it over to Buffy. As he did, he accidentally brushed his fingers against her hand in the process.



The result had been one electrifying moment that had both of their pulses racing and caused both of them to raggedly breathe.



Looks like it’s your lucky day, Buffy managed to write back, trying to appear as calm as she could even if the spot on her hand that he had fortuitously touched still burned.


“Really now? Why is that?” he mouthed.


Feigning a big smile, the petite blonde wrote.- Dru said yes. She even gave me her number to give to you. She’s interested on going to Cordelia’s New year’s party with you.


Wow! That’s cool, he wrote as he tried to match her enthusiasm with a grin.


“I’m happy for you,” she mouthed out to him.


“Thanks.” He mouthed back before he quickly looked down. It was getting hard to keep the phony smile on his face. How could he tell her that he’d lost interest in his pursuit of Dru? As far as he was concerned, the crazy bint was now nothing but an instrument to distract Buffy from his ulterior motive. It seemed to be working and now the stage was set for his little game of seduction. It was time to execute the waiting game and see how long Buffy could wait before she finally gave in and took what she really wanted all along.

**********************

Soon the period was over and Spike waited for the rest of the class to go before he went over and approached Buffy.



“Looks like we may need to postpone our tutorial for tonight.”


What?! Her mind protested loudly, but instead she was able to maintain her composure and asked, “Is there something wrong? You’re still going to help me out with my problem, right? Even if you already got Dru.”


“Of course, luv. I’m just concerned because your mom’s home.”


Buffy nodded. ”I guess we need to postpone it until she heads out of town again next week.”


“I guess so.” Spike replied, hoping that his plan would work.


“T-that’s good then.” She mentally kicked herself for the obvious gloom in her voice


“U-huh.” Spike hid a grin as he noticed the big pout that was beginning to form on her lips. Bugger…He was finally getting to her and all he could think about was how good it would feel if he could move more closer and take her lower lip between his teeth and …. Oh God! She’s so irresistible whenever she looks at me this way…full of wonder and innocence.


For a moment, Buffy thought he was going to kiss her, but instead, his hand went up, to brush his thumb across her soft lips. The gesture left her so weak in the knees that she had to place both hands on his chest for support.


Spike started to pant. He knew he was playing with fire, but he just couldn’t help it. She was so close and he just had to touch her. “I guess I’ll just see you much later then.”


With that, he quickly tried to get as far away from her as possible that he failed to notice the glazed hazel eyes that had been firmly fixed on his lips.


“Later,” she faintly told herself, confused at the fluttery feeling he invoked within her.



******************
Several hours later


What are you doing Buffy? Buffy mused to herself, as she realized that her feet had led her to the bleached blonde’s porch instead of heading to Willow’s like she originally planned.


Continue to walk, Summers, went her inner monologue, but instead she found her finger moving on its own accord as it pressed the doorbell. Shit! Shit! Shit! I think I still have time to make a run for it.


“Going somewhere, luv?”


As she turned, her jaw practically fell at the sight of Spike, leaning by the doorframe wearing nothing but his gold necklace and a skimpy white towel around his waist.


Dear me….


TBC


A/N: Thanks for all your wonderful reviews! I love how they always seem to inspire me throughout the day.

Sorry if this update took so long. As it turned out, this story is gonna be a little more than just a PWP so I had to do some revisions with coming chapters these past two weeks.

Please let me know how my latest update went. Your thoughts and input are always important to me.