Author's Chapter Notes:
N/A
“Going somewhere, luv?” Spike asked, leaning casually against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his naked chest.


Buffy opened her mouth, but no words would come out. Say something, Buffy.


“Pet?”


Damn it! Don’t just stand there and stare at him like an idiot. Say something! “Spike…” Good, you had the name right. Now if you could only remember the excuse you used to come over.


“What are you doing here, pet?” he asked, an amused grin grazing his lips.


“I…I forgot to give you this… so I thought I should drop by.” Buffy managed to explain as she handed him the piece of paper that contained Dru’s phone number. God, he even looked sexy with his hair all messed-up.


“Thanks.”


“Spike, what happened to the rest of your clothes?”


“Oh, I just got out from taking a bath and I forgot that I threw everything in the washer,” he said as he held out the door for her. “Why don’t you come in, pet? Don’t quite fancy having the neighbors gawking at yours truly.”


Buffy went in hesitantly. Her heart started to beat faster as he closed the door behind her. “I’m sorry for barging in like this….”


“Do you have a date?”


“Huh?”


Spike looked pointedly at her outfit. He noticed that she didn’t go for the sweatpants and t-shirt that she usually wore whenever she went to his house. Instead, she had chosen to come over looking very hot with a white halter-top and a knee-length pleated skirt. The hair she usually wore in a pony-tail now lay loose around her shoulders, giving him quite a feeling of satisfaction that somehow she all did this for him.


“Oh this?” Buffy chuckled tensely. “Just thought I would wear something different. You know girls wear fashionable things all the time to boost their self-esteem, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they do it to impress anyone. They’re just-“


“Buffy,” he said, interrupting her babble.


“Yes?”


“You look good, luv.” He grinned at her.



“Thank you,” she answered, blushing furiously. “I…I should really be on my way.”



Spike was quick to block her way. “I was actually about to call and invite you to watch a movie with me, so you’re not really barging in.” He explained.



“Are you sure?” Try not to look too happy to be invited, Summers. It’s just a movie…One of those usual things that definitely doesn’t mean anything.


“Yeah, I was hoping you could keep me company since my mom and da are at my Uncle James’.”


“Your uncle James? You mean the one who lived in Seattle?” Buffy tried to hide the alarm in her voice. That could only mean that they’re alone in the house. Something similar to what she’d been fantasizing about all afternoon.


“That’s right.” He told her casually. “Why do you ask?”


“W-well, I was just hoping to run into Giles and Jenny. You know I haven’t seen them that much these days.” Buffy went to sit on the farthest end of the couch. “So! What movie did you rent?”


“The one with Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp.”


“Pirates of the Carribean? Thought you hated that movie.”


“I do, but since you love it so much, I thought of giving it another try.”


It was Buffy’s turn to look at him with an amused grin. “You mean you rented it just for me?”


“Well, that and also for the reason that Kiera Knightley happens to strike my fancy.”


Buffy chuckled in spite her nervousness. The thought that she would be spending some time alone with a half naked Spike was driving her insane. This is so wrong! How could I be lusting after my best friend when I'm very much in love with Angel?


**********************

Instead of helping Spike out in the kitchen to prepare some snacks, Buffy had chosen to remain on the couch and pretended to be engrossed in one of Spike’s Sports Illustrated magazines.

Soon, Spike came back with two buckets of freshly microwaved popcorn. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Spike place the buckets on the coffee table and turn towards the DVD player. As soon as his back was facing her, it was then that Buffy took the opportunity to gaze at him.


Just a little peek. That ‘s all. She let her gaze marvel at the muscles of his back, loving the way his biceps flexed with each movement that he made, how the piece of jewelry on his neck made his perfectly sculpted body look even more irresistible. She let her gaze move southwards stopping only when her eyes landed upon a very nice sight of his fine looking hipbones. Her mind had just begun to drift to a naughty place as Spike started to lean forward to insert the movie into his DVD player. She felt her breath began to quicken as his firm rounded buttocks were briefly exposed to her hungry gaze.


“Buffy?”


“Huh?”


“I was asking you if you’d like some chips to go with your popcorn?” He said, standing-up to face her.


Buffy blushed profusely from almost being caught staring. “No, I’m good.”


“Are you okay, luv?”


“I’m sorry," she said, putting down the magazine."It’s just that I’m not used to seeing a guy prancing around with a just a towel. Can’t you find anything in your dresser like boxers or swimming trunks, perhaps?”


“Buffy, you of all people should know that I have never worn boxers in my life. Actually, pet, this is how I usually look before going to bed, only minus the towel, that is,” He told her with a smirk.


A faint whimper escaped her lips at the implication of his words. She looked down for a moment and blushed for the third time that night as a very vivid vision of Spike sprawled on his bed, with nothing on but his necklace entered her mind. “And the swimming trunks?”


“I do own like two of them but for some reason I couldn’t seem to find them anywhere.” He explained. “But if it really bothers you that much, I could always look into my da’s drawer and find something-“


“No, it’s okay. Don’t worry. I’m fine with it.” she replied, hoping that Spike wouldn’t think she’s over-reacting especially since they both knew she had already seen him naked twice now.



“Are you sure?” He asked, hitting the play button on the remote control.


Buffy nodded.


“All right. Let’s just watch the movie then.” Spike casually sat on the couch beside her, completely missing her tortured look when she caught a whiff of his aftershave cologne.


“Oh kill me now,” she absentmindedly muttered.


“You said something?”


“Nothing.” She answered guiltily.


“Okay,” he said, smiling at her charmingly before he stretched out his feet on the coffee table, putting his right arm over his head.


Buffy looked away with wide eyes. She struggled to keep her breath even while she contemplated whether or not she should let him know that his towel had opened just enough to allow her a very good glimpse of the part where his thigh ended and a portion of-



“You look terrified, luv. We haven’t even gotten to the ghostly parts of the movie yet.”



TBC


A/N: Thanks for all your awesome reviews on my last chap. Love them all. Please take note that although I don’t respond to reviews individually I do always take them into account. I do love your inputs and reactions whether good or bad just as long as they constructive (grins). They truly inspire me and keep the smile on my face throughout the day.

Thanks again to Natalie for working on the chap with me. She’s truly a darling.

Please, please, please let me know how this chapter went. Just curious to know if you’re still with me especially now that the next chapter will definitely have Spuffy on it (giggles).