Author's Chapter Notes:
Sentences in single parentheses denote thoughts. Thank you
Chapter 14.

”Look, if we’re gonna do this, we need some stuff.” Spike patiently informed Buffy.

“Is it stuff we need to go out for, or can it be delivered?” Buffy really didn’t want to go out. After Anya’s surprising little revelation, Buffy had been hard pressed to keep Giles from immediately extracting vengeance on Angel and while she couldn’t fault him for his desire, she felt that more information was needed. She was seriously concerned by the misinformation he seemed to be spouting and wondering what hair-brained scheme Willow and Xander would come up with next.

“It’s alright, luv. I’ll ring in the orders and have ‘em delivered,” Spike assured her, completely in tune with her and understanding of her concerns.

********

“OH...MY...GOD!” Dawn stared at her sister, eyes bulging before collapsing into giggles on her mother’s bed.

“He was in an actual skirt? Like a kilt or something?” Anya asked, confused, but delighted at being a part of the impromptu girlie get-together.

“Oh goddess, was it short?” Tara grinned.

“It was short. Like one of those old Roman gladiator outfits, with this little swatch of material going diagonally from his waist and flung over his shoulder. It was all white, with this natty gold border. His six-pack all showing. He was sooo drool worthy…and sooo embarrassed.” Buffy giggled.

“You know, Spike’s been through so many changes lately, I think we should do something for the poor boy, a gift or something…nothing say’s lovin’, like a gift for your wardrobe!” Cordy suggested with a playfully evil smile while reaching for her phone.

*******

“So Joyce is acting as your go-between, you say. Will she also appear in this dimension, or will you always be pulled to her?” Giles questioned.

“Not sure, Watcher. I hope she does come here though. Make Bit happy, you know.” Spike replied.

Giles smiled gently in agreement to the solicitous vampire. “Dawn’s very lucky to have you, Spike. It’s clear how much you care, for them both. In point of fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Buffy as happy, as she is now. I’m sure Joyce is overjoyed that her daughters are so well loved.”

Spike smiled shyly, dropping his head.

*******

Angel sat morosely on the couch in the living room of the mansion. Head in hands, lost in his bleak thoughts. ‘How did it go so wrong so fast? What do I do now? I have to fix this. Can it be fixed? This is all Spikes’ fault. Somehow, he’s responsible for this mess. Who was that girl anyway? How did she know all those things?’

Suddenly, as if enthralled by a moment of clarity, the direction of Angel’s musings changed, to the great relief of the brooding vampire. ‘Spike knew. Spike told her what to say. Spike did this to take attention away from what he’s done to my Buffy. It’s Spike’s fault.’

“That bastard set me up!”

*******

“I’ll get it.” Dawn yelled, as she thundered down the stairs. Opening the front door and, realising it was the grocery delivery, she bellowed; “SPIKE! DELIVERY.” Smiling sweetly at the delivery man, assuring him that he’d only have to wait a minute, Dawn left him standing there as she headed back upstairs.”

*******

“Hello...is that Monterey Army Base? ...Good. Look I don’t know if you can help me, but my name’s Xander Harris and I’m looking for someone who used to work at the Initiative base in Sunnydale...No, I know that the army doesn’t have a base in Sunnydale, it was a secret government run operation, and my friend who worked there was assigned there by the army...no, it was closed down...Special Agent Riley Finn...he’s on some special assignment in South America, I think...only that its some demon hunting task force...demon hunting task force...hello?...hello?”

*******

“I’ll get it.” Dawn yelled, as she thundered down the stairs. Opening the front door and, realising it was the alcohol delivery, she bellowed; “SPIKE! DELIVERY.” Smiling at the delivery man and assuring him that he’d only have to wait a minute; Dawn left him standing there as she headed back upstairs, giggling all the way.

*******

“Hello...Is that the Pentagon? ...Good. Look I don’t know if you can help me, but my name’s Xander Harris and I’m looking for someone who used to work at the Initiative base in Sunnydale...Ah, Sunnydale, California...Yes, I’ll hold...Hello...What?...No, it was a secret government run operation, and my friend who worked there was assigned there by the army...Yes, I’ll hold...Hello...No, it was closed down...Yes, I’m sure it was there...Yes, I’ll hold...Yes I’m still here...Yes I’ll hold...Hello...No, it was a secret...The Initiative...Special Agent Riley Finn...Yes I’ll hold...Hello...No, it’s been closed down. He’s on some special assignment in South America now, I think...Yes, I’ll hold...Hello...What?...Oh, only that its some demon hunting task force...A demon hunting task force...D.E.M.O.N...hello?...hello?”

*******

“I’ll get it.” Dawn yelled, as she thundered down the stairs. Opening the front door and, realising it was the delivery man from Partytown Costume Hire, she bellowed; “SPIKE! DELIVERY.” Smiling, while attempting to repress a giggle, she assured the delivery man that he’d only have to wait a minute. Leaving him standing there, she headed back upstairs to where the rest of the girls waited at the top of the landing.

“Um...Can I help you?” The curious vampire asked.

“I have a pre-paid delivery here for ‘Spike’, at this address.” The delivery man told him, indicating the garment bag in his hand.

Completely clueless, Spike accepted the bag from the delivery man, thanked him and closed the door; keeping his gaze firmly on the garment bag in his hand.

“What is it, Spike?” Giles asked, curiously.

“Not a clue, Watcher.” The befuddled vampire replied as he unzipped the bag. Glancing at the contents, his facial expressions showed a plethora of emotions; curiosity then recognition, followed by embarrassment, suspicion and a need for retribution. Slowly turning his head, to look up the stairs to the landing, at the now audible group of giggling girls, he smiled wickedly and told them; “Magic isn’t the only thing with consequences, ladies.” Handing the garment bag to Giles, Spike made his way back to the kitchen.

Giles looked at the contents of the bag, then up at the laughing girls on the landing, confused, he asked; “What’s so bloody funny about a skirt?”

*******

The party was in full swing when the heavy pounding on the front door caught Dawn’s attention. Opening the door, she was unsurprised to see Angel. Moving as if to push past her to gain entrance, he was shocked to find himself sailing through the air, to land unceremoniously on his derrière, in the middle of the front yard. Dawn grinned; “Like the new barrier spell?” She rhetorically asked, as she closed the door on him.

When the door bell rang, Tara answered the door. However, before she could utter a word, the door was pushed and closed from behind, by an unrepentant Spike as he moved from the dining room to the living room, grinning cheekily as he went. Opening the door again, Tara shrugged her shoulders ruefully, and said; “I’ll just get...” This time it was Cordelia making the trek to the living room, her smile...satisfied as she slammed the door in Angel's face. Leaving the door closed, Tara smiled at their antics and went to get Buffy.