Author's Chapter Notes:
Beta'd by Alway_jbj and Amy.
Chapter 5.

”Dare I ask where we start?” Giles asked, his voice slightly shaky as he busied himself with a quick clean of his glasses.

“The nerds. They were a huge problem for me, in my time. But they’re human, so instead of getting frustrated with my inability to kill them, I realised, after the fact, that I could have saved myself a lot of trouble by just handing them over to the police. They’re gonna steal a really big diamond from the museum. When they do, I’ll make an anonymous tip to crime stoppers and let the police handle the rest. First problem solved,” the Slayer stated with certainty.

“And the First Evil?”

“Okay, well that one’s a little more complicated. Stopping the First is easy, but the solution will cause another problem that’s gonna have to be addressed.” She caged around the answer.

“How, exactly, do we stop the First Evil?” Giles restated his question very specifically; knowing his Slayer was hiding something he was sure he wasn’t going to like.

“Soooooo not gonna answer that question yet, Giles. Trust me on this. That one has to wait till after the L.A. problems have been addressed.”

Now Giles was positive that he was not going to like her answer, however, he nodded his acceptance of her request.

“Prophecy baby?” Cordy prompted, happy to move on to matters that involved her.

“Right…. Well for those of you that don’t know the whole story ….Darla was Angel’s Sire. Angel dusted Darla to save me. Wolfram and Hart found out about Angel’s little happiness clause and decided to try to do something about it. They resurrected Darla. She was human. She played around with Angel’s head, drugging him then having sex with him, but he thought he was only dreaming. The plan was discovered and Angel tried to help Darla reform. He discovered that she was dying—she’d been brought back in the same condition she was in as a human, and she’d been dying when she was originally turned. Wolfram and Hart got hold of Drusilla and she turned Darla. Angel went a bit dark and locked Dru and Darla in a room with a group of Wolfram and Hart lawyers, and then went after Dru and Darla, burning them both but killing neither. To cut a long story short; Angel then went and had sex with Darla and afterwards he tossed her out.”

“He lied to me…He lied straight to my face.” Cordelia stated angrily.

“It gets worse, Cordy…She’s pregnant.”

“What’s that you say?” Giles asked, shocked.

“Oh…My…God,” Cordelia exclaimed.

“How is that even possible?” Wes asked, clearly confused.

“Prophecy baby. Oh, and Wes…if you come across a prophecy that says ‘the father will kill the son’…chuck it. It’s a fake. But check Angel’s blood supply ‘cause Wolfram and Hart are gonna get a hold of a sample of the baby’s blood and mix it in with Angel’s pigs blood.”

“What on earth would they hope to achieve by doing that?” was Wesley’s asked curiously.

Not surprisingly it was Spike who answered, his voice filled with disgust: “Bastards are tryin’ to make the sprog smell like food to Peaches.”

“Well that’s just…..” Wesley’s voice trail off in horror.

“Look, I’m not really sure how quickly this stuff is gonna start happening, but Wolfram and Hart are not the big problem. And before you argue with me on the danger of underestimating the ‘Big Bad Evil Law Firm’, trust me when I say, them we can beat. Your big problems with this are gonna be a time travelling demon named Sahjhan, a human named Holtz, and a vampire cult.” Buffy tried to explain.

”Did you say Sahjhan, Buffy? Because if you did… and depending on what you want to do I might be able to help.” Anya offered tentatively, still unsure of her place in the group.

“Well, according to the prophecy, this Sahjhan can only be killed by the prophecy child, but I’m thinkin’ that a baby might have a little trouble with that. So I figure we have to find a way to neutralize him until the baby is all grown up.” Buffy focused her hopeful gaze on the ex-demon.

“Oh, well that’s easy. The Muses.” Anya beamed with pride over her simple solution.

“Okay… Nup, still not getting it. The whoses? And what does it do?” Buffy asked guilelessly.

“Oh, um... the Muses are mystical beings who specialize in sanctuary spells. If you ask them to, they can modify the spell into a bubble form which can hold Sahjhan in suspended animation until you’re ready to kill him. You know the Muses, don’t you, Lorne? You can ask them.” Anya looked at the green demon expectantly, awaiting his reply..

“Sure do, precious; they did the sanctuary spell at Caritas. But it’s gonna cost mochas moolah, kiddies.”

“No it won’t. Get Peaches to ask ‘em. Wanker’s got an in with them. Stupid bints’ll do anything he asks them to!” Spike shuddered in disgust.

“Thank you both.” Wesley acknowledged both Anya and Spike. “Now, Holtz?” Turning, his question to Buffy.

“From what I understand, Holtz is a human from Angelus’ past. Someone who hates him with a passion. Spike may know more about him than I do.” Buffy looked at Spike in inquiry.

“Knew I’d heard the name before. But it’s before my time, pet. I’ve heard stories, so I don’t know much, but I’ll tell you what I know.

Holtz was like the Van Helsing of his day, not sure when that was exactly. He went after Peaches and his bitch of a sire, and they, in turn, set him up. They lured him away from home an’ then killed his family. Think they turned his daughter so he woulda had to dust her when he got home. He’s gonna want revenge and I can’t see the soul makin’ that much of a difference to him. And if Peaches has a kid….” He deliberately let his sentence hang.

The grim faces around the room spoke volumes. “There’s also a vampire cult that will be after the baby, but…vampire plus stake equals dust.” Buffy shrugged self-consciously at her comment. “I don’t know how we can help you with Holtz, but if you need a safe haven for the baby, you can bring it here…Oh and Darla will dust herself so it can be born. Now before you ask, the baby will be safe here for the same reason that neither the First nor Wolfram and Hart will be a problem. And again, I’ll get back to that later.”

“Now, what was next?” Buffy asked herself.

“The…ah… hitchhiking evil higher being?” Wes offered hesitantly.

“Right…um…Cordy? You know how you get visions, followed by brain crippling migraines?”

“Why didn’t you tell us it was that bad, beautiful?” Lorne was the first to ask.

“No big, it’s the price I pay for the visions. It’s not like it’s gonna kill me.” Cordy remarked, unconcerned.

“Actually Cordy, it will, unless something is done,” Buffy replied quietly.