Chapter 2 SCHOOL HARD 1997

Spike found himself in yet another nightclub filled with teenagers. He was glad to see that the description of a small, blond Slayer was for the same Slayer he had snogged the year before, instead of a new one. He shook the memories of said kiss from his mind, and he got down to business.

Fifteen minutes later, Spike watched the Slayer dust the braggart minion in the alley behind the club. He glanced around the alley, getting the feeling it would be very important in his future. He clapped his hands while he slunk out of the shadows, oozing with as much sex appeal as he could muster.

"Nice work, luv," Spike drawled. He snickered when the Slayer's eyes opened wide in recognition.

"Who are you?" she demanded in almost the same tone of voice as the year before.

"You'll find out Saturday," Spike answered. He could tell by the way she scrunched up her forehead that wasn't the answer she was wanting.

"What happens Saturday?"

"I kill you!" Spike could see the Slayer mentally stomp her foot at his answers and his pretended indifference. He could practically feel her urge to stick her tongue out at him. Spike whirled in a swirl of black leather. He exited the alley with style and panache, leaving behind a mad, confused Slayer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THREE MONTHS LATER, CHRISTMAS TIME, WHAT'S MY LINE? PART 2

Buffy flipped over Kendra's back to find herself face to face with the big blond pain in her butt. She was so pissed at the blond vampire. He'd kissed her so nicely the year before in Los Angeles, but he'd practically ignored her since he had come to Sunnydale. Well, no, she had to take that back. He hadn't totally ignored her. He'd tried to kill her on several occasions, but he hadn't tried to kiss her, not even once. She gave the smirking vampire a dirty look.

"I'd rather be fighting you."

"Feeling's mutual."

Vampire, it's time.

"What?" Spike stopped up short. He lifted his eyes to the ceiling where he saw the possessed mistletoe hanging. He didn't even acknowledge Buffy's punch to his nose. "We're in the middle of a fight. She's not gonna wanna snog in the middle of a fight, you stupid soddin' plant from Hell."

All the players are in their places, vampire.

"The poofter is out cold." Spike put his fist to his forehead. "The building's on fire, her groupies are here, and you want us to kiss?

Pucker up, vamp boy. I'm hitting everyone with the urge.

"Spike?" Buffy snapped her fingers in front of the vampire's face. She shuddered when his lust-filled golden eyes snapped back to her face. She tried to tell herself it was because she was shaking with anger, but she knew deep down she was just deluding herself.. "Oh no, buster. I'm not the 'she' you're gonna kiss." She jumped, and she looked around when a voice filled her head.

Come on, Slayer. You know you wanted to jump him in the alley that first night he was in Sunnydale.

"Who the hell was that?" Buffy looked around before her eyes landed on the smirking Spike, who thumbed towards the ceiling above them. Her eyes slowly moved upwards until she saw the plant hanging above them. "Haunted mistletoe?"

"Possessed is more like it. It makes mortal enemies snog. So, it's you and me, pet." Spike grinned toothily while he waggled his eyebrows at Buffy. He glanced over at Angelus, and he was thrilled to see the older vamp coming to. He grabbed Buffy by the upper arm, and before she could lodge a protest, he covered her lips with his own.

Buffy heard Angel's gasp of outrage at Spike's audacity, but she heard the gasp cut short for some reason. Buffy's mind wandered away from the brunette vampire, and it settled on the blond one. It was as if time was suspended for Buffy, her lips being expertly caressed by Spike's, until Xander and Cordelia burst into the church.

"Holy frijoles! What is going on in here? Why is Spike and Buffy kissing" Xander paused for a moment. "I didn't think Kendra like Angel that much! G-man, you know that's Drusilla, don't you? Evil, insane Drusilla?"

"Don't call me that," Giles snarled. "Besides, she's a bloody good kisser."

'Okay, this is weirding me out!" Cordelia announced. "And, the worm man is right behind us."

Spike reluctantly pulled away from Buffy. There was nothing he'd rather do than pull the petite blond somewhere private and have her take care of the problem in his pants. Just one touch of her mouth against his, and he was so hard he ached.

Good-bye, kiddies. It's been fun. Till next time.

Spike smirked down at the Slayer, and he realized that he'd kissed her in in full game face. He crowed with silent glee at the fact that she hadn't protested. In fact, she had been just as eager and involved as he had been. Spike cockily winked at Buffy before he sprang across the room to rip Drusilla from the Watcher's embrace.

Buffy's eyes narrowed in jealousy while she watched Spike rush to another woman's side. She grabbed a nearby candle arbor, and she flung it towards the two vampires. She gasped in shock when they fell into the burning organ. Buffy was broken out of her reverie by Willow screaming that Angel had trouble getting free from his bonds. She hurried to help a blushing Kendra free the dark haired vampire from the ropes he was entangled in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LATER, AT BUFFY'S

"What was with all the kissing," Cordelia asked. "You and Spike looked like you were really enjoying yourselves."

"We were not!" Buffy protested. Her feelings were still smarting over Spike's easy dismissal in favor of Drusilla and Angel's accusations about the kiss. As if he had any room to talk! The totally embarrassed Kendra could barely look at her sister Slayer or the broody Angel. She decided to tell Willow and Cordelia what Spike had told her. "Spike said it was possessed mistletoe that makes enemies kiss."

"You and Spike looked entirely too comfortable with the smoochies," Cordelia said slyly. "He looked like he wanted to drag you off and do more than kiss."

Buffy blushed profusely. Little did Cordelia know that she had felt the same way. She had never mentioned her run in with the blond vampire when she had been newly called. It still weighed heavily on her mind that she had enjoyed the attentions of a vampire, one who didn't come with a soul, and that she'd enjoyed yet another kiss at the hands of the same vampire. Buffy worried that her friends would think she was awful slutty if she did say anything, but if nothig else, a Slayer faces her fears head on.

"Those are some deep thoughts," Willow said.

"If I tell you something, do you two promise to not wig out or tell Xander, Angel or Giles?" Buffy's eyes darted back and forth between the other two teenage girls. She was sure Willow wouldn't tell after promising, but she wasn't sure about Cordelia.

Both the other Scooby girls raised their hands, and they solemnly swore not to tell any soul, living or undead. Buffy checked outside for any unwanted eavesdroppers. She liked Angel, she really did, but he just wasn't someone to let loose in polite society. Eavesdropping was one of his least savory habits, in her opinion.

"Alright, spill the beans, girl." Cordelia pulled Buffy down on the bed beside her. "What's all those deep thoughts of yours?"

"I've kissed Spike before," Buffy muttered. "I'd recognize that damned voice of his anywhere. It makes me want to melt all over him like chocolate." She got a dreamy look on her face. "Hmmm, Spike and chocolate."

"That's why you were so mad that first night at the Bronze," Willow gasped. "I was coming out of the Bronze just as you guys started talking. He was all Rico Sauvé, and you were just mad."

"Yeah, during a nightclub lights out last Christmas eve, I was kissed by a stranger with a totally yummy accent," Buffy said. "I recognized his voice the minute he slunk out of the shadows. Stupid vampire!"

"When did you know he was a vamp?" Willow squealed.

"He called me Slayer even back then. So that was kind of a dead giveaway or an undead giveaway." Buffy giggled at her own pun.

"So, when's the next time you're gonna give Spike some big old smoochies," Willow asked.

"Never, ever again, Wills," Buffy swore, her hand over her heart. "Besides, I doubt he survived the fire at the church." Her eyes filled with sudden sadness and guilt. She now wished she hadn't thrown the candle arbor at the two vampires, but at the time her jealousy eclipsed everything else. Tears filled Buffy's eyes at losing the best mortal enemy she'd had to date.

"I'm sure he'll be fine." Willow said with false brightness. "The two of you will be back to fighting in no time." She glanced over at Cordelia with worried eyes. The two Scooby girls hugged and patted the Slayer until she finished crying.