Chapter 4 POST TABULA RASA, CHRISTMAS TIME 2001

"We kissed, Buffy. It's not like it's the first time!" Spike said aloud. Damned bitch is in denial. She sang and danced her undying love for me, and now she wants to sweep it under the rug and forget. There is no way that's gonna happen. He stepped closer to the blond Slayer. "Why are you so scared to let me in, luv?"

A pounding on the door of 1630 Revello Drive interrupted the blond Slayer's answer. Buffy looked up at Spike's beautiful blue eyes before she turned on her heel to go open the front door. She flung the door open, ready to read someone the riot act, only to find a very distraught Cordelia Chase standing on the porch. She swept into the house, pushing past Buffy to enter the living room. Buffy closed the door, and she followed the dark-haired woman into the other room.

"Angel said he didn't have sex with her!" Cordelia growled. "And like a fool I believed him!." She flung herself down onto the couch.

"He had sex with Professor Walsh?" Buffy asked, aghast.

Two years earlier, the college professor had quit both her job at the Sunnydale university campus and her job with the army to move to L.A. to pursue Angel. The Initiative fell apart soon after her departure when the Frankenstein monster being put together in lab 314 was discovered. Soon, the military installation was shut down and the soldiers transferred elsewhere until only Riley remained. He had vowed revenge on the slayer and the vampire that he blamed personally for his dismissal from the military on the grounds that he was homosexual. The ex-soldier had left Sunnydale six months ago when Spike and Buffy had come across him in a vamp whore house they were about to torch.

"No! I almost wish he'd slept with Walsh." Cordelia shuddered. "Angel slept with that bitch, Darla, and now she's pregnant!"

"Darla's dead," Buffy said, perplexed. "I was there when Angel staked her." She glanced over at Spike, who was trying to look at everything in the room, but her. Buffy marched over to him. "Alright, buster, what's all the avoid-y looks for?"

"Um, Slayer, Buffy, pet, love of my unlife..."

"Just get on with it, bleach brain!" Buffy folded her arms across her chest, tapped her foot in impatience and lifted one eyebrow at the vampire.

"Well, you know when Dru came to town last spring? She told me that she revamped Darla, but she didn't say anything about shaggin' the poof!" Spike held his hands up in protest when she stepped closer. He knew Buffy was still a little upset about his Sire chaining her up and threatening to turn the Slayer into a vampire for Spike.

"You didn't think that was worth mentioning?" Buffy's foot tapped faster.

"We were kinda in the middle of something, Slayer!" Spike shouted. He threw his hands up in the air. "You do remember the exodus from Sunnydale to avoid that hell-bitch, don't you?"

"Hey, you guys are supposed to be listening to my story of woe, not make me listen to yours," Cordelia grumbled. She reached into her purse, and she pulled out a small, gift wrapped box that she tossed on the coffee table. "There! For some reason someone sent that to the Hyperion. That was my excuse to get away from the preggo bitch and Angel. It's a prophecy, I get that, I really do, but this is too much."

"Prophecy?" Buffy squeaked. Then, she sighed heavily. "Of course it's prophecy, because what's life without some cryptic old prophecy to come along and mess with us?"

That's not the only thing that's gonna mess with you, Slayer.

"What?" Buffy looked around, but didn't see anyone except Spike and Cordelia. Her eyes popped up towards the ceiling. "Um, Spike, I think your friend is back. Uh, Rosebud, Spike and I are friends now, not mortal enemies. So, no kissage."

I'm in lurve, Slayer. I don't make mortal enemies kiss anymore. Now, I'm all for the romance in denial.

Buffy gulped as she turned to stare at Spike. She put her hand on her forehead, and she shook her head in defeat. There was no way she was going to get out of kissing Spike once again. Theirs could definitely be call a 'romance in denial', her denial. She marched over to Spike, and she grumbled, "Oh all right, let's get this over with."

Spike smirked to himself when Buffy grabbed both sides of his head, and she fiercely brought his lips down to hers. The blond vampire settled the petite spitfire against his body while he wrapped his arms around her. There was no way he was going to push her away if she was going to willingly kiss him. His hands slipped down to cradle her hips while his fingers splayed across her ass.

"Don't mind me," Cordelia muttered. She looked everywhere else in the room except at the two intertwined blonds. Finally, she picked up the Christmas package laying on the table, and she began to examine it. Cordelia shook the box in the hopes that it would rattle and tell her what was inside.

Hey, quit shaking me! Maybe you wouldn't be so cranky if you were smooch-a-rooing somebody!

"I'm perfectly capable of finding my own men to kiss, I don't need the help of demonic mistletoe," Cordelia said, indignantly.

But you left the last one in a different dimension, Seer.

"Holy frijoles, again?" Xander's voice filled the room. He gurgled in protest at the two kissing blonds. "Come on, knock it off you two. Willow's playing with the magic again already, isn't she?"

Ahhh, Sweet's lovely new bride!

"I so am not! Don't say that, again. I'm engaged to Anya," Xander protested emphatically. "I know what you are. You're that possessed mistletoe."

Yes, if you don't leave her at the altar due to your own feelings of inadequacy.

"Hey, I don't have to take that," Xander said. He held up the gift bag he was carrying. "All I was doing was dropping off Buffy's door prize from Anya's party last week. What did you win, Buff?"

Buffy pulled away from Spike. She winked at the blond vampire as she answered her friend, "I won edible undies. Blood flavored edible undies." She giggled when Xander threw the bag across the room before he wiped his hand on his shirt, his nose wrinkled in distaste.

"That's just disgusting, Buffy. Who the hell would want blood flavored edible undies?" Xander shook his head in disbelief. It never occured him to glance at Spike, who was giving the Slayer a speculative look.

"Just wait and see what she got for you, Xan," Buffy giggled. "Now, Rosebud, I gave Spike his Christmas kiss. Now leave before I start rifling his pockets for his lighter."

Well, I know when I'm not welcome.

Moments later Spike heard Rosebud's voice in his head again.

Hey, vampire, I know a demon in Africa that'll give you what she deserves. All you have to do is win the trials.