Chapter 5 ATS5, CHRISTMAS TIME 2003

Angel was unhappy, very unhappy. It had all started when Buffy had shown up earlier in the week, along with her tag-a-long vampire, Spike. When Wesley and the others had found out the upstart had gone to Africa where he'd fought for and won his soul back, all for Buffy's love, they went ga-ga over the blond vampire. Words like 'unprecedented' and 'astonishing' fell from Wesley's lips almost every other sentence.

"That's great," Angel mumbled to himself in a whiny tone. "Everybody's got a soul now. You know, I started it. The whole having a soul. Before it was all the cool new thing. I got the brush off for Captain Peroxide."

You know, jealousy just isn't that attractive, Cursed One.

"Who's there?" Angel looked around suspiciously. A vampire couldn't be too careful, now that he was the head honcho of Wolfram & Hart. Angel's eyes darted around the room in search of where the voice was coming from.

I've worked hard for years to get those two together. I knew from the moment I first read the blond vampire's mind that he was destined to be with his mortal enemy, the Slayer.

"What?" Angel sat up in his chair. "No, I don't think so. Buffy's my girl, and Spike's just a speed bump in the road."

How can you say she's your girl when you continuously hide things from her?

"I do it to protect her," Angel protested. He really didn't see anything wrong with any of his actions.

You can lie to your friends and your employees, but you can't lie to me, Cursed One. Your magics cannot affect me.

Angel sighed in silent relief. Maybe the damned thing didn't know about the day he had the PTB take back five years before when the Mohra demon had made him human. Sudden laughter outside his office caught his attention. Through the glass panel next to the big wooden doors he could see the Christmas party was in full swing in the office lobby. Buffy was standing with her arm linked through Spike's while they laughed at something Wes had said.

I do know about that day. It's all right there in your mind for anyone to see.

"I want her to have a normal life," Angel said. "Spike is as abnormal as they come, with or without that soul of his." His lower lip stuck out in an exaggerated pout.

Pull in that lip! It looks cute on blondie out there, but not you. Besides, just what about the Slayer is normal? She lives on the Hellmouth. Her boyfriend is a vampire. Her sister is the Key. Her best female friend in a lesbian witch who used to date a werewolf. Her best male friend is married to an ex-vengeance demon. Her Watcher used to go by the name of Ripper, and he dabbled in magic. She's not normal, but somehow you convinced her, once upon a time, that she needed normal.

"They only love each other because of the soul." Angel crossed his arms over chest.

What part of destined to be together didn't you understand, Cursed One? The soul is what she deserves, not what she loves. Now, I must go spread the smooch-a-roos. I think I'll add a special fertility curse with the whole thing this year. Ciao.

Angel slouched down in his chair. If he wasn't so damned ready to cry over the events in his life, he would laugh. He had taken over Wolfram & Hart to change evil from within, and his crew still wasn't happy about it. Buffy was happy with Spike, and Cordelia was happy with the Groosalug. He hadn't seen that blasted Maggie Walsh in awhile. Maybe she finally gave up, Angel thought to himself. He growled when the office door slammed open and a kissing, entwined Spike and Buffy fell onto the floor just inside the office.

"Excuse me!"

Spike pulled away from Buffy's lips to look up at his grandsire. His eyes fluttered shut for a moment when Buffy latched said lips on his neck. Spike grinned unrepentantly at Angel while he blatantly slid a hand down the Slayer's hip and thigh.

"Can you do that somewhere else, William?" Angel grumbled. He was not in the mood to watch his ex-girlfriend making out with Spike.

"Could, but I'm too damned horny. I just want to shag my woman." Spike looked around till he spied a nearby couch. "How sturdy is that thing?"

"Spike," Buffy whimpered. "I can't afford to replace Angel's couch if we break it."

"If that bloody mistletoe wasn't here mucking things up, we'd be out in the lobby enjoying some nog." Spike looked down into the Slayer's flushed face. "Instead we got to watch the Cheerleader drag her guy off into one of the other offices. It's an orgy out there, worse then the frat house."

"Less talk-y, more kiss-y." Buffy scooted backwards towards the couch. The effects of the mistletoe overrode all of her inhibitions. Buffy smiled enticingly at the blond vampire, who crawled across the floor as he followed her. In a matter of minutes the two blonds were on the couch where they kissed and caressed one another, oblivious to their audience.

Unable to gain Buffy's attention, Angel decided to go out into the lobby. He needed to talk to Harmony about having his office fumigated anyway. He quietly closed the door behind him when he left, only to find the other room totally empty. Angel realized that the others had made use of the offices in ways similar to the way Spike and Buffy were. He winced when he remembered the mistletoe's idea of increased fertility, and he hoped it had just been joking.

TWO MONTHS LATER

"Hey Boss." Harmony entered the office. "I just got my test results back. You're gonna be a daddy."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I want to thank everyone who has read and reviewed so far. While I was writing this story I was worried that it was just a little too strange and that people wouldn't enjoy it. I'm glad to see I was wrong. I want to thank Spikeslovebite, kargrif, jackofspikes and redwulf50 for all their wonderful support. Everyone should have friends like them.