Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the late update...thanks for waiting so patiently. anyways i didn't really think this chapter was all that...it's sort of setting up for the next chapters, so sorry if it's crappy.
Chapter 10: Fighting Dirty

Buffy decided that, if she wanted to get back at Drusilla, her best bet would be to break down the people around her starting with her boyfriend. She and Lindsey had an open relationship. In other words: Dru could sleep with whoever she wanted, and Lindsey was limited to just his girlfriend.

Buffy knew this would be the easiest part of the plan. Lindsey had crushed hard on Buffy when he and Drusilla first started going out about a year ago. The raven haired girl had gotten pissed off, and that’s when the ‘limited to only me’ rule came in.

So the group had set the plan up for the next day, at school. Buffy walked up to Lindsey while he was standing with a couple of his guy friends. “Hey, Lindsey.” Buffy flashed him a bright smile.

Smiling back at her, he greeted her back. “Hi, Buffy. I heard about Parker…I’m sorry.” He said sincerely.

“Oh…I’m fine. Parker was an ass anyway. But actually I wanted to talk to you about something.” Buffy glanced over at the two guys standing beside her, and the Texan quickly got the hint.

“Can you give us a minute guys…I’ll catch up.” She added after they started walking off. “So what is it?” his voice was eager to here what she had to say. It wasn’t everyday that Buffy would talk to him. And if she did, it was mostly to bitch at him for what his girlfriend did to her this time.

Lindsey felt bad that Dru kept hurting this girl. Buffy had never done anything to his girlfriend, and yet she continued to harass the blonde.

“Well…I know you’re still with Drusilla, but I was thinking, maybe I don’t know…” Buffy looked down nervously. “Maybe we can do something…” she looked up at him coyly, biting her bottom lip. “Like go see a movie?”

Lindsey looked down at her, and thought she looked utterly adorable biting her lips like that. He had to admit, his feelings for her over that year hadn’t faded a bit, and what she was suggesting was like telling a fat kid to guard a cake. And even though he was with Drusilla, he couldn’t say no. She sleeps around all the time. One date with Buffy won’t change anything. He thought to himself. “Sure Buffy. That would be great! How about tonight?”

“I actually have plans tonight, but tomorrow’s good.” She claimed with a smile.

“Uhh…” I have plans with Drusilla tomorrow. Oh well, I’ll cancel. “Great! Does eight sound good?” Lindsey asked, almost not being able to contain his excitement.

“Perfect. You know where I live.” Buffy said with a wink before walking away to go to her first class.

The Texan smiled big, as he ran a hand through his long hair. He turned around and walked to meet his friends in the courtyard.

* * * * *

“I did it!” Buffy said bursting through Cordelia’s bedroom after school. Cordy had fifth block off so she got home before her blonde friend. She dropped her bag on the floor, and jumped up onto the bed beside her friend who was reading a magazine. “I have a ‘date’ with Lindsey for tomorrow.” Buffy said with air quotes. “My Gawd, Drusilla is going to freak out when she hears about it!” Buffy said excitedly.

Cordelia smiled, and closed her magazine. “This is going to be too easy. After this whole thing with Lindsey, she’ll break down like that.” She said accentuating it with a snap of her fingers.

“Oh I can’t wait! I’ve been dying to see Drusilla finally get what’s coming to her. The fact that I’m the one to do it makes it that much sweeter.” Buffy said with a toothy grin.

Cordelia eyed her blonde friend carefully. “Don’t get too carried away, Buff. You know Dru can always retaliate. Let’s just go through this in stages, okay…one at a time, not all at once. Everything after this thing with Lindsey is gonna be really hard, you know that right?” Cordy asked curiously.

Buffy looked down and nodded. “Yeah…but I’m going to try. I mean you never know it might work. I’m just gonna have to pull out the big guns with this one.”

“The really big guns. Buffy I hope you know what you’re jumping into, this could turn out really messy.” The brunette girl said with concern.

“I know what I’m getting myself into. And I’m aware of how messy it might get. But I know you’ll be there to collect my guts if things get a little out of control.” Buffy joked with a smile.

Cordy looked disgusted. “Nuh-uh! Xander maybe…Angel, hell even Willow. I am not jonesing to have my freshly manicured hands covered in Buffy-goo, thank you very much.” She claimed in a stuck-up voice while rolling her eyes. The two friends glanced at each other before bursting out laughing.

Cordy was never the type to be snobby or conceited, so when she tried to pull it off it just seemed funny.

* * * * *

The next day, Buffy sat down in the same desk as the day before, in hopes that maybe spike would sit in the same seat as well. When she saw him walk in, she felt the start of a smile on her face…until the brunette bitch came into view walking right behind him.

Not wanted it to look like she cared, Buffy looked back down, and doodled on her page. She subtly glanced up, and noticed Spike sitting in front of her again. She looked back down as Spike was turning around to her, then glancing up as if she just noticed him.

“Hey…can I ask you a favor, pet?” Spike whispered as the teacher began the lesson.

“Pen and paper again?” the petite blonde replied, reaching into her bag with a smile directed at him.

“Just paper.” He corrected, lifting up a blue pen. “I came semi-prepared today.” The two shared a laugh as she handed him a couple sheets of paper. “Thanks, sweets.” He said with a wink, before turning back around.

Buffy ducked her head down, trying to hide the blush and giddy smile that broke out on her cheeks. He called me pet…and sweets. And God a wink like that’s enough to melt a girl.

Buffy continued on with the rest of her work, and easily made it through the day with no interaction what-so-ever with Drusilla. Before her last class of the day, the blonde spotted Lindsey standing in the hallway collecting his books from his locker.

With a small smile Buffy made her way over, and gently squeezed his forearm that was holding the strap of his backpack. “I’m looking forward to tonight, Lindsey. I’m glad we’re doing this…I think it’s about time, don’t you?” she said softly looking up at the Texan through her thick lashes.

Lindsey looked over at her, and a big grin grew on his face. He ran his hand down her arm softly. “I’m glad too. You know I’ve always liked you Buffy, and I’m happy you feel the same way.” Giving her a quick peck on the cheek, Lindsey closed his locker and walked to class.

Buffy stood there, her smile falling from her face. She knew Lindsey liked her. But she didn’t think he like liked her, like a boyfriend like his girlfriend; liked her like ‘I wanna do her’ like her. This isn’t good.

Buffy stormed into Cordelia’s bedroom after her classes finished. “I can’t do it!” the blonde plopped down on the bed beside Cordy.

“Can’t do what Buffy?” the brunette asked with a furrowed brow.

“I can’t go on this date with Lindsey…he likes me.” Buffy pouted as she turned to look at her friend.

Cordelia’s brow grew closer together with confusion. “So? Isn’t that good? Doesn’t it make this whole this that much easier?” she asked perplexed.

“No!” Buffy threw herself back onto the bed, and flung her arm over her eyes. “It’s not good, Cor! This whole thing is to ruin Drusilla not Lindsey.” Buffy sat up again and looked at Cordy. “I just know that if I do this, and in the end he gets hurt…I know I’m gonna feel horrible about it.”

Letting out a sigh Cordy turned to Buffy. “Sweetie…this is the ultimate. You do this one thing, and already Drusilla will be feeling humiliated. You would be taking the one thing that she claimed off limits to every girl, and some guys in the school. And not to mention; he’d be going to you willingly…you be a legend.” Cordelia explained with bright eyes.

After a few seconds of processing what her friend was saying, Buffy nodded her head. “Okay…I’ll do it.” She replied with a smile. “And everything else.” She added as an afterthought.

“Okay girl! Let’s get you ready. You have a ‘date’ to go to!” With twin grins, the two girls got off the bed and started picking out clothes for Buffy to try on.


please review!!



A/N:WARNING PLEASE READ: just to let you know this is not-i repeat-not a L/B fanfic, i'm just using him...much like Buffy is in the story. this is not a Lindsey basher fic either i really like Lindsey as a character actually...*hides behind mommy* don't hurt me...lol