Author's Chapter Notes:
hey everyone...i'm sooooo sorry that i haven't updated, but i'm gunna make it up to you so here's the next chappie! hope you like it...another author's not at the bottom
Chapter 11: Legendary

Lindsey led Buffy into the quaint restaurant in town, with his hand lightly guiding her by the small of her back. This had been something that he had been looking forward to for a while, and when the chance had finally come about, he had to make it special.

The restaurant was semi-romantic without being cheesy, and many teens that we out on dates went there. The hostess smiled at the couple, and led them towards a table in the back by a window. The brunette Texan took in the blonde’s outfit for the millionth time since he had picked her up. She had gone for classy, and wore a form-fitting knee-high black dress, with black strappy sandals. Her golden tresses were swept up from her face, and pulled into a French twist. She looked amazing.

As they were seated Buffy looked up at her fake date and smiled. God this is so weird. She thought as she looked back down to her menu. Just get through this and everything will be fine.

Buffy glanced around the restaurant and spotted a bleach head, sitting with a brunette. Spike and Dru. Spike was facing her, and like he felt her eyes on him, he looked up and caught her eyes. He frowned slightly when he noticed Lindsey sitting with the blonde. Buffy watched as he quickly looked away from her and back to Dru, being snapped out of his reverie.

Buffy realized that Lindsey was still talking looking down at his menu. Snapping out of her reverie, she joined in on his one-sided conversation.

* * * * *

After dinner, Lindsey dropped Buffy off at home. She narrowly avoided her “date’s” kiss, by turning her head and allowing his to kiss her of the cheek. She thanked him, with a smile and walked into her house.

Phase one of the plan completed. Buffy thought to herself as she changed out of her clothes and crawled into bed. She had told Lindsey he shouldn’t take all the crap Dru threw his way, and that instead of just accepting that she would be with other guys while still in a relationship with him, he should stand up to her and tell her he was sick of it. Lindsey had smiled, and committed himself to doing so tomorrow. She thought back to seeing Spike and Drusilla at the restaurant, and thanked her lucky stars that the brunette ho bag didn’t see her and Lindsey. It would have completely ruined the plan.

She didn’t know why it hurt so much to see Spike with Dru. She felt like he could do so much better than her…she would only use him, and Buffy wanted to prevent that from happening. She had to prove to Spike that Dru wasn’t who he thought she was.

With that thought, Buffy closed her eyes and went to sleep, planning to talk to Spike the next day.

* * * * *

Buffy, Angel and Cordelia sat in the courtyard on their lunch break, watching the huge fight between Drusilla and Lindsey. The Texan had walked up to Drusilla when he saw her give Spike a kiss on the cheek. He pulled her away from Spike and proceeded to yell at her.

She yelled back with just as much anger, telling him that he didn’t control her and she could do whatever she liked.

“If you can do whatever you like then so can I!” Lindsey threw back at her. “I’m seeing Buffy!” he said with a smug smile.

Buffy’s eyes widened. Blushing she tried to hide her face from the crowd. Drusilla looked over to the small blonde and laughed.

“You’re seeing Buffy. Well that’s classic! Just take Parker’s sloppy leftovers…it won’t be long before she’s clinging to you begging you love her.” Drusilla mocked Buffy.


“Shut up Drusilla…you don’t even know her. She’s a better person then you’ll ever be.” Lindsey argued.

“She may be a better person…but at least I know how to please a man.” Dru said spitefully.

Buffy gave her a hard glare, and then stood up to run back into the school. Spike watched her go, and had an urge to run after her. So he did. Spike chased her into the school, and found her crying in the empty stairwell of the other side of the school.

Spike sat down next to her, and waited until she faced him. “Are you okay?” he asked gently, placing a hand on her back.

Buffy sniffled, and wiped her tears. “As okay as I can be after being humiliated in front of the whole student body.”

Spike felt for the girl. She seemed so sweet, and so caring to others. Drusilla had no right to cut her down in front of everyone like that. After about a moment of silence, Spike turned to Buffy. “You’re not really seeing Lindsey are you? I mean I saw you two out for dinner last night, but it’s not serious or anything?” he asked timidly.

Buffy glanced over to him, shocked he’d ask that questions of all questions. “Why does it matter?”

“Well maybe cause I like you.”

“That I find very hard to believe. Probably one of Dru’s sneaky tricks to get me vulnerable so her and her friends can have a laugh.” Buffy said lightly, brushing the comment off.

“That’s not why I’m here. I happen to be quite fond of you actually.” He insisted with a smile.

Buffy smiled back, and thought to herself. He seems like an okay guy. I can like him, and still have him as part of the plan, right?

“Come on…let’s get out of here. We’ll go for a drive, luv.” Spike stood, holding out his hand for Buffy.

Grabbing it, she pushed herself to her feet, and gushed at the term of endearment that slipped from his lips. The two of them walked out of the stairwell and down the hall towards the parking lot.



A/N: the next chapter is going to be flashing back to present time, and I’ll be continuing their past throughout the rest of the story…there are still some things that I want to elaborate on. Again I’m soo sorry for the extremely late update, it started off as writer’s block and then I just got so busy with other things I had to push back my stories. Please review! I hope I didn’t lose any of you…I may put of my updating for a while, but I’ll always finish my stories…otherwise it just bugs the crap out of me…lol thanks for reading