Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry about the wait writer's block for all my stories...weird i know but i think i'm back now! i hope i still got some of you
PREVIOUSLY IN GOOD ENOUGH


When Buffy heard the doorbell ring she felt her heart jump into her throat. Smoothing down her shirt and skirt, she walked to the door and opened it to find a God on the other side. Her date was dressed in black jeans, and instead of his usual black shirt, he opted for a dark blue button-up with the first few buttons undone so you could see the white beater underneath. He had also switched up his leather duster for a shorter black leather jacket that hung just past his waist. His hair was not slicked back, but instead let loose in unruly curls.

When Spike first caught a look of his date for the night he felt his knees buckle a little. And there go the warm tingly feelings. he said to himself. She looked beautiful; a vision he’d never forget with her golden hair cascading over her shoulders like a waterfall, the smile that seemed to light up the whole room, and the way her eyes shone with excitement.

“Hey, pet. You look gorgeous.” Ignoring his nervousness, he reached for her hand and placed a gently kiss on the back of it.

“Thank you…you look pretty good yourself.” She replied, blushing as her stomach fluttered with butterflies.

“You ready to go?” he asked.

“Yeah, just let me grab my purse.” Buffy grabbed the small black purse hanging on the banister at the end of the stairs.

Buffy closed the door behind her and locked it, before heading down the driveway to Spike’s car. Before Buffy could do it herself, Spike opened her door for her with a smile and got in on his side was she was seated and they were on their way to Cordelia’s party.


Chapter 16: The Party

Buffy and Spike entered the doors of Cordelia’s massive house, both of them with butterflies in their stomachs. Buffy told herself that there was nothing she should be worried about. Drusilla wasn’t going to be there and neither was her band of skanks. The blonde took a calming breath and led Spike further into the house.

“This place is huge.” Spike exclaimed, with his eyes roaming over the house flooded with teenagers.

“Yeah…Cordy’s parents are rich. I think they cheated on their taxes.” Buffy whispered in Spike’s ear. “Come on, Cordy and Willow said they’d be by the pool house.” She grabbed Spike’s hand and gently pulled him through the throng of people towards the back, to the large pool and pool house.

“There’s a pool house?” Spike asked incredulously.

“Yeah, she said that everyone was in the hot tub.” Buffy stated glancing back at him

“There’s a hot tub? Bloody hell I must be really far from home.” Spike joked with a straight look on his face. “I didn’t bring any trunks.”

“That’s fine…neither did I.” Spike stopped walking at that, causing Buffy to stop too. The blonde looked back with a frown and noticed her dates raised eyebrows and sly smirk. “Not what I meant.” She amended. “Cordy has a bunch of bathing suits in the pool house for guests, all brand new. We’ll take a look when we get in there.”

* * * * *

A few hours later Buffy, Spike and the rest of the gang finally decided to get out of the pool and move back into the house for some drinks and music. It wasn’t long before Buffy was past tipsy and starting to loosen up a little bit. Buffy and Spike were hanging out in the kitchen alone except for the few that came in and out for drinks. She was seated on the island counter, while Spike sat on a stool beside her.

“You know…when I first met you I thought you were the sexiest guy I’ve ever seen?” Buffy admitted with a little bit of a slur.

Spike, who was just as drunk if not more, chuckled like a little boy. “Is that so…well I thought you were a cute little thing too. Thought you were way out of my league but caught my attention all the same.”

She looked at him in disbelief. “How am I out of your league? It’s not like I’m anything special.” She claimed swinging her legs lazily.

“But you are…” Spike became more serious. “You don’t have to try and be beautiful like all those other girls out there.” Spike pointed in the general direction of the living room. “You just are. You’re you plain and simple, no fronts, no lies…just Buffy. You’re so unpretentious to the fact that there are so many men out there that want you…” Buffy snorted and turned her head away. “It’s true! Believe me I’m a guy I pick up on these things. And you don’t even notice just how gorgeous you are…not only physically…but inside too.”

Buffy took a long hard look at the man in front of her telling her all these beautiful things. Without another moment of thought, Buffy leaned down and captured his lips in a long sweet kiss. When she pulled away she saw Spike’s eyes still closed and shock written on his face. When he opened them and saw the blonde gazing down at him a smile, he rose to his feet and let his fingers dive into her golden locks and brought her face closer to his.

The second kiss was longer and more passionate, starting a fire that was burning in both of their hearts.

* * * * *

Angel was at the bottom of his sixth beer and he was ready for another. He hadn’t seen Buffy since the pool, and was starting to wonder where she was. His house was so big she could be anywhere. His plan was to talk to, finally get his feelings for the girl off his chest in the hopes that she’d give him a chance.

I’ll tell her after I get another beer. the brunette thought to himself as he stood up from the couch with a bit of a stumble and towards the kitchen. He froze in the doorway when he found Buffy. He found Spike too…and he was all over her lips.

Angel let his empty beer bottle smash on the floor, and stormed back through the living room intent on going to his room. On his way he bumped hard into his sister.

“Whoa Ang! What’s got you all bad moody?” His reply was a simple raise of the hand, his way of saying ‘just leave me alone’. Cordelia sighed and continued into the kitchen, where she caught the end of what seemed to be a pretty heated kiss.

Then it hit her. Angel witnessed the love of life making out with the one guy he couldn’t stand. She felt for her brother. When the two blondes greeted her she threw them a smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes, went into the fridge and grabbed a cooler for herself and a beer for her brother. He needed someone right know and she would see that he got that. Cordy left the kitchen and made her way through the mass of people to go up the stairs and to her brother’s room.


Chapter End Notes:
please review