Author's Chapter Notes:
hey here's another chapter for you...hope you like it. i hope i still have my readers, so please leave a review let me know what you think
Angel let his empty beer bottle smash on the floor, and stormed back through the living room intent on going to his room. On his way he bumped hard into his sister.

“Whoa Ang! What’s got you all bad moody?” His reply was a simple raise of the hand, his way of saying ‘just leave me alone’. Cordelia sighed and continued into the kitchen, where she caught the end of what seemed to be a pretty heated kiss.

Then it hit her. Angel witnessed the love of his life making out with the one guy he couldn’t stand. She felt for her brother. When the two blondes greeted her she threw them a smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes, went into the fridge and grabbed a cooler for herself and a beer for her brother. He needed someone right know and she would see that he got that. Cordy left the kitchen and made her way through the mass of people to go up the stairs and to her brother’s room.



Chapter 17: Dear Brother

Cordelia knocked quietly on Angel’s bedroom door and sighed when he didn’t answer. “Angel…it’s me. Can you open the door, please?” She waited as he lethargically got up from his bed and opened the door for her. “Thank you…I brought you a beer!” Cordy stated with a bright smile.

He took it without a thank you and walked back to his bed. “I thought you’d appreciate it since something so obviously kept you from going into the kitchen.” She gave her brother a pointed look. When his head shot up to look at her she continued. “Look I know that must have hurt to see, but you can’t blame her…or him for that matter.” Cordelia came to sit next to her brother on the bed. “You’ve neglected to let her know of your feelings, maybe if you’d told her-”

“That’s what I was going to do.” Angel admitted softly. “I was looking for her all night. She doesn’t even see me like that Cor. This isn’t just some stupid high school crush…I love her…always have.” Angel hung his head and Cordy could tell a brooding session was coming up.

“Oh…dear Brother.” The brunette placed her hand on his knee. “You’ve got it bad. I had no idea that you felt that strongly for Buffy.” Cordy shook her head in amazement.

“Because I didn’t want to you to tell her. Please don’t tell her, the last thing I need is her feeling sorry for me.” Angel begged.

“I won’t tell her anything. You’re my brother after all. Come here.” Cordy pulled Angel into a tight hug, and kissed him on the cheek. “Now come downstairs, you don’t need to be locking yourself in your room all night.”

Grabbing him by the hand, Cordelia walked Angel out of his room and back down to the party.

* * * * *

Buffy and Spike stumbled their way back to the pool house laughing about something they couldn’t remember. They noted that people had started to leave the party now, and it was going on three in the morning.

“You can crash in here…” Buffy stated glancing back at Spike, and closing the door behind them. “You are way too drunk to drive home.” She continued as she tripped over the bed, and plopped her ass on the mattress.

“I’m drunk? You can’t even stay standing up.” Spike sat down next to her. He gazed at the blonde before him for a moment before he spoke again. “You going to be staying in here too then?” he asked with a bit of a leer.

The alcohol in Buffy brought out her flirtatious side. “Well I could, or I could stay in the guest bedroom in the house. You’re pretty hammered, you probably want the bed to yourself, right?” she smirked at him as she made to stand up.

Spike grabbed her arm. “Not necessarily. I might enjoy the company.” Buffy came to sit back down on the bed, a little closer to Spike this time. “Stay.” His hand reached up to graze her cheek lightly and all she could do was nod.

* * * * *

Drusilla glanced up at the house with an evil grin. She knew her Spike was inside, she could see his car parked on the street. If Buffy thought she could take him from her, the girl had another thing coming.

Drusilla walked up the driveway and walked through the door, she made her way through the big entrance way and moved into the living room where the party was still going strong even though it was already two o’clock in the morning. She weaved through the people, glancing around for her prince.

“What are you doing here?” Dru turned around to find both owners of the house; Cordy with her hands on her hips, and Angel with his arms crossed over his chest. “You weren’t invited.” Cordelia spat out with her eyebrow cocked.

“Well I came here to gather Spike…” Drusilla looked Angel up and down with lust in her eyes. “I might just take you instead.” She smirked while she ran her fingertips down his bare forearm.

Angel shook it off quickly. “Not gonna happen. Get out.” he was stone cold, not one emotion other than anger shown on his face. This bitch had cause way too much shit for Buffy for her to get any kindness at all.

The raven-haired beauty smiled. “As you wish.” She moved around them and headed towards the back door.

* * * * *

Buffy and Spike smiled at each other as the lay side by side on the bed. After Spike asked her to stay, Spike leaned in to kiss her again. The way her lips felt against his blew him away. He felt drunk off her and the poet in him was begging to be let out. They continued their passionate kiss for a good half an hour before they parted.

Spike blurted out the first thing that came to his mind without thinking much of it first. “Do you believe in love at first sight?” the seriousness in his tone and the inquisitive look on his face, caused Buffy to sober up as well.

“Sometimes, yeah.” At his questioning look she explained. “Sometimes people can mistake love for lust. And when a couple builds a relationship on lust, thinking its love…someone always gets hurt. Being in love is suppose to make you happy not cause you pain.” The blonde concluded.

“Haven’t you heard of the phrase ‘You always hurt the ones you love’?” Spike paused for a moment before continuing. “What about, falling in love with someone you’ve only known for a short period of time…do you believe in that?” Spike was softly stroking Buffy’s cheek as he spoke, noticing her breathing get ragged as he uttered those words.

“I don’t know.” She whispered. “Do you?”

Spike smiled…actually smiled brightly. “I do now.”