Author's Chapter Notes:
okay sorry for the late update...but here it is. You'll see that the flashbacks are going to start melting together now to clear some things up for you
Chapter 20: Boy Does Time Fly

A few months later…

Buffy moved the rest of her boxes into her new dorm room, Willow right behind her with her belongings.

“We finally did it Buffy! We’re all moved in…Oooh this is so exciting!” Willow bounced up and down.

Buffy gave a small smirk. “Gee…I can’t wait to see you’re reaction when classes start.” she claimed sarcastically.

Willow jumped onto her bed on the left side of the room, and crossed her legs. “Oh come on Buff! You can’t tell me this isn’t any fun…We’re in college now, living on our own…free to do what we want.” the red head stated enthusiastically.

Buffy collapsed on her bed, her arms flailed to the sides. “I wonder what Spike’s doing now?” she asked herself.

“No!” Willow scowled. “Don’t think about him. He’s a waste of your time. We’re in college now…you’ve got hot college men to ogle. Forget about high school boys.” the red head stated with a wave of her hand.

Buffy pouted at her friend, ignoring her comment. “Maybe Cordy can give me the weekly update. Like when Spike and Dru get into fights…or-or if he catches her cheating on him?” the blonde asked a little too hopefully.

Willow frowned. Her friend was really having a hard time getting over this guy, and it hurt her to watch. “Get out.”

Buffy sat up, and raised an eyebrow to her friend. “Excuse me?”

Will smiled. “No I mean get out of the dorms, check the place out. Get your mind off some things.”

“Get my mind off Spike, you mean.” Buffy sighed and ran a hand through her golden locks. “You’re right. I can’t pine over him forever.” she got up off her bed and started collecting her jacket and her purse. “Maybe I’ll find Angel’s dorm, and we can find our way around campus together. You wanna come?” she asked as she slipped her jacket on.

“No…you go. I’ll set up around here.” Willow waved her off with a smile. When the door closed behind her friend she sighed. “Maybe this way you’ll get a clue.”


* * * * *

Buffy had found Angel’s dorm room about half an hour ago, and now the two of them were touring the huge campus.

“So I think it’s good.” Buffy claimed. “I need the time away from him you know, time to get over him, and move on.” She glanced up at Angel and noticed his expressionless face. “I’m talking about him too much, aren’t I?” she groaned. “The whole point of getting out of the dorms was to clear my mind and now I’m getting it all foggy!”

Angel stopped her from walking by gently grabbing her arm. “Hey, it’s okay. You had to get some things off your chest and you did. Feel better?” he smiled.

Buffy smiled back. “Yeah, you know, I do! Thanks.” They started strolling again. “So, how’s your roommate? Cool or Fool?” the blonde asked taking a sip of her coffee.

“Cool…I think.” Angel nodded. “Well he thinks he is anyway.”

“Oh…total fool then.” Buffy giggled. “He doesn’t write his name on his food, does he?” Angel furrowed a brow at her. “You know so that you know not to eat it?”

He winced a little. “Is that bad?”

Buffy chuckled. “Oh honey…get out while you still can.” she said with a little pat to his shoulder.

Buffy and Angel had continued on like this for a couple of months; hanging out on their spare blocks, and enjoying a few evenings out of the week sitting on the couch in the common room just chatting about every day life. It was always very friendly and innocent until that one night in the common room sitting by the fireplace.

Angel grabbed the wool blanket from the couch and threw it over his and Buffy’s laps where they sit in front of the fireplace. It was fairly cold for a California November.

“There…you feel warmer now?” Angel asked getting himself comfortable beside the blonde.

“Much better. I can’t believe the weather we’ve been having…snow in November! The world is ending.” she stated in resignation.

Angel chuckled at her joke, and subtly scooted closer to her. “I’m sure it’ll start with Canada. We’ve still got some time to prepare.” Buffy giggled, and Angel couldn’t help but smile at how beautiful she sounded when she laughed.

Buffy rotated her neck around in a circle, stretching her muscles. “God it feels so good to escape like this. My brain’s been filled with essays, professors and due dates for the past two weeks. Feels like I can finally relax now that it’s all done…for now anyway.” she sighed out a laughed and dropped her head, letting her blonde locks drape and hide her face.

Angel reached up and gently tucked her hair behind her left ear. Her head lifted up slowly to look at him, and she noticed how his fingers seems to be playing with the ends of her tresses. Angel was smiling at her and so were his eyes.

Buffy was so stunned that she didn’t see him leaning in until his lips were a hairsbreadth away from hers. “Angel?” she whispered.

“Yes?” he whispered back against her lips. His eyes opened and he frowned when he felt her delicate hand lightly pushing on his chest.

She frowned in apology and bit her lip. “I’m sorry but I’m just not ready for that right now.” she sighed when she saw him drop his head in defeat. “I still love him. I know it sounds crazy, but I do.”

Angel shook his head. “How does the asshole get all the love?” he said to himself.

“I’m sorry Angel. I’m working on it…I just need more time.” Buffy pleaded with her eyes.

Angel knew he’d wait for her. He’d wait forever if she asked him to. “Okay. I’ll wait for you.” he said with so much sincerity that her eyes welled up.

She had started to notice that Angel was falling for her. Buffy had tried to ignore it at first because it was weird. Angel was her best friend’s brother…he was such a good friend to her that she couldn’t think of him as anything other than that.

Willow had been giving her subtle hints about Angel’s feelings, and that Buffy should give things a shot with him. Buffy was slowly starting to believe that this was a step in the right direction, but like she said, she still needed some time to get over Spike…which she was finding out wasn’t as easy as she thought.

Buffy sighed. What she really needed was a getaway. Maybe a visit to her father was long overdue.


Chapter End Notes:
hope you liked it please review