Author's Chapter Notes:
the last chapter! so glad i finally finished it! yay! hope to here what you think...
Chapter 21: Don't Tell Me I Haven't Been Good To You…


Buffy placed the utensils out on the dining table in front of each chair. It was a gang reunion at the Summers-Giles house. “When did Angel say he was getting here?” she asked waddling back into the kitchen. She was six months pregnant now, and now she remembered why she told Spike he could have the next one.

Spike grabbed her hand and led her to the chair in the kitchen, being the dotting hubby he was. “Here baby sit down. Angel will be here with Darla in about ten minutes, I just got off the phone with him, they just checked into a hotel. Cordelia said she’d be a while yet…something about being fashionably late.” Spike mumbled out. He used to hate going to their dinner parties late…made him feel like he was missing out on something.

“I don’t want to sit down…I’ve been sitting down for the past two months!” as she said this, Buffy plopped down on the chair almost relieved. She had been a little edge the past couple of weeks and while during the first pregnancy, Spike would get edgy as well…this time around he found it more endearing than anything. “I’m sorry, baby.” she said pulling Spike to stand between her legs, and wrapping her arms around his waist. “I know I need to relax a little; I’ve just been stressed, what with Madison going to school soon and I’m worried about how she’s going to get along. Maddi doesn’t even want to leave my side when I drop her off at dance for an hour…what about when she has to go to school without us for seven hours?”
Spike pulled away to look down at his wife. “I know you’re worried for her, but she has to get use to it. Now let’s finish getting everything set up and have a nice dinner with our friends. I’ll call Maddi down.” Spike left the kitchen to grab their daughter from her room upstairs.

Buffy finished setting the table and put the food on all the plates, before bringing them out two at a time. She placed them in front of each chair, and the doorbell rang just as Spike was coming down the stairs with Madison.

“I’ll get it!” Maddi cried out, rushing to the door and flinging it open. “Hi, Angel!” she screeched jumping into his arms. After the initial meeting, Angel made a point of stopping by a couple of times, and Maddi really took a liking to him. Of course she was very familiar with his sister, and called her Auntie Cordy.

“Hey kiddo!” Angel carried her inside, smiling at Spike as he entered. He put Maddi on the ground to introduce his girlfriend. “Spike this is my girlfriend Darla…baby this is Spike.”

Spike shook her hand, welcoming her into his home, and led them into the kitchen where Buffy was sitting with Madison who was rubbing her mommy’s tummy affectionately. He eyes lit up when she saw Angel. “Hey Angel! Good to see you again.” she gave him a hug as best she could with her swollen belly. “Sorry he’s getting in the way a lot these days.”

“So Spike was right!” he concluded smiling at his friend.

Buffy smiled, then turned to the blonde beside the tall brunette. “You must be Darla. So good to finally meet you…Angel’s talks the world of you.” Angel had never seen Buffy look so vibrant before. She was glowing in her face; her eyes, her smile, and skin.

Darla glanced up at her boyfriend, and wrapped an arm around his waist. “Really now?” she raised a brow questioningly. “The world, huh?” she asked playfully.

Angel gave her a kiss. “You know I love you.” After the rest of the introductions were made, they grabbed some drinks and chatted as they waited for Cordelia. About ten minutes later the door bell rang signaling her arrival.

Buffy waddled to the door, and opened it for her friend, who quickly wrapped her up in a warm hug. “Look at you! You grew since the last time I saw you which was what? A week ago?” she smiled brightly and made her way into the house. “Sorry I’m late I told Spike I was having a fashion disaster!” She made her rounds and said ‘hi’ to everyone, before picking up her ‘niece’ and bringing her to the dinner table.


They continued on, having a delicious meal, laughing and joking and talking about recent events. “So how did you guys all meet?” Darla asked looking at them.

The table burst out laughing. “You mean Angel didn’t tell you?” Buffy asked holding her stomach.

Darla smiled. “No…he said it was a story that you all had to tell.”

Cordy started. “Well…me, Angel and Buffy went to high school together, and Spike moved here halfway through the school year.” Everyone stopped eating as the story was told.

“Buffy had this adorable crush on me from the beginning…but I was too busy with Drusilla to notice.” Spike continued.

When Darla raised her brows in question, Buffy elaborated. “The Evil Bitch Monster from Hell that loved to do nothing more than ruin my life. I was so smitten as a kitten that I didn’t notice the crush that Angel had for me.” Angel shyly ducked his head, and Darla didn’t seemed bothered by hearing that at all. She knew all about his and Buffy’s relationship.

“It went on like that for a while.” Cordy jumped in. “There’s way too much drama-rama to filter through, but pretty much it turned out with Buffy and Angel together…”

“And my sister and Spike together.” Angel added. “But me and Cordy both knew that they had this forbidden love of all time, and pretty much let them have at it.” he joked, causing the table to laugh.

“Well there was definitely more to it than that…but I don’t think we’d ever have the time to tell it.” Buffy giggled, playing with the hair at the nape of Spike’s neck, while he rubbed her thigh with his thumb. Then something occurred to her. “Hey Cordy didn’t you have a date tonight?”

Cordy smiled, and looked down shyly. “Yes…he couldn’t make it for dinner, but he’ll stop by when he gets into town.” she said evasively.

Spike frowned. “Get’s into town…? Where did he go?”

“He was in Houston visiting family, but he’ll be here.” the brunette supplied.

They cleared the table and placed the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, before everyone moved into the living room for more drinks…except Buffy who had an Iced Tea. Spike tucked their daughter in bed since it was already after 8:30. After about twenty minutes of old tales, and filling Darla in on everything, the door bell rang.

Cordelia jumped up. “I’ll get it!” she disappeared for a few minutes. She heard her squeal and a man’s chuckle before she pulled him into the room. Buffy, Spike and Angel’s jaws all dropped to the floor in awe. “Guy’s you remember Lindsey, right?”

They all nodded in a daze. Lindsey chuckled again, bringing the front of his cowboy hat down in greeting. “Hey guys, good to see y’all again.”

Before anyone could say anything, Cordy continued. “We started dating a about a year ago…we didn’t want to tell you cause I was looking so forward to see the shocked looks on your faces went you saw him.” her eyes shone, as she looked back up at her boyfriend. Her head whipped back to look at Buffy. “Oh and you better hurry up with that baby, cause I need you to fit into the Maid of Honor dress I got you.”

She said it so nonchalantly that it took Buffy and the others a moment before it clicked in. Buffy screamed and hugged her best friend with excitement. “You’re getting married!” they jumped up and down and everyone congratulated them.

Angel got up and walked over to Lindsey. “Welcome to the whole Damn Family, man.” they shook hands, as Buffy, Darla and Cordy went on about wedding arrangements, and the perfect Bachelorette party.

They gang was back and with a couple extra members…no drama…no feuds…just happiness. Buffy was looking around at everyone, and how mature they were now. We finally grew up.


Don't tell me I haven't been good to you
Don't tell me I have never been there for you
Don't tell me why
Nothing is good enough

So just let me try
And I will be good to you
Just let me try
And I will be there for you
I'll show you why
You're so much more than good enough…


Chapter End Notes:
thank you for reading! love you all please review! Song is "Good Enough" by Sarah McLachlan