Author's Chapter Notes:
okay chappie 3 for ya!! hope you like please review!!!
Chapter 3: Longing To Hold You

Present day

“I let you go.” Spike admitted quietly. Buffy looked towards him and waited for him to continue. “I had a chance to keep you with me and I just let you go.”

“Well it just wasn’t what you wanted then.” Buffy nervously played with her hands.

“Yes it was. But I just couldn’t bring myself to say it. I wanted to…but-God I dunno I just wasn’t thinking straight. I kinda lost my mind. I tend to get that way around you.” Spike ran his hand through his unruly curls.

“I make you lose you’re mind? Oh well that’s great. You’re going insane, and I’m to blame.” Buffy joked whole-heartedly.

“You know what I mean.” Spike chuckled out. “With you, all my resolve just goes out the window, and I’ll pretty much do anything you ask of me.” Spike stated shaking his head with a smile.

“Well, in that case: Wanna take me shopping tomorrow?” Buffy asked cheerfully, with her 100-watt smile.

“See? Right there!” Spike pointed at her. “It’s that smile of yours. Get away with murder with that smile, you can.” He noticed the blush that crept up her cheeks but decided not to call her on it.

* * * * *

Cordelia stood by the window, watching the blonde couple that sat on the porch. She had heard the two laughing while she was getting changed into her pajamas, she and walked over to the window and pulled up the blinds.

They seemed to be having such a good time together. And it was so natural. Cordy wished that her and Spike had a relationship like he had with Buffy. Of course with the sex, though cause…the sex was gooood. She knew about their history and how they almost got together. Buffy had told her when she came back from Chicago a year and a half later.

Cordy was happy that the two didn’t get together, because she had liked Spike since high school. But she knew that the blondes belonged with each other. She closed the blinds, and took one last look at the two still laughing outside.

* * * * *

“I should probably go home now.” Buffy said, her laughter dying down, after remembering some funny moments from high school. “Angel’s probably worried.” Buffy stood and brushed off her pants.

Spike stood with her, and they both walked inside. Buffy grabbed her purse, and put it on while Spike opened up the door for her.

“Thank you, for letting me stay here a while. I know that you have work in a couple hours, and I’m sorry I woke you.”

“Hey…don’t worry about it. You needed to talk and I’m here for you. You know that.” Spike said as he yawned.

Buffy giggled at how boyish he looked. “Yeah, but not when you need your beauty sleep.”

“Are you saying I’m not pretty?” the sleepy blonde asked with mock hurt; one of his hands over his heart. “That hurts, luv.”

“Aww, did I bwuise the big bad’s ego?” Buffy retorted in a baby voice. The two shared a laugh before Buffy continued. “Goodnight…or good morning. I’ll see you around.” She gave him a hug that was a little more than friendly, and he eagerly returned it. It was a hug that showed the longing the two had for each other, and knowing it would be a long time coming before they could get what they wanted from each other.

Buffy smiled, then walked out the door and to her car, to face an angry boyfriend. He wouldn’t be mad that she left. No, he can understand why she’d leave after their fights. He’d be mad because she ran to him. Again!

* * * * *

Buffy turned the key in the lock at hers and Angel’s apartment, and quietly stepped into the room. The lights were off and the place seemed silent. He’s asleep.

Buffy placed her purse on the glass table in the entryway, and shed her coat and shoes on her way to the bedroom. She opened the door, and flipped on the light on her side of the bed. She jumped in surprise when she saw Angel sitting up in the bed looking down at his hands.

“God, Angel you scared me.” Buffy gasped her hand over her chest, to calm her racing heart.

“Sorry.” Angel’s voice was monotone and quiet.

“Angel, what are you doing sitting in the dark?” Buffy asked changing into her pj’s.

“I was just thinking. Were you at Spike’s?” The question was asked so nonchalantly that Buffy didn’t know if she wanted to answer, afraid what his reaction might be.

“Um, yeah.” Might as well tell the truth. He’d get angrier if I lied. “Yeah, I was just talking to Cordy.” Okay, so I lied a little. But it’s okay to embellish, right?

“Oh, really?” that seemed to make him a little happier. His eyes were wide with surprise that it was Cordy she was talking to. He thought for sure that she was going to run to her knight with shining hair, and cry on his shoulder. Telling him what a bad boyfriend he was and making him look bad. He shook away his thoughts. “What’d she say?”

“Oh, she gave me a little advice.” Buffy climbed into the bed and curled into Angel’s side.

“And what kinda of advice did my sister give you? Something of the ‘get over it’ kind?” Angel lay down in the bed, smiling as Buffy playfully hit his arm.

“Nooo…she told me that: We can push past this. That its gunna take some work, but we can do it.” Buffy wrapped her arm around his waist, and placed a kiss on his bare chest. She didn’t want to tell him the truth this time. It would only make things worse. Her telling him that, his own sister suggested that she find a guy more like Spike. No. Angel would blow a blood vessel if she said that. So this was her way of telling him that everything was okay between them, and they would work it out.

I hope.