Author's Chapter Notes:
some good spuffy for you because you waitied sooo long!!! thanks to everyone for the reviews...you're awesome!! gold stars all around :D
Chapter 6: Bad Timing

Things between Spike and Buffy cooled a little bit. They decided that the best way to control themselves was to stay away from each other for a while. Buffy was sitting at home waiting for Angel to come home. For the past few weeks since that time in the kitchen, Angel had been getting called into work at crazy hours. He was going in early and coming home late, and Buffy barely got to spend any time with him anymore. It was already quarter to eleven, and he still wasn’t home. She was starting to get tired, and let her eyes shut, as she fell asleep on the couch.

Angel walked through the door about ten minutes after Buffy fell asleep. She started to awaken when she heard Angel close the door. Sitting up she combed her fingers through her hair, and rubbed her eyes.

Standing up she walked into the kitchen where her boyfriend had walked into to find something in the fridge. “You didn’t make dinner.” He stated without even looking at her.

Buffy frowned, taken back. “Nooo…because I was too worried about where the hell you were! Angel, you keep coming home later and later. What’s going on with you?” She asked, almost afraid of his answer.

“Nothing…I’m just working a lot lately. There’s this big case, and it’s my top priority.” Angel declared, pulling out a beer, and opening a cupboard to grab a bag of chips.

“Even over me? The lease you could do is call me to let me know you’ll be late. Most of the time, I’m asleep by the time you come home so I don’t even know what random hours you usually come home at. Maybe this is early for you!” Buffy was starting to get upset and a little hurt at how Angel walked right past her and sat on the couch, kicking his feet up onto the coffee table and munching away at the chips. Turning around towards him, tears forming in her eyes, she asked him the one thing that was floating through her head all night. “Is there someone else?”

Angel laughed. He actually laughed. “Come on, Buffy, are you serious? No…it’s just work.”

“Well, maybe it’s someone at work that’s keeping you there. Like that secretary of yours, for instance.” Buffy’s hurt was currently masked by anger, her attitude oozing out of her now. She placed her hands on her hips.

“Harmony?! Please, Buffy I can’t stand her!”

“You said it yourself, Angel. She’s good at attracting men…and maybe you’re one of them.”

He chuckled to himself. “Look who’s talking.”

“What! I have never cheated on you!” Buffy defended. Even as she said it, an image of her and Spike kissing in the storage room at the gallery popped into her head.

“Maybe not, but I know that you have thought about it…with Spike.” Angel’s eyes carried darkness in them that Buffy had never seen before. But she stood her ground.

“We are not getting into this thing with Spike again, Angel! I told you, there is nothing going on with me and him!” Buffy yelled, frustrated that with every fight between her and Angel, he always brought in Spike.

Angel stood up with the half full can of beer in his hand. “Whatever…I’m not gunna deal with this right now. I’m going to bed.” He started walking to the bedroom, but Buffy grabbed his arm and stopped him.

“Don’t walk away from this Angel; you brought it up so you can’t be the one to walk away! That’s what you always do!”

Angel threw the can of beer at the wall behind her and smashed the glass of Buffy’s favorite painting, causing her to gasp, and flinch away. Looking back at him she noticed he advanced on her, and the vein popping out of his neck. “No Buffy that’s what you do!” his voice was deep and almost menacing. “You run away when we get in a fight, and it’s always him you run to!”

Buffy’s eyes widened and she was starting to feel a little afraid of him right now. “He’s my friend…I just talk to him, that’s all. Angel, please calm down.” Her anger was lingering in the background as her nervousness took the front seat. Buffy’s voice was weak and wavering as she spoke.

“No Buffy I’m not gunna calm down! I’m sick and tired of all this fighting with you. Either we’re fighting or we’re not talking at all! I’m done with it Buffy…I think we need to take a break.” Angel walked into the bedroom, leaving Buffy to stand in the living room, staring into nothing, tears streaming down her cheeks. She heard him moving around in the other room, but her mind didn’t comprehend anything that was going on.

Angel walked back into the living room about five minutes later with a duffel bag. A full duffel bag. “I’m gunna go stay in a motel for a few days…I need to think about some things.” He walked forward, and stopped when he was standing right in front of Buffy. He looked down at her and sighed. “Goodbye.”

With that, he turned right back around and walked out the door. When the door closed behind him, everything clicked into place. He was leaving her. Buffy sobbed hard, not being able to hold them back any longer. She let her knees give out, and fell to the floor. Tears continued to descend from her eyes for another ten minutes. She became too tired to cry anymore, and let her eyes close.

The ringing of the phone jerked her awake, and she quickly answered it hoping it was Angel saying he made a mistake and he was coming back. “Angel?” Buffy asked desperately, her voice rough from sobbing but still weak.

“No, it’s Spike. What’s wrong you sound like you’re crying?” his voice was so filled with concern she could almost feel it.

“I’m fine.” Buffy took a deep breath, and cleared her throat. “What’s up?”

Spike didn’t sound convinced but he continued anyway. “Uh, well…Cordy’s out of town with a couple of her girlfriends from work, for about a week, so my house is kinda empty. I was wondering if maybe I could come over for a bit…and we can talk or something.”

Buffy frowned. Was that a good idea? She thought to herself. “I’m kinda tired Spike…maybe tomorrow.”

Spike noticed something different in her voice. Even from when she picked up the phone. “What’s wrong, Buffy? I can tell when something’s wrong…I can hear it in your voice.”

Buffy sighed, and tear slipped her closed eyelid. That’s what she loved so much about him. He knew everything about her. “I just got into a fight with Angel. I’m fine.”

“I’m coming over.” And before she could say something back, he had already hung up the phone.

* * * * *

About twenty minutes later, there was a knock on the door. When Buffy opened it she got a very pissed off Spike standing on the other side. “Is he here?”

Buffy opened the door more for him. “No.” Spike walked into the house, and embraced her in a warm hug. He rested his chin on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry that this keeps happening, Buffy.” When he pulled away, he gazed at her and wiped away her tears.

“It’s not your fault. Come in…sit down.” Buffy walked into the living room and sat down on the love seat.

Spike walked in behind her, and noticed the spilled beer, on the hardwood floor, on the wall, and the broken glass surrounding it. He noticed the painting was smashed, the wall had a big dent in it, and the canvas was ripped. “Did Angel do this?” he asked already knowing the answer.

“Yeah…I’m sorry I didn’t really get around to cleaning it.” Buffy stood up and quickly moved into the kitchen to grab a cloth, broomstick and dustpan. She dropped to her hands and knees, and soaked up the beer. She then swept up the glass with the broom and dustpan.

Buffy threw out the glass, and rinsed out the cloth then came back into the living room. The two were silent for a few seconds then Spike spoke up. “That was your favorite painting.”

“Yup.” Buffy ran her hands through her hair and sighed. Spike came to sit down next to her, and rubbed her back soothingly. “Everything just happened so fast. I was pissed cause he came home so late, and he pretty much just ignored me. Then I asked if there was someone else and he said that he was just busy with work. He suspected that I was cheating on him with you and then everything just went downhill from there. He said that even if I didn’t cheat on him, I was thinking about it.” Buffy sighed loudly. “He stood up to go to bed, and I told him not to walk away then he chucked his beer at the glass, and blew up at me. In the end it ended up with him saying that he was going to stay at a motel for a while, and that we needed a break.”

* * * * *

The two sat cuddled together on the love seat, listening to soft music and talking quietly to each other. “You know a part of me felt relieved when Angel walked out that door. Like I was free of him.” Buffy lifted her head off of his chest to look up at him. “Is that a horrible thing to say?” she asked.

“No, of course not. Things between you and Angel have been rough, and intense…you have every reason to feel that way.” Spike confirmed, running his fingers through her golden tresses repeatedly. The feeling was comforting for both of them.

Buffy smiled at him. “Thanks.” She tilted her head up and gave him a soft kiss on the lips, but pulled away too quick. “I’m sorry-I shouldn’t have done that- I mean we were doing so well before and then I…I’m sorry-”

Spike cut her off. “Buffy…shut up.” he smiled sexily making her blush, the leaned down at kissed her passionately, tangling his hand in her hair, and bringing her closer to him. Buffy sat up in a more comfortable position, and locked her arms around him, twirling the short curls at the base of his neck.

Spike groaned into Buffy’s mouth as she slipped her tongue in to tangle with his. Hearing this, Buffy smiled through the kiss. He moved both of his hands to her hips, and pulled her to straddle him. Buffy wiggled in his lap, making herself comfy. The two moaned in unison at the familiar sensation between them.

In seconds their clothing was shed, and Spike was carrying her into the bedroom. He lay her down gently, and then crawled up her body kissing her all the way up. Buffy’s body arched up while he was kissing along her abdomen and breasts. Staring her in the face, he smiled lovingly and tucked her hair behind her ear.

Buffy craned her neck up, and peppered kisses all along his face. Spike positioned himself at her sopping entrance and slowly slid in, moaning in pleasure at how tight and wet she was for him. Buffy’s eyes widened, and she gasped trying to catch the breath that he had stolen from her. She had remembered this feeling so well, and craved it millions of times before. Buffy let her hand roam his back, trailing her fingers up and down his spine, urging him to move within her.

Once he did, the two fell into the memorable dance; the only noise throughout the house being the symphony of moans and gasps of pleasure. Buffy never took her eyes off of Spike, and he never took his eyes off her. It was the perfect moment. The growing coil of pleasure in Buffy’s body exploded, sending her falling over the edge, with a silent cry. She arched off the bed, and clenched her muscles around Spike, causing him to speed up his thrusts, and climaxed with groan. Both were breathing hard, and Spike kissed her softly.

Spike pulled out of her, and slid down the bed some, to rest his head, on her bare stomach. He continued to pepper kisses all over her smooth belly.

“You gotta be kidding me?” Buffy looked down at him and giggled. “You tellin me that’s what I’ve been missing this whole time?” Buffy threw her head back onto the pillow, and sighed in satisfaction.

Spike chuckled, and smiled up at her. “It’s never been that good for me, Buffy. I’m still in love with you.” He stated completely serious now.

Buffy closed her eyes, and smiled at him. “I know…I still love you too. And I always will.” The realization of what just happened hit her hard. “Oh my God. Cordy…” she brought her hands up to cover her face. “I feel horrible. She’s gunna be so hurt.” Buffy whispered out.

Spike moved to lie beside her on the bed. “We’ll work this out, Buffy. I promise. I’ll talk to Cordelia. But right now it’s just us. You and me: just like it used to be.” He ghosted his hand over her body, sending tingles all over her. “Come ‘ere.” He pulled Buffy close to him, and the two fell asleep in each other’s arms.




please review! tell me what you think!