Author's Chapter Notes:
thank you guys for being so patient!!
Author's note: okay this isn't a long chapter...it's just an interlude it you will. i'm posting the next chapter after this one...sorry for the wait..i was kinda busy with some things plus i've been really sick so anyways i just wanted to catch up a little bit and give you guys another chapter after this...mmk love ya!!!!

please review!

Chapter 7: Stopping You

Buffy woke up with her head nuzzled into Spike’s upper body. She felt the slight rise and fall of his chest, and a sense of calm washed over her. Being in his arms like this felt so natural and so familiar. Things were gunna get more complicated between them, but for now it’s just them…together.

“Hey gorgeous.” Spike rumbled out, with a sleepy smile on his face. Buffy looked up at him and smiled back. Spike brushed back a strand of her hair. “I missed this.”

“Me too.” Buffy looked back down, trying to hide the pained look that crossed her face. “But it can’t happen again, Spike.” Her voice choked up, as tears accumulated in her eyes.

“Why not? It’s what we both want right? To be together…what’s stopping us?” Spike asked stroking her golden locks lovingly.

The way he was touching her was breaking her apart inside. She had wanted this for so long, and now that she had the chance to have Spike; the love of her life, to herself, she couldn’t do it. “Because of our relationships with other people.”

“I told you I’d break it off with Cordelia, and you and Angel are on a break. What relationships?”

“I’m still friends with Cordy, and you’re still friends with Angel. I’d kill her if you broke up with her for me…and Angel wouldn’t be able to forgive you for that.” Buffy silently let the tears fall, not making a move to wipe them away incase he noticed.

“So that’s it then? It was just a one-night thing? Find you’re comfort in me, and then just brush it all off, and say it can’t happen again?” Spike’s voice was filled with anger and hurt. He thought she was using him.

“No! Spike, are you kidding?” Buffy sat up, clutching the white sheet to her chest and turned to him with tears streaked cheeks. “Do you think I was just using you to make myself feel better?! I would never do that. I told you that I still loved you, Spike…and you know that I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t mean it.”

She reached over and grabbed his hand and held it in both of hers. “It hurts so much having to let you go again, and I told myself I wouldn’t put myself through that one more time. But you know that it’s only gonna make things worse this way.” Another tear made its way down her cheek, and Spike quickly reached up and wiped it away gently.

Spike sighed, and then looked deeply into her eyes, making sure that he had her attention. “I’m not letting you go this time, Buffy. I let you walk away before…but this time I’m stopping you. I’m not gonna let you end this.” Spike concluded, firmly but yet in a gentle tone.

Buffy sighed, and ran her hand through her hair. “Well, there’s a lot that we need to work out before we make this official.” She glanced up at him and smiled.

Spike smiled back and tackled her to the bed, peppering kisses all over her face, and neck. He growled against her neck, making her giggle, and squirm in his arms.

The two spent the rest of the night in each others arms. Spike could do nothing but stare at the beautiful woman nuzzling in his chest. He couldn't believe it. After all this time; after everything that happened between them and their relationships with other people, he finally had her.

Spike smiled, and stroked her hair softly.

"Spike?" he heard her say.

"Yeah, luv?"

"Please don't leave me." Her voice sounded so weak and sad. It made his heart hurt.

Spike lifted her chin, making her look up at him. "Buffy...I'll never leave you." his tone proved he was sincere and the look in his eyes eased her mind.

"Do you promise?" Buffy asked, letting her fingers walk along his chest.

"I promise. You mean the world to me. After everything, you're still my light." Spike ran his fingers through Buffy's golden locks.

A big smile lit up her face and she kissed him softly on the lips before snuggling into him more.

* * * * *

For the next few days, Spike and Buffy spent every chance that they could together. He had broken up with Cordelia the evening after their night together. She was pretty much okay with it, saying that she knew that something like this would happen eventually. She cried, and told him she hoped he’d be happy with Buffy.

She promised him that he’d have to get a doctor to surgically remove his head from his ass if he ever hurt her. A big smile lit up her face, as she hugged him goodbye. She said she would be staying with a friend, and she’d be moving her things out the following day.

She knew Buffy and Angel were on the outs for a while, and figured that Buffy ended things for sure. Angel had told her that he was going to be staying in a hotel for the time being if she ever needed to contact him.

The two sat in front of each other on the rumpled sheets and comforter of the bed; Buffy clothed in nothing but a black baggy t-shirt that fell just above her knees, and Spike in his black jeans, undone.

They had just ordered a pizza, neither wanting to cook dinner after a long exhausting time in bed. When there was a knock at the door. Buffy squealed and jumped up, running to the door to answer it.

Yanking the door open, the huge smile on her face, dropped and she stood motionless.

“Hi Buffy.” A deep voice answered on the other side.




oooooh cliffhanger.....well not really all you have to do is go to the next chapter soo