The next morning started out as deliciously naughty as the day before, but with one twist. This time, as the sun crept into the bedroom to light the room in a hazy golden glow, it was Spike who naughtily explored the nude body of a slumbering Buffy, instead of the other way around. Tousled bleach blonde hair poked out from beneath the rumpled sheets as he rousted her from her sleep by licking, teasing and yes, even sometimes nibbling, the sensitive area between her thighs; slowly yet surely waking her to the point that she screamed out his name with her hands fisted in the sheets. By the time she released her hold on the bedding and faced the morning with sleepy eyes and a satisfied grin plastered on her face, Spike had already buried himself deep inside of her and was well on his way to ripping another scream from her as her body shook with pleasure around him.

Eventually, and quite regretfully, they had to untangle themselves from one another and the twisted bedding and satiate another type of hunger; that of the stomach and less of the desire they had for another. While Buffy cleaned herself up in the opulent bathroom that adjoined the master suite, Spike settled for letting the smell of her cling to his skin and headed downstairs to whip up something for them to eat. By the time she made her way to the black and white kitchen that sparkled in the mid-day sun that streamed in through massive floor to ceiling windows that overlooked the ocean, he had breakfast made for them, regardless of the fact that it was closer to lunch than morning. With plates heaping with scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruit and buttered toast, Spike settled them both at the glass kitchen table where a ravenous Buffy polished off the food faster than he thought a woman of her size could manage.

“You still hungry, pet?” Spike asked after swallowing a forkful of eggs and washing them down with a sip of black coffee. “Could make you more if you'd like. Gonna need the energy this afternoon.”

“Oh, really?” Buffy asked with a smirk as she polished off her glass of orange juice. “And here I thought you might be tired after this morning.”

“Don't worry, I'll still have enough in me for another round or two tonight, but that's not what I've got planned for you after we eat.” Spike chuckled at the confusion in Buffy's gaze as he popped a strawberry half into his mouth. “Part of my job is making sure my clients can take care of themselves when my contract runs out, unless they plan on hiring another firm full time. I'm the short term man, in and out once the immediate threat is neutralized. Today's your first lesson, pet.”

The look on Buffy's face was enough to have him reconsidering his contractual obligations, at least as far as the self defense training was concerned. Petite, but not overly physically fit, Buffy had maintained the same figure she'd had in high school with a demanding schedule, the occasional dance fitness video and little to eat on most days, which was nowhere near the training schedule that Spike normally had; the one that had fallen slap to pieces once he had taken on the task of her personal safety and one that he fully intended to get back on track immediately,

Grumbling at her muttered curse, he washed down the last of his coffee and said, “Not to worry, pet. Don't plan on wearing you out so bad that I can't have my way with you afterwards.”

“How about you have your way with me now? That's cardio, right? Surely that counts as cardio,” Buffy asked, tempting him to pass on the gym time and caveman style carry her upstairs to take her up on the offer. “And, maybe yoga, because stretching. Sex is a full on workout, you know?”

Holding firm to his resolve to get back into the gym and fulfill all of his contractual obligations, Spike placed the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and instead, caveman style carried Buffy towards the gym in the lower level of the Malibu home. Although Cordelia's family rarely spent much time outside of the occasional vacation at the expensive residence, they had spared no expense in filling every room with top of the line furniture, decorations and amenities, including top of the line gym equipment. As the lights flickered on overhead, Spike carefully eased Buffy down from where she dangled over his shoulder and visually took in what the mirrored room had to offer. Mentally forming a fitness plan, he decided to start her out slowly and motioned her towards a section of the room that was large enough for the two of them to work through a series of stretches to warm up before having her do a circuit of light weights that focused on upper body strength and finally leading her towards a treadmill for the last portion of their workout, focusing on several intervals of medium paced jogging, before slowing her pace for a cool down.

“One last thing,” Spike said as he placed the light weights she had used back on to the stands and chuckled at the pained groan that Buffy elicited as she sank down onto the floor. Walking over to her, he held out a hand and said, “You're done for the day, pet. I promise. Just gonna put you in the hot tub for a bit while I do my own workout. It'll help keep you from hurting too bad tomorrow.”

“Now that is definitely Buffy approved,” she said, still breathless from her workout, as she allowed him to pull her up from the floor. Once she was on her feet, she eyeballed him and said, “You're evil, by the way. That was way harder than I expected it to be. I fully intend on kicking your sexy ass when I regain feeling in my arms and the rest of my body doesn't feel like it's been beaten with a baseball bat.”

“Not that your threat doesn't strike fear in my heart, but I do promise to kiss every inch of that aching body later, if that helps you feel any better,” Spike said as he helped strip the clothes from her sweaty body; punctuating his promise with an early preview as he kissed along the curve of her neck. “Unless you're gonna be too mad at me for that.”

Glancing at him from the corner of her eye, Spike saw the heat in her gaze flare up at the thought of having him kiss every square inch of her body. “I think concessions could be made,” she murmured as he slid his hands down her body to remove her shorts. “Yes, yes, I think we could definitely come to some type of agreement.”

“Do you have any idea how sexy you are?” Spike asked softly, as he stared at her reflection in the multitude of mirrors in the room; her naked skin tanned and sweaty beneath his hands as they traveled over her body and left it in a wake of goosebumps. Dipping his head down, he pressed a kiss to her shoulder and trailed his affection up the curve of her neck to whisper in her ear, “You got any clue how much I want you?”

No doubt she could tell how attracted he was to her physically, as the evidence of that desire was pressing against her back, eager to bury itself inside her tight little body once more. But, what she did not know what how much he wanted her to be his and just his. How much he wanted her to love him, to want him, to need him as much as he had come to want all those things from her? The thought of laying his heart out in the open to her was terrifying, as the last time he had done so had left him broken and just the thought of going through that misery again was almost too painful to risk again. But, what he could do was show her how much he needed her, how much he wanted her, how much he cared for her, and how much his body desired her. Shivering at the thought of burying himself inside her body once more, Spike trailed a hand down her body to settle at the juncture of her thighs, teasing the light brown curls that ever so gently hid the sweet nub that his fingers sought out.

“Spike, I'm all sweaty,” Buffy breathed, protesting but not so much so that he even remotely paused his exploration with his fingers.

Licking along the curve of her neck, Spike grinned evilly at her in the mirror and said, “Nice and salty, love.” Grabbing her hips, he guided her towards the nearest wall of mirrors, grabbed her hands and pressed the palms against the cool reflective surface. “You're gonna be even sweatier when I'm finished with you. No point in showering just yet.”

Removing his hands from hers with strict orders not to move them away from the mirror, Spike shoved down the elastic waistband of the black jogging pants he had donned for the workout and pulled out his more than eager dick before catching Buffy's heated, curious gaze staring back at him in the mirror. With one hand on her hip, he nudged himself into her from behind, earning a low moan of pleasure from Buffy's throat as he worked himself inside of her wet, tight body. To hell with his workout, Spike thought as he dug his fingers into her hips as he fucked her against the mirror. Buffy was right after all, sex surely counted as a thorough fitness program.

As Buffy came apart in a boisterous scream of pleasure, quaking in his arms and around his dick, Spike followed her right over the edge half a second before they both slithered to the ground to lay in a satisfied heap as they both fought to catch their breath and calm their rapidly beating hearts. Naked in all her sweaty glory, Spike relished the sight of Buffy laying on the ground beside him and fought back the words that were eagerly trying to escape his heart and he leaned close enough to press a kiss to her lips, before those three words that were on the tip of his tongue slipped out. With a smile he said, “Now you can get that shower, pet.”

Finding worry in her green gaze instead of that happy, satisfied glow she'd had when she looked at him in the mirror, he asked, “What's wrong?”

“It's nothing,” Buffy replied with absolutely zero conviction in her words. When he simply glared at her with one eyebrow cocked disbelievingly she sat up, crawled as gracefully as someone could without clothes on to grab her fallen shirt and added as she slipped it over her head, “It's just that I'm all with the nakedness and you're not.”

“That easy enough to remedy,” Spike replied as he toed off his sneakers and lifted his hips high enough off the floor to slide off his pants. When the sight of him fully nude didn't make the disconcerting glimmer disappear from her eyes, he rolled over on to his side and propped his head up on his hand, “Seriously, love, what's wrong?”

“It's just, I was wondering if maybe, you know,” Buffy stammered while she struggled to not only find her words but avoid his gaze by looking anywhere else in the room but at him. With a deep breath, she found what she was struggling to say and blurted out, “Do you do this with all the women you work for?”

Suddenly wishing he had not chucked his pants, feeling far too exposed for such a serious conversation, Spike fought off the urge to take the time to fully dress himself and just got straight to the answer. “No, I don't. Not all of them. There's been a few, sure, but it's not something I make a habit of doing. Does that bother you? That there's been others?”

“A little, honestly,” she answered after a beat of uncomfortable silence. “I get it though, I mean have you looked at you? I can see why women would want to jump into bed with you. It's just that, well, I'm not all that comfortable with the arrangement, I guess? I mean, I don't know all that much about you and you basically work for me and all. It's just a little weird and makes me feel a little like Slutty Buffy and all.”

“I don't have to work for you, love.” Spike sat up and grabbed hold of his pants, standing up long enough to slide them on before sitting back down beside Buffy, who was looking at him like he had just left her standing at the alter alone. “Not what you're thinking. It's just I don't have to work for you, we can toss out the contract and you can fire me. I'll still be here, still keep you safe. I don't need the money.”

And that was true, he had more than enough money to support himself without actually working for Buffy. Hell, there was enough work he could do via telephone and computer to keep himself financially employed without leaving the house if he so chose. Reaching out, he took hold of her ankles and eased her close enough so that her legs were straddling his; close enough to be near him without actually being in his lap. “Now that that's settled, what would you like to know? Ask away.”

“Well, um, I guess we could start with your actual name? I mean, I know your last name is Worthington, because of the paychecks, but it's made out to Worthington Security and all, but I'm guessing your mom didn't name you Spike?” Buffy asked, the worry in her gaze lessened now that they got the whole issue of her being his employer out of the way. “I guess she could have, I mean, it's not like my name is all that common and all, but is it?”

“Love, the man associated with my given name no longer exists, therefore it's irrelevant, right?” Spike all but ground out the words and realized how harsh it sounded when Buffy visibly flinched at the anger in his voice. Apologizing, he said, “I'm sorry, didn't mean for that to come out so harshly, but it's not who I am now. But, if it's so important to you, it's William.”

“William,” Buffy murmured softly, as though tasting the sound of his given name on her lips; a name that he had no intention of going by ever again, but he let her say it without correcting her. “I like it. Thank you for telling me. I, um, I guess you're not ready to tell me why you aren't William anymore, so we'll save that for another day.” Leaning forward, she captured his lips in a kiss that had his cock twitching with excitement once more and Spike wondered when the day would come that his body would not light up from even the simplest bit of attention from her, but she pulled her lips away before he could take advantage of the desire coursing through his veins. Standing up, Buffy held out her hand to him and said, “Now, how about that shower?”