Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this one took a bit to get out, there was a computer/operater error and I lost this entire chapter and had to rewrite it! Funny story though, went to cut and paste this new chappie and accidentally pasted it into the radio log at my JOB!

Thankfully, only the first paragraph was pasted and the naughty bits at the end weren't. Still, my hands shake and my face is red with embarassment.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this update...it took alot to get it out!

Thanks for all the review!
**Much apologies for any confusion this chapter ended up causing with Rileys' choice of cars. As you read earlier, there was a lot of computer type issues before posting and apparently a couple of lines got misplaced. They have been corrected now. Also, FYI this story is not beta read and with me being just a human...I tend to make mistakes. So very sorry!*


The sun had begun to set by the time everyone decided to call it quits for the evening; promising to meet the next night for a celebratory drink the next night at Caritas. Buffy made her way downstairs to the lobby in search of Spike. She found him leaning against the same railing that Faith had been perched on earlier; a cigarette dangling between his fingers. She watched as he took one last drag, tapped it out against the railing and tossed it into the nearest garbage can.

As Buffy approached Spike, she had a fleeting thought about how she would have never thought she would ever think that a man smoking would be an attractive sight. He smiled when he noticed her coming through the doors and her heart skipped a beat; butterflies took flight deep in her stomach.

Finally in his arms, Buffy rested her head against his chest and inhaled deeply; ingraining his scent permanently into her memory. Smoke, leather and cologne firmly placed at the top of her favorite smells. Tilting her head up to gaze into his beautiful blue eyes, she stood on her tiptoes to brush a feather light kiss across his lips.

“What was that for, pet?” Spike asked softly, his voice barely above a whisper. Reaching up, he brushed a fallen tendril out of her eyes and tucked it behind her ear.

“Just because.” Was her only response as he leaned back down for another kiss; this one more intense than the first. When they finally broke apart, both panting deeply for air, Buffy wrapped her hand in his and headed towards the car.

Spike opened the passenger side door for Buffy, sweeping his arm across his torso motioning for her to get in. “Your chariot, Madame.” As Buffy slid across the black leather seat, giggling at Spike’s antics, he was busy scanning the area. The hairs on the back of his neck were at full alert; his senses screaming that something wasn’t right. His eyes came to rest on a large red truck parked in a vacant lot across the street. Squinting his eyes, Spike was able to tell that there was at least one person sitting inside the trucks cab, also the motor was running. Spike quickly shut the door and walked around to the drivers side to get in.

Keeping one eye on the rearview mirror, Spike pulled out of the parking lot. Sure enough, the four wheel drive truck followed behind them at a slow enough speed that they were a couple of car lengths ahead of whoever was driving the bright red vehicle. Glancing over at Buffy, he asked, “Pet, doesn’t your ex drive a sports car…a Corvette, right?” When he saw Buffy nod her head, he continued, "Does he have any other cars?"

“He has a truck, doesn't drive it much though. Apparently it isn't quite up to his standards since he's famous. He ran right out and bought the first flashy car he could find after getting signed for that one really big movie he did. I think it was just before our first date…why?” Buffy finally turned in her seat so that she was facing Spike; noticing that he kept checking the rear view mirror.

“Would you be able to recognize it?” He glanced towards Buffy, sensing her apprehension. When she nodded her head slowly, telling him silently that she could differentiate between Riley’s truck and someone else, Spike said, “Well then, take a look behind us and see if the truck behind us is his.”

Turning around in her seat, Buffy perched on her knees and placed her arms on the headrest. There was a sharp intake of breath as she gasped, “That’s him,” was the only response she gave Spike. When she settled back down in her seat, he noticed that her skin had paled considerably. “But…the restraining order said…said he was supposed to stay away from me.”

Spike reached out and took one of her hands into his, hating the way they shook uncontrollably and wishing there was something he could do. “All that bloody useless piece of paper says is that he has to stay a certain amount of feet away from you, your house or place of business. Have to give the sodding wanker credit, he is on a public roadway and has a right to be there. As of right now, he is doing nothing wrong in the eyes of the law. However, I bet he’s hoping he can just follow us to where ever you have been hiding out, but I have another plan.”

“What are you going to do?” She asked, trying to control the waver in her voice; not wanting to let the unshed tears in her eyes spill. Spike tightened his grip on her hand and said, reassuringly, “My flat isn’t too far from here. We can stay there for the night if that’s all right with you.” Buffy smiled lightly, the shine never reaching her eyes, and nodded in agreement. Spike thought he heard her mutter, “Fine.”

A short while later they pulled up to a massive apartment building, stopping at the guard’s station for admittance. A tall, lean middle aged man approached the driver’s side and said, “Mr. Worthington! What a surprise, I thought you were out of the country!”

“Hello, Ethan…afraid there has been a slight change of plans.” Spike quickly filled the security guard in on what had been going on over the past several months. “Oh, where are my manners…Ethan Rayne, this is Buffy Summers, my…um…girlfriend.”

Buffy smiled at the question and doubt in his voice as he defined their relationship. Leaning across the front seat, she peered out the window to say hello, but was interrupted by the sound of the guard’s voice.

“No need to tell me who this young lady is, Spike! My son is quite infatuated with Ms. Summers and her band. In fact, I dare to say that there isn’t a section of his walls that aren’t covered with her picture!” Mr. Rayne took the tiny hand that was offered to him and shook it enthusiastically.

Buffy blushed and stammered, not use to being praised by fans or anyone else for that matter. “Oh…um…nice to meet you, Mr. Rayne.” She finally managed to squeak out. “What is your son’s name? I’ll autograph a picture for him!” She settled back into her seat and scrawled the boy’s name on a piece of paper in her purse. Spike said goodnight to the guard, who promised to call if anything came up regarding Riley.

Spike drove around up a few levels in the parking garage, finally stopping just before they reached the very top level. After parking, he led her across the garage and into the elevator, where he took out a special key and typed in the appropriate location for them to start moving. A few moments later, the doors opened into a private foyer. Spike took Buffy’s hand and led her into his apartment. She stood in the doorway, slack jawed, as she took in her surroundings.

The outer walls were actually floor to ceiling windows with thick crimson drapes pushed to the corners, plush cream colored carpet and shiny marble made up the floor in the living room. Sleek black leather and chrome furniture, glass tables and a massive flat screened television decorated the massive area. Any other open space was filled with rows and rows of books.

Spike chuckled as he watched Buffy gawk at his apartment; pulling her out of the doorway and into the living room. “You know, luv…there is a whole lot more to my place than just the living room.”

“I’m sorry…really…it’s just so…so…breathtaking. The view and…well…everything.” She whispered, still admiring the sight before her.

“Come on, I’ll give you the full tour.” He said, not bothering to hide the laughter in his voice.

Buffy obediently followed along behind Spike as he led her into the kitchen, which boasted shiny chrome appliances, a large glass table with black chairs and a black and white floor which appeared to swirl beneath their feet. After she had sufficiently oohed and aahed over the kitchen, Spike proceeded to escort her through the remaining rooms on that end of the apartment; the guest room, two bathrooms, a small gym and a balcony.

“So, where’s the master bedroom?” Buffy asked a hint of naughtiness in her voice. “Figured that would be the first place you would have taken me.”

“Oi! I’m not a complete wanker!” He replied incredulously, pretending to be shocked by her comment. “My mum raised me right, I’ll have you know. Of course, that doesn’t mean I don’t plan on taking advantage of you now.” Letting go of her hand, Spike swept Buffy off her feet and carried her down another hallway and into another breathtaking room.

While the rest of the place was almost cold, the bedroom was warm and inviting. Dark midnight blue paint covered the walls, the same deep crimson drapes hung across the massive windows and cherry wood furniture decorated the room. In the center was a four poster wood bed with a crimson comforter and cream silk sheets. Various artworks lined the walls and a cream colored chaise lounge was parked in front of the windows.

Spike marched directly to the bed and ceremoniously tossed Buffy on top, growling as he crawled up her body like a panther. His eyes darkened with lust as he pushed her shirt up, exposing her stomach to his touch. Darting his tongue out, Spike slowly traced the area from the waistband of her jeans all the way to the delicate lace of her bra; effectively sending goose bumps across her skin.

Buffy couldn’t wait any longer; she ached to feel his skin against hers. In one swift movement, she pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it on the floor. “Mmm…much better.” She whispered hotly against his chest. Her core throbbed with intensity, growing wetter as he growled and moaned as she nibbled on his hardened nipples. Even though they had had sex earlier that morning, Buffy writhed beneath him and begged for him to take her.

Spike slid off the bed to stand between her legs so that he could remove her pants and underwear. Once he had the offending clothing off her body and Buffy was spread out before him, evidence of her desire sparkling on her pussy, Spike quickly removed his boots and pants; tossing them onto floor with Buffy’s. Crawling back onto the bed, up her glorious body, Spike nestled himself between her thighs; his cock gently probing at her heated entrance.

Buffy cried out in ecstasy when Spike pushed his way inside and wrapped her legs around his hips so that he could fill her completely. Blue eyes locked into green and there was a mutual understanding that this time was to be fast, no romantic pretense…no need for anything other than to quell the building desire in both of them.

The sharp, stinging sound of flesh slapping against flesh filled the room; their cries and moans of passion echoing off the walls. In a matter of minutes, Buffy’s wild scream of release as her orgasm ripped through her sent Spike spiraling over the edge, loudly.

Intimately joined, they laid there until their heartbeats slowed and breathing returned to normal. Spike’s head was buried in her neck; he placed several light kisses along the vein that pulsated beneath the golden skin. “Fancy a shower, pet?”