Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this chapter took so long to get out, but my muse has been highly unmotivated. Also, I apologize for any confusion on the last chapter about Riley's car. I went back and fixed the problem and explained what happened if anyone wants to go back and reread it.

Thanks for all of the wonderful reviews! This chapter had to be cut short, because it was going to be too long. The other part will be put out sometime before Wed. Thanks again!
Spike chuckled lightly as he watched Buffy scrunch her nose and whimper in her sleep. For the past several minutes, he had been brushing a small lock of her hair across the tip of her button nose; trying to gently lull Buffy out of her deep sleep. He had learned early on in their relationship that if she was awakened before she was ready usually produced a very grumpy-Buffy. Reaching out, he lightly flicked the bundle of hair across her nose again.

“I suggest you stop unless you want me to kick your ass.” Buffy muttered as she buried her face into the pillow. When she heard Spike snickering at her comment, Buffy continued with, “Stupid bleached pain in my ass,” which only led to more intense laughter from his side of the bed. Lifting her head up, Buffy glared at him with as much irritation she could muster. However, one look into his bright blue eyes and she caved; melting right there on the spot. So, she opted for the mature route and stuck her tongue out.

Spike pulled her close and gathered Buffy into his arms, placing a small kiss to her forehead before saying, “Don’t be mad at me for waking you up, kitten.” He smiled at her response, which could only be described as a growl. “I’ll make it up to you later, promise.”

“Hmph…why did you wake me up anyway? It’s way too early to get up.” Buffy asked, poking her bottom lip out in her classic pout.

“Look at that lip, gonna get it.” Spike whispered, huskily, as he dipped his head to capture Buffy’s protruding bottom lip gently between his lips; nibbling it with his teeth. His concentration was lost when Buffy’s arms wrapped around his neck and she whimpered into his mouth. Pushing Buffy back against the pillows, Spike nudged her legs apart and settled himself between them. He had just begun rubbing his hardening erection against her center when Buffy loosened her grip, stopped kissing him and said, “So not fair! I asked you a question. You can’t just distract me with kisses and get away with it, Mister!”

“You, my pet, are impossible.” Spike groaned, rolling off of Buffy and sighing. “What was the question anyway? I forgot.”

“Um…something to do with…” Buffy paused, not wanting to admit that she didn’t really remember either. After a brief moment, she smiled and said, “…waking me up early.”

“Ah, right. Seeing that it’s almost lunch, I don’t really think it’s all that early, luv.” Spike replied; smirking when Buffy’s mouth dropped open with surprise. “So, sleepyhead, if you have any intentions of going out tonight we had better make our way back to the house so that I can torture you in the gym for a bit beforehand.” Spike rolled off the bed and extended his hand to Buffy.

Buffy crawled out of bed and brushed a kiss across Spike’s lips before heading to the bathroom, not caring in the least that she was totally nude. When she reached the doorway, she paused briefly to glance back at Spike who was too busy ogling her backside to notice that she was watching him. Feeling a bit naughty, Buffy wiggled her ass before closing the door. She giggled when she heard a short string of expletives come from the bedroom, followed by Spike muttering about her being the death of him sooner or later.

Buffy decided to forgo her usual morning shower since she was just going to be sweaty again from the workout; settling for swishing some minty mouthwash around in her mouth and washing her face. When she returned to the bedroom, she found no trace of Spike and her clothes from the previous day laid out for her on the bed.

After dressing, she wandered out of the bedroom and into the hallway where she spotted another door she did not notice yesterday. Unlike the rest of the rooms in the apartment, this one was closed and her curiosity was getting the better of her. ‘Hmm….wonder what’s in there?’ Her hand was hovering in mid air as she pondered whether or not to open the door when Spike’s voice came out of nowhere and startled her. Jumping back quickly, Buffy looked around with a guilty expression on her face. “Oh…um…I was just looking around.” She spat out, trying to justify her obvious snooping.

“It’s all right, pet.” Spike assured Buffy, smiling at her nervousness. He momentarily wondered if there was anything that she could do that he would not find cute or attractive in any way. “That’s just my office.” Brushing past her, Spike opened the door and motioned for her to go inside; totally ignoring the voice in his head that told him that this was the only room that still had pictures of Dru hanging around.

Spike stood in the doorway, leaning casually against the frame as he watched Buffy tour the room. This was the only room he hadn’t gotten around to redecorating when Drusillla moved out. Glancing around the office, he took in the large antique desk she had bought him for his birthday one year, his father’s worn in brown leather desk chair and the piano his mother had left him. He was amazed when he saw Buffy bypass the row of framed pictures that adorned a shelf on the wall and head straight to the piano with a look of excitement on her face.

“It’s so beautiful!” She exclaimed as she eased down onto the seat. “Never would have pegged you as being someone who played the piano.”

“I’m not. It belonged to my mother. She tried and tried to get me to learn, but never succeeded in keeping my attention long enough to learn.” Spike crossed the room and slid onto the bench next to Buffy. “Do you play?”

“Haven’t in a long time, but I figure it’s like riding a bicycle. My mom took her piano with them and I never got around to buying one for myself.” Buffy flipped open the cover to the keys and lovingly ran her fingertips across the sparkling ivory. Cocking her head questioningly, she asked, “Do you mind?” Her smile grew wider as Spike nodded his head and said, “By all means, let’s see what you’ve got, pet.”

It didn’t take too long for Buffy to realize that not only was she rusty, the piano was in dire need of tuning. After a feeble attempt at playing Moonlight Sonata, she gave up with the promise that next time she would do better. Spike instantly made her feel better when he stated that it was all his fault because the piano needed some maintenance that he had neglected to have done lately. Placing a chaste kiss to her lips, Spike announced that it was time to go.

As they were exiting the room, Spike held his breath as Buffy finally stopped to examine the row of pictures on the shelf. He felt bad for not removing them earlier and thought that their presence might upset Buffy. He watched in silence as she traced her finger around the edge of one of the black and white photos; his favorite, actually, which had been taken on one of Drusilla’s more lucid days while they were at the beach.

Buffy slid her tiny hand inside Spike’s, tilted her head slightly to look up at him and said, “She’s beautiful.”

Wrapping his arms around Buffy, Spike kissed her forehead before saying, “Doesn’t hold a candle to you.” For a brief moment, he considered saying those three words that were on the tip of his tongue, but held back at the last minute; afraid of what Buffy might say. Instead, he swiped a kiss across her lips before tugging her from the room and announcing; “Now we really need to go, pet!”

Once they were in the parking garage, Buffy looked around nervously and said, “But what if Riley is still waiting for us? He already knows your car, so he could just follow us home.”

“Do you honestly think I only own one car, kitten?” Spike snickered and pulled her across the lot towards a row of cars and stopping in front of several sports cars. “The DeSoto just happens to be my favorite!” Walking around the side of a sleek crimson colored Porsche and opened the door for Buffy, motioning for her to climb in. After he was settled into the driver’s seat and announced, “Buckle up!”

They pulled into the driveway of the beach house in record time. Buffy was clenching the seatbelt tightly as she willed her heart to stop beating so wildly. Once they came to a complete stop, she threw the door open and jumped out.

“Thank heavens!” She gasped, flinging her arms up in cheer. “I didn’t think we would make it, Speed Demon! Hmph…and everyone claims that I am the bad driver.” She heard Spike chuckle behind her as she unlocked the front door.

“Pet, I drive fast…you, on the other hand, drive like a drunken maniac. There is no comparison.” Spike stated as he followed her into the house. His laugh deepened when Buffy turned around and childishly stuck her tongue out at him for the second time in one day.


As always, hope you enjoyed and feel free to review!