*A/N* Muse showed up...enjoy.

Buffy was in deep concentration as she stood in the middle of the walk in closet trying to find something to wear when Spike startled her by wrapping his arms around her waist. Shrieking with surprise, Buffy squirmed and tried to turn around to face Spike.

He tightened his hold and whispered in her ear, “Not so fast, luv. Enjoying myself back here.” Spike traced his hands down her bare sides, coming to rest on the swell of her hips. “Noticed you seem to be having a bit of trouble deciding what to wear.”

“Yeah, there are just too many choices. I wonder how dressy everyone else is gonna be.” Buffy leaned back into his embrace, closing her eyes and sighing with pleasure as Spike lovingly caressed her skin. A soft moan escaped her lips when his hand dipped below the waistband of her black lace thong and he began lightly stroking the sensitive flesh between her thighs.

“I have an idea of what you shouldn’t wear tonight.” Spike informed her as slipped the offending undergarment down Buffy’s legs. “Hmm…maybe you shouldn’t wear the bra either.” With a flick of his wrist, he had the matching lace bra tossed to the floor next to the underwear.

“Oh really, so am I just supposed to wander around naked in public tonight?” Buffy asked with a laugh. Finally, she was able to turn around to face Spike and she wound her arms around his neck.

“As much as I would like having you starkers all night long, I don’t want anyone else seeing you that way!” Spike leaned down to nip at Buffy’s neck. Sliding his hand down between their bodies, Spike teased her clit; eliciting a sensuous groan and a buck of her hips. He could feel the intense heat emanating from her center; droplets of moisture pooled around the delicate lips just below his hand. He groaned, feeling his cock harden with desire. For a moment, Spike considered taking her right there in the middle of her closet; damning all other plans for the evening. However, the tiny shred of sanity left in his mind told him that tonight was special for Buffy and her friends, and that missing the celebration would not be a good thing to do. Reluctantly, Spike pulled his hand away from between Buffy’s quivering thighs and stepped back.

Buffy steadied herself after almost falling over when Spike released his hold on her. Opening her eyes, Buffy glared at him and said, “What the hell…why’d you stop?”

Instantly regretting his decision, Spike pulled Buffy back into his arms and dipped his head down to lick the edge of her ear. “Got you warmed up…thought we could finish what we started last time we were at Caritas.” He lightly bit down on Buffy’s earlobe, then pulling it into his mouth to suckle on the soft flesh; causing Buffy to shiver in delight in his arms. “As a matter of fact, kitten…I think you should find that sexy lil’ red number you were wearing that night.” Spike once again released his hold on Buffy and turned to leave the closet, leaving her to get dressed. “Oh…and pet?! Leave the knickers off.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A short while later Spike led Buffy into the darkened bar. As per Spike’s request, Buffy was wearing the red strapless dress, sans “kinkers”. Spotting their group at a large table near the stage, Spike took Buffy’s hand and navigated them through the crowd. Upon their arrival at the table the occupants erupted in a chorus of greetings, all sounding a bit intoxicated.

“It’s about time you guys decided to show up. What took you so long?” Xander barked from the opposite side of the table. When he noticed the red tinge creeping up Buffy’s neck, he decided not to continue with the interrogation. Instead, his girlfriend, Anya, announced her observation, “It’s obvious they are late because he was giving her orgasms.”

Buffy’s embarrassment intensified as Xander groaned at Anya’s bluntness. “Ahn, what have we talked about?” The petite blonde’s only response was to shrug her shoulders and take a sip of the brightly colored cocktail in front of her.

After Buffy and Spike had taken their seats, Lorne came rushing over with a huge grin on his face. “I am so glad you guys finally got here! I have been bursting at the seams holding in some fantastic news!” He paused to wait for the servers to pass out flutes of champagne. “I got a phone call this morning and you guys have been nominated for Best Rock Band!”


~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A couple hours and numerous bottles of champagne later, the entire group was shnockered. Buffy glanced giddily around the table at her friends; happy to be spending time with them. Everyone was there, the band, Angel and Cordy, Wesley and Fred, Gunn, as well as Willow and Tara.

Buffy was reaching across the table trying to reach the nearest bottle of champagne when she felt Spike’s hand on her thigh. Glancing to her left, she was confronted by his mischievous smile as his hand edged underneath the hem of her dress. When the tip of his finger made contact with her clit, something between a sigh and a groan slipped past her lips. Her eyes went wide as she nervously scanned the table to see if anyone had noticed; thankfully everyone was occupied watching Faith do a row of tequila shots. She felt his breath on her skin before he spoke.

“Meet me in the bathroom.” Spike ordered, his voice deepened with desire. “Wait a couple of minutes and get up like nothing’s going on.” With a final flick of his wrist against her heated core, he was gone.

Like a good little girl, she waited patiently as she downed another glass of champagne. Acting very nonchalant, Buffy slid her seat back and headed towards the bathrooms at the back of the bar. She was just passing the crowded bar when a meaty hand circled her arm, pulling her to a stop.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spike waited and waited, then waited some more until his patience ran out. Yanking open the bathroom door, he stomped out into the club in search of Buffy. After a quick peek towards their table, he found that she wasn’t there. He scanned further, his gaze stopping and bleeding red with fury as it landed on her back.

‘How the fucking hell did Riley get in here?!’ Spike muttered angrily to himself as he tore through the crowd. His temper was boiling, not only at Riley for showing up but because someone let him in with full knowledge of Buffy being here. He was almost to her side when he saw her trying to pull away from Riley’s grasp, her voice pleading with him to let go.

“I believe the lady asked nicely for you to leave her alone.” Spike said with an eerily calm voice. Riley barely glanced at Spike, a sneer marring his face.

“She’s not a lady; nothing but a whore.” Riley replied, tightening his grip on Buffy’s arm to the point she was whimpering. “Why don’t you just leave us alone, huh? I’ll give her back later.”

The last of his sanity snapped. In one swift movement, Spike launched his attack. Startled, Riley released his hold on Buffy with a shove, sending her sprawling across the floor. Although Spike was significantly smaller in stature to Riley, he was fueled by rage and skilled in various styles of fighting. He landed a direct blow to the actor’s nose, breaking it in one punch; blood poured down his face, dripping onto his clothes. As Riley staggered backwards, Spike tackled him. They fell like redwoods, landing on the floor with matching grunts. Spike pulled himself up and straddled Riley at the waist. The fallen actor never had a chance, Spike landed blow after blow to his face until it was swollen and bloody.

Buffy crawled across the floor to Spike. She called his name several times, pleading with him, trying to get him to stop. Finally close enough, Buffy grabbed hold of his arm and pulled. He turned on her, his blue eyes cold as ice; filled with animalistic rage; his arm cocked back, prepared for attack. Out of instinct, Buffy flinched at the sight; her eyes filled with fear and shiny with tears.