Author's Chapter Notes:
**Lyrics are from Everybody's Fool by Evanessence-Not mine nor do I profit from them.**
The next week passed quickly and with its official end, Buffy’s nerves tripled and the butterflies in her stomach grew to the size of condors. The night of their first performance together was finally upon them and Buffy had long since resorted to pacing nervously in the dressing room, torn between the ideas of passing out, puking or bailing altogether. On what had to be her one hundredth rotation around the small and dimly lit dressing room, Buffy caught sight of herself in the cracked mirror that hung on the back of the door.

Momentarily pausing her anxious pacing, Buffy glanced at herself in the mirror one final time and still didn’t recognize the reflection staring back at her. Somehow Faith had managed to make her look like a wanton sex goddess instead of her boring old self. According to Faith, the normal ‘Goody Two-Shoes’ Buffy had no place on the stage at the Bronze, or in the music business at all, and had promptly dragged her to the mall to rectify the atrocity known as her personal wardrobe.

While the entire shopping excursion had been a painful experience for the both of them, both she and Faith had somehow managed to not only survive, but locate what Faith had declared the ‘prefect outfit’. Never in a million years would she have ever chosen the outfit she was currently wearing, but being the forever pushover that she was, Buffy had relented and purchased the ensemble. Although there would never be an occasion for her to wear it outside of a band performance, Buffy had to admit that the black vinyl pants and slinky red halter top fit her figure so well that they appeared to have been tailored specifically for her body. She teetered slightly on the ridiculously tall black spiked heels as she angled herself in the mirror to check out each angle and decided that the outfit, combined with her teased blonde locks and smoky eye shadow, passed the test. While she looked nothing like her normal self, Buffy decided that it was nice to be able to hide behind the new persona; although that thought didn’t do a thing to help calm her nerves. In the reflection of the mirror, she spied the bottle of tequila that Lorne had brought by earlier and smiled.

Nerves? That’s nothing a few shots of high dollar tequila couldn’t take care of.

Slightly buzzed, but with significantly less rattled nerves, Buffy stood off to the side of the stage and peeked around the curtain to peer in to the crowd; mesmerized by the swarm of bodies. The sound of the announcers deep voice calling their name caught her attention and Buffy turned to fall in line behind Oz as they made their way up on to the stage, all the while saying a silent prayer that everything run smoothly. ‘God, I’m gonna throw up’ She thought as she took her place behind the microphone and stared out in to the sea of bodies.

Buffy said one final prayer to the music gods, requesting that she remembered the words to the song and that the band kicked ass, while the rest of the members too their places. Once she received the signal from Xander that it was time to start, Buffy counted off to the beat of the music until it was time for her to start singing the lyrics to the song Faith had written only the week before. “Perfect by nature…Icons of self-indulgence…Just what we all need…More lies about a world that…Never was and never will be…Have you no shame? Don’t you see me? You know you’ve got everybody fooled.”

By the time they wrapped up the first song, and was greeted with a thundering applause of approval from the crowd, Buffy fell easily in to the groove. Her nerves melted away and she belted out the final two songs without a hitch; loving every minute of being on stage.

*******************************************************


Spike stood in the shadows of the balcony, staring out into the crowd below. Frankly, he was quite bored, but it was his job to be there since he was in charge of security for the final band. Being up in the balcony made it easier to see what was going on, therefore simpler to inform his coworkers down below what was going on. Luckily, their arrival had been late and he didn’t have to stand around to see the opening group as well. Rooting around in the pocket of his black duster, he produced a cigarette and lighter, needing a quick smoke to relax him. When he lit his cigarette and looked out into the crowd, that’s when he saw her. She was a golden goddess swaying to the music, her hands above her head, hips moving in perfect rhythm to the beat of the music. This woman was like a burst of sunlight in an otherwise dark existence. In an instant, he was entranced. Perky breasts, encased in a fragment of material, bounced with each move causing a certain part of his nether regions to feel uncomfortable in his black jeans. Discretely, he reached down and adjusted himself, silently wishing it was her delicate touch instead of his own. She spun around allowing him to catch a glimpse of a firm ass encased in slick black vinyl. His cock throbbed at the sight, demanding to be freed from its confines. He was captivated, unable to take his icy blue eyes away from his new discovery. Only when he saw another guy approach his beauty, was his concentration broken.

*******************************************************


Buffy and Faith had been dancing for most of the first set, downing several libations that were on the house for them tonight. Willow and Tara had joined in for a while, but had to leave early since they had to do inventory at their store in the morning. Angel had stopped by for a quick hello after their set, giving a congratulatory hug from Cordelia since she couldn’t be there. Apparently their son, Connor, was running a fever. Angel had wandered off afterwards, explaining that the other band had ran late and several of his employees had arrived with them and he was going to check in. He had recently taken over the security agency that his father had owned, prior to his death, called Angel Protection Agency.

Buffy was in the middle of telling Faith that she was going to take a break for a bit, when she was interrupted by someone. Turning around, she gasped, realizing that her interrupter was Riley Finn, one of the many up and coming actors in the area. Buffy knew he had been in a few hit films recently, although she hadn’t had the time to see all of the yet. She had to admit that he was cuter in person, but she hadn’t realized just how tall he was until he was next to her and towering over her. Shocked, and definitely flattered, when he asked her to dance, she felt engulfed in his massive arms. The oddly mismatched couple danced to several songs, never breaking apart despite Buffy’s attempts to leave. It was late and she was tired and achy, ready to go home. Buffy glanced around the dance floor and tried to get her friends attention; never noticing the man with the platinum hair gazing at her from the balcony.

*******************************************************


From his perch above the crowd, Spike sighed in relief when the premiere band finished their final set. He was knackered and ready to go home; and also well aware of a certain throbbing member that was still demanding his attention. Unfortunately, it would not be his golden goddess that would be milking him into a state of ecstasy tonight. His girlfriend, Drusilla would be eagerly awaiting his arrival since he had been gone for several weeks on tour with the band. He groaned in despair at the thought. Normally he was more than pleased to make love to his dark princess, with her long cascading black hair and pale smooth skin, but tonight he wanted someone else.

He wanted sunlight.