Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, there is a cliffhanger but this chapter was going to be way too long if I continued with what I was planning. So, try not to hate me too much. I promise to have the next part out next week, even if I have to bitch slap my muse! Thanks for all of the reviews guys, keep em coming!!!
Buffy curiously eyeballed Riley as he hobbled into the courtroom on crutches with armed guards flanking him on both sides. There was a small twinge of compassion for her former lover that she quickly suppressed; choosing to focus on all of the pain he had caused for her and her family instead. Once Riley was behind the defense’s table he remained standing until the Judge entered the room and announced for everyone to take their seats. It was at that moment that Lilah Morgan announced that her client would like to address the court. With an annoyed look, the black robed judge waved his hand and gave Riley clearance to speak.

“Thank you, sir.” Riley mumbled as he shuffled nervously on his crutches. “I wanted to announce that due in part to recent events I have decided to change my plea to guilty, your Honor.”

“You’re sure of your decision, Mr. Finn?” Judge Hargrove asked, only continuing when Riley nodded that he was positive. “Well then, by ‘recent events’ I assume you are speaking of the incident you caused this weekend and I must say that you, Mr. Finn, most certainly need help of some type because your life seems to be in a downward spiral. While there are many people in the judicial system that would be inclined to send you into a rehabilitation system for your alcohol and drug abuse, I am not one of them. In regards to the crimes committed against Buffy and Dawn Summers, I will be recommending the maximum sentence for one count of Assault I and one count of Assault II. Maybe upwards of fifteen years in prison will straighten you out.” He paused to band the wooden gavel positioned near his elbow when the murmurs in the courtroom quickly rose to a quiet roar. “Silence, please! Bailiff, please escort Mr. Finn out of the room, please.”

To say that Buffy was shocked would be an understatement. In utter amazement, Buffy sat in a dazed silence as she watched what was suppose to be her husband shuffle out of the courtroom; only being brought out of her stupor when the heavy oak door slammed shut behind Riley. Releasing a breath that she did not know was being held, Buffy turned to Dawn and pulled her in for a bear hug.

“I cannot believe what just happened!” Buffy cried happily, smothering Dawn in the process. “It’s like a dream or something else totally wonky.”

“Hrmphfrmph.” Dawn muttered against Buffy’s chest, wiggling around to break free of her sister’s amazingly strong hold. When Buffy let go, she took a breath and smoothed her hand over her brown locks in case they were disheveled. “Ok, so what I tried to say before Buffy tried to smother me was that he got what he deserved, big butthead.”

Spike stood to the side with Rupert and Joyce while Buffy and Dawn hugged each other once again. He was chuckling lightly as he watched them break away with tears sparkling in their eyes when he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. Turning around to his left, Spike found Riley’s attorney appearing almost sheepish beside him. “What do you want?” He asked snidely, knowing that anything Miss Morgan wanted was sure to be tainted with the stench of her client.

“Just a moment with Miss Summers…Buffy, is all. That is if she doesn’t mind.” Lilah explained, glancing at Buffy expectantly.

Buffy shrugged her shoulders and said, “Whatever.” Standing up, she followed the sleekly dressed attorney to a more private area of the courtroom. “So, what’s the what?”

“I know you probably don’t care…hell, if I was in your position I wouldn’t, but Riley asked me to give you this.” Holding out her perfectly manicured hand, she produced a small blue velvet box. “It’s your engagement ring. He said that he bought it for you and that’s where it needs to be and to do with it as you wish.”

Dumbfounded, Buffy stared at the familiar ring box for a moment before saying, “Ok, so that was the last thing I expected you to do. Uh…thanks, I guess. Maybe I can make it a necklace or something. Is that all?”

“Um…no, this is for you also.” Reaching into the black leather bag slung over her shoulder, Lilah pulled out a brown envelope and handed it to Buffy. “Don’t know what it is, my guess is some type of apology?”

“Thanks. Ok, well…bye.” Firmly clasping both items in her hands, Buffy turned and began walking back to her family when Lilah’s voice stopped her.

“He was on his way to see you…to give you the ring himself. That’s where he was heading when the wreck occurred. For some reason Riley thought that if he begged enough you would forgive him and be up for reconciliation.” At Buffy’s shocked expression, Lilah exited the courtroom; smirk firmly in place.

Not up to answering questions, Buffy shoved the items into her purse and went back to her family. “Just some papers that I need to look over.” She explained, opting to edge around the truth instead of giving an outright lie. “So, what now?”

“I think that a celebration is called for.” Giles announced. “Who would object to dinner?” In response to his question, Giles was practically dragged from the courthouse by both of his stepdaughters. With smiles on their faces and light hearts, they all piled into their respective cars and headed towards one of Dawn and Buffy’s favorite restaurants.

Several hours and a couple of bottles of wine later, Buffy and Spike were finally back home…alone. Thankfully, Dawn had sensed Buffy’s desire to spend some time alone with Spike and had urged her parents to go to a movie after dinner.

After a great deal of fumbling with his keys, Spike opened the front door and almost fell through since his balance was compromised by Buffy’s weight since she had latched herself around his waist after exiting the car. Kicking the front door closed, Spike shuffled across the foyer and pressed Buffy against the wall; a position reminiscent of their first time. Grinding his erection into her center, Spike moaned into her mouth with passion as their tongues dueled for control. He lowered her to the ground and greedily began tugging on her clothing; desperate to feel her skin. Fueled with desire, Spike growled when his shaky hands refused to cooperate as he tried to undo the delicate pearl buttons of the white silk blouse. With a determined grunt, he gave up the mission and ripped the shirt open. Cupping his hand around one lace covered breast, he whispered deeply, “Fuck it, pet. ‘ll by another one. Mmm, want you so much…need you.”

Aching with want, Buffy shimmied out of the rose colored dress pants and pink thong pushed them aside. Clad in only a bra, Buffy attacked Spike; wrapping her legs back around his narrow waist and smashing her lips against his. Reaching between their bodies, Buffy slid her hand and massaged his rigid shaft before lowering his zipper and freeing the throbbing member from its confines. With assistance from Spike, she slowly guided his cock inside her heated channel, sighing in pleasure once he was fully inside.
“Spike…fills me up, feels so…good.”

Spike had every intention of taking her slowly; relishing in the feel of her tight walls around his dick, the smell of her perfume assaulting his senses, her lace covered breasts bouncing lightly with each thrust. His plan was thrown out the window when Buffy leaned down and bit down on the tender skin between his neck and shoulder. Filled with pain and pleasure, Spike cried out in ecstasy and began pounding into Buffy’s pussy ferociously. Within minutes he felt her walls fluttering around his member announcing her impending release. Thrusting harder and faster, Spike screamed as his world shattered around him; spilling his thick semen into her awaiting womb at the same time that Buffy’s orgasm ripped through her body. Her teeth were buried into his shoulder as she whimpered and bucked against him; his body pulsated with desire as the last vestiges of cum spurted from his cock. When their world began to steady and his legs became more stable, Spike hoisted Buffy upwards and regained his grip on her firm ass and carried her to their bedroom where they continued making love for nearly an hour.

After a luxurious shower where Spike lathered and teased basically every area on her body, Buffy wrapped a towel around her petite frame and headed downstairs for something to drink. When she reached the foyer, she quickly retrieved their discarded clothing and tucked it under her arm about to go into the kitchen when she saw her purse. Letting her curiosity get the better of her, Buffy placed the clothes on the small table and took the mysterious envelope out of the purse. Walking over to the couch, she perched on the armrest and opened the envelope, surprised to find it filled with more than just one piece of paper. After unfolding the packet of white paper, she sifted through them, reading bits and pieces on each page. About halfway through them, her eyes began to water and her heart starting pounding in her chest. With shaky hands she read over the information twice before dropping the papers to the ground. Trembling violently from the sobs wracking her body, Buffy slid to the floor with them.

“Oh God, please…no.”