Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, here it is! Hope you guys like it since I horribly made you all wait nearly two weeks for an update. Thanks again to everyone who read and reviewed the last chapter!
“Don’t bloody care who’s here, pet.” Spike panted, thrusting the heated flesh of his shaft into Buffy’s cool palm that was still grasping him tightly. “Let ‘em enjoy the show.”

“What? No, not here here, Spike, like here in Sunnydale.” Buffy exclaimed exasperatedly as she quickly set to work stuffing his dick back into his pants; only to receive a growl of impatience from Spike. “Willow and Xander are in town, I can feel them.”

“Right, tha’s a bit on the weird side. You feel them?”

“That’s one of my many strange talents that have yet to be explored.” Buffy said wryly, extending a hand to help Spike off the cracked vinyl sofa. “For now, you need to make sure your little friends are tucked safely into their warm beds and do the same for you until I can find my insane, whack job sires and figure out what their plan is, ok?”

“What? You expect me to just run along home with my tail stuck between my legs like some simpering ponce? No bloody way!”

“Please, Spike, for once in your life don’t cop an ‘All High and Mighty Slayer’ attitude with me. They are really strong and more powerful than any other monster that goes bump in the night that you have dealt with. You think I was tough? I’ve got nothing on them, except maybe the whole look into my eyes thingy. They are sick, Spike; evil down to the last drop. Xander, well he’s just along for the massacre. It’s Willow who has the vendetta against you. She’s the one that will make sure that not only you suffer, but anyone you care about will be a pawn in her sick little game.”

“Me? What the hell did I do to her?”

“Um…well, that’s a topic that definitely needs to be dealt with some other time, ok? Don’t have the time right now, just please, go get your friends and make sure they get home so you don’t have to worry about them.”

“Fine, I’ll make sure they are taken care of, but I am not going home. If there are two new baddies in my town, I need to patrol.”

“Ok, whatever…just watch your back. I’m gonna go see if I can find them and figure out whatever they’re planning; which is going to be really hard since I reek of eau de Slayer.” Stepping closer to Spike, Buffy stood on the tips of her toes and lightly brushed a kiss across his lips. “I’ll find you later.”

Spike stood rooted in place as he watched her retreating form disappear down the stairs and into the gyrating mass of bodies below. After a few moments, he mentally shook himself back into reality and followed in her footsteps in search for his friends. Spotting most of them sitting comfortably in the same booth as before, Spike weaved his way through the crowd until he was standing next to Gunn.

“Well, that didn’t take too long, stud.” Gunn stated sarcastically, grinning ear to ear. “Guess that means I’m off the hook for the next round, right?”

“Not now, Gunn.” Spike interjected, giving his friend a look that plainly stated that he wasn’t in the mood. “Look, something bad ‘s brewing and I need you and Angel to make sure that Fred gets home safely and then do the same for yourselves. Can you do that for me, mate? ‘ve got to go out and patrol until I know what exactly is going on.”

“Yeah, man. No problem. You sure you don’t need any help out there?”

“Honestly, I probably do, but I’d feel better knowing everyone was all right.” Turning around to look out to the dance floor, he said, “Where is Fred by the way?”

“Shaking her groove thang with some guy she met at the bar. I think I see her up towards the stage.”

“I’ll go get her so that I can apologize for ruining her birthday celebration and bring her back to you.” With a grim expression, Spike made his way towards Fred and interrupted her dancing; all the while being on the receiving end of a nasty look from the guy next to her. After a brief explanation and apology, Spike brushed a kiss across her check and promised to do something extra special once everything settled down.

After dropping Fred off with Gunn and Angel, Spike finally left the club and headed towards town in search of Willow and Xander. What he hadn’t expected though, was to run straight into Tara in front of the coffee shop down town.

“S...s…pike, what a s..s…surprise!” She stuttered as she juggled a cup of coffee and a stack of books.

“Bit late for studying don’ you think?” Spike asked, reaching out quickly to catch a wayward book before it tumbled to the ground. He caught a glimpse of the cover before handing it back to Tara. “Mating Rituals of Vampires? Doesn’ sound like something from the required reading list.”

“Oh, uh…it’s just a strange hobby of mine, really; vampires, werewolves, ghosts and goblins and what not. So, what are you doing tonight?”

“Er…on my way home from a party.” Spike fibbed.

“Ah, an illustrious social life, something I seem to be lacking lately. I’m heading home, myself.” Tara kidded, nodding head in the direction of her apartment.

“Well then, wouldn’t be too gentlemanly of me if I didn’ walk you home.” Figuring offering to walk her home was a safe cover for making sure she got there in once piece and didn’t blow his Slayer cover. While his closer friends new about his sacred duty, Spike preferred not to spread the word around; although he always suspected that Tara knew more about his alter ego than she let on, never questioning his sudden disappearing acts or the presence of stakes in his book bag at study sessions.

After taking the cumbersome books from Tara, the two began the trek across town to her small, but quaint apartment was located. As with most areas in Sunnydale, a slight jaunt through a graveyard provided them with a shortcut and Spike groaned loudly when he heard the tell tale sounds of a tussle from inside the supposed peaceful resting grounds. Pausing long enough to set the books on a nearby tombstone, Spike headed inside the darkened graveyard after telling Tara to stay put.

Stake in hand, Spike cautiously approached what appeared to be two figures locked in a grappling session near a towering crypt. Moving closer, he tried to remain unseen until directly upon the attacking vampire; but a wayward twig on the ground crunched beneath his weight and blew his cover. Gaining the vampire’s attention, Spike barely noticed when the sobbing victim used his presence as a chance to escape.

“ ‘s not very nice to pick on someone smaller than you, mate. Or are you too big of a coward to fight someone your own size?” Spike taunted the vampire as he mindlessly twirled his trusty stake around with his fingers.

“Oh, I wouldn’t say it was so much as picking as smart planning, Slayer. Figured hearing a damsel in distress would be the fastest way to get your attention.” The vampire snarled, his fangs bared and face rigid with his demon form.

“Is that right? Well, here I am and it seems that your little meal has scampered off. So, wha’ was so bloody important?” Slowly, Spike edged closer to the shaggy haired brunette vampire.

“Come on now, no need to be rude. I just thought all of us could have some good old fashioned fun. Whattya think?” A sarcastic smirk was plastered across his face as the vampire casually strolled towards Spike.

“All of us? Might want to have your eyesight checked because there’s only two of here, mate.” Now within striking distance to the bloodsucker, Spike rested slightly on his back foot and prepared for an attack. Seeing the vampire’s amber eyes cut to the left, towards the entrance to the graveyard, Spike followed his line of vision and tried to push away the fear creeping into his stomach when a cruel chuckled escaped past the creature’s elongated fangs.

“Oh goody, the guests have arrived. Time for the party to start, Slayer.” With a grand sweeping of his arm, the vampire motioned towards the approaching figures.

Spike’s stomach curdled with fright and dread as he realized that what he was seeing was Tara, practically being dragged across the damp grass of the graveyard by an oddly familiar red headed woman. “Willow…” Spike whispered, his voice clenching with terror as the realization of the situation he had placed his friend into finally settled in his mind. With a fierce growl, Spike aimed his stake at the petite red head and prepared for attack; only to be stopped by a sharp blow to the side of the head.

Stumbling slightly, Spike turned to his assailant, who calmly stated, “Wouldn’t try that if I were you. With her reflexes, your little girlfriend’s neck will be ripped to shreds before you can save her.”

“So, I guess tha’ means that I go after you then, right? And, it’s Xander, I presume.” Spike replied snarkily, trying not to let Tara’s frightful whimpers not distract him so much.

“I see my reputation precedes me. Or, better yet, my wayward grandchilde filled you in on all the gory details about me and Willow.” Xander smiled slowly and began to circle Spike, who was still in fight position and ready for an attack from either side. “I can smell her all over you, Slayer. Little double crossing bitch, always sniffing around Slayers. I figured it was just a hop and skip until she started fucking them instead of killing them. Course, I don’t really mind doing that for her.” With unnatural speed, Xander flung himself at Spike and punching him in the temple; causing them both to fall to the damp ground. Rolling around in between the gravestones, fists flew and fangs snapped as the Slayer and vampire wrestled for control. Blood seeped from wounds that gaped open from bashings against tombstones and well placed punches to the face.

Staggering to his feet, Spike lashed out and grabbed hold of Xander’s arm, tossing him against a nearby crypt. He leaned over to grab the vampire again, but was jerked backwards by Willow, who had left her victim long enough to assist her sire. Long, razor sharp talons gripped his arms and tore through his pale blue sleeves; Spike felt warm rivulets of blood begin to soak his bicep. Struggling against her hold, Spike was finally able to regain his footing and pushed the crazed vampiress off his back. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw her crawl back over to Tara; who was unconscious and laying on the ground. In the midst of Xander’s attack, Spike didn’t notice that his friend had been hurt.

“Tara!” Spike cried as he staggered towards her unmoving form; only to be stopped by a cold hand circling his neck. Held in place by Xander’s tight grip, Spike gasped for air as he was forced to watch as Willow pulled Tara into her lap and slowly licked along her jugular.

“One move and she’s a goner, Slayer.” Xander hissed against Spike’s ear as he turned him around to look into his eyes. With a flick of his wrist, the vampire tilted the slayer’s neck slightly to the side; his golden eyes twinkling with anticipation as his head descend.

Nearly unconscious from lack of oxygen, Spike eyes fluttered closed as he made a futile attempt to struggle against his impending death. As darkness began to creep into his line of vision, Spike vaguely had the sense of falling as an inhuman cry pierced the night. Forcing his eyes open, Spike stared up into a set of shimmering green eyes as a cloud of dust flittered to the ground between them.